Search Unity

[Released] Full Game Kit - Hammer 2

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by PieterAlbers, Sep 8, 2015.

1. PieterAlbers

PieterAlbers

Hammer 2 - Reloaded is an actionpacked shooter example project! Create your own thirdperson open world game using this kit! (This requires intermediate Unity and C# skills!)

Available now at the Asset Store

Webplayer Demo | WebGL Demo | Documentation

Note: Chrome won't run the Unity Webplayer anymore. Please use another browser. For the WebGL demo any browser would suffice, but we recommend Firefox or Chrome.

The package contains:
    Fully working and buildable game! All scripts and assets are accessable, editable, and commercially useable!

Scripts
    • Thirdperson character controller
    • Camera system including camera shakes
    • Destructible buildings tech
    • Bullets, explosions and area damage
    • Enemy and pickup spawners
    • Enemy, boss and enemy vehicles behavior
    • Controllable vehicles and turrets
    • Ambient system
    • Options and settings
    • Achievements
    • Streamable preloading for web player
    • Global and local data management
    • Player progress saving and loading
    • Full game flow, pausing, retrying, unlocking
    • New scalabe Unity GUI
    • Flexible button and navigation system
    • Minimap system
    • Shop for ingame currency
    • Localization
    • XGUI 2d helper scripts
    • Xbox 360 controller support

Assets
    • Lowpoly characters and animations
    • Lowpoly vehicles, buildings, streets
    • Lots of lowpoly misc. assets such as crates, barrels and streetlights
    • All with clear highres cartoon style textures
    • Lots of effects, flashes, particles and explosions
    • 5 royalty free music tracks for you to use
    • Over a 100 crystal clear game sound effects
    • Loads of icons, buttons and backgrounds

Note: Please use your own font or check the licensing agreement! This package contains no thirdparty content whatsoever.

Full game kit technology and assets for intermediate users.
    This example project is made for amateur developers that want to make the step towards a releaseable game. Use full scripts, code snippets or architecture in your own game. Add a professional framework around your existing game prototype. Use fast prototyping of a game idea by modifying or replacing game parameters and assets. Pick the high quality art and audio assets you need for your own projects. Don't worry about license agreements, you have full commercial usuage rights! Your game is ready to build and deploy for web and standalone use! Easy to port to mobile and other platforms.

UPDATED ONLINE DOCUMENTATION:
    Including 2 mini-tutorials on how to clone an existing enemy and how to create dynamic objects to drive into.

LINK: Hammer2Documentation.pdf

NOTE: Below you can find an updated version of XGradient.cs for Unity 5.2. Overwrite when you are switching to the latest Unity version. This script will also be included in the next package update!

Attached Files:

Last edited: Nov 4, 2015
    ffxiangyu, Raf_230, Gozdek and 3 others like this.
  2. PieterAlbers

PieterAlbers

Hi all!

I would immediately like to thank everyone for the great response we have so far on this kit!
    It is great to readthe enthusiastic replies and mails we get!

Over the last few days we have gotten plenty of emails with questions on mobile (touch) input and if it will run on X device or X os. This might be the best place to clarify that and provide some additional information.

Currently, we're looking into mobile (touch) input. That is going very well and is pretty much done.
    This still means we need to clean it up, present it in the best way possible in the current project and test it before uploading another package. I cannot give you an estimate when it is done besides 'sooninsh'. There is a lot work on other projects to be done for us as well ;)

Furhtermore, we see no reason why the game should not be able to run on either Android or iOS.
    Our tests with Android were and are promising. You should keep in mind that this game was not developed from the start to be deployed on mobile devices, but it is working fairly well without any major modifications.

Thanks again!
    Pieter / Xform

faraz likes this.
  3. superdiederik

superdiederik

Hello!

About Unity 4.6.7 support:

Unfortunately we could not get it to work. Downgrading the project turned out to be a mess. Scenes would not load properly somehow. Also after fixing some of the obvious script problems, it just wouldn't load properly At this moment we cannot put any more energy into this, since we're focussing on the mobile support.

If you've accidentally bought the package despite the clear 5.1.2 requirement, you can always try to extract some assets by importing it into a Personal Edition install of 5.1.2+.

Thanks everybody for your interest in our project!

Diederik / Xform

4. jaloxin

jaloxin

How can i get the Mobile version for iOS ? i am ready to pay you guys

5. PieterAlbers

PieterAlbers

Hi all,

Since 5.2 is out today it seems some functionality has been deprecated.
    There is one script in the package that suffers from this.

