Search Unity

[Released] Mobile Social Plugin

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by stanislav-osipov, Feb 21, 2014.

1. newlife

newlife

On your Asset Store page (https://www.assetstore.unity3d.com/en/#!/publisher/2256) the support email is

stans.assets@gmail.com

not

stans.assest@gmail.com

which one is the correct one? I used the first one and i never received a reply.
    please double check the correctness of your email, but also do put more care in reading you own thread since after my support requests on the forum you made several "promotion" posts on the forum without caring about previous posts.

2. Rahul-Mishra

Rahul-Mishra

In twitter from mobile social plugin i can access the information of developer account but for non developer account i can't access user any information (eg: name,location).

3. stanislav-osipov

stanislav-osipov

This one is correct, sorry for the typo. I will contact you with PM, Will do my best to solve your problem :)

Not sure what you mean by this? You can get info of current user. With is granted access for the app using oAuth API.

Cheers!

4. PavanHolkar

PavanHolkar

Hi Team,

I tried with your Twitter plugin, I am facing some issue with twitter. I want to fetch user name and user location in my application I am able to fetch details from developer twitter account, but not able to fetch from non developer twitter account.

Thanks in advance.

5. stanislav-osipov

stanislav-osipov

Can you please send me device log?
    Cheers!

6. kamihiro74

kamihiro74

Hi,

We have purchased your application "Mobile Social Plugin" and using in our iOS application
    it works great, save a lot of times. Thank you.

We are just about submitting our application for review to Apple.
    However I just found out they change their policy in Feb.
    they will reject the application which using advertisingIdentifier without show advertising.
    We don't have any advertising on our application,so this will be problem for us.

it seems the unity3d and google analystics has fix this problem,
    but I just wonder in your application, Can we submit our application as it is ? or We need to change the xcode?

We are planning to submit tomorrow, so it would be great if you could give us answer as soon as possible.
    (sorry I already send same question to your email address)

Thank you

7. olie8

olie8

Hi, i've purchased your plugin, when i try to build on my android the example "FacebookExample", but i've this error, how to solve this please :

Error building Player: Win32Exception: ApplicationName='C:\Program Files (x86)\Java\jre7\bin\javac.exe', CommandLine='-bootclasspath "D:/Semester VII/Mobile Application/android-sdk/platforms/android-20\android.jar" -d "C:\Users\Wida\Documents\2DGame\Temp\StagingArea\bin\classes" -source 1.6 -target 1.6 -encoding UTF-8 "com\AltisCyber\POD\Manifest.java" "com\AltisCyber\POD\R.java" "com\facebook\android\Manifest.java" "com\facebook\android\R.java"', CurrentDirectory='C:\Users\Wida\Documents\2DGame\Temp\StagingArea\gen'

thanks

[SOLVED] by remove facebook sdk.

Last edited: Oct 24, 2014
  8. stanislav-osipov

stanislav-osipov

Hello, actually I am not adding advertisingIdentifier in the plugins. But as you know the FB part is builded over the official Unity FB plugin, so I am nor sure if it was trigger to adding advertisingIdentifier. How evenr I haven't any reports about such problem, so I pretty sue you are good to go and submit your app.

It basically one of solutions, you can find more info here:
    http://unionassets.com/manual/android-native-plugin/i-am-getting-build-error-1b95e1b2

9. NelsonPunch

NelsonPunch

Hi, I am have an issue.

In my code I have following:

void LoadFriendAvatar(FacebookUserInfo info)
    {
    SPFacebook.instance.addEventListener(FacebookUserInfo.PROFILE_IMAGE_LOADED, OnFriendAvatarLoaded);
    info.LoadProfileImage (FacebookProfileImageSize.square);
    }

void OnFriendAvatarLoaded()
    {
    SPFacebook.instance.removeEventListener(FacebookUserInfo.PROFILE_IMAGE_LOADED, OnFriendAvatarLoaded);
    Debug.Log("assign texture");
    }

I expect console to log "assign texture", however, it never log.
    OnFriendAvatarLoaded() never get call, but I do register event before loading profile image.
    In manual it say PROFILE_IMAGE_LOADED will be triggered, so I don't know what's the problem?

