Search Unity

[Released][iOS] SR

Discussion in 'Made With Unity' started by SentG, Dec 9, 2014.

1. SentG

SentG

/SR\

To be updated.

Last edited: Nov 18, 2015
  2. Fluzing

Fluzing

Do you have a video of the game play?

joni-giuro likes this.
  3. joni-giuro

joni-giuro

Looks Cool, Downloaded!

Review:
    When I first opened the game I had about 5 seconds of white screen which scared me a bit. I thought it wouldn't run on iOs 7 or iPhone 5s, but after that I got to the main menu. IMHO, the menu is this game's weak point. Once I select a level and get to the "Chose multiplier" screen I can't go back to the level select, I have to play the level, even if I tapped by mistake. I played the first level-block (5 levels) of the campaign yet I cannot unlock the second block so I need to play the first levels over and over again to gain enough to unlock those. I know I can buy more coins but I just gave you 2 swiss francs for the game, I don't want to give you another 15 straight away to unlock the next 10 seconds of game.
    In the free play section we have the opposite problem. I was able to play levels that can't be completed with the only car I have because it's not powerful enough to clear the first jump.
    Now for the good:
    Gameplay is fun and the art style is really nice. I love the particles that show up when you hit those "hit me" signs.

Cheers!

4. SentG

SentG

@Fluzing, I'm currently testing the game with Everyplay, should be available in next update. Here's the page: https://everyplay.com/shakedown-racing/videos

@joni.giuro, sincerely thanks for your download and review! You're the people that make it possible to further polish and balance the game and continue forward.

Thank you for your UX suggestions. I'll make a small reference app/manual with hints and tips on how to progress faster and enjoy the game. In addition, in this version in particular there's a loop for quickly making a lot of money so you can have a lot of cars unlocked easily (how can I send you PM). :) Update is coming. The single events section is intended to be difficult for slow cars. Cheers and thank you once again!

Last edited: Dec 10, 2014
  5. joni-giuro

joni-giuro

I'm glad you found my comment helpful. I played it a bit more and I gotta say I really like the gameplay itself, I keep getting back to it whenever I have a couple of free minutes.

6. Austin2039

Austin2039

When I open the app it shows a white screen and then kicks me off the app back to my home screen on my iPad and iPhone

7. SentG

SentG

Hi, can you please tell what iPhone and iPad are you using, what iOS version, is your device jailbroken, is your wifi on on game launch, are any other apps open?

Game is tested on iPhone 5 and above and iPad 4 and above with iOS 8 and this has never occurred.

If the game crashes during the gameplay its something from the game, but if crashes on white screen, which is the case here, I'm pretty sure its something general (Unity, Xcode, specific device, etc). I got those rare reports on the other games too and apparently it's something general. Again, I would be very grateful if you give as much possible detail about your device, ios version, specific settings?

Thank you a lot in advance!

Last edited: Dec 19, 2014
  8. Austin2039

Austin2039

iPad mini 2 with iOS 7, iPhone 4s with iOS 8.2. neither are jail broken, are on wifi and no other apps are open.

9. SentG

SentG

Thank you. The lowest target for game is iPhone5.
    I cannot reproduce this on iPad mini 2. In terms of launch crash, Apple tests that thoroughly and me too, but I'm still interested to find it out.

10. SentG

SentG

edit.

Last edited: Nov 18, 2015
  11. shopguy

shopguy

@SentG you probably already know, but for iOS crashes you should be able to get a lot of info by downloading the crash reports and viewing in XCode... I've only done it once, and with an older version of XCode (luckily my apps haven't crashed much), but I remember being really impressed with how detailed the crash reports are, probably something to look in to, if you haven't already. My experience wasn't a Unity app, but hopefully nothing special about Unity that makes the process harder (other than can't debug Unity code of course).

12. SentG

SentG

@shopguy, many thanks for the tip, really appreciated and will have in mind. However, in this case I cannot reproduce a single crash. The app has never crashed on me, including on startup, so the log does not help me. That's why I'm interested if the new update hopefully fixes this with whom had this issue, as most of the plugins have been updated and the game optimized. Cheers!

13. shopguy

shopguy

@SentG that's the great part about iOS, you don't have to recreate the crashes in order to view the crash reports.

1. Log in to iTunes connect

2. Click on "My Apps"

3. Click your app

4. Scroll to the very bottom of the "Versions" tab

5. Click the "Crash Reports" link

I don't have any apps with crash reports currently, so I can't tell you what the rest of the process looks like.. but it should have a list of crash reports, and a "download crash report" option next to each one. You can then view those in XCode and get a lot of info about the crash, where it occurs, the stack trace, etc.

I do think that requires a user to click the "send report" option when your app crashes though... not real sure, since it has been over a year since I did all of this.

http://www.tuaw.com/2009/05/02/itunes-connect-now-lets-developers-see-crash-reports/ -- is pretty old, but should look something like the screenshot at the top of that article.

14. SentG

SentG

@shopguy yup I saw it, no reports. Maybe the users have to be connected to the internet, I'll keep an eye on it. Thank you!