Search Unity

[RELEASED] HereVR Race Scene Packs

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by HereVR, Jul 22, 2014.

1. HereVR

HereVR

The demo scene is for desktops; I suggest to use the 'LOW' versions of the elements (they are within the prefabs with switched off mesh renderers), downsize the texture resolution and do all the necessary optimizations before trying it on mobile devices!

Last edited: Jul 6, 2015
  2. HereVR

HereVR

Hi All,

some stuff:

- Small video, related the RaceTrack Pack (for those who doesn't have the pack yet):

More detailed video will come when the U5 version of the pack will be ready.

- In a few days (hopefully) AS will publish the U5 beta version of the Vehicle Pack 01.
    The new version will have an update with adding LOD meshes for the truck tyres and this update will be available for Unity 4.x users, too.

3. HereVR

HereVR

Hello Friends,

the Unity 5 beta version of the Vehicle Pack 01 is out.
    Some details has been changed, please take a look on the models; I'm curious how do you like it!

4. HereVR

HereVR

Hi Guys,

did anyone tried Vehicle Pack 01. with Unity 5?
    How do you like it?
    Vehicle Pack 02. PBR update comes soon.

5. b4c5p4c3

b4c5p4c3

I'll try asap but i'm getting some problems with Unity 5 that i need to solve first. When i have time i'll post my results

HereVR likes this.
  6. HereVR

HereVR

Thank you!

7. b4c5p4c3

b4c5p4c3

I've tried to update Vehicle Pack 01 to version 1.072 but Unity 5 asset store is downloading the 1.071 version :( so i can't test anything yet

8. HereVR

HereVR

Thanks. That is weird, it is 'online', I just checked; maybe another AS bug. I will contact the support.
    Thanks anyway, I will tell if it should work. By the way, isn't there an option to select which version do you need to download from U5?

9. b4c5p4c3

b4c5p4c3

Yes in the asset store the version is 1.072 i went to the Unity 5 asset Store folder. Delete manually the file and downloaded the asset again but it's still downloading 1.071. Also i haven't seen any option to download the specific package i'm assuming that Unity automatically choose based on what version of the editor you are using.

10. HereVR

HereVR

I just checked it and it worked for me, imported the PBR version. Interesting.

11. HereVR

HereVR

Hello Friends,

the Unity 5/PBR version of the Vehicle Pack 02. is available in the AS!

Last edited: Mar 20, 2015
    Kirienko likes this.
  12. HereVR

HereVR

Last edited: Mar 21, 2015
    hopeful likes this.
  13. HereVR

HereVR

Hello Friends,

some 'Preview' from the BG Skyscrapers MicroPack 01., what will be part of the RaceTrack Pack 01. to offer great backgrounds for your racetracks.
    As you asked for it, there will be a hairpin turn update, too. :)

WEBPLAYER (Unity 5, non-HDR background)

Last edited: Mar 31, 2015
  14. HereVR

HereVR

15. HereVR

HereVR

Vehicle Pack 01. update is coming; it contains 'separated' hands to achieve 'fake steering' in FPS view and some fixes.

16. Kirienko

Kirienko

Hi HereVR,

I have bought the Pit Garage pack and the vehicle pack 2. I'm very happy with the assets, great job.

I have a suggestion/petition regards the pit crew and pilot given in the assets as a gift: it would be very nice if you could include them in T-pose so we can rig them and make some animations/poses on our own :)

HereVR likes this.
  17. HereVR

HereVR

Hello Kirienko,
    thank you for your words. I'm happy that you like the packs; if you can, please rate them as it helps future development a lot.

Related to your suggestion: it is planned to release a driver/mechanic pack with some basic animations (the current 'GIFT' models do the jobs for stills, but have not ideal topology for animations, so it will worth to release a separate pack for the job).

Thank you again.

18. HereVR

HereVR

Hello Friends,

a RaceTrack Pack 01. update is pending review and it includes the BG Skyscraper MicroPack 01. I mentioned formerly.
    I'm working on track part additions now.

19. hopeful

hopeful

The reflections on the circular towers in the Skyscraper pack seem odd to me, at least as they appear in the demo. Like the reflections are stretched out or something. Is there some sort of bug with that?

20. HereVR

HereVR

Hello hopeful, thanks.

It comes form the mesh+smoothing combo.

21. HereVR

HereVR

Hello All,

I have some great news.
    The RaceTrack Pack 01. update will include the Skyscrapers I mentioned formerly, but after it in a few days you will get:

- low-poly background mountains
    - editable layered texture sources where it could be necessary
    - some new AD holders
    - some fixes

I hope it makes you happy:)

hopeful likes this.
  22. b4c5p4c3

b4c5p4c3

It makes me very happy indeed. :D

HereVR likes this.
  23. HereVR

HereVR

Hello Friends,

another RaceTrack Pack 01. update is pending review to speed up things (as content updates are regularly way too slow). Next one is coming soon with the track parts, then the PBR version.

24. HereVR

HereVR

Hi All,

the RaceTrack Pack 01. update is out. As always I suggest to import it to an empty scene.

25. HereVR

HereVR

Hi Friends,

hairpin turns are pending review. Unity 5 version is coming next. I already made some test, it will look cool!:)

26. HereVR

HereVR

Hello Guys,

update is out: enjoy hairpins!;)

27. CoderPro

CoderPro

This pack not realistic when compare with real environment. The track rood too small. The scale of track not realistic with real track. And too much color textures. Hope have new race track in the future that realistic when compare with this.

28. HereVR

HereVR

Dear CoderPro,

would you please specify more your problem? Have you checked the size of the vehicles you use?
    Please send me more info/screenshots to my mail/PM with your invoice number to identify the problem.