Attached is an updated version of that script. Just overwrite it when you are switching to 5.2.

It will be included in the next package update.

Thanks
    - Pieter / Xform

Attached Files:

gekidoslair likes this.
  6. gekidoslair

gekidoslair

Thanx for the quick update! Was just about to post about this!

7. superdiederik

superdiederik

Thanks for your post! As mentioned in a different post, we're currently investigating doing some optimizations and implementations for mobile (Android in specific). This could take some time, and you should not expect miracles performance-wise since this game was designed for Desktop. But we'll certainly give it our best! Thanks for your patience.
    Diederik / Xform

8. faraz

faraz

Awesome asset!
    Please update it for mobile device.

9. kilik128

kilik128

hi same here i try optimizations mobile i got 50ms
    and i don't understands where's she
    can you say more please ?

10. vencl0vs

vencl0vs

Hey

Does the kit contains all levels like in webplayer demo?

11. AlanGreyjoy

AlanGreyjoy

Let me grab my crystal ball...

rub rub rub

I see... hundreds of people beating down your door to make it mobile ready (cause they can't...)

I see...... you making it mobile ready and it works pretty good. (apart from androids below 4.2 and iPhone 6 lower)

I see......... ios and google play store FLOODED with this asset. They are just going to hit the build button. Play it for a couple of secs, and put on both the app stores. (nothing changed. same everything, hell, i bet some will even keep the title too)

So.... how are my crystal ball reading skills? :p

LOVE the asset btw. Super cool and the web player was really fun!!!! The amount of work you put into this is very impressive and for such a low low low price tag! Bump this thing up to at least 100 bucks :p

12. UnityGTAKing

UnityGTAKing

Your skills are on point, thats all anyone ever seems to do, instead of putting time and effort into projects. But especially this one since it is completely copyright free.

13. superdiederik

superdiederik

Hi guys!

About the mobile stuff: still working on it.... :)
    About the crystal ball: You're probably right. We already spotted the game on Greenlight on day 1. But it's okay if that's what people really want to do. We'd rather see people doing something creative with it though.
    For us it's a pretty big experiment how this sort of project would work, and so far the reactions have been great. So we'll try to improve here and there and hopefully have an update soon!

Have a great weekend!

Diederik / Xform

Last edited: Sep 11, 2015
  14. baram10000

baram10000

How did you optimze to speed up in mobile.

Eventhough I try to reduce texture size and Fastest mode, some case of instance enemy from VAN happens stopping for 0.3seconds, But your optimized android app is working well. What is the main method not to stop in some case?

15. AlanGreyjoy

AlanGreyjoy

Of course this will be big! Nothing this... complete... of a asset has ever hit the asset store before.

I would LOVE to submit stuff to the store, but you'll see soon enough...
    People will leave a 1 star review cause something didn't have a collider on it . . . .

I saw one review state this "You didn't make any prefabs for the characters. How do i use them! One star till fixed"

I mean... you really just wish, for that one moment, you could walk through your monitor like Freakazoid, and smack some of these people lol!

I am kicking the idea around buying this. I would love to pick apart some of these scripts lol!

Use the profiler. Use it when your device is plugged into your computer with unity remote 4. Everything you need is there.

16. faraz

faraz

17. BlurTimeTeam

BlurTimeTeam

Perfect asset. I want buy this package but How can i get the Mobile version for android?

18. PieterAlbers

PieterAlbers

Hi all!

Thanks for all your comments, replies and crystal ball visions! Much appreciated and shared ;)

The v1.1. update is coming along nicely, including Android support. We're doing some final QA and hopefully we'll get to submit today (not sure when it will be updated in the store though!!).

We will keep you posted!

Pieter / Xform

Raf_230 and Ruby-Roid like this.
  19. pushingpandas

pushingpandas

Could you make some video tutorials how to change player; enemys; vehicles?

Thankyou

20. Ruby-Roid

Ruby-Roid

+1
    To replace a Hamer character, needed an identical skeleton.

Last edited: Sep 16, 2015
  21. superdiederik

superdiederik

Hi guys!

If we can get some more people enthuasiastic about the project, maybe we'll do a video tutorial on how to change stuff!

