Search Unity

[Released] GridEditor2D - A new innovative and flexible level editor

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by burnner, Apr 18, 2015.

1. burnner

burnner

I can do a right click to delete :) that would not be a big problem i guess

Yes it only works with .png files.

2. Hiilo

Hiilo

Hi. I could really use a offset option that could be applied per prefab. I have some tiles that could use a -0.5; 0.5 offset on a 1x1 grid.
    You mentioned grid offset in a previous reply but I didn't understand if you were talking about this.

I attached a Image that shows my tiles.
    Left tile is what I need and the right one is what I get with grid editor.

Overall very nice plugin. Keep up the good work.

Attached Files:

3. Hiilo

Hiilo

Allready managed to add a extra checkbox to the preview window that allows me to use the offset I need. Works well.

4. burnner

burnner

I was talkin about an offset off the grid, not exactly the same you wanted. Glad you fixed it on your own :)
    Maybe I could also add your solution. Mind to share?

5. DiscoFever

DiscoFever

Hi great asset ! Congratulations.
    I have one request : Can you add some kind of ´brush' when painting so i can see what I am doing ?
    Also Can you make 2 buttons for drawing and erasing ?

Thanks

6. burnner

burnner

I don't really understand your request? Sorry

7. Async0x42

Async0x42

For the brush at least, I think he means a 'ghosting' effect of the tile to be painted, where it would be placed if you click (to help visualize)

8. mapacible

mapacible

Hi, we're planning to create a platformer and looking for a good grid-based plugin to use. Is there anyway to use this plugin and be able to switch skins easily without having to setup the stage multiple times for each variant skin?

9. burnner

burnner

Hi there is no build in function for that, but I guess that you could easily implement this on your own.

10. leegod

leegod

Hi, is this grid also can be used while game running? So that user can edit or interactive with grids when play game.

11. burnner

burnner

No, the grid is a gizmo, this editor is an editor plugin and not a ingame level editor. But I have seen ingame level editors on the asset store.

12. jasonMcintosh

jasonMcintosh

+1 for this.

13. Murgraal

Murgraal

Hello, i just bought the asset and it's working fluently and is quite handy. I just had some issues with collider optimization, since it seems to define the size of them really weirdly. For example if i put values 20 and 20 for x and y, it still creates y colliders of the size of 2, which creates some problems with my game. Also is there any way to select and paint more than 1 object at a time? Also i was wondering when i have a sprite sheet and tap the "Add box collider" thing, it doesn't save that option for that tile. If i selected a tile on the scene there's an apply button, but not when i select tiles from the sprite sheet.

Sorry for alot of comments in 1 post, but hope that you could help me resolve some of these issues. Thank you in advance! :)

14. burnner

burnner

Hi.
    The size in collider optimization is per object, when you put in 20, it will patch together 20 objects.
    No you can only paint one object, BUT you can define prefabs and paint the prefabs if you like, with prefabs you can chain together as many objects as you want. http://docs.unity3d.com/Manual/Prefabs.html
    The options aren't stored for a reason, they are active as long as you are using this object and will restore when you change the tile/object, because sometimes you need a collider on a tile and sometimes you don't.

I hope this will help :)

best regards

15. SauloDFP

SauloDFP

Oi burnner , você ainda quer fazer novas atualizações para este pacote?

Last edited: Apr 29, 2018
  16. SauloDFP

SauloDFP

I'm having some difficulties with the Unity plugin version 2017.4.1. Does anyone know if this plugin is still receiving updates?