Search Unity

[UPDATED] ICECreatureControl v1.4.0 - creature AI for enemies, animals, monsters, zombies ...

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by icetec, Aug 11, 2015.

1. radiantboy

radiantboy

I cant seem to find " limited selection range" anywhere, where is it?

Edit: Ooops found it, and it works, awesome, now I just need to figure out receiving damage :) thanks

Last edited: Jan 17, 2016
  2. icetec

icetec

Please wait some more days so you can work directly with 1.1 ... if you want I can send you already a pre-release to test it ...

arnesso likes this.
  3. Dazz2000

Dazz2000

possible bug with the player in 1.1 if when using UFPS the FPS camera gets nuked when the UFPS Player is auto placed in the player folder

i found that it all works again when the player is moved from the player folder back into the root directory...

4. Dazz2000

Dazz2000

how to fix this line in the UFPS adapter and PUN CreatureRegister.Register(gameObject);

5. icetec

icetec

Hi Dazz,
    I'll update all adapters for the release ... but this should fixed your issue ...

Code (CSharp):
    2.        void Start () {
    3.             if( ICECreatureRegister.Instance != null )
    4.                 ICECreatureRegister.Instance.Register( gameObject );
    5.         }
    7.         void OnDestroy() {
    8.             if( ICECreatureRegister.Instance != null )
    9.                 ICECreatureRegister.Instance.Deregister( gameObject );
    10.         }

julianr likes this.
  6. Dazz2000

Dazz2000

thank you pit this fixed it ...

FYI: i needed to make adjustments to the earth bound troll in the demo so it would work correctly and attack the UFPS player .. basically you just need to retarget the player ... also the Creature register is not Picking up on the UFPS Player

7. Dazz2000

Dazz2000

Pit Again FYI: i was able to get the troll to wander the entire terrain .. by using multiple Home's and using the TAG when the troll walked in leisure mode he would stumble over other homes which ever home was closest became his new destination... its not perfect but it works great !... giving the appearance of true Wandering

icetec likes this.
  8. Teila

Teila

LOL That is funny and cool! People need to learn to lock their doors to keep out that pesky troll. :)

Tethys and icetec like this.
  9. arnesso

arnesso

I feel the update realeasing is so close :)
    Well, I started thinking about, would it be possible with this asset to create climbable objects ( tree, rocks) for NPC ,like a monkey, trieb warrior . With a special tagged collider ( similiar to UFPS ladder climbing stuff )
    What do you think ? ( I am sure I will try out with new 1.1 update )
    Cheers ;)

icetec likes this.
  10. icetec

icetec

11. Teila

Teila

This is fabulous! :) I noticed the list of animations only allow for specific animations. What if I wanted more than one idle animation? Is this possible?

12. Dazz2000

Dazz2000

can add as many as you like of any type ... the wizard is just to get you going ....

Teila likes this.
  13. Dazz2000

Dazz2000

pit is it possible to skype quickly with you .. i have a question for you i can't seem to solve it

14. julianr

julianr

Looking forward to using 1.1 when its out. :)

15. Teila

Teila

Looking forward to the update!! We have it working in a test scene but I will move it to our actual terrain. :)

16. Dazz2000

Dazz2000

hello pit is there anything you can do to help us stop the sliding when using the navmesh agent with a fast moving AI ( speed above 6) ... i can not get the AI to stop at the set Distances once the Navemesh agents speed goes above 6 the ai slides right past the stop distance and runs into my player

i also can't work out how to OFFSet the damage distance of an Attack so it looks correct in the UFPS camera ... for example when i use a Large Animal it has to be Sitting ontop of my UFPS Player to inflict any damage and that looks terrible when viewed in the FPS camera as it looks like my creature has no head ...( of course it looks fine in 3rd person ) but its no good in first person

so how can i set the animal to cause damage to my ups player while not actually Touching him

BTW tomorrow is fine for Skype

17. icetec

icetec

Hi Dazz, please increase the acceleration of the NavMeshAgent (e.g. to 80 or something like that) ... this should fix the sliding issue.

This issue is a little bit trickier, to fix this I have to modify the UFPS adapter, so that the adapter automatically detect which cam is active and can adapt the damage distance. But maybe there is also another way … let’s skype tomorrow again …

Have a good night!

Pit

18. Dazz2000

Dazz2000

19. Karmate

Karmate

hey, this asset looks really perfect. but there is a problem, there is not enough video tutorials and the manual is really complex for people like me that is not good at english.

I have 3 questions before buy:
    1- One wolf, one stag. how will wolf attack and damage to stag? Should i code it myself or this asset handle it ?
    2- How will ai characters attack to my tps character and damage to me ?
    3- Do you have a solution like lod group, to disable too far ai characters for better performance ?

