Search Unity

[RELEASED] Jigsaw puzzle - Creator KIT

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by Allebi, Nov 26, 2015.

1. Allebi

Allebi

Hi everyone,

I'd like to introduce our new complete solution to create nice and professional Jigsaw Puzzle games really fast. Every element there was carefully designed to be effective, universal and easy to use.
    Hope you'd like it!
    jigsaw.png
    Asset Store link: https://www.assetstore.unity3d.com/#!/content/49279
    Demo: https://connect.unity.com/p/jigsawpuzzlekit-demo

Gameplay preview video:

Puzzle generation video:

Description:
    It is a complete solution to create a nice and professional Jigsaw Puzzle game really fast and easy.
    The package has everything you may need – flexible puzzle generation and import system, saves system, menus, hints, dialogs, etc. Every element was carefully designed to be effective, universal and easy to use.

The Kit comes with a prepared demo-game that can be easily customized and big amount of useful components/features to create your own gameplay:
    • Support any puzzle variations - even 3D
    • Convenient puzzle generation/import tools
    • Gameplay logic and all related components
    • Auto save&load system, menus, hints, etc
    • Pan&Zoom camera controller
    • Easy and nice dialogs sub-system
    • Nice 2D art (including Blue Cartoon GUI , etc)
    • Includes powerful TextureUtility system
    • Fully optimized and Mobile-ready

Any feedback will be really appreciated!

Last edited: Dec 17, 2019
  2. arpberta

arpberta

01/05/2018 Just purchased JPCK and cannot get it to build and run in Unity 3D 2017.3.0f3 it just beeps.
    i am very very new at unity3d so i thought it was me, but when i downloaded jigsaw puzzle lite 4.0 i was able to build and run the game successfully.
    where do i go for support.

Attached Files:

3. Allebi

Allebi

Hello, and thanks for the purchase!

We'll check the issue asap.

For faster communication - can you please contact us via email allebigames@gmail.com

Sorry for inconveniences,
    Alex

4. Allebi

Allebi

Looks like there was a small issue - update should be available on the Store soon.

Please let me know your e-mail, so we'll be able to send it to you already.
    (Or just drop a mail to allebigames@gmail.com)

5. jGate99

jGate99

Few issues:
    1- it doesn't provide some of the behavior I had expected from a puzzle (pieces should stick to each other rather than a fixed background image). Please provide this feature ASAP as all the modern jigsaw games have it.

2- Any possibiities of using uGUI instead of Sprite for puzzle pices?

Thanks

6. Allebi

Allebi

Hello and thanks for your feedback!

The Jigsaw Kit designed in the way to allow easily use different realization of elements (sprites and models, generated and manually created, etc) and various approaches in puzzle creation, including 3D-puzzles.
    Unfortunately, downside of the architecture is complexity in integration the features requested above, so

1 - We plan to bring "sticking pieces" feature, but I can't promise it fast, because it requires changes in system core design.

2 - Currently it impossible to use Unity GUI elements, because Unity uses another approach render it (different from one used for Sprites, 3D models etc). It's possible to have it after some changes in code, but this most probably will completely broke compatibility with other elements types, therefore we don't plan to make it anytime soon.
    On the other hand - if you really need to use only uGUI for puzzle pieces and don't need any other types (like Sprite) - i'll be happy to help you in this work at least with advice (please contact us via e-mail).

Best regards,
    Alex

7. helloworldgames

helloworldgames

Nice kit and after reading review sticking pieces is undoubtedly an important part of such kit.
    Any ETA on it? i can work with 1-2 months as long as its coming.

8. jGate99

jGate99

waiting for 1. Thanks

9. Allebi

Allebi

Unfortunately there's no precise ETA yet.
    Though we definitely going to release it less than in two month (I hope - even before February).

jGate99 likes this.
  10. jGate99

jGate99

before Feb is good, cant thank you enough :)

11. helloworldgames

helloworldgames

Hey,

Its April and still there is no update about sticking pieces?

Thanks

12. Allebi

Allebi

Hello,
    Sorry there were some unexpected delays and fallbacks.
    Good news - i'm working on it right now and plan to prepare the first version in a week.

I'll update the forum as soon as it'll be ready, to give all customers ability to request build before AssetStore release.

Thank you for understanding

jGate99 and helloworldgames like this.
  13. helloworldgames

helloworldgames

Please see if it can b done using Unity UI as it will open a lot of possibilities.

