Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

GAC-Great Animation Combos System for Unity 2D/3D (GAC ACCESS IS HERE)

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by crafTDev, Jul 30, 2013.

1. Alexarah

Alexarah

Thank you so much jrDev! You're awesome and that totally fixed the problems and I have no more errors!

Thanks again,
    Alexarah

2. crafTDev

crafTDev

Cool!

Thanks,
    jrDev

3. crafTDev

crafTDev

Hey guys,

Version 1.6 is now available on the Asset Store with great new features! Standout feature is the new Touch Activators of course! Grab your updates!

Thanks,
    jrDev

4. kurotatsu

kurotatsu

You rock. I'm pretty excited to have this coming, I'm holding re-implimenting my AI until this is back in, and am tickled at the prospect off knocking them around again in gameplay.lol

5. crafTDev

crafTDev

Hey kurotatsu,

Implementation is going smoothly, and if you want I can just email the InControl scripts to test out and get started since I am adding more features to 1.7 before sending to Unity.

Thanks,
    jrDev

6. kurotatsu

kurotatsu

Yeah, just pm them to me thx, that means a lot.

7. crafTDev

crafTDev

Hey kurotatsu,

I'll get them to you by tomorrow. I'm almost finished, just need to add a few more stuff.

Also, anyone build to iOS devices yet with Touch Activators? Let me know how it goes!

Thanks,
    jrDev

8. Jon-Gao

Jon-Gao

I can use it now! this's really good, I can make a combo within 3 min, nice!!
    But there's something if add in future update will be super awesome!:

The Hit test and Gizmo direction is different in 2D mode. 2D mode only use Transform.right and -Transform.right(left). Transform.forward is actually behind the character. Currently I change the code by myself, but if we have a switch, that's sweet! Beside, some people might want a animation is attack front, but actually hit back, lol!

Different shape of Hit test and Gizmo, because some people might need it in Area attack or fancy skill.

Variable Hit test start point, I think just height(Y axis)is enough, but you never know... some people might change it a lot. reason is it might have floating enemy or very short enemy. if character pivot is set on floor, it never hit the floating target. and if character pivot is set center or higher, it never hit short enemy like slime or Tyrion Lannister.

I'm really looking forward to this tool, it help me fix the problem I've for a long ass time, and I wish it become batter and stronger. The action game developer's fate is depending on you!

Last edited: Jul 31, 2014
  9. crafTDev

crafTDev

Hi, Rosa

Nice catch. That was overlooked by me when I was implementing 2D support. I will get right on that. Thanks for reporting! Great suggestions too! Thanks for depending on me guys, I'll try to make this the best combo system ever! :)

Thanks,
    jrDev

10. Alexarah

Alexarah

What's up jrDev I was wondering if the GAC System would work well with an AI package from the Asset Store such as Behavior Designer, Node Canvas, or even Rain Indie. If so do you have a hint of how to do so in order for me to create an AI Bot that can also do combos? And if not should I just use Playmaker to make basic AI for I've seen tutorials of how to make basic AI with Playmaker.

11. crafTDev

crafTDev

Hey Alexarah,

GAC doesn't work out of the box with anything else but Playmaker. I have behavior designer but no one has asked for implementation with GAC so it wasn't something on the near roadmap. I would say use playmaker for basic AI creation, but I haven't figure out how you would go about having the AI perform it's own combos based on what you set. Which got me thinking to open up the API more for you to be able to script/use actions in playmaker to have AI make combo decisions. I will look into it, but I can't give a ballpark time. I will try to work with you little by little with playmaker actions you would need though, like randomizing an activator number etc. Let me know since I would need to build new actions.

Thanks,
    jrDev

12. kurotatsu

kurotatsu

How's the incontrol coming?

13. crafTDev

crafTDev

Hey kurotatsu,

Check you PM! There is a gift there.

Thanks,
    jrDev

14. crafTDev

crafTDev

Hey guys,

I found a bug in the current 1.6 version that makes the Sync and Sequence Activators disappear in the Activator Menu when you click "APPLY" for your input settings! I am sending an update to Unity today but if you want it earlier you can PM me with your invoice and I'll send the update.

Another quick fix is you can open GAC_Editor.cs, make a simple change by just tapping Spacebar so you can Save the script. Saving will reload the Sync and Sequence Activators in the Inspector to make them show.
    Sorry about that.

