Search Unity

GAC-Great Animation Combos System for Unity 2D/3D (GAC ACCESS IS HERE)

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by crafTDev, Jul 30, 2013.

1. crafTDev

crafTDev

Thanks for your support kurotatsu, much appreciated!

GAC 1.5.1 update is available on Asset Store now!

Version 1.5.1
    -Added a "Combo Menu" option to the warning popup when trying deleting animations in use by combos; this improves productvity by jumping straight to menu if selected
    -Changed the way Mecanim states are used by GAC, states that have no clip attached are ignored from the GAC System.This change also works in tandem with the following fix -Fixed animation slot when it becomes blank with the removal/null of an animation from the Animator or Animation component. This is resolved by deleting the Animation spot which in turn deletes any combo setup spots and/or Starter Animation spots using that animation. Be careful when working with your animations
    -Other small bugs and fixes

Thanks,
    jrDev

2. crafTDev

crafTDev

Sorry, DanielSnd, I extended the sale till midnite too, sorry you missed it, hopefully you can catch other sales whenever they come around, you should follow @jrDevarts to keep updated with promos!

Thanks, jrDev

3. DanielSnd

DanielSnd

Followed !! ^^ I'll keep an eye out, it looks like a great asset, If only I had the budget XD
    Thanks for the reply \o

4. crafTDev

crafTDev

Hey guys,

I'm prepping the launch of 1.6 say in about a week and for this I need atleast one person to beta test the new version. This update includes the new Mobile Touch support that has multitouch gestures and tapping for activators. This new feature also comes with a helpful visual editor GUI for this. Before launch I need a tester that has a smart phone that can build directly to it; Android/iOS. If you are interested, drop me a PM with your asset invoice!

The new update is coming along awesome. I'll post pics soon!

Thanks,
    jrDev

5. DanielSnd

DanielSnd

I could totally beta, I have an iPhone 5 I can build to and a Nexus 7 ^^ I just don't have a Asset Invoice xD teeeheeheee.
    But seriously, I would be an awesome beta tester :3 think of all the useful feedback I could give! I made a game with combos before (back in UDK) and it felt pretty tight to control and combo with ^^

6. Kojo-Opuni

Kojo-Opuni

Hey Everyone,

Has anyone been able to get GAC to work with 2D Character (w/ a Rigidbody2D component) utilizing Mecanim? Whenever I try to add the GAC.cs script to my 2D Character, I get an error stating "Can't Add Script : Can't add component 'CharacterController' to Player because it conflicts with the existing 'Rigidbody2D' derived component!"

Any help would be worth its weight in gold because at the moment I'm unable to use GAC.

7. crafTDev

crafTDev

Hey Kojo Opuni,

Sorry about the inconvenience, I'll take a look at this and get right back to you in few hours.
    This is pretty cool!

Thanks,
    jrDev

8. Kojo-Opuni

Kojo-Opuni

Thanks, jrDev!

9. crafTDev

crafTDev

Hey Kojo Opuni,

I've made a quick fix to not require the CharacterController so you can remove it. I've also added the use of RigidBody2D to use for moving the character during animation on the X axis. The script will only look for a CharacterController or a RigidBody2D component if 'Move' is checked. PM me with your invoice and I will send you the updated script. This update will be more featured in the upcoming v1.6 with additional tweaks. Thanks for the report of this problem.

Thanks,
    jrDev

10. Kojo-Opuni

Kojo-Opuni

Thanks, jrDev! I just sent you a pm with my invoice. Look for an email from kojo.opuni@nyu.edu.

11. crafTDev

crafTDev

Hey Kojo,

Check your email. Let me know if it works for you and you need any other help.

Thanks,
    jrDev

12. kurotatsu

kurotatsu

How's the InControl implementation coming?;)

13. crafTDev

crafTDev

Thanks to Kojo, I have a few fixes for Unity2D users coming in 1.6.
    Hey Kuratatsu, I've put InControl up for the next version 1.7 release, hang in there; I'm trying to get 1.6 out within a week! :)

Thanks,
    jrDev

14. crafTDev

crafTDev

Hey guys!