Until that:

- The length of the track could be adjusted as it is a modular track system
    - The measures based on real racetrack sizes, of course considering the limitations of modularity
    - If you would like to use 'oversized' vehicles, then the most simple solution is to move the ready track to an empty and scaling it as you wish

About color textures:

- the pack offers editable layer sources, so you can easily change colored asphalt to whatever you want
    - you can even delete what is not necessary for you (mesh parts)

All the best and I hope it helped

HereVR

emergki likes this.
  29. andrew210

andrew210

Huge fan of your work on this, have bought almost everything that you have up for sale!

I'm playing with the race track pack at the moment, is there a way I can set different properties for say the track, the kurbs and the grass sections of the race tracks? At the moment the only colliders are on the fences and I'm relying solely on the terrain for "floor" colliders

HereVR likes this.
  30. HereVR

HereVR

Hello andrew210,

thanks for your words:)

The answer is yes: inside the track parts there are meshes called 'NAV'. These are premade stuff to make navmesh creation easy for the users. There are 2 versions, to cover both the Color 1-2 (marked C01-02) and Color 3 types (Marked C03) as the width of the gravel parts are different.

I hope it helped.

31. andrew210

andrew210

Ah great! Sorry I missed that, thank you!

HereVR likes this.
  32. HereVR

HereVR

Welcome! I wish success for your game!

33. HereVR

HereVR

Something nice is coming soon...:)
    WIP

34. b4c5p4c3

b4c5p4c3

Nice

HereVR likes this.
  35. HereVR

HereVR

Hello Friends,

The Unity 5 version (BETA) of the RaceTrack Pack 01. is pending review.

emergki likes this.
  36. HereVR

HereVR

Hello All,
    the first Unity 5 BETA is out. I suggest to import separately to an empty project.

37. MayhemMike

MayhemMike

Hey,
    I finally had time to use the track parts and I was wondering if there is somewhere a source file (psd?) for the TrackTXT textures?
    And another question, every corner has a little concrete slip on the inside right next to the inner curb. Is there a quick way to change that texture to dirt/grass?

38. HereVR

HereVR

Hello MayhemMike,

for the text parts I decided not to include files because of the potentialissues (both technical and license-related problems).
    Also I use my own texturing pipeline, so there was no PSD file with editable fonts.
    As the texture shows the location of the text content, in a few minutes you could create your own text easily. If you need help, contact me through mail and I could make suggestions based on your pipeline.

'And another question, every corner has a little concrete slip on the inside right next to the inner curb. Is there a quick way to change that texture to dirt/grass?'

I'm not sure if I identified it properly, so please send me a screenshot if I'm wrong.
    You could simple edit the texture the concrete part uses with making a clone of it (just select and fill with a grass/dirt pattern). If it is not the part you would like to change, then it should be the service road part, what could be deleted/switched off.

I hope it helped; contact me if you need further assistance!

39. MayhemMike

MayhemMike

Thx for the offer but I should be fine, I just wanted to avoid to spend time on it and then find out afterwards that there was a source file somewhere :)

Ah, I see, thx. I thought that they might be part of some tiling trick that I've overlooked.

I'm still working on the CarAI so I'm only using it for a very primitive test track atm but the more I work with your assets the more I love them. they are really well thought out packages with an insane amount of content. Can't thank you enough for it.

HereVR likes this.
  40. HereVR

HereVR

Thank you very much, it feels very good! Some new packs are under construction, I hope those will result the same pleasure!

41. hopeful

hopeful

I happened to see the new sci-fi environment on your Facebook page. It looks great. :)

HereVR likes this.
  42. HereVR

HereVR

Thank you. Hopefully it will be released this week at a bombastic introductory price.
    Also in June the Unity 5 version of Pit Garage Pack comes.

43. emergki

emergki

@HereVR , the way you did the pieces on your pack is very bad for creating a lightmap, I was wanting to build lightmaps to work in Mobile but, it's very bad :(

44. HereVR

HereVR

Hello emergki,

Would you please define it more precisely where you found the problem? Thanks!

45. HereVR

HereVR

Hello Friends,

I just would like to ask everyone if you find any problems, bugs, etc, please contact me via mail (that is the fastest) with detailed description of the problem as that is the only way I could help.
    Thanks!

Some new stuff is coming soon, by the way!

46. HereVR

HereVR

Hi All,

the Pit Garage Pack update for Unity 5 is almost ready!

47. HereVR

HereVR

Hello Friends,

the Unity 5 version of Pit Garage Pack 01 is pending review. Comes with double texture resolution.

b4c5p4c3 likes this.
  48. b4c5p4c3

b4c5p4c3

Great News

HereVR likes this.
  49. DiegoAtaqueEnLongBeach

DiegoAtaqueEnLongBeach

I was about to ask the same thing... Would this assets run in an iPad Air? I was thinking about buying this and the car pack today, but I need like a benchmark or something... Draw calls?

Maybe an APK demo to try it in an android tablet with similar specs...

HereVR likes this.
  50. HereVR

HereVR

Hello,

Pit garage Pack and RaceTrack Pack will surely run on the latest iPad hardware, if you do the necessary optimizations and you use the low-poly version of the models (included).
    The packs ship with texture atlases by default, but for making the developers life easier in development phase, many materials use the same, shared textures. So you could easily combine these meshes and materials into one single mesh and material.

EDIT: I forgot to mention that the RaceTrack Pack includes some dedicated plants for Mobile usage; also Tree Creator trees could be adjusted.

Last edited: Jul 6, 2015