Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

[Released] IOS Native Unity3D Plugin

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by stanislav-osipov, Apr 22, 2013.

1. DanjelRicci

DanjelRicci

My Xcode projects already includes all the required frameworks, in fact I get that error almost every time I do "Build and Run" from Unity.
    Looks like I left my previous message uncompleted though; when the error appears, the script that post-processes the Xcode Plist file adds an extra </string> tag after the <key>UISupportedInterfaceOrientations</key> tag in the Plist file itself, causing it to be unreadable by Xcode. Luckily it's really easy to fix by hand.

2. atmuc

atmuc

Hi lacost,

can you check your asset for windows phone 8 building? i know your asset for ios, but when making a multiplatform game it is not nice to delete add files to project.

i noticed just 1 line cause problem. if you add UNITY_IPHONE platform define there it would easier for me to get updates and build again. thanks.

MultiplayerManagerExample.cs

string str = enc.GetString(package.buffer);

3. devean purohit

devean purohit

anybody can tell what store kit not initialized error is???? inapt purchase problem

4. Ciprian

Ciprian

Any news for when an updated version will be made available? Maybe including some of the changes discussed here?

Do you also have some kind of roadmap to share?

Thanks

5. alvaris924

alvaris924

Hi, Xcode keeps telling this message, "SendMessage: object IOSPopUp not found!", what does that possibly mean?

Also, is there any way we can confirm the user has rated the app before, so we don't need to pop up the RateUs menu again?

Looking forward to your kind response, sincerely thanks! :)

6. vicegold

vicegold

What's the changelog for 3.0?

Edit: Ah i see:

Was hoping for PlayMaker support, but maybe in the next version :)

7. Afroman

Afroman

Hi lacost,

Thanks for accepting my request for launching an iTunes app page from within the app itself.
    Did you by any chance add it to the latest version? Couldn't fund it in the documentation.

Thanks!

8. stanislav-osipov

stanislav-osipov

Hey Afroman, it will come wit the next version with PlayMaker and few other features.

9. matrix211v1

matrix211v1

Hello!

I have a button on my iOS App that I call "GameCenterManager.init();" and I am running the latest Version 3.0 of the iOS Native plugin.

The first time this works correctly. But the next times I call it, the subscribed event (in your example OAuth()) does not get fired.

Basically I have an application that after each time you play, you "can if you want" post your high score.

I would like to know if I can check the "state" if they are already Authed or not OR how I can call the GameCenterManager.init(); again with the Events firing.

What could I be doing incorrect?

Thanks!

10. Mi_Gr

Mi_Gr

Hello,

big helper!! I like this asset ... But there are many many typos, please fix it!

One big typo and bug is in "InAppPurchaseManager.mm", Line 96: "onStoreDataRecived" is not the same like the one in "InAppPurchaseManager.cs", so there is no StoreKit-Init possible! Take the same function name and you will have no grief! :)

Last edited: Apr 7, 2014
  11. Anicus

Anicus

$Screen Shot 2557-04-08 at 17.57.07.png
    Hi friend.
    After I follow the setup guide step by step and I try to build game to xcode. I found 4 error warning about in App purchase. What dose it's mean?
    ps. I'm already created and add InAppPurchase item to my App in itunes Connects and after that I change the code in your plugin follow your direction.

Last edited: Apr 8, 2014
  12. Anicus

Anicus

Ok, I fixed this problem by manual import StoreKit Frame Work. Why plugin is not import it in automatically like other IAP plugin? It's has somthing wrong in my case?
    ps. I'm use Unity4.3.4 and Xcode 5.1

13. atmuc

atmuc

Hi lacost,

did you miss this? :)

14. dpkonofa

dpkonofa

Yeah... this is a huge issue with the latest update. Spelling mistakes all over the place make the current plugin unusable, especially if upgrading from a previous version. This needs to be fixed ASAP or in-app purchasing it totally broken.

15. Weerapan

Weerapan

Lacost,

Thanks for these great plugins.

I'm currently using both iOS and Android Native plugins in my game.

For iOSNative, looks like GameCenterManager.ShowAchievements() doesn't works properly on iPhone 4 w/ iOS 6, is this a known issue? Or is this plugin support only iOS7?

Thanks,
    Nox

16. stanislav-osipov

stanislav-osipov

Yep, you should actually make some set up as describe here:
    https://docs.google.com/document/d/...Q24UQKos3x0P3BQjc/edit#heading=h.k02y0jmoedxn

I am thinking about automatization, but it's really hard to find the stable solution. Everybody has different languages, Unity versions. etc. But I am on it

Yep, sorry about this. Will be fixed in next update.

The new version is already submitted and should be available on AssetStore in few days!

17. zombie_psy

zombie_psy

deleting this bug entry, same as Anicus.