Thanks in advance.

Tethys likes this.
  20. icetec

icetec

Hi Karmate,
    you are absolutely right, that’s an important topic on my ToDo list. I’ll provide more video tutorials as soon as 1.1 and the adapter scripts are online. But for now I hope my answers will be helpful to you …

1. Basically the behaviour of your creatures is target driven and for that reason each creature can have multiple targets in which one of them will be active and in the focus of your creature e.g. your wolf will be a target for the stag and the stag also for the wolf, so both creatures can interact and/or cooperate together according the defined rules, in which the final behaviour is completely up to you and your desired scenario … the stag could flee but also attack the wolf – interactions are completely open. ICECreatureControl allows you to define all targets, the target selection criteria and the associated behaviours etc. without scripting one single line of custom code, you will find all required settings in the inspector panel of ICECreatureControl.

2. You can embedding your player or any other object by using one of the adapter scripts, such as the ICECreatureResident script (v1.0) or the ICECraturePlayer script (v1.1) . These scripts enable your creatures to detect other object during the runtime. In each case such an object can affect your creature (damage etc.) but not the other way around (for this ICE needs to know the damage handler class of your player) but ICE comes with free adapter scripts for UFPS, RFPSP etc. which will handle the interaction between these player and your creature out of the box.

http://www.ice-technologies.de/unity/ICECreatureControl/ICECreatureUFPSAdapterDemo.html

3. You can use LOD Groups for your creatures, in this case yours creatures will be invisible but still active but you can also use scene streaming and also procedural terrains to load/unload your creatures as desired …

I hope my answer will be helpful to you and I will try to provide more video tutorials asap.
    Have a nice day!

Pit

BackwoodsGaming, Tethys and Karmate like this.
  21. PhosphorUnity

PhosphorUnity

I can't get the UFPS demo to work like the webdemo

fresh project in Unity 5.3

1. add UFPS
    2. add ICE
    3. add ICE UFPS adapter http://www.icecreaturecontrol.com/icecreatureufpsadapter-ultimate-fps/
    4. add ICE UFPS demo scene http://www.icecreaturecontrol.com/icecreatureufpsadapter-ultimate-fps/

It does not work like the webdemo:
    • Troll does not see me until I shoot him. I can walk in-front and he ignores me. Once I shoot at him, he sees me.
    • When troll attacks me , he doesn't damage me, I get bumped above him and stand on his head

Last edited: Feb 1, 2016
  22. BuckeyeStudios

BuckeyeStudios

I would love to be a. Beta tester i tried to sign up on the websit never heard back.. and i have bought this asset already

23. Jacky_Boy

Jacky_Boy

Can I have my creature spawn a prefab when they die? Like meat or gold?

24. monte_carlo

monte_carlo

Hi All,
    Don't know if this is the right place to ask for assistance,
    I have been playing around with ICC for a couple of days now and running into the same problem over and over, I have followed the tutorials I could find and cant see where I'm going wrong, I can basically get my npc to move and even perform an action on arrival but there is no pathfinding at all, so the npc just walks away in a straight line from what ever direction it was facing, if you put the desired object directly in front, it momentarily identifies it and performs the action then just keeps walking. This is driving me bonkers :) any help greatly appreciated.
    Thanks

Tethys likes this.
  25. icetec

icetec

Hi Monte Carlo,
    this forum is absolutely the right place to ask for assistance, so I’m sorry for my late response.

In addition to the forward speed your creature also need an angular velocity value which is larger than zero, otherwise it will move in a straight line, because it can’t change its direction. Please just adjust the angular velocity in the movement settings of your behaviour rules, so that your creature can turn around – this should fixed your issue. And sorry again for my late response.

Have a nice day!

Pit

26. icetec

icetec

that’s already done in v1.1 … your dead creature can spawn a corpse which you can use for your loot …

27. icetec

icetec

Dear customers, I would like to announce a new feature which comes with the update. ICECreatureControl v1.1 provides your creatures now to equip itself during the runtime. Your creature can find and collect items automatically, can store such an item in its inventory or mount it on a visible slot and use it for its activities, also it can distribute and deliver items to any target in your scene, so your creature could open a pizza service or till a field. The following deathmatch demo shows how to use the new inventory features to collect and use items, such as the sword or the shield. I hope you will enjoy it!

http://www.icecreaturecontrol.com/files/webplayer/ICECreatureControlDeathmatchTutorial.html

Many thanks to BÜMSTRÜM for his brilliant animated knight character
    https://www.assetstore.unity3d.com/en/#!/content/48768

Have a nice day!
    Pit

montyfi, Teila, Tethys and 2 others like this.
  28. Mister-D

Mister-D

haha this made my day!