Here is a peek at v1.6 Visual Gesture Touch Areas for Activators. These Touch Areas will be used to trigger animation combos in your mobile games by performing Gestures(DoubleTap, Swipe DownLeft, Hold etc.). This is the Scene View setup and you will be to see directly how it works in the Gameview too, Its really cool! Stay tuned! :) image.jpg

15. crafTDev

crafTDev

Hey guys,

I've just uploaded the tutorial video for Synchro and Sequence activators. Take a look!

Thanks,
    jrDev

16. kurotatsu

kurotatsu

Excellent vid, and nice update.

I can't tell you how excited I am for ver. 1.7, keep up the great work!!!

I'm a very satisfied customer, well done.

17. crafTDev

crafTDev

Thanks again kurotatsu!

Good news, I am finishing up version 1.6 as we speak and going to update documentation today and submit. If everything goes as planned today, I will get started on version 1.7 :)

Thanks,
    jrDev

18. kurotatsu

kurotatsu

Shweet mang.;D

19. gshape

gshape

Woo! This looks great jrDev!!
    Keep up the great work!!

Hi everybody, just to say I purchased GAC awhile ago and used it for our multiplayer ARPG game on iOs that will be soon released.
    What I can say is "GAC is great and powerful"!! If you are doing projects that needs combo and melee system, GAC is for you! ;)

P.S. I still don't have time to update GAC but the old version is very good enough for my purpose at the moment.

20. DanielSnd

DanielSnd

That's such a great idea :D Awesome!

21. crafTDev

crafTDev

I appreciate the kind words everyone! So I've been testing version 1.6 for over the past 24 hours (taking breaks of course) and I still have some kinks to work out. So much for wanting everything to go to plan the other night lol. I apologize for the delay kuratatsu. Just know 1.7 will be all about InControl and 1.8 is planned for plyGame support. Sorry for delay till next week again, 1.6 will be worth the wait. Have a great 4th of July weekend!

Thanks,
    jrDev

22. rubble1

rubble1

That's awesome news!
    Looking forward to those updates!

23. crafTDev

crafTDev

Hey guys,

I've added a few new features to the roadmap too. Context activators and QTEs.

Look forward to those at a later version though :p

Thanks,
    jrDev

24. kurotatsu

kurotatsu

Yeeeehaaarrr!!!

Glad to hear. You are a life saver. I wrote a combo system for my project as a placeholder for 1.7, it's nowhere as polished as yours, but allows me to know which animations I want to use in GAC, once it's brought back in.

I can't wait to see how far this asset goes, and will keep drumming up as much support as I can from personal network;).

25. crafTDev

crafTDev

Hey guys!

Sorry for being MIA from the past few weeks. Have been busy on the personal side of my life. I still continued working on the update and I am happy to say version 1.6 is quite a big release with a nice feature set. I've been bug testing a rewriting stuff this past week. I am planning to send to Unity by tomorrow in a Beta state since I haven't fully tested it on all platforms (initial support is for Standalone, iOS and Android builds with Windows8 and Blackberry later). I didn't get a tester for iOS version but I will test on my Kindle today. So kurotatsu, I will begin working on 1.7 in T minus 2 days if everything goes well!

Here are some pics of the new TAG Window (Touch Areas GUI).
    TouchAreasPic1.png

And the corresponding Inspector Window:
    TouchAreasPic2.png

More to come.

Thanks,
    jrDev

Last edited: Jul 21, 2014
  26. kurotatsu

kurotatsu

Excellent. Thanks in advance.

27. imtrobin

imtrobin

no demo scene in package?

28. crafTDev

crafTDev

Hello guys!

The time has finally come! Version 1.6 has been sent to Unity and is now up for download for those that have Sellfy.