In general, when replacing assets, you need to inspect the item you want to replace closely, during the game (pause it) but also inspect the prefab and see if there are differences.Check how it's made up, which objects are in the hiearchy, and try to copy that for your own asset.
    Also check if the object is mentioned in the the SharedData.txt file. This means properties are set up on the fly. So your new or replaced asset may need to be added to that list as well.
    Next step is to really add your asset and just see where it goes wrong! See if you can fix it. If you run into something you really don't understand, you can always contact the support mail address!

I'm not sure if this all makes sense. Hope we find the time to show you and example!

Diederik / Xform

22. PieterAlbers

PieterAlbers

Ruby-Roid likes this.
  23. elijahrockshout

elijahrockshout

I second the video tutorial suggestion!
    It doesn't have to be only Diederik / Xform though...
    If any other Hammer 2 purchaser would like to post any tutorial vids I'd watch them in a heartbeat! :)

mroyusa likes this.
  24. MadMapp

MadMapp

well just bought this, the game is incredible and sold me on that, the price it ridiculously low, i do intend to reskin the S*** out of this, but will probably release one pretty much as is :) there a link to good docs for swapping assets etc? or just trial and error

also the missions are great and all, but it does need an endless survival type mode,

cant wait to get stuck in to this for a few days

25. pushingpandas

pushingpandas

how to change missions? Anybody found out yet? Its a shame that documentation is lacking :(

26. AlanGreyjoy

AlanGreyjoy

It's intended for intermediate to advance unity users (Says it right there on the asset page). Meaning.. if I ask you to write a script to store classes and races and then have a foreach loop to bring them up in the ui... you should know how to do such a thing without thinking about it.

I have not bought this yet... but modifying it would be.... well... it would be nothing different then modifying anything else.

27. pushingpandas

pushingpandas

Thank you Walter

AlanGreyjoy likes this.
  28. AlanGreyjoy

AlanGreyjoy

29. pushingpandas

pushingpandas

i fecking hate asset flipper

AlanGreyjoy likes this.
  30. AlanGreyjoy

AlanGreyjoy

Yea dude.. totally kills the assets value.

I am going to buy it solely for script raping :p

31. superdiederik

superdiederik

Hi Devision4!

Changing a mission is not that hard. Find the object called Mission in the Game scene. It has all the missions as children. Click on the child mission you want to edit and activate it in the inspector. This should make all the specific mission's children visible. Find the player spawn spot in the Scene view for starters. Now you can just try moving or copying children.

Don't forget you can specify that you want to start directly in the mission by setting the Scene variable to Level and the Mission variable to the mission number you want (both are found in the Globals.txt). For testing it's also easy to set the SkipGetReady to true ;).

Hope this points you in the right direction!

Diederik / Xform

32. AlanGreyjoy

AlanGreyjoy

Hey, i noticed that the WebGL demo gives an Out of Memory error.... is it just me?

33. superdiederik

superdiederik

Thanks for your feedback.
    Can you be a bit more specific on when the error occurred? And some browser + OS info?
    I've noticed that Chrome sometimes gives and Out Of Memory error when reloading or refreshing the game inside the same browser. I usually have to completely close and restart Chrome before I retry.

WebGL memory allocation is a real issue and works differently in each browser unfortunately. Some even have a strict limit on how much memory your game may use. Our game just takes up quite a bit of memory, and I'm not really sure on how we could improve without changing the open world setup.
    Also see http://answers.unity3d.com/ for more information on this. No real answers unfortunately.

Coincidentally, we're currently revisiting the WebGL version for some bugfixing, so we'll definitely see if we can make more improvements. We'll keep you updated!

Diederik / Xform

34. Espra

Espra

Hey, try it to port the game to iOS on my ipad. Game runs perfectly, but the shoot and grenade buttons doesn't work.

Anyone have the same problem? need it android sdk also for iOS ? thanks for any suggestion or help...

35. superdiederik

superdiederik

Hi Espra,

Although the iOS platform is not supported, this is indeed a weird issue. Does it also occur inside the Editor?
    And also, which version of the package are you using and which Unity version? Please send some more information to the support mail address and maybe we can check it out.

There must be a solution for this, since someone has already published an iOS version of the game in which it works ;)

Cheers,

Diederik / Xform

Espra likes this.
  36. PieterAlbers

PieterAlbers

Just to give a heads up!

The issue on the non-working buttons on iOS might be related to the stripping level in Unity.
    Try 'Disabled' and see it will work then.

I got an email from John with this solution! (Thanks John! :))

Espra likes this.
  37. Espra

Espra

Hi there ,

thanks for answer :)

The stripping level solves the problem, now its work correctly. Big Thanks

One question more.