Thanks,
    jrDev

15. kurotatsu

kurotatsu

Excellent, support as always.

Testing, and will return feedback soon.

16. crafTDev

crafTDev

No problem,

Keep me posted.

Thanks,
    jrDev

17. crafTDev

crafTDev

Hey guys,

Here is an update about version 1.7.

InControl implementation has been completed, uScript is now supported with nodes for GAC and best of all hit detection has been redone for both 3D and 2D game modes to be more accurate with a few suggested additions from you guys. If everything goes well I will submit to Unity this week. I have some more polishing to do but I'll keep you posted of course.

Thanks,
    jrDev

18. rmsulliv

rmsulliv

Just picked up the asset. It has left a fantastic first impression!

I have one question though. I am using a gamepad for my input device. All of the joystick buttons work fine as activators but how would i go about using the analog stick directions. Ideally i would want to combine a down press on the analog stick with a key down and use that in a sequence activator.

19. crafTDev

crafTDev

Hey guys,

I am back in full force, I went away to a family member's wedding last weekend and came back to my old clunker 8 year old white macbook dying. So I finally upgraded to a macbook pro and my productivity for getting stuff moving multiplied. I have begun finishing up version 1.7 with InControl support and as I said in posts earlier I've even tweaked and added more features for hit detection in both 2D and 3D Game modes. iPhone Touch is also currently being tested for use with touch activators.

Some more great stuff is coming like a dedicated online documentation for GAC and brand new higher quality videos in the works; exciting stuff ahead so look forward!! :)

EDIT: Also forgot to add that I am expanding the online demo to have a 2D demo, Touch Activators, InControl and DFGUI scenes. Should be cool!
    Hello rmsulliv,

I think I have messaged you over email and I have figured out this simple problem and it's because I overlooked Unity Input manager button activators for joystick directions weren't fully supported yet and I thank you for catching this since InControl compatability supports this currently so all I would need is to migrate and adjust the code a little. I apologize for this and if you want you can just send me your invoice and I will email you the update. This goes for anyone in this situation. What would I do without you guys? :)

Thanks,
    jrDev

Last edited: Aug 19, 2014
  20. rmsulliv

rmsulliv

Yup that was me who sent the email. I sent over my invoice and i eagerly await your fix.

I am looking forward to 1.7 especially the improved 2D hit detection!

21. Alexarah

Alexarah

Hey there jrDev has anyone here requested AI support for the GAC System such as Behavior Design, Node Canvas, or even Rain Indie? That would an awesome addition to your product that's already pretty epic! By the way do you think Playmaker or uScript alone would do the trick since they are supported by various AI Systems?

22. kurotatsu

kurotatsu

I believe using Advanced AI, you can input what you want the damage string/name to be(I'm currently using "ApplyDamage"), so you can change it to Hit or whatever GAC uses.

Just food for thought.

23. crafTDev

crafTDev

Hey Alexarah,

You asked about this before but I didn't look into this yet because of working on current features on the roadmap. I would like to know what you would like for these AI systems to do with GAC. Let me know and I will put on roadmap to work on.
    PS, I have AI for Mecanim planned for support in later versions because I got requests.

Thanks,
    jrDev

24. crafTDev

crafTDev

Hey guys,

I sent a small update to Unity that fixes a few bugs and added some small features to end August. I was holding these for the next full update but the next update is taking a little longer. Look forward to this:

Version 1.6.1
    -Added the options when using button activators to choose between regular button or stick; the stick option provides 8 standard directions to choose from (Thanks rmsulliv)
    -Added color coding to activators to make them easier to distinguish
    -Changed layout of both Sync and Sequence Input Activators
    -Changed State option to be specific to each input in the sync/sequence activators
    -Fixed the missing input log items for some inputs
    -Fixed the inputs that dont flash green when triggered
    -Fixed Synchro and Sequence naming bugs
    -Fixed warning messages about Sync Inputs in use
    -Fixed bug with Sync and Sequence Inputs disappearing in Activator Menu after clicking "APPLY" button
    -Other small bugs and fixes

Thanks,
    jrDev

25. kurotatsu

kurotatsu

Excellent. How long on the context activators.:D(I can't wait.)

