Search Unity

GAC-Great Animation Combos System for Unity 2D/3D (GAC ACCESS IS HERE)

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by crafTDev, Jul 30, 2013.

1. Steviebops

Steviebops

What do you need to use the hit detection? I can't seem to get it working.

I have followed all the steps.

2. crafTDev

crafTDev

Hey Steviebops, what is the name of the script you have attached to the Game Object you want to affect with hits?

3. Steviebops

Steviebops

I have the Target Tracker, and an addition to an existing script to handle the event

Code (csharp):
    1. if (GAC.TargetHit(gameObject))
    2.         {
    3.             HitHeadLeft();
    4.             Debug.Log("HIT");
    5.         }
    The HitHead method triggers an animation.

4. crafTDev

crafTDev

Does the Game Object you want to affect have a layer? And did you set the animation attack to affect that layer in the 'Affect Layer' section? Btw you can use the Debug Mode to log if hits are registered just so you know.

Last edited: Apr 24, 2014
  5. Steviebops

Steviebops

I have my characters set to 'Default' layer, and the animations set to affect 'Everything'.

The debug mode wasn't registering the hits, that's why I added the Debug.Log bit, just to test.

6. Steviebops

Steviebops

Aha! It's the layers, I separated the characters into unique layers, and selected the animation to affect only that, and it works.

I had to create a two layer system, Player 2 , Player 2, or the player character can affect itself.
    Can the code be modified so the animation can't affect the object it's attached to?

7. crafTDev

crafTDev

Sure, glad you solved and I will add that to the new update 1.3 that I am finishing up to submit today.

Thanks,
    jrDev

8. crafTDev

crafTDev

Lots of stuff coming in 1.3!

Version 1.3
    -Added a new Delay Combo feature to link into animations when input event is delayed
    -Added an 'Activator' button for GACPAC that list the activators that are used to call this starter
    -Added access to some API calls: AddTarget(), RemoveTarget(), IsPlaying(), ArePlaying() and AnimationPlaying()
    -Changed the Animation Setup layout for better organization
    -Changed the '+' button to now only show on the last index when an animation is set in the Combo Setup Menu; the new 'D' button for v1.3 is used to add a delayed animation
    -Changed if 'Use Hit' is not checked, all hit detection options are disabled
    -GAC-PAC now gives the activator number for an animation in a combo in bottom left of animation box. With the new Delay Combo feature, a 'D' is now marked on
    bottom right of animation box for delayed animations
    -Fixed a GACPAC bug that doesnt change the animation box to green for the animation playing in the combo if Mecanim is being used
    -Fixed the gameObject from affecting itself if it has a layer with the same name the animation is supposed to affect

Update will be submitted in just a few more hours.

Thanks,
    jrDev

9. crafTDev

crafTDev

GAC 1.3 is up on Sellfy and has been submitted to Asset Store so will be available on Asset Store soon!

Thanks,
    jrDev

10. crafTDev

crafTDev

GAC Demo updated to include a simple delayed animation combo (Combo 5). Plus I have a hotfix for crossfading bug being submitted in just a few minutes.

Thanks,
    jrDev

11. crafTDev

crafTDev

Hotfix sent!

Thanks,
    jrDev

12. crafTDev

crafTDev

Hey all,

So I'm currently working on what I call Synchro-Activators; basically multiple buttons being pressed at once to use as an activator (A+B at the same time). I'm sure a few of you need it so it's coming in 1.4 update with a possible playmaker support! :)

Thanks,
    jrDev

13. kurotatsu

kurotatsu

Any chance of getting you to add or send your Hit.cs to the asset. I love the turn and look/knockback feature in it(If not it's ok I'll copy it from the video, just would save me some time.).

Send it in a PM, if you've the time, I'd appreciate it.

I'm putting together a video featuring your system and a couple other assets I'm using in my game. I'll post it here for ya once I get a couple more Items implemented.:D

Thanks for your time.

Kuro.