Teila, icetec and Adrad like this.
  29. jonfinlay

jonfinlay

Hey Pit, when you get a minute (can be after the update is released) could you please make an adapter for this package: https://www.assetstore.unity3d.com/en/#!/content/7515? It was just on sale, so I imagine quite a few people bought it.

I got it specifically so it would display a bar under the animal which would show stats such as its health. It has an enclosed script which automatically attaches the bar to the creature, so that part is done. Additionally, one which shows the temperature as well, although I noticed in the beta version the temperature has not been included in the Environment Controller. Thanks

Last edited: Feb 7, 2016
    montyfi and Hormic like this.
  30. monte_carlo

monte_carlo

Thanks Pit, no apology needed, I knew it was something straightforward I missed, Thanks, That fixed it for me...

31. jonfinlay

jonfinlay

I was playing with the new sideways movement function and it works great. Initially I didn't understand why they always walked from right to left, then I realised you have to add a second rule using a minus value to get them to walk in the other direction. Also, the Avoid Water function doesn't seem to work even when I set the sea to Water layer.

Here are some screenshots if you still need them for your manual:

screen_2560x1270_2016-02-07_19-10-08.jpg screen_2560x1270_2016-02-07_21-37-10.jpg screen_2560x1270_2016-02-07_21-45-43.jpg screen_2560x1270_2016-02-07_21-58-02.jpg screen_2560x1270_2016-02-07_21-59-58.jpg

Last edited: Feb 8, 2016
    BackwoodsGaming likes this.
  32. arnesso

arnesso

Hi,

I just would ask about NPC "shooting" function will be available in the future ?
    Some animals can make range attack. Can we solve this the current version of the package somehow or could I combine with other asset which is compatible with ICE ( e.g Paragon ?)
    I would be glad for any idea.
    Thank you
    Cheers :)

33. jonfinlay

jonfinlay

I was thinking about that, and I think it's possible with the upcoming version. When somebody started shooting, you could get him to inflict damage between a random time (such as between 5 and 10 seconds) because there is an option to affect the target's stats, such as health. In the case of a sniping simulator, you could get him to kill you within one second, as soon as he fired. So you would need to snipe him before he got into range, or when he's not looking (using the FOV which works great). The question would be if it were possible with UFPS, but I think it would be with the adapter.

icetec and arnesso like this.
  34. arnesso

arnesso

I tried to combine with Advanced AI pro 7.2 , but IT DID NOT WORK :( I was so naive

35. icetec

icetec

Hi arnesso
    don’t worry … I’ll provide much more adapter scripts and Advanced AI is already listed...

arnesso likes this.
  36. icetec

icetec

Dear customers,

it’s done – ICECreatureControl v1.1 is submitted to the asset store and should be online in some days. You will see that there are dozens of improved and new features, but also some structural changes, so I would like to recommend you to install the new version at first in an empty project to learn and understand the changes before importing the package into your existing projects. Also you should remove the old ICE folder from your project before installing the new version, just to make sure that obsolete files will not been mixed with the new sources.

Also I would like to mention that I’m sorry for my delayed response within the last weeks. I really would like to work exclusive for this project as I did it in the beginning but this unfortunately not possible but I try my best to answer all your questions as soon as possible. At this point I would like to thank all the community members who support me with their ideas and suggestions, but also for their support here in the forum. Many thanks for that!

At last I want to inform all potential customers that now is the last chance to purchase the 1mb sources of ICECreatureControl for 25$. I’m sorry for that but I have to increase the price to a more realistic value to have some day the chance to work exclusive again for this project. Thank you for your understanding.

But now I’m starting directly with some more demo scenes, further adapter scripts and of course with version 1.2 - some code fragments are already contained in v1.1 but I have so much more ideas which I would like to share with you all!

Have a nice day!

Sincerely yours, Pit

spesimen, julianr, montyfi and 5 others like this.
  37. jonfinlay

jonfinlay

Excellent Pit, congratulations!

38. guidoponzini

guidoponzini

Sorry for the noob question, still not reharsaled for now (just bought and download it), but a little question to start in the right way:

I have a main character (FPS that I will do with UFPS probably)... Many enemies (a sort of flying objects) must spawn and go directly against the character... If he will not shot them down, they will hit him exploding... It's a sort of zombie classical stuff but with objects that fly... I have also a model where the main character can fall inside through a little hole, and I would like that these creatures can catch him going down the hole...

Which is the best way to proceed?

39. Alex3333

Alex3333

Hooray! At last ! I waited , and just in time !!! Soon I will write about the video game. How glad I am that will update this wonderful Asset . ShLavny question - Support UFPS Multieplayer will be in the new version ?

jonfinlay likes this.
  40. montyfi

montyfi

@icetec, After watching tons of videos etc. I finally bought it. Unfortunately I'm having several problems with it straight from the start.
    First problem, just after importing the asset, it looks like you replacing standard first person controller with your own modifications?

