Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

Assets [RELEASED] HQ Residential House

Discussion in 'Works In Progress - Archive' started by NOT_Lonely, Sep 30, 2015.

?

Do you expect this asset?

Poll closed Nov 13, 2015.
  1. Yes :)

11 vote(s)
    78.6%
  2. No :(

3 vote(s)
    21.4%
  1. NOT_Lonely

NOT_Lonely

Ah, thank you man!

2. NOT_Lonely

NOT_Lonely

Hey guys!
    The update has been submitted for review. So it will be available in about 8-10 days, I think.

Submitted_v2.jpg

Johns_Art, inte17 and Sphelps like this.
  3. kevinhos

kevinhos

I got the update today, just downloading it now :)

4. NOT_Lonely

NOT_Lonely

Hi guys!
    I'm so happy to tell you that HQ Residential House v2 is already available on Asset Store! This update includes many new objects and features, here are main features:
    - over 200 unique objects;
    - customizable exterior, interior and furniture;
    - 4 demo scenes with lighting already set up: Day-baked, Day-realtime, Night-baked, Night-realtime;
    - BONUS: Modular Interiors system;
    It was a great challenge for me to bring it to release, I hope you will like it!

PromoImage_00008.jpg
    PromoImage_00000.jpg
    PromoImage_00003.jpg
    PromoImage_00004.jpg
    PromoImage_00001.jpg

►Asset Store: http://u3d.as/kL3

JamesArndt and rrahim like this.
  5. Weird-Beard-Guy

Weird-Beard-Guy

How could I miss this one? Very clean, great designed, easy to use assets! good job mate

6. NOT_Lonely

NOT_Lonely

Thank you! =)

7. iamthwee

iamthwee

@NOT_Lonely I see you manually placing light probes.

Have you checked out this?

All you do is bake the nav mesh then press generate.

8. NOT_Lonely

NOT_Lonely

Hmm, really interesting tool! I will try it. Thank you!

9. NOT_Lonely

NOT_Lonely

Hey guys!
    Have you already tried a new version? Your feedback is very helpful for me! Please, post your thoughts here =)

10. kevinhos

kevinhos

I'm having some minor problems with shader errors etc but I put it down to using Unity 3.3 instead of the new version, once everything is done importing I'll let you know :) otherwise quality of the assets are amazing!

11. NOT_Lonely

NOT_Lonely

If you want to use it in Unity 5.3 just let me know and I will send you this shader for 5.3. Or you can re-compile this shader in Unity 5.3 by yourself if you have Shader Forge.

12. rrahim

rrahim

I haven't had the chance to do as much work with it as would have liked as yet.
    However, from what I've tested so far it works perfectly with my set up, and performance is just as good as before (even though there are so much more things in it now).
    There's one thing that has always bugged me though, and I will have to do some research to implement an alternative, is that the reflection of the fireplace on the kitchen sliding door is static and not real time.

Other than that, I can't wait to start doing some more work with it. It's amazing!

13. NOT_Lonely

NOT_Lonely

Thank you!
    This reflection is static because Unity's SSRR doesn't support reflections on transparent objects. You can switch kitchen's Reflection Probe to realtime and decrease its resolution to achieve realtime reflections.

rrahim likes this.
  14. kevinhos

kevinhos

That's ok man, I updated and it works great!

15. NOT_Lonely

NOT_Lonely

It's good!

16. BlackManatee

BlackManatee

WONDERFUL job -- v1 was already worth the $70, but v2 puts it way, way over the top. Not just because of the assets themselves, which are splendid - an excellent balance of poly/detail load vs performance - but also because of the implementation. I do 3D home tours for custom homes (3D Virtual Homes -- www.3DVH.com - warning: the stuff on the site is old, from ~2007!), so the materials and modeling techniques have given me a great example/tutorial for improving my own work and keeping up with the latest and greatest techniques (e.g., light-probe proxy volume - wow).

A fantastic resource, worth every penny. (I'll cross-post this at the asset store page, btw!) :) Thanks!

17. NOT_Lonely

NOT_Lonely

Thank you!

18. NOT_Lonely

NOT_Lonely

Hi guys!
    I'm going to show you something interesting that I've made with
    HQ Residential House and VR Panorama Renderer in Unity. It's a 360 VR-tour through the virtual house with a spatial sound.
    For the better experience watch it on Youtube with your smartphone and Google Cardboard + headphones =)

seansteezy likes this.
  19. richardh

richardh

Beautiful. A very professional and artistic presentation.

Well done.

inte17 likes this.
  20. inte17

inte17

I just had a chance to try and it looks perfect! I hope your next project will be out soon! :)

21. JoonasL

JoonasL

Hello

I am thinking about buying this pack, but I am working with Unreal Engine for the time being. How difficult would it be to port this to UE, has anyone done it who could say how much time it takes and what the difficulty level of such a task is?

Thank you

22. NOT_Lonely

NOT_Lonely

Hi guys!
    HQ Residential House is on 24 hours sale today with 44% OFF! Don't miss it!

FB_IMG_1478031312011.jpg

Hormic likes this.
  23. maxaud

maxaud

Picked it up on sale, nice work! Curious, I'm not too familiar with the modular building and I was wondering what the easiest way to use this would be? I see gizmos on the assets, what are these for? Also, the modular scene is very dark when I load it up and light creeps in where the assets meet. Am I missing something here?

Thanks!

24. NOT_Lonely

NOT_Lonely

Thank you!
    You can watch this video from 1:28, it's the demonstration of usage this system:

Building:

You can snap the modules by pressing down the "Ctrl" key and moving the module. Also, you can use "V" key for vertex snapping (I think it's more comfortable way in some situations).