14. jGate99

jGate99

finally :)

15. Allebi

Allebi

It's almost there, just couple more days needed for some final fixes and refactoring.
    Main new features are:
    - Pieces grouping (freely and in any number of groups)
    - Full save for positions/rotations, groups

Quick preview:

Last edited: Apr 21, 2018
    jGate99 likes this.
  16. jGate99

jGate99

Awesome :)

17. jGate99

jGate99

Awesome :)

18. Allebi

Allebi

The update should be available on AssetStore next week.
    If you eager to get it earlier - please send me a mail with your purchase Invoice No. - so i'll be able to provide a custom build for you.
    Please note - grouping is working with regular puzzles only (like those you can generate in the Kit) - for Imported and 3D puzzles this functionality is no applicable yet.

19. jGate99

jGate99

Just saw the update on asset store. Does grouping will work on runtime generated puzzles? Thats a must.

20. Allebi

Allebi

Of course, it works on runtime-generated puzzles :)

jGate99 likes this.
  21. jGate99

jGate99

Thank you v much, i hope next update will have uGUI support for 2d puzzles as we can use a lot of plugins and shaders to get amazing outcome.

22. Allebi

Allebi

We will definitely try to bring support for Unity GUI in next update!

Unfortunately, it's been delayed for now, since UI is outside of the initial kit ideology, so it's a bit tricky to bring it without breaking anything else.

jGate99 likes this.
  23. jGate99

jGate99

no problem, will wait for that update, take your time :)

24. memoryleakpro

memoryleakpro

can the android version, upload an image from internal disk and generated it to the puzzle?

25. Allebi

Allebi

There's no such built-in functionality, but it should be quite easy to implement using WWW.LoadImageIntoTexture or Resources.Load

26. karam89

karam89

Hello, it's me Karam

I've bought your asset
    You really deserve 5 stars, great job I've some points posted in the forum I wish you answer me

- Could you please add the support of more than one Sub-element image on the same puzzle image? to have more randomness

- Regarding to "Import from layered image" mentioned in the document, could you please explain how to generate the data-file of the layers? I could export the images as layers, but how to get the data-file?

- Could you please support us with a quick video showing us how to import from layered image using a PSD file made with photoshop?

- Choose the max atlas size as 4096, columns count 20, rows count 14
    give us an atlas size of 2048 * 2048, and the puzzle pieces are too small, how to force the Kit to build us a 4096 * 4096 to have bigger pieces?

- Could you please support atlas sizes that are higher than 4096? we have a puzzle grid with 512 pieces, so 4096 is not enough, 8192 would be better

Thanks in advanced

Last edited: May 21, 2019
  27. Allebi

Allebi

Hello Karam,
    Nice to meet you and thanks for the purchase!

I'll try to give all answers there:

- Currently it's not possible to have different shapes(sub elements) simultaneously on the same element.
    Though, you can have the same image turned into any amount of puzzles with any shapes of sub-elements, but only one type per puzzle.​

- The easiest way to import new scene is to create image(like .PSD) with layers (each piece should be in separate layer) and then export it to bunch of images + data-file.
    Kit has a small GIMP script (_GIMP _ExtractAllLayers.chm) - to export layered image from free "The Gimp" (http://www.gimp.org) editor really fast and easy.
    In Unity you can generate puzzle from this data by running PuzzleImporter from Main Menu → Tools → PuzzleImporter and select text Data file.
    More info about this you can find in _Manual.pdf included to the JigsawPuzzle Kit.

- We plan to create more video tutorials soon. Meantime - please check _Manual.pdf included to the JigsawPuzzle Kit.

- System tries to generate as small atlas as possible within the settings. For example it will not generate atlas bigger than source image (it's impossible within upscale without lowers quality).
    Please chek your source image size to ensure it big enough.
    - Support for 8192 atlas sizes will be released in next update on UnityStore.
    Anyway, you can do it really quick - just replace entries of 4096 to 8192 in PuzzleImporter_Window.cs and PuzzleGenerator_Window.cs scripts.​

Hope this will help, but please don't hesitate to contact me in any reason (it's faster to write directly to allebigames@gmail.com).
    Kind regards,
    Alex