My plugin version is 3.8

10. thomas_triplefun

thomas_triplefun

Hi,
    I bought this pluggin (and ios native) and i have some trouble to build,
    First ,I have a problem when I build on Unity on the XCProject class on line 452
    if ( current.Value.path.CompareTo( name ) == 0 )
    One path is null :/
    So I add a check to continue if it's nul, to have a build
    And then when i try to build on xCode I have some Apple Mach-O Linker Errors on RegisterMonoModules like _iosInit or _iosLogin (i have 15 errors)
    Note: I have check, Accounts, Social, MessageUI are in the project. The project build without Facebook sdk.

Hope you already know something about this issues.

11. stanislav-osipov

stanislav-osipov

You need to assign listener to the info, not to the controller. here is how it should look like:
    Code (CSharp):
    1. void LoadFriendAvatar(FacebookUserInfo info)
    2. {
    3. info.addEventListener(FacebookUserInfo.PROFILE_IMAGE_LOADED, OnFriendAvatarLoaded);
    4. info.LoadProfileImage (FacebookProfileImageSize.square);
    5. }
    7. void OnFriendAvatarLoaded()
    8. {
    9. Debug.Log("assign texture");
    10. }
    Let me know if you need more help on it.

Hello.
    What Xcode version do you have?
    How you removed FB sdk? With the plugin remove button?

Described error come from FB unity SDK, looks like Assets/Facebook folder is removed but the IOS part is steel in the project, so you have such issue.

12. thomas_triplefun

thomas_triplefun

Thank's for your reply,
    Xcode version is 6.1
    I tried to remove FB sdk manualy and with the plugin button...

13. stanislav-osipov

stanislav-osipov

Then it's pretty weird that you have this issue. Can you share you project with me so I will see what is going on with it. or we can do a teamviewer session. Just send me PM.

Cheers!

14. kamihiro74

kamihiro74

Hi, I had a question about the function "SPShareUtility.FacebookShare", I have used this function in iOS with predefined text and image. it works fine, However in the Android, it only shows the image, doesn't show the text. any solution?

the asset version I used is 3.6 ,and checked with Android 4.2-4.4

15. stanislav-osipov

stanislav-osipov

16. kamihiro74

kamihiro74

17. Stans-Assets

Stans-Assets

MobileSocialPlugin v 3.9.1 just released.

New Features:
    • Editor improvements
    Refactor:
    • Flash Like event system now use own namespace: UnionAssets.FLE
    Fixes:
    • IOS build error fixed
    • iPad sharing bug fixed
    • Playmaker Actions compilation fix
    • Dependencies removed:
      • google play
      • google ad
      • google billing
    Read More about update:http://goo.gl/PH2CmM

18. Hariyava

Hariyava

Hi,
    I got your plugin months before and i shared the screenshot to fb through without authentication post in android(i.e. opening the inbuilt facebook app in the device), but now i want it to be authentication.The point is i am following all the steps as it is in your documentation. When i run in unity editor i can able to get the access token and post it to fb wall through authentication, but if i build it to android and run it, i was not able to post it, even it is not logging in to the fb with your example scene.I pasted the debug keyhash in my fb app id.Can you please guide me where i am going wrong?

I am using unity 4.3.1 and your mobile social version is 2.7

19. stanislav-osipov

stanislav-osipov

Hello, well defiantly something wrong with the setup, to find out what exactly I need to see the device log, please send it using PM or you can contact support team with issue described and log attached via stans.assets@gmail.com

Cheers!

20. Hariyava

Hariyava

Hi,
    Thank you so much.My problem solved by changing my facebook settings.Now i am able to post with facebook api. But i just want to know that i am taking a screenshot and applying to a website and getting that image url into feed link i.e.in PostWithAuthCheck "picture" part and i am also able to post it .But the point is after feeding details into facebook api , it opens, this is where i want to know whether the user has posted or cancelled the post option.I tried your example,in the "status bar" even after the user cancelled the post, it shows as "posting complete". Do we have any option to find the user cancellation?

Hoping for a fast reply.Thanks in advance.

21. stanislav-osipov

stanislav-osipov

Hello.
    if the result.Error == null it means that no issue occurred during posting flow. And even if the user will cancel the post, we will not get the error. If you want to be sure that the user has posted a feed on his wall to need to parse the result.Text JSON data and check if it contains the post id.

You can read more here:
    https://unionassets.com/mobile-social-plugin/general-features-135

22. bjornrun

bjornrun

When will it work on Unity 5 b14+?
    I have also problems on 4.6 with the current version. Anyone else having compilation problems with IOSTwitterPlugin?