Assets/Standard Assets/Characters/FirstPersonCharacter/Scripts/FirstPersonController.cs(3,18): error CS0234: The type or namespace name `Objects' does not exist in the namespace `ICE.Shared'. Are you missing an assembly reference?

Fixed it, but now I'm trying to add ICE Creature Control to the mouse inside a house.
    Now the real problems:

1. Tried bare-bone setup as your manual said. No collider, no navmesh controller. Mouse flying in the air one meter over floor. Adding navmesh helped to ground it, but I don't always want to use navmesh.

2. Creature seems to always be in deadlock. Spend half an our trying to understand why it is not moving, until checked Handle Deadlock checkbox.

3. Moving on navmesh stairs always rotate creature sideways, so it uses stairs strafing.

4. When target position is outside of navmesh creature is often stuck and shaking trying to move forward. I would prefer to use idle animation at that point.

I really hope these issues addressed in v1.1 or maybe I'm using it wrong. Your tool seems to be very powerful, when comparing with others, but making it work at the beginning is quite frustrating. I'll try to spend more time to understand what is going on.

41. icetec

icetec

Hi montyfi,
    all your mentioned issues are known and could be fixed with the correct settings but apart from that you should start directly with the new version – I’ll send you the link via pm!

In addition here some rules which will be also helpful for v1.1 …

If you are using the Navigation Mesh, please deactivate “Auto Traverse Off-Mesh Links”. Off-Mesh Links are currently not supported, because until now I didn’t have a usable idea how implement it in a good way which works automatically for each potential situation.

If you are working with dynamic waypoints (e.g. Random Positioning Range) please make sure that all potential positions within this range will be reachable for your creature. If a path is blocked by obstacles or in cases the target position is outside of your navigation mesh your creature can’t reach such a target and will run into a deadlock. In v1.1 you can avoid obstacles by activate the internal obstacle avoidance but if a random target position was generated inside an object and the given stopping distance is smaller than the collider you will have this problem again. In such cases you could increase the stopping distance so that your creature can fulfil its move. If you are using a navigation mesh and a random generated target position is outside the mesh and your creature runs into a deadlock you could solve this issue by updating the target position (see also deadlock settings – btw. here you can define also the desired idle behaviour while your creature is deadlocked). But apart from all that, the best way is to make sure that all potential positions will be reachable for your creature. For this you should activate the gizmos to get a picture of all defined positions and ranges.

I hope this will be helpful to you and as above-mentioned I’ll send you the update link for v1.1

Btw. if someone else want to use v1.1 please just send me your order number and I’ll send you the update link … but as already mentioned. ICECreatureControl is already submitted to Unity and will be available in asset store in some days.

Have a nice day!

Pit

montyfi likes this.
  42. guidoponzini

guidoponzini

Which is the email address?

Could you please give a tips about my latest topic? :)

Thank you so much, I will send you email with order number for 1.1 version...

43. julianr

julianr

I'd like to use a ragdoll instead of a death animation on some of my AI creatures, does 1.1 support this out of the box, or is there an easy way to put some code in the right place to achieve this?

44. icetec

icetec

Yeap, it's part of the status options. You clould add the ICECreatureItem script to your corpse and fill its inventory with meat so other creatures or your player can eat or loot your corpse ...

julianr likes this.
  45. icetec

icetec

Hi Guido, I have already send you a pm with all requested information ... I hope you will enjoy the work with ICECreatureControl 1.1 and please feel free to contact me if you have any questions.

Have a nice day!

Pit

46. icetec

icetec

julianr and jonfinlay like this.
  47. jonfinlay

jonfinlay

Absolutely fantastic this feature, I can imagine it could be used so that dogs collect bones, birds collect twigs, etc.

48. julianr

julianr

Excellent! Thanks Pit.

49. Tiny-Tree

Tiny-Tree

i havent purchased yet but im interested, how would ICE work with spawned player? can we add player to the manager that cache npcs?

is it possible to manage spawn in sectors? for example player enter area A we spawn all enemies inside, then player exit A we despawn/destroy it ?

i would love more video or webgl builds, all the webplayers does not work because of unity mismatching versions

50. julianr

julianr

This system is great. Lots of flexibility, took me a couple of hours to get used to how it works (I didn't read the documentation as the built in help was enough to understand what everything does, but always handy to have a reference if you get stuck!). It works very well - I'll add a review once I have everything done. Congrats Pit on making a great product! The key is to ensure you have priority levels set for player interactions (if you need them), that work with the Behaviors/Animation states.

Tested on 1.1

jonfinlay likes this.