Here is the Version log:

Version 1.6
    -Folder organization changed! It is RECOMMENDED that you DELETE the JrDevAssets folder then import the new update
    -Added Touch Input Activators to the 'Activator Setup' Menu that allow the use of Touch Gestures with single or multi-touch
    (Included gestures are Up, UpLeft, UpRight, Left, Right, Down, DownLeft, DownRight, Tap, DoubleTap, Hold)
    -Added 'Touch Area GUI' which is the visual helper for Touch Inputs that shows the area you want to touch on screen to trigger animations
    -Added a new debugging option to log what inputs were used
    -Added a drop down to Select between using 2D and 3D; this is a major compatibilty support for Unity 2D Sprites which changes how
    Mecanim is used for 2D games and what colliders are used
    -Added the ability to rearrange activator slots that have been set by using the Movement Dropdown; perfect for the obsessive compulsive ;)
    -Changed the Input Source dropdown from resetting when gameobject unselected
    -Changed the timing of Synchro and Sequence Activators for more smooth input success
    -Fixed the small delay of the GACPAC Window
    -Fixed a bug that allowed to add activator slots in the 'Activator Setup' Menu when there are no Activators set in the 'Animation Setup' Menu
    -Other small bugs and fixes

This update has been a long time coming. I will continue working and improving it. The Beta state it's in is because I haven't fully tested it on all platforms. It works perfect on Standalone and Android builds but I still need to finish testing on iOS. I will greatly appreciate anyone who builds to iOS devices to test and report back to me any problems. Testing on Android and Standalone builds helps too. Just report back to me. I will work on a tutorial video later, follow the documentation guide for detailed step by step help though. Hope it works great for anyone. Let me know of any problems.

Thanks,
    jrDev

29. crafTDev

crafTDev

Also I am running a Sellfy special for 3 days this weekend with the new launch. 25% OFF using the code WKND25 at checkout!

Here is the quick link to Sellfy page!

30. crafTDev

crafTDev

Hey imtrobin, I didn't put a demo in the package yet. I can send you the current one I have though. Let me know.

Thanks,
    jrDev

31. Alexarah

Alexarah

Hey the jrDev I've been having a problem with the Playmaker Actions in the GAC System. It always gives me the error that the Tooltip could not be found. I've read on the Playmaker forums that the latest version of Unity conflicts with the Tooltip function within Playmaker. Do you think that's the problem for I've purchased both Playmaker and the GAC System. If that is the problem do you know of a way to correct this error because I've tried what the Playmaker forum Administrator stated to do but so far no luck. Can you help me?

32. crafTDev

crafTDev

Hello Alexarah,

First off, thanks for supporting GAC.
    Secondly, I apologize for any problems you have and will take a look into this since it only became a problem in the new Unity version. I'll get back to you in a few hours.

Thanks,
    jrDev

33. imtrobin

imtrobin

No worries. You can put it in the package. A demo helps people to tinker with it.

34. Alexarah

Alexarah

What's up jrDev, how is your progress doing on the GAC System? Because I'm still kinda stuck with the errors and I'd like to know why does Unity screw up a lot of assets from the Asset Store every time it gets updated especially with assets like yours that have Playmaker support. "sigh"

35. crafTDev

crafTDev

Hey Alexarah, sorry about the wait.

So I took a look at the Playmaker actions but I didn't get any error.

What version of Playmaker and Unity3d are you using?

Also, you said you added the tooltip namespace that Playmaker forums said to do?

Thanks,
    jrDev

36. crafTDev

crafTDev

Hey Alexarah,

Does your GAC_PlayAnimationGO action look like this?

Code (CSharp):
    1. using UnityEngine;
    2. using HutongGames.PlayMaker;
    3. using JrDevAssets;
    5. [ActionCategory(ActionCategory.Animation)]
    6. [HutongGames.PlayMaker.Tooltip("Play the GAC animation on a specific gameobject.")]
    7. public class GAC_PlayAnimationGO : FsmStateAction{
    9.     [HutongGames.PlayMaker.Tooltip("The target gameobject to use GAC on.")]
    10.     public GameObject target;
    12.     [HutongGames.PlayMaker.Tooltip("The starter animation name to check and play.")]
    13.     public string starterName;
    15.     [HutongGames.PlayMaker.Tooltip("The activator to use for this starter animation.")]
    16.     public int activator;
    18.     // Code that runs every frame.
    19.     public override void OnUpdate(){
    20.         GAC.PlayTheAnimation(target, starterName, activator);
    22.         Finish();
    23.     }
    25. }

37. crafTDev

crafTDev

Well apparently, after checking the previous 1.5 version, I did not include the Playmaker updated actions for Unity 4.5. Sorry for the convenience Alexarah, that was a mistake on my end. I have reupdated the actions and attach the asset package to this post.
    Again, I apologize.