23. stanislav-osipov

stanislav-osipov

Sorry, my bad, I will submit the fix in one day. If somebody has a problem with IOSTwitterPlugin, just send mail to the stans.asstes@gmail.com and you will get fixed version.

24. Stans-Assets

Stans-Assets

MobileSocialPlugin v 4.1 just released.

Fixes:
    • Instagram actions fixed
    • Facebook re auth bug fixed
    • IOS Twitter API compilation bug fixed

25. stanislav-osipov

stanislav-osipov

Hey guys, I am going on vacation so will be not available for the next week. If you have any question or technical issues feel free contact support team, they will work at full power)

But I will able to solve more complicated stuff in a week!
    Cheers!

26. AlexFCL

AlexFCL

Hi all,

Problem
    I purchased the plugin version 4.1 and am having trouble building an Android apk. I get the following error message:

Error building Player: CommandInvokationFailure: Failed to re-package resources. See the Console for details.
    /Users/AlexFoo/Documents/sdk/build-tools/21.1.2/aapt package --auto-add-overlay -v -f -m -J gen -M AndroidManifest.xml -S "res" -I "/Users/AlexFoo/Documents/sdk/platforms/android-21/android.jar" -F bin/resources.ap_ --extra-packages com.facebook.android -S "/Users/AlexFoo/Desktop/Unity3D/Plugins/MobileSocialPlugin/MobileSocialPlugin/Temp/StagingArea/android-libraries/facebook/res"

stderr[
    /Users/AlexFoo/Desktop/Unity3D/Plugins/MobileSocialPlugin/MobileSocialPlugin/Temp/StagingArea/android-libraries/facebook/res/drawable/com_facebook_close.png: libpng warning: iCCP: Not recognizing known sRGB profile that has been edited
    /Users/AlexFoo/Desktop/Unity3D/Plugins/MobileSocialPlugin/MobileSocialPlugin/Temp/StagingArea/android-libraries/facebook/res/drawable-ldpi/com_facebook_close.png: libpng warning: iCCP: Not recognizing known sRGB profile that has been edited
    /Users/AlexFoo/Desktop/Unity3D/Plugins/MobileSocialPlugin/MobileSocialPlugin/Temp/StagingArea/android-libraries/facebook/res/drawable-hdpi/com_facebook_close.png: libpng warning: iCCP: Not recognizing known sRGB profile that has been edited
    /Users/AlexFoo/Desktop/Unity3D/Plugins/MobileSocialPlugin/MobileSocialPlugin/Temp/StagingArea/android-libraries/facebook/res/drawable-xhdpi/com_facebook_close.png: libpng warning: iCCP: Not recognizing known sRGB profile that has been edited
    AndroidManifest.xml:9: error: Error: No resource found that matches the given name (at 'resource' with value '@XML/file_paths').

]
    stdout[
    Configurations:
    (default)
    ldpi-v4
    mdpi-v4
    hdpi-v4
    xhdpi-v4
    he
    es
    iw

Files:
    drawable/com_facebook_button_blue.xml
    Src: () /Users/AlexFoo/Desktop/Unity3D/Plugins/MobileSocialPlugin/MobileSocialPlugin/Temp/StagingArea/android-libraries/facebook/res/drawable/com_facebook_button_blue.xml
    drawable/com_facebook_button_blue_focused.9.png
    Src: () /Users/AlexFoo/Desktop/Unity3D/Plugins/MobileSocialPlugin/MobileSocialPlugin/Temp/StagingArea/android-libraries/facebook/res/drawable/com_facebook_button_blue_focused.9.png
    (There's a whole bunch of files listing in the res folder here)

What I've tried but didn't work
    - Downgraded Android SDK Build-tools to 21.0.2

What I'm using
    - Unity 4.6.1f1
    - Android SDK Build-tools 21.1.2
    - Mobile Social Plugin 4.1
    - Facebook + Twitter features (filled in all necessary info, iOS built and run okay)
    - iOS build is successful and able to post to both Facebook and Twitter.

I suspect is the bold error above but I am not certain and have no idea on how to fix that; or it could be something else. Hope someone can shed some light here, thanks!

27. stanislav-osipov

stanislav-osipov

Hello. do yo have file under:
    Assets/Plugins/Android/res/xml/file_paths.xml ?