Gizmos:
    The gizmos has been made for more comfortable building, for example, when you see the ceiling from top, or the wall from outside. So with these gizmos you are able to select needed module from any side and work with it. Also, you can set different colors for the different modules, it's for simplier and quick detection of needed type of module in the scene (wall, floor, or ceiling).

Lighting:
    I've removed all the baked lighting data from the modular demo scene before uploading it to Asset Store for less size of the package. So you just have to press the Build button in the Lighting window to build the lighting. About the light leakage from the outside - it's also because of the not computed lighting, simply build the lights :)

Thank you again for purchasing my assets!

25. maxaud

maxaud

Thanks for the quick response and explanation. Much appreciated.

26. RizeoftheSummonds

RizeoftheSummonds

Now this is what I'm talking about. Nice architecture and landscape. I'm always a fan of providing users with tools to create. Definitely keep up the great work and think about expanding this idea.

27. dileeppg

dileeppg

Hey @NOT_Lonely, I recently purchased this for testing with Mobile VR. Awesme work. Runs perfect on PC. But It gives me distorted output (attached) on Android. Any advice?
    PS. I could not set Linear color space in Android. Not supported in Unity according to the docs.

Attached Files:

28. flyingaudio

flyingaudio

Hi @NOT_Lonely. Beautify work.
    Would the fireplace work in mobile VR? Is the fireplace complete with sound?

29. NOT_Lonely

NOT_Lonely

Hi! Thanks!
    Yes it works perfect with mobile VR. And yes, it has sound fx.

30. NOT_Lonely

NOT_Lonely

Hi! Answered you by email.

31. flyingaudio

flyingaudio

To be clear, I am asking about live rendering, not as a pre-rendered video (like you have on your site), where the house and fireplace calculations are maintaining at least 60 FPS in mobile VR.

32. NOT_Lonely

NOT_Lonely

Yes, I got it) The fireplace works good even on mobile VR.

33. kk99

kk99

may I ask will the basement coming soon?

As I mentioned it in the comments already *Amazing Asset*

34. keepthachange

keepthachange

So I bought this and was kinda upset cause I didnt read the info first, but i was thinking it be fully modular I wanted it to be like the SuburbNeighborhoodHousePack. So i took it into maya Took apart the walls from that pack and added the windows from you pack and it fits with a little work and it's going nicely. Garage door fits with it too. Looks like this might work out after all...

Great pack by the way.

35. scout24

scout24

@NOT_Lonely Is that asset Daydream ready? Do you know anything about that? I just read that is not Mobile VR ready, but Daydream is only for high end mobiles like Pixel and Moto Z

36. NOT_Lonely

NOT_Lonely

I think it's possible to run it on high-end mobile devices with very few optimizations.

37. NOT_Lonely

NOT_Lonely

HQ Residential House is on sale with the 50% until January 10!

upload_2017-1-4_15-20-0.png

38. hernanperez85

hernanperez85

Hello NOT_Lonely, I have a question before buying. The modularity is only regard the interior or can I change the shape of the exterior of the house too? I mean not only the materials, but the shape(for example a 1-floor house) using modular props. Thanks in advance!

39. NOT_Lonely

NOT_Lonely

Hi! No, this package does not include modular exterior. I'm sorry.

hernanperez85 likes this.
  40. hernanperez85

hernanperez85

OK! Thank you for taking the time to reply!

41. NOT_Lonely

NOT_Lonely

Hey guys!
    Today is the last day of Holiday Sale! Don't miss the chance!

42. NOT_Lonely

NOT_Lonely

The old price has been submitted, but you still have a chance to get it with the 50% discount while the Asset Store team is reviewing update! You have only few hours!

43. optimise

optimise

Does it optimized for mobile VR? I need it for Goolgle VR Cardboard.

44. NOT_Lonely

NOT_Lonely

No, it's not optimized for mobile, but you can bake all the lighting (sun light is realtime in the demo scene) and disable precomputed realtime GI. So then you can run it on high end mobiles.

45. optimise

optimise

Hi @NOT_Lonely. Do u have any plan to do mobile VR optimization?

46. Hormic

Hormic

Hey NOT_Lonely, This is really a great asset with high quality and value.
    But i have a suggestion, what i really miss is a single bed like in a teenagers room.
    The bed in the child room in your house -> https://d2ujflorbtfzji.cloudfront.n...431b44-aa4c-46af-91c6-db28b0757956_scaled.jpg
    is nice but very special and not easy usable for a game i would say.
    Curiously i have searched a bit and i found tons of double beds in all the house and furniture assets but very rarely single beds. But when you look at games (gone home, life is strange) they often start or use this beds, the game i play right now is Soma where you woke up in a single bed in the beginning of the game. So if you plan to update your asset next time, please consider a normal single bed. Thank you! :)

47. alexanderameye

alexanderameye

I love this! I hope one day I can create art like this :) but for now I'm going to stick to programming haha

48. NOT_Lonely

NOT_Lonely

Hi!
    It's not hard to optimize it for mobile. You just have to bake ALL lighting to static lightmap (the sun in the demo scene is not static), also you can use simplier shader for walls and other customizible objects which use custom shader in demo scene. And after these few changes you can run it on mid/high-end mobiles.

49. NOT_Lonely

NOT_Lonely

I'll keep it in mind for the next update)

Hormic likes this.
  50. NOT_Lonely

NOT_Lonely

Hey everyone!
    The asset is on sale now with the 60% discount! Only for July!

JamesArndt and Johns_Art like this.