14. crafTDev

crafTDev

Sure, why not. I really love to see what my assets helps with.

Check your PM.

Thanks,
    jrDev

15. crafTDev

crafTDev

I really appreciate that review!

Thanks,
    jrDev

16. crafTDev

crafTDev

Aaaand grab your update 1.3 Asset Store peeps! :)

Thanks,
    jrDev

17. Steviebops

Steviebops

Thanks for the update, great stuff, although im having some trouble, the crossfading works well with the combos, but it doesn't seem to work with my Idle animation, that's the default animation state my character goes to when the attack has finished.
    There's quite a sudden transition instead of a fade.

18. crafTDev

crafTDev

Hey Steviebops,

I'm not at my computer right now, I took a 2 day vacation, but I can try to help until I get back home later today. Are you using Legacy or Mecanim?

Thanks,
    jrDev

19. Steviebops

Steviebops

Legacy. There's no rush, sure everyone should have a weekend :)

20. crafTDev

crafTDev

This one is a shot in the dark but are you doing Animation.Play("idle") or Animation.Crossfade("idle")?

Thanks,
    jrDev

21. Steviebops

Steviebops

Im using Crossfade. The Idle animation fades properly with my walking animation, just not with the GAC ones.

22. crafTDev

crafTDev

Ok I'll take a look at it later and reply back.

Thanks,
    jrDev

23. crafTDev

crafTDev

Hey Steviebops, I've found one small error on my part; the first animation (starter animation) is missing code for cross fading so I fixed that for now and will send update shortly.

But the main thing right now is make sure your non GAC animations are on a lower animation layer.
    Let me know if that works for you.

Thanks,
    jrDev

24. crafTDev

crafTDev

First phase of Synchro-Activators (eg. A+B at same time for a specific activator number) have been completed, it works great! and I am now working on cleaning up the code and finishing the feature set, then I will move on to adding playmaker support to round out version 1.4 update. Remember guys that I would appreciate if you post comments about your experience, bugs and leave reviews on the Asset Store too. :)

Thanks,
    jrDev

25. gshape

gshape

Hi jrDev,

Just purchase this asset and so far like it! I am trying to replace my own combo system with GAC in my top-down action game. It works quite well so far! Thanks.
    One quick question, say if I want to play a sound or spawn a visual effect by calling a method of a script attached to the body for a combo animation, how to please?

By the way, since my enemies have rigidbody (i need physics for gravity and some collision detection) and don't use CharacterController, I can't use the hit detection of GAC because it requires CharacterController. Any workaround for this?

Thanks!
    gshape

26. crafTDev

crafTDev

Hello gshape,

First, thanks for your purchase!

So you want to play a sound when the GAC animation plays and call a visual effect? You can use GAC.IsPlaying(AnimName) or GAC.ArePlaying from the API Docs to check when a specific animation plays or generally when any GAC animation is playing. Funny enough, I am about to post a video for version 1.3 but forgot to include the new API scripts. I will make another one that shows off the API updates. Check the API docs for more information and if confused let me know.

Also for your own collision detection, you can put a collider on your weapon (if you are using a weapon) then use OnTriggerEnter to do what you want with it.

I have an advanced hit detection planned for GAC on the roadmap, but you would have to wait a little longer while I finish up the other items on the list. Let me know if you have any other questions.

Thanks, jrDev

27. crafTDev

crafTDev

Hey guys,

Here is a new video that shows off the new updates in Version 1.3 of GAC which Delayed Animations feature is part of.
    [video=youtube_share;joCBshbCaCo]http://youtu.be/joCBshbCaCo

And as I said above to gshape, I will post another video showing the new API updates that I forgot to include in this video.

Thanks,
    jrDev

28. gshape

gshape

Thanks for your quick response, jrDev!

Unfortunately, I found that I can't use GAC for my multiplayer project which use Photon Network because GAC seems can only control one character with GAC script attached. Say if I have 2 ~ 4 characters controlled by players, GAC will get the first GAC instance with FindObjectOfType(typeof(GAC)) and it becomes funny because player A presses attack button, it will trigger player B's character to attack now.