If so, I would appreciate if you could send me your project for review.
    Cheers!

28. Ogen

Ogen

I'm having the same problem. I imported the entire plugin but there was no file_paths.xml file.

EDIT: I just added the directory with a generic file_paths.xml file that I found on Google and it built successfully.

Last edited: Dec 30, 2014
  29. shaunvig114

shaunvig114

Hi lacost,

I am a user of several of your plugins, so firstly I would like to say thanks for the great work and effort you've put in- it has certainly been a big help for me. However, I have a question/request for you in the Mobile Social Plugin and would appreciate some of your insight:

I have noticed that using SPShareUtility to post screenshots seems to take some time (2-3+ seconds, sometimes more) when tested on several different devices. My current usage can be summarized as follows:

1. I capture a screenshot using Application.captureScreenshot(<filename>)... I have found that this seems to perform better than the alternatives (readPixels(), etc)

2. I then load the screenshot into a texture2D using a coroutine where I load the texture using WWW(url).
    3. I pass this texture2D to SPShareUtility

Upon observing the laginess of this approach, I decided to step through some of the plugin code. I noticed that the texture passed to the plugin methods is later used to call .EncodeToPNG() to obtain a byte array, which is then converted into a base64 string.

Because I was stuck on a train with nothing better to do, I decided to add a couple of methods to your classes that allowed me to directly pass the byte array from my code to yours. This seemed convenient to me because in order to get a Texture2D, I needed to load it using WWW(<path to screenshot>), which (as you probably know) results in a WWW object with both a Texture2D and a bytes[] attribute. So, instead of passing the www.texture to your code, I instead passed www.bytes .

I did this knowing that Application.captureScreenshot() by default saves the image as a PNG, so I figured that the bytes from this object would already be in the proper format, and thus allow us to eliminate the texture.EncodeToPNG() call.

When I tested this approach, I found that it performed my desired operation much more quickly.

Basically, I'm wondering if the approach I have described above is something that you could add to your plugin in the future? Or, if not, is there another approach I can use with the current methods that will allow me to post images without the current lag that I am observing. Thanks!

30. stanislav-osipov

stanislav-osipov

Thanks for the update, appreciated!

Hey @shaunvig114 looks like reasonable feature request, I will add this functionality to future plugin version.
    Cheers!

31. shaunvig114

shaunvig114

@lacost Thank you! Much Appreciated.

32. renman3000

renman3000

Hi,
    I just bought your app. I am excited about its potential. However, I would like to ask you, so I can better understand how I should code this....

1) if I want to create a text field, is this something outside of this plugin.
    2) once a text field is filled and user wants to Tweet or post to Facebook, I imagine I am using the "TwitterEvents" handler. Now, this handler is accessing a manager that it will get automatically on Awake?
    3) once I have access to the TwitterEvents handler, I can just plug away?

Thanks

33. stanislav-osipov

stanislav-osipov

Sure, this is should be implemented with the UI. You can use Unity UI or will know 3-rd party plugins like nGUI or iGUI.

Sorry I am not sure I got what you need. Do you want to share text from this textfiled when user is done typing?

34. renman3000

renman3000

Yes, I would like whatever is entered in the textfield to be posted to Twitter and or Facebook. (in this case, lets just say Twitter).

35. stanislav-osipov

stanislav-osipov

Well there is two ways how you can achieve this.

After you detected that user want's to finish typing text and want to share if via FB. you can use this methods:
    Code (CSharp):
    1. SPShareUtility.TwitterShare("This is my text to share");
    or
    Code (CSharp):
    1. SPTwitter.instance.Post("Hello, I'am posting this from my app");

You can read here abut differences og this methods:
    https://unionassets.com/mobile-social-plugin/coding-guidelines-147

36. pietroune

pietroune

Hi,
    I've tried to run the Example Scene for Twitter on Android, setting up the API Key and API Secret, and nothing is working. I tap on buttons but they won't do nothing, except from doing the *click* sound.
    What am I missing?!

Thank you.

37. stanislav-osipov

stanislav-osipov

Are you using plugin on real device? If example scene is not working, it means something wrong with the plugin or Twitter setup, please send device log to the stans.assets@gmail.com

38. pietroune

pietroune

I solved the problem doing a fresh install of the plugin.
    Thank you!