Last edited: Apr 12, 2014
  18. zombie_psy

zombie_psy

Nevermind, I'll just wait for the new update, hope Unity hurries this up :)

Last edited: Apr 11, 2014
  19. stanislav-osipov

stanislav-osipov

Sure.
    Guys if anybody needs fresh version before it got update on Assets Store, Feel Free to drop e-mail at stans.assets@gmail.com

P.S. It will have PlayMaker actions :)

20. doggan

doggan

Hello. I just purchased the iOS Native Plugin. Following the documentation, I got it up and running very easily! Thank you for the great asset!

There were a few questions that came up while I was working with the plugin, so I will ask them here:

1). Is there any way to tell which version of the plugin we are using? At the very least, it would be nice to have a readme or version file with the # of the version we are currently using. The version on the Asset Store says 3.0, but I have no idea just looking at my project which version of the plugin I am using. This would be very helpful, especially for managing multiple projects where some projects may be using different versions of the plugin (for example, NGUI contains a readme file with the version number in the filename: ReadMe - 3.5.7). Of course I can add it myself, but it would be nice to have it by default. :)

2). For setting the Apple Id, do we have to edit the string (APPLE_ID) in IOSNative.cs directly? It would be nice to be able to set this from my application so that I don't have to change the plugin code. This makes it easier for upgrading. A function like IOSNative.instance.SetAppleId (string id) would be nice.

3). Following the plugin documentation, we need to add a few frameworks to the Xcode project (StoreKit.framework, Accounts.framework, Social.framework). I have an app that is ONLY using the native dialog functionality of iOS Native Plugin. Does adding these frameworks affect the build size or any other characteristic of my app? Is there any way to only add dependencies for the functionality that I am using in my app, or do I always need to add these 3 frameworks?

Thanks for your time.

21. atmuc

atmuc

Hi lacost,

i added admob to my game for android build with the help of your native addon. i know there is another sdk from google for ios. have you implemented it? i mean have you released any add on to use admob on ios?

22. KaDawg

KaDawg

Hello, I'm learning your plugin now. I'm thinking that I only need to use your native Twitter support and nothing else in my game. Do people do that?
    How can I bring in only the necessary files for Tweeting? I'm thinking of avoiding and leaving out all other code as an optimization for space/performance of course.
    Thanks for this amazing work!

23. stanislav-osipov

stanislav-osipov

Hello guys. Thanks for your support once again.

doggan,

I Just added GUI for new plugin version (3.1) it will always show your current version and will help you yo manage setting more easily

In the new version you will be able to to that via new Editor GUI.

All those 3 frameworks required for plugin functionality.
    I sure you shouldn't worry about build size, it just few more scripts.
    But of course you can cut plugin features, plugin component do not have hard deepness. However I would not recommend to do this, and can not give straight forward instruction what you need to cut out. I am developing plugin as one project.

atmuc ,

https://www.assetstore.unity3d.com/#/content/14835
    This package work in IOS and Android. Besides you need to write your ad implementation only once. Plugin will handle it on both platforms.

KaDawg,
    Well you can delete everything except SocialGate m and h file and IOSSocialManager.cs class. But As I sad before I would not recommend cut the feature out.

Cheers!

24. atmuc

atmuc

please confirm that; i will remove few lines of code i wrote to use admob with your native android plugin and i will buy and use plugin above and write another few lines of code?

do you plan to add admob support for windows phone 8 to that plugin?

25. faunaface

faunaface

Do you need a Unity Pro license for this? Or can I just have the Unity Free and still use this?

26. stanislav-osipov

stanislav-osipov

Hey, atmuc
    You will change change class. For Android Native, you using AndroidGoogleMobileAd, when you will by Google Ads SDK package you will simply change this class to GoogleMobileAd ant everything will work on both platforms.

Yep, working on it

Hey, faunaface
    Unity Pro is not required, you will be good with Unity Free.

27. mayorc1978

mayorc1978

Hi man, which firmwares does this Unity Package support ?
    Is the support level Hierachical, I mean, does it support iOS5.1+ with increased features for later iOS firmware, or has a minimum version requirement and all the features are for all the versions (no firmware specific features) ?

28. Abomb

Abomb

Would it be possible to add the SKStoreProductViewController api to your iOS Native plugin?
    We already use your plugin for achievements and cloud but we really miss that api.

29. keburanuil

keburanuil

Hello,

If anyone wants to change iAd ads to another ad network whenever there is no iAd ads available in the users country, you should request intersitial and use the INTERSTITIAL_DID_FAIL_WITH_ERROR -event. FAIL_TO_RECEIVE_AD doesn't work.