Just to mention, GAC works very well in a single player mode and I enjoyed to create combos with GAC! I see a great potential of this asset and I really hope one day GAC can support Photon or networking.
    :)

29. crafTDev

crafTDev

Hello gshape,

Sorry about the multiplayer capabilities of GAC, it was initially for single player games but more and more people have been asking for multiplayer. Here is what I can do. I can push back version 1.4 a little longer (probably to the end of the week) and try to get mutli support in with the other features for 1.4, or I can put that on the roadmap and get it in for version 1.5 (few weeks).

Thanks,
    jrDev

30. gshape

gshape

Much appreciated for your support! Amazing! :D
    Looking forward to it! Many thanks.

31. crafTDev

crafTDev

Hey all,

Brace yourselves for great news incoming. Version 1.4 of GAC is finally complete and is coming with a slew of awesome updates. First things first is the new Synchro-Activators which you can view in the image below. These activators make it EASY to setup inputs (Note DFGUI not supported for this yet) that you activate together Eg. Left Mouse Click + A button to play animation in the combo. See below:

Also the big change to GAC is the removal of the Singleton. This essentially means you can now play animations on a specific gameobject - Create multiplayer games!

And last but not least is Playmaker Support! GAC will now come with Playmaker Actions for those that want to play that way.

The update will launch next week. I have docs to update and marketing stuff to change. Will update with more! Hope you guys liked this update. :)

Thanks,
    jrDev

32. crafTDev

crafTDev

And here we go, a new version is abound with really great features I'm sure a lot of you will appreciate:

Version 1.4 5/13/14
    -Added Synchro-Activators to combine inputs from multiple sources to call a GAC animation for combos (E.G. A+S+D pressed simultaneously)
    -Added a new way GAC animation can be called, now you can use the new GAC.PlayAnimation(target, starter, activator) to play animation on a specific gameobject; essentially allowing Multiplayer Gameplay setups!
    -Added Playmaker support; GAC now comes packed with Playmaker actions
    -Fixed the missing code for crossfading starter animations
    -Fixed gizmo from showing if 'Use Hit' is disabled

This is now on Sellfy and will be on Asset Store shortly.
    The demo has been updated to include Synchro-Activators too, check it out. I will also be creating a new demo to show of multiplayer gameplay later.

Also there is a 20% I'm running for the launch of 1.4 on Sellfy. Let me know if you are interested in the discount code.

Thanks,
    jrDev

Last edited: May 13, 2014
  33. crafTDev

crafTDev

Hey guys,

I've sent a hotfix for activator inputs that locked up when pushed in version 1.4.

Already on Sellfy and should be on Asset Store within 24 hours.

Thanks,
    jrDev

34. crafTDev

crafTDev

GAC 1.4 is now on the Asset Store!

Tutorial for latest update is forthcoming.

Thanks,
    jrDev

35. crafTDev

crafTDev

Next up on the list will be Sequenced-Activators for version 1.5. So like pushing down-forward-down-A in sequence to play an animation. This will be ready in about a week! Thanks to all current and new supporters of GAC!

Thanks,
    jrDev

36. crafTDev

crafTDev

Hey guys, here is an update. GAC 1.5 will launch next week with Sequence-Activators, plus I am adding DFGUI support for both Synchro-Activators and Sequence-Activators for this version too. Look forward to new videos probably by tomorrow, if not by the end of the week showing Playmaker support, API scripting and Synchro-Activators. Thanks for all the support, let me know if you need anything!

Thanks,
    jrDev

37. crafTDev

crafTDev

Hey guys I'm back from mini weekend vacation and realized my Memorial Day sale hasn't launched yet...it was actually supposed to have started last Friday but looks like Unity delayed it when I merely sent them a Sale update. Anyway look forward to the sale launching in a few more hours I would hope, and I will push the sale through to next week. I promised some videos also, they are coming...