28. Allebi

Allebi

Version 3.70 Released :
    • ADDED: Ability to change puzzle position without moving decomposition areas
    • ADDED: Ability to setup(during generation) custom Material for assembled pieces
    • IMPROVED: Lighten/speedup the puzzle preparation at game Start
    • IMPROVED: Puzzle bounds calculation
    • IMPROVED: SimpleDialog paused game mode
    • IMPROVED: Hint UI behavior
    • IMPROVED: Debug messages
    • FIXED: Possible path-related issue in Import script if localDirectory == ""
    • FIXED: Issue with puzzle bounds calculation when pieces have been reordered in Hierarchy
    • OTHER: A lot of minor fixes and improvements

helloworldgames likes this.
  29. Allebi

Allebi

Version 3.93 Released :
    • ADDED: Option to align puzzle/camera with screen corners
    • ADDED: Option to set puzzle pivot(anchor) to top-left or center-middle position
    • IMPROVED: System can get background automatically if it's the first child of puzzle object
    • IMPROVED: Background adjustment. Background is the 1st child, by default now
    • FIXED: Pieces-group dragging offset
    • OTHER: Minor fixes and improvements

jGate99 likes this.
  30. karam89

karam89

I was using your asset well before,
    But there is a new error happening after updating to version 3.93

When I use the PuzzleImporter, and after setting the Data file I get the following error:

Code (CSharp):
    1. NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
    2. PuzzleImporter_Window.OnGUI () (at Assets/_JigsawPuzzle_Kit/_SystemScripts/Editor/PuzzleImporter_Window.cs:94)
    3. System.Reflection.MonoMethod.Invoke (System.Object obj, BindingFlags invokeAttr, System.Reflection.Binder binder, System.Object[] parameters, System.Globalization.CultureInfo culture) (at /Users/builduser/buildslave/mono/build/mcs/class/corlib/System.Reflection/MonoMethod.cs:222)
    4. Rethrow as TargetInvocationException: Exception has been thrown by the target of an invocation.
    5. System.Reflection.MonoMethod.Invoke (System.Object obj, BindingFlags invokeAttr, System.Reflection.Binder binder, System.Object[] parameters, System.Globalization.CultureInfo culture) (at /Users/builduser/buildslave/mono/build/mcs/class/corlib/System.Reflection/MonoMethod.cs:232)
    6. System.Reflection.MethodBase.Invoke (System.Object obj, System.Object[] parameters) (at /Users/builduser/buildslave/mono/build/mcs/class/corlib/System.Reflection/MethodBase.cs:115)
    7. UnityEditor.HostView.Invoke (System.String methodName, System.Object obj) (at C:/buildslave/unity/build/Editor/Mono/HostView.cs:342)
    8. UnityEditor.HostView.Invoke (System.String methodName) (at C:/buildslave/unity/build/Editor/Mono/HostView.cs:336)
    9. UnityEditor.HostView.OldOnGUI () (at C:/buildslave/unity/build/Editor/Mono/HostView.cs:129)
    10. UnityEngine.Experimental.UIElements.IMGUIContainer.DoOnGUI (UnityEngine.Event evt, Matrix4x4 worldTransform, Rect clippingRect, Boolean isComputingLayout) (at C:/buildslave/unity/build/Modules/UIElements/IMGUIContainer.cs:244)
    11. UnityEngine.GUIUtility:ProcessEvent(Int32, IntPtr)
    Using Unity 2018.4.9f1
    Best regards

31. Allebi

Allebi

Hello and thanks for the report!

Please try to replace strings #95 and #96 in PuzzleImporter_Window.cs
    Code (CSharp):
    1. localDirectory += localDirectory[2];
    2. localDirectory = localDirectory.Substring(localDirectory.IndexOf("Assets"));
    by these:
    Code (CSharp):
    1. localDirectory = Path.GetDirectoryName(inputFilePath);
    2. localDirectory += localDirectory[6];
    Hope this will help!

In any case, please don't hesitate to contact me via e-mail (it should be more convenient): AllebiGames@gmail.com

32. malekithkoda

malekithkoda

Is there a limit to how much pieces it could generate?

33. Allebi

Allebi

Hello,
    There’s no functional limit for max pieces amount.
    Although usability still may depend on resolution of your source image and target hardware.

Please note - in generation utility there’s kind of a soft limitation made for user convenience 35x35 (1225 pieces), but it can be easily overridden.

Hope this will help and please don’t hesitate to contact me in any case.