Thanks,
    jrDev

Attached Files:

Alexarah likes this.
  38. crafTDev

crafTDev

Hey guys! GAC just went on Unity 24Hrs sales! It's the perfect time to grab it on sale for those that were waiting! Just in time for the awesome 1.6 launch!

This of course cancels out my Sellfy special haha and makes it the same Sale on Sellfy for the next 23 hours!

16 Bucks? Buy, Buy, Buy! It's a steal! :)

Thanks,
    jrDev

Last edited: Jul 28, 2014
  39. DanielSnd

DanielSnd

FINALLY! I WAITED SO LONG FOR THIS!

*Singing "That day is finally here!" from that Finally Here FLO RIDA song*

- Edit -

Got it :D Now I'm finally a happy owner of GAC!

40. crafTDev

crafTDev

Happy to hear! When 1.6 launches on Asset Store, give the Touch Areas a test on an iOS build and let me know how it goes.

Thanks,
    jrDev

41. DanielSnd

DanielSnd

Let me know when that happens and I'll for sure :D

42. Jon-Gao

Jon-Gao

Hello! Nice tool, just bought it, but I can't use it because I'm using Rigidbody base physic system. can you make a switch of change mode to support both CharacterController system and people who use Rigidbody system? that'll be awesome.

Currently I change all CharacterController in the script to Rigidbody2D (I was making 2D game), I can add GAC component now, but still can't use it. Because GAC doesn't get any of my animation clip, I don't know is because I don't have Avatar (2D game use Mecanim system don't have Avatar) or animation is different than 3D animation (2D animation clip most just change sprite).
    Thanks!

===30mins later===
    Just saw your version 1.6 log, you can forget all I say in previous, lol! didn't notice other people already report the problem. Really can't wait to use it on 2D game!!!

Last edited: Jul 27, 2014
  43. crafTDev

crafTDev

Hello,

Thanks for purchasing GAC! You ask and you shall receive! GAC 1.6 was already submitted with an update for customers who use the 2D system. The update will be on the store by tomorrow or Tuesday when the asset store updates! In the meantime I can send you a quick fix I gave to Kojo previously but I'm not at my laptop at the moment. I'll post as soon as I can in a few hours.

For others remember the sale end at 9am EST!

Thanks,
    jrDev

44. crafTDev

crafTDev

For anyone that needs a quick 2D Rigidbody compatible script until version 1.6 launches, PM me with your invoice and I will send you a quick fix file. Rosa, PM me your invoice ok.

Thanks,
    jrDev

45. crafTDev

crafTDev

Hey guys,

Less than 4 hours left to get in on the 60% off GAC sale!!

Thanks,
    jrDev

46. crafTDev

crafTDev

Hey guys!

The time is here and now! Only 1 hour left to get GAC at this awesome price!

Thanks,
    jrDev

47. lingling

lingling

I got it in time,just bought it few hours ago, also I watched your youtube videos,excellent work!
    May i ask if you have an example scene included or where could I get one ? I am just started so I'd like to have your example scene file to get started and learn how to use it.
    Cheers.

48. crafTDev

crafTDev

Welcome lingling,

Thanks for purchasing GAC. Here is the latest demo package for GAC. Let me know if you need assistance!

From now on everyone, the GAC demo package will be on the front page of the thread or from the GAC website! The file is too big to include in the Asset Store package.

Package Link

Thanks,
    jrDev

Last edited: Jul 28, 2014
    lingling likes this.
  49. crafTDev

crafTDev

I want to say thank you all for making the GAC Asset Store sale a HUGE success! I look forward to adding more features to GAC!

For those that missed the Asset Store sale, you can still get it for $16 on Sellfy till noon est today!

Next update is coming for InControl support that I have started to put some work on!

Thanks,
    jrDev

50. crafTDev

crafTDev

Sale is over!

Again, thanks to all new customers of GAC!

kurotatsu, InControl support is officially on it's way to implementation!

Thanks,
    jrDev