Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

[Released] [FREE] Realtime Reflections

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by EvilTak, Oct 5, 2014.

1. EvilTak

EvilTak

Realtime Reflections is a FREE asset (yes, good free assets are hard to come by) which brings real-time rendered reflections to your Unity game. It will automatically increase the graphical fidelity of your game, adding to its value and appreciation. All AAA Games have real-time reflections, so why not your game? This asset functions a bit like the Reflection Probes of Unity 5.

A Unity 5 version with support for the Standard shader has been uploaded to the Asset Store.

NOTE: Requires Unity Pro only if you are Unity 4 (uses RenderToTexture and RenderToCubemap).

Features:
    • Consists of two kinds of Reflections:
      1. Cubemap (Spatial) Reflections, best for vehicles, meshes, etc.
      2. Planar Reflections, best for mirrors, floors, etc.
    • Resolution can be changed according to performance and graphical requirement.
    • Full documentation and set up steps included
    • Two example scenes: one for planar reflections and the other for both.
    • Compatible with any shader having Reflection Map ("_Cube") Property for Cubemap Reflections and "_ReflectionTex" property for Planar Reflections
    • Layermask can be set to your needs.
    • Includes support for Unity 5 Reflection Probes.
    Its completely free so try it out now!

Asset Store Link:
    https://www.assetstore.unity3d.com/en/#!/content/21730

Last edited: Jun 22, 2015
    UnityLighting and Lex4art like this.
  2. Grhyll

Grhyll

Thank you, I've been looking for something like this for some time now! Don't know how I will use it, but at least it seems to work pretty well!

3. EvilTak

EvilTak

Happy that my asset helped you! If you have any suggestions or feedback please let me know so that I can improve the asset.

4. Grhyll

Grhyll

I have messed around a bit with it, I love the result on flat surface (compared for example to an old shader I have found, that had a blurry result). How is it supposed to act when two reflective surfaces are put one in front of the other? Sometimes it has strange results, like empty, or a white square for the other mirror.

5. Mauri

Mauri

You probably might want to update your description to avoid any confusion :) Realtime Reflections normally makes use of RenderToTexture and that's a "Pro only"-Feature. People running the Free version of Unity won't be able to use this.

6. EvilTak

EvilTak

Done!

7. EvilTak

EvilTak

For those of you (actually most of you) who wanted to use this package with Unity 5, the Unity 5 version with support for Reflection Probes and a fixed Planar Reflection shader has been submitted to the Asset Store. You should soon get the update.

Crossway and Lex4art like this.