26. crafTDev

crafTDev

Hey kurotatsu,
    It will come this month (Sept) of course, I have to get 1.7 out first with some new videos and docs. Hold on a little bit :)

Thanks,
    jrDev

27. crafTDev

crafTDev

Hey guys,

GAC is now on sale for Labor Day for over 33% off! Click Link in OP! Also Sellfy users can now download the 1.6.1 update!

Thanks,
    jrDev

28. crafTDev

crafTDev

Hey guys,

The sale is also now on asset store till next week.

Thanks,
    jrDev

29. crafTDev

crafTDev

Also,

Update 1.6.1 is now on the Asset Store! Grab your updates!

Version 1.6.1
    -Added the options when using button activators to choose between regular button or stick; the stick option provides 8 standard directions to choose from
    -Added color coding to activators to make them easier to distinguish
    -Changed layout of both Sync and Sequence Input Activators
    -Changed State option to be specific to each input in the sync/sequence activators
    -Fixed the missing input log items for some inputs
    -Fixed the inputs that dont flash green when triggered
    -Fixed Synchro and Sequence naming bugs
    -Fixed warning messages about Sync Inputs in use
    -Fixed bug with Sync and Sequence Inputs disappearing in Activator Menu after clicking "APPLY" button

Thanks,
    jrDev

30. crafTDev

crafTDev

Hey guys,

For those that didn't jump in with the current sale right now, get to it quickly before it ends this week.

Also, I know it's been a while but I've been hammering away at finishing up the all new hit detection that is coming in version 1.7. And to showcase this I have a new 2D Demo coming with the launch. Here is a sneak peak:

This pic shows the angle (in green) for the player character's (Surge) specific attack as normal and the enemy (Punching bag). The enemy has a box parameter (in red with white points) around it and this is where the hit detection uses the points to detect hit if the player angle touches any of these points. The blue circle represents the range at which the hit detection starts checking for enemy hit detection. This feature was nicely requested by a user. Works really cool. More to come!

Thanks,
    jrDev

31. crafTDev

crafTDev

Hey guys,
    Sale has ended on the Asset Store! Thanks for all who participated and welcome new customers! :)

Sale will continue to midnite EST on Sellfy.

And with that comes a mini version update with some bugs fixes.

Version 1.6.2
    -DFGUI-Activators bug fixes

I will post more later with some version 1.7 updates.

Thanks,
    jrDev

32. crafTDev

crafTDev

Hey guys,

Hows it going? Time for an update that I couldn't wait to share before version 1.7 release. Now you can try the GAC 2D demo that includes the extensively updated hit detection system.

Check it out here!

I will update with more news later. Can't wait to reveal more :)

Thanks,
    jrDev

33. kurotatsu

kurotatsu

That is hella kewl,mang.:D

I definitely will use this down the road for a 2D game, if I ever finish Voidkeeper.

One step closer to context activators, baby.lol

Oh yeah. Keep em coming man, your updates ROCK!

34. crafTDev

crafTDev

Hey guys,

Here is a little more sneak peaks at the updated Animation and Combo setup menu plus the brand new overhaul of the Target Tracker!

Animation1.7.png

Combo1.7.png Tracker1.7.png

Lots of cool features in these new inspectors. I am on the final stretch for version 1.7 which will launch in the middle of next week! Stay tuned! :)

Thanks,
    jrDev

35. rmsulliv

rmsulliv

That looks fantastic! I love the broken up Knockback and Move amounts i had to hack those into mine.
    Cant wait for 1.7 next week with those context sensitive activators.

36. crafTDev

crafTDev

Hey guys,

GAC 1.7 has been sent to asset store! This is the biggest feature update yet, hope you guys like the new stuff. :)

Version 1.7
    -Added InControl support to use one input setup for multiple platforms, a copy of InControl is required
    -Added uScript support; use nodes to drive GAC's combo system
    -Added the option to only add objects to Target Tracker that are within set range
    -Added new gizmos to target tracker and made Hit detection more advanced (see documentation)
    -Added 2 new debugging options to log when objects are within hit range and when targets are added/removed to/from target tracker
    -Added 2 new API calls, AddTargetGO, RemoveTargetGO that basically adds/removes targets from specific GAC gameobjects
    -Added the ability to use a starter animation in it's own combos
    -Added the option to add a custom name to each combo
    -Added context value field modification to all fields (place cursor over context area and drag to modify field)
    -Added quick jump buttons to the Animations, Combos or Activators Setup menu accessable from each animation slot and combo slot
    -Added Move amount for all 3 axis to move the animation in any direction when animation is playing
    -Added Knockback axis values for animation slots that provide values to use to move the target that was hit which works with the new Target Tracker
    -Added Undo Support
    -Changed the Delay Countdown to be Min/Max slider for better control
    -Changed the max length to draw animation box for GACPAC
    -Change Layout of Animation Setup for animation slots
    -Changed TargetHit() to require a gameobject that has called this function
    -Fixed a bug with Legacy animations component not updating when changes are made to it's clip list
    -Fixed Web Player build support for Gestures
    -Fixed the min/max sliders from giving a nan error bug that makes the slider disappear