Thanks,
    jrDev

38. crafTDev

crafTDev

Yup and there it goes, now on 50% sale, grab it and look forward to more great features coming!

Thanks,
    jrDev

39. crafTDev

crafTDev

Hey guys,

So I found a bug in the current version using Synchro-Activators in that for eg. I have 2 synchro-activators setup; 1 is A+S and 2 is A+S+D. This setup should naturally have the activator 2 override 1 but it works the opposite. Well it's fixed now so look for update in version 1.5.

Thanks,
    jrDev

40. crafTDev

crafTDev

Hey guys, here are links to 2 new videos:

API Scripting

Playmaker -

More to come. Don't forget the 50% sale will be over this week when Version 1.5 launches, so take advantage!

Thanks,
    jrDev

41. crafTDev

crafTDev

Hey guys, I've extended the sale of GAC to next week while I work some kinks out for Synchro and Sequence activators to make them more responsive.

I've noticed a bug in the recent demo too that has the punching bag not responding to hits, I will take a look at.

Thanks,
    jrDev

42. crafTDev

crafTDev

Hey guys,

Want a taste of what the sequence activators are like in the upcoming version 1.5? Well I've updated the demo with that plus new animations added like tornado kick and spin kick. The bug that I spoke of yesterday has been fixed too.

Here is the demo link again http://bit.ly/1keCtFc

Also I would like to welcome quite a few new users of GAC and I am happy to say this has been a successful sale. Thanks guys and let me know your thoughts. I would appreciate if anyone that found GAC helpful to atleast give it a rating in Asset Store.

Thanks,
    jrDev

43. crafTDev

crafTDev

Hey guys, just a happy reminder that the sale is ending in 2 days; on Wednesday. I'm submitting the new version 1.5 tonite too! Thanks for a great sale again!

Thanks,
    jrDev

44. crafTDev

crafTDev

New update 1.5 submitted to the asset store, which means time is ticking down for the sale ending guys.

Thanks,
    jrDev

45. crafTDev

crafTDev

New update 1.5 is now on Asset Store! Will update the OP soon.

The sale ended on Asset Store but extended till midnight Eastern on Sellfy! So grab if want on sale in last few hours!

Thanks,
    jrDev

46. kurotatsu

kurotatsu

First I want to say thanks for creating this!!! It's a great asset.

I'd like to see support for InControl inputs if that is possible:

https://www.assetstore.unity3d.com/en/#!/content/14695

It would allow me to continue to use GAC for a future console release.

Thanks.

(if making a special version is required, I'll supply my invoice number via p.m.)

47. crafTDev

crafTDev

Hey kurotatsu,

I am happy to hear GAC has helped you so much, can't wait to see the project! Voicing your review here or on the Asset Store reviews (or doing both :)) makes me continue to do what I do.

I will gladly add support for InControl, I didn't notice this Asset so thanks for letting me know. I would like to support as much thirdy party assets so people can use GAC however they want. So guys if you need support for something let me know and I will try my best to accomodate your requests. InControl is now on the roadmap of updates!

If anyone bought from Asset Store, just leaving a rating helps out so much, you don't even have to write a review. I appreciate it!

Thanks,
    jrDev

48. crafTDev

crafTDev

Hey guys,

I have a small update coming that fixes a few bugs and make some changes namely with Mecanim Animations.
    Will send update in a few more hours. I have also started work on 1.6 which will include Touch gesture events for activators and uScript support. The touch gesture update will be a real cool feature which I will expand on a little later with stuff to show since this is more ambitious than I initially planned. Stay tunes! :)

Thanks,
    jrDev

49. kurotatsu

kurotatsu

I still can't believe I'm the only person to put a review for this on the asset store.

C'mon guys this asset needs more recognition.

50. DanielSnd

DanielSnd

Daaaamn ;_; I missed the sale, this looks awesome!