30. masterchafe

masterchafe

This is happening to me too. I don't have Stan's iOSNative package yet, but I do have Stan's AndroidNative package. I have to manually edit the extra "</string>" from Line 45, Position 8 in the info.plist file everytime I hit Build&Run. I think it started after I added the facebook appId for my app? I'm not sure, but it is a pain.

31. stanislav-osipov

stanislav-osipov

Hello.
    mayorc1978

I can not guarantee that it will work under IOS5. I have stared development under IOS6 and now I use IOS7 for testing.

Abomb
    Could you please describe what exactly you want to see in the next version and how you going to use it.

keburanuil

That is pretty common error. Interstitial event (like INTERSTITIAL_DID_FAIL_WITH_ERROR) should be added to the iAdBannerController. Banner events (like FAIL_TO_RECEIVE_AD) should be aded to the iAdBanner instance.

masterchafe
    Facebook Api can be actually deleted if you not using it.
    Unfortunately not much I can do here. I can not affect Unity building player process and I do not use any postproses build scripts in my plugin with ca cause issues (But to be fear Unity Official Facebook SDK does)

I can only give pice of advice here. I do not actually use Unity Build and run (IOS) or Append fatures.
    I always have 2 projects
    1 - My Xcode project
    2 - Xcode project with was generated by Unity

I use Replace option all the time and when 2-nd project is replaced and builded. All you have to do is to move Library and Data folders to the 1-st project. It can be done manually or via simple bash post process script.

32. Abomb

Abomb

The method "loadProductWithParameters" of the class "SKStoreProductViewController" allows to show the store page of another itunes product. So basically I would like to be able to call that function with an iTunes identifier of another app for example and then it will open the itunes shop page for that app where the user could purchase it. From the documentation it looks like the user can then go back to the original app.
    Here is a link to the documentation for that class/functionallity

33. vicegold

vicegold

I can't build after adding GameCenter via PlayMaker:

$5y7eI.png

Is it me, or something with the plugin?

Also when will we get more PlayMaker actions? Right now it seems there is only GameCenter, iAP and some PopUps, but what about iADs, iCloud, Facebook and Twitter? :)

34. philfocus

philfocus

looks more like missing frameworks there? from the docs:

Set Up in XCode

You should include following frameworks to your IOS project
    StoreKit.framework
    Accounts.framework
    Social.framework

35. mheyman89

mheyman89

Is there anyway to get the IAd ads to slide in and out of screen instead of just appear and disappear?

Last edited: Apr 24, 2014
  36. stanislav-osipov

stanislav-osipov

Thanks for heads up.

Hey vicegold the philfocus answer is absolutely coronet.

Will treat it as feature request.

37. XCO

XCO

DUDE!!! You added PlayMaker Support!! :D

Thank You Bro, I think you know how much this means to me. I can't wait to try it out!! Ty Ty Ty!!

38. XCO

XCO

While I am here may I ask a question ?

The new Video Ads in IADS seem to mute my game after I close them, Is there something I should do to fix this ?

39. stanislav-osipov

stanislav-osipov

I am new to PlayMaker but I am on the way. I really appreciate any feedback about PlayMaker iteration in this thread.
    http://forum.unity3d.com/threads/243032-IOS-Native-PlayMaker-Action

I am do nothing with sound in the plugin code.
    But it seems like pretty big issue. I will try to reproduce this on my device and provide fix or work around.
    Cheers!

40. XCO

XCO

41. fabiobh

fabiobh

The iOS Native plugin can show Admob Interstitial ads?

42. 41395

is there a post to instagram option in IOS native?

43. Frosting

Frosting

Yes, he can.

44. Frosting

Frosting

Nope.

45. ToanHo

ToanHo

How to ignore restore purchase of some product item instead of restore all item in iOS Native Plugin??

46. stanislav-osipov

stanislav-osipov

Hello.
    Nope, but, this plugin does:
    https://www.assetstore.unity3d.com/#/content/15066

No only iAd, you can use this plugin for AdMob
    https://www.assetstore.unity3d.com/#/content/14835

I am not sure what do you mean. when you restoring purchases you will get OnProcutBought event for every purchased product. Even will contain product info as always, you can ignore it there by id.

47. kulesz

kulesz

It's a very good plugin, however I've got one issue.
    When I try to show rate popup it takes me directly to the AppStore (to the application page). I need to close the store, get back to my game and then popup with 3 options appear. Shouldn't it come up first?

48. stanislav-osipov

stanislav-osipov

Yep, that is know issue, Already fixed and Pending Review on Asset Store.
    Cheers!

49. Abomb

Abomb

I wast wanted to ask if you plan on implementing the SKStoreProductViewController and if so when could be a potential release date?

50. atmuc

atmuc

hi lacost,

how can i get installed version info from your assets? if you did not add yet, can you add a readme file that contains version info to your packages?