Vehicle have unlimited ammo (tank...) is there a chance to change this ??
    im not a expert in coding, maybe need some changes...

Cheers

38. PieterAlbers

PieterAlbers

No problem!

Yes, you can add limited ammo to the tank.

In Tank.cs add a public int ammo = 30 (or any other number) to the TankData class (at the top)
    Then in TankUserController.cs (line 70) change that to if (primaryFire && tankData.ammo > 0)
    Finally, under Fire() in line 76 add tankData.ammo--;

This should work although I haven't tested it ;)

Cheers,
    Pieter

Raf_230 and Espra like this.
  39. Espra

Espra

any suggestion ???

Code:

if (primaryFire && tankData.ammo > 0)
    {
    tankData.currentRof -= Time.deltaTime;
    if (tankData.currentRof < 0)
    {
    tankData.currentRof = tankData.rof;
    Fire (tankData.ammo--);
    }
    } elsetankData.currentRof = 0;

/TankUserController.cs(76,33): error CS1501: No overload for method `Fire' takes `1' arguments

40. PieterAlbers

PieterAlbers

Code (CSharp):
    1. if (primaryFire && tankData.ammo > 0)
    2. {
    3.      tankData.currentRof -= Time.deltaTime;
    4.      if (tankData.currentRof < 0)
    5.      {
    6.             tankData.currentRof = tankData.rof;
    7.             Fire ();
    8.             tankData.ammo--;
    9.       }
    10. } else tankData.currentRof = 0;

Espra likes this.
  41. Espra

Espra

how to change Character like Hammer or Enemy ?? Try to import some, but just only write in sharedData doesn't work for me. Need Tags or the same Animation please let me know.

thanks

mroyusa likes this.
  42. Pagego

Pagego

Is it possible to change or edit the 3rd person camera view? Not necessarily to First Person, but placing it closer to the Player?

43. superdiederik

superdiederik

@Espra Chaning or adding a character in any game is not easy. You need some experience in setting up the proper hierarchy and animations in mecanim. In a new scene, import the Hammer or enemy prefab. Now import your own character. Then, open up the hierarchy of both objects and try to spot and fix differences. Also, be sure to click on all objects and see the differences in the Inspector. Lastly you might need to add your character to the SharedData. Then, of course, errors still might occur. Some of the errors you might be able to fix yourself. If you really dont have any idea where to begin with fixing these errors, you can always send them to the support mail address, we might be able to guide you in the right direction.

@Pagego I think this should be possible by changing some values in the CamereSettings in SharedData.txt.

Raf_230 likes this.
  44. Pagego

Pagego

Thanks @superdiederik. I really like the product. I have developed other games in Unity, in both C# and JavaScript. I was able to edit the the camera placement from the SharedData.txt.

What I can't find is where the animations for the Hammer and Enemies are being called. I have imported new characters in other games similarly structured to this one, but figuring out where to reference the new character animations is what has me stuck right now.

Raf_230 likes this.
  45. Ruby-Roid

Ruby-Roid

upgrade to Unity 5.2.2p1 problem

Assets/Project Assets/Scripts/XGUI/UI/XGradient.cs(10,14): error CS0534: `XGradient' does not implement inherited abstract member `UnityEngine.UI.BaseMeshEffect.ModifyMesh(UnityEngine.UI.VertexHelper)'

46. PieterAlbers

PieterAlbers

We just uploaded a correct fix for 5.2.2 for the XGradient issue. Here it is attached as well.

-Pieter

Attached Files:

Ruby-Roid likes this.
  47. PieterAlbers

PieterAlbers

Yes, and it is not hard to do.
    As a matter of fact we updated the documentation (online!) with a small tutorial to do this. It also includes a short tutorial to clone an enemy.

LINK:
    Updated Hammer 2 documentation

48. Gunhi

Gunhi

any plan for updateing multiplayer feature with Photon?

49. zenGarden

zenGarden

In the webplayer demo, i oculd not rotate teh view around using the second joystick of the joypad.
    It is normal ?

50. superdiederik

superdiederik

Hi zenGarden,

Not sure if the xbox 360 controller has full unity support for the webplayer. We'll look into this.
    You may send some a mail to support at xformgames.com about this.
    We would need to know the exact type of controller, OS version, browserversion and webplayer version.

Again, this might be beyond our control. Is it working for you in a standalone player?

Diederik / Xform