Look forward to new doc updates and videos this weekend!

Thanks,
    jrDev

37. kurotatsu

kurotatsu

Excellent, I'll test and get back with ya.

You weren't bumming around twiddling your thumbs, were ya.lol

Well done.

38. rmsulliv

rmsulliv

Amazing update. Ill test it this weekend!

39. crafTDev

crafTDev

If only I could twiddle my thumbs and this gets done lol ;-), I did a lot of reworking and optimizing while adding new stuff to this version. Version 1.8 is underway with Context Activators and Animations! I'll let you guys know when it's workable so you can test out early.

Thanks,
    jrDev

40. kurotatsu

kurotatsu

Shweet mang.:D

I'm definitely EXCITED for this update.

41. crafTDev

crafTDev

Hey guys,

I just wanted to let you know that v1.7 is now on the Asset Store. Also on that note, documentation is currently only for v1.6. I am still working on brand new online docs. Here is currently a preview of the QuickStart guide http://jrdevarts.blogspot.com/p/blog-page_26.html?
    The docs are currently being rolled out through the day so you can check back on the website.

I will also update the OP in a few hours.

Thanks,
    jrDev

rmsulliv likes this.
  42. bking1

bking1

Does Gac support 2D Toolkit?

43. crafTDev

crafTDev

No it does not support 2D Toolkit natively but you are provided the Source Code to add this yourself. If you want this supported I can put it on the Road Map.

I have updated the Online Documentation to include Animations and Combos Setup menus since the latest version. Will continue updating docs and keep you guys updated on the additions I make. Here is the link to the Online Docs.

Thanks,
    jrDev

44. kurotatsu

kurotatsu

Ya get to a point ya need a tester for context activators, let me know,k.:D

45. bking1

bking1

I do think support for 2d toolkit would be a neat roadmap feature. Mechanim works for 2d animations but isnt nearly as fleshed out as 2DToolkit.

If i was going to poke around and try to add 2DToolkit functionality to GAC where would you suggest i start?

I can override the PlayAnimation() methods to play a 2DToolKit animation but it seems like i would probably need to change the way animations are added so its looking for a 2DTK animation rather than a unity animation clip.

46. crafTDev

crafTDev

Yes, you are correct. I will add 2Dtoolkit support too.

Sorry guys for not updating, I've been sick for a few days now and slowly recovering so I paused on doing any work. I'll get back to work tomorrow and provide updates on what I have so far.

Thanks,
    jrDev

47. kurotatsu

kurotatsu

48. rmsulliv

rmsulliv

Oh nice! 2DToolkit will be great for 2d projects.

Ive have been using it for everything but my character anims because i wanted the combo functionality in GAC but its very slick and allows much more control over 2d animation than Unity's default animator.

Feel better!

49. crafTDev

crafTDev

Hey guys,

Here is a sneak peak at the look of the Context Menu.

Shows the 3 different variables that can be used for context actions. More to come.
    Thanks rmsulliv! I'm feeling better and better daily.

Thanks,
    jrDev

Last edited: Oct 8, 2014
    Alexarah likes this.
  50. kurotatsu

kurotatsu

Are the float and int going to have a greater than, less than, equal to capability?

That is looking shweet mang, I can't wait to give it a shot. This will allow for a HUGE amount of combo sets!!!!

Once this is out I'll finally get back into combat!!!! YeeeeeeeeeeeeHarrrrrrrrrrr.

Though I just finished my gamepad inventory system(entering beta shortly)for use with InControl, so the wait was worth it.

Keep your eye's peeled for it on the asset store in the coming weeks, ya all.

I am one happy customer jrDev, thanks.