Last edited: Jan 20, 2015
  39. stanislav-osipov

stanislav-osipov

No problem, glad your problem is fixed!

40. Toni-Takekawa

Toni-Takekawa

thanks.
    iOS Build, Linker error.
    Should I add Framework and liblary to Xcode project?
    スクリーンショット 2015-01-29 14.18.39.png

sorry my english is little bit strange.

41. AlexFCL

AlexFCL

Hi Stan,

How do I go about updating just the Facebook SDK?

I downloaded the just recently released v6.2.1 sdk from Facebook page and imported the package. In the Facebook menu item, it reads SDK version 6.2.1 but in the Mobile Social Plugin menu it reads 6.1.0.

42. stanislav-osipov

stanislav-osipov

Well, libraryes should be added automaticely. What Unity version you using? Can you please send me your project with MSP installed for testing?

This is issue with MSP FB version reading, do not warry about it. I will fix this in next release.

43. tesan

tesan

Hello, I have a question concerning facebook on iOS, I would like to Single Sign-On with the facebook account on iOS settings and I don't know how I can do that, I use Social.Login but I have a Login Dialog.

Thanks

44. stanislav-osipov

stanislav-osipov

45. Ogen

Ogen

What code did you run to post the score to facebook?

46. AlexFCL

AlexFCL

Hi Stan,

Can I know how to update just the Facebook SDK for MSP?

If I directly import the official facebook unity sdk, it will have duplicate jar files error as it creates it's own set of files in the assets/Facebook folder, while your assets/plugin/stanassets/facebook has it's own set of sdk files.

47. stanislav-osipov

stanislav-osipov

Well updating to latest SDK was pretty hard, due to big cnahes. but we have released updated 2 days ago with the latest FB SDK. so feel free to download MSP update, let me know if you will have any issues.
    Cheers!

48. wensixing

wensixing

Hi,
    I bought this plugin and i have some trouble with facebook text sharing in Android.
    Actually, when i click the sharing button ( SPShareUtility.FacebookShare(m_message); ) , the Facebook Application will be opened but without any text prefilled (m_message).
    how should i solve this problem.

49. stanislav-osipov

stanislav-osipov

50. Hoia

Hoia

Hi,
    I bought the Mobile Social Plugin and i have some trouble with facebook integration.
    I'm using Unity 5 with Plugin-Version 6.2. The Mobile Social Plugin is the only plugin I'm using, so I guess there are no Android Manifests to merge. In Unity Editor Facebook works fine, but when I'm building the scene to an android device, nothing happens.
    What keeps me wondering is that after I press the install-button of the plugin, two folders called 'Android' are created. One in Plugins/Android and the other in Plugin/StansAssets/Android and every Android-Folder contains one Android-Manifest. The Manual says that I have to copy files from Assets/Plugins/StansAssets to Assets/Plugins but that isn't possible with another Android-Folder in Assets/Plugins.

Another thing, which might have something to do with my problem is, that this link tells me I have to delete Assets/Plugins/Android/facebook/bin/classes. But in my Project I have no facebook-Folder in Assets/Plugins/Android.

When using logcat to debug the android-device I'm using I get this message:

I/Unity (20384): AndroidJavaException: java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: com.facebook.unity.FB
    I/Unity (20384): at UnityEngine.AndroidJNISafe.CheckException () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
    I/Unity (20384): at UnityEngine.AndroidJNISafe.CallStaticObjectMethod (IntPtr clazz, IntPtr methodID, UnityEngine.jvalue[] args) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
    I/Unity (20384): at UnityEngine.AndroidJavaObject._CallStatic[AndroidJavaObject] (System.String methodName, System.Object[] args) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
    I/Unity (20384): at UnityEngine.AndroidJavaObject.CallStatic[AndroidJavaObject] (System.String methodName, System.Object[] args) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
    I/Unity (20384): at UnityEngine.AndroidJavaObject.FindClass (System.String name) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
    I/Unity (20384): at UnityEngine.AndroidJavaClass._AndroidJavaClass (System.String className) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
    I/Unity (20384): at UnityEngine.AndroidJavaClass..ctor (System.String className) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
    I/Unity (20384): at Facebook.AndroidFacebook.get_FB () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
    I/Unity (20384): at Facebook.AndroidF

I hope you can help me.
    Thanks in advance