Search Unity

[RELEASED] Easy Touch

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by Hedgehog-Team, May 8, 2012.

1. Hedgehog-Team

Hedgehog-Team

Hi,

Can you give me you user name on our forum

I want to use EasyTouch as my camera view rotation,When i enabled it, my joystick and button didnt work
    I don't really understand what you mean

How can i set EasyTouch to only detect half-to top area of my screen?
    You can't limit the zone of action EasyTouch, however you can test whether the position is in a zone.

Do you an example or diagram ?

2. wahyuway

wahyuway

I am sorry for my bad english.
    Nice, thanks for your suggestion. I can now use my camera script when i swipe on top area of my screen only.

My username the same as this forum.

3. Vilhelmus

Vilhelmus

Thanks Nicolas. Great support. I wasn't expecting it to be so simple.

4. Hedgehog-Team

Hedgehog-Team

Hi all,

EasyTouch 4 RC1 is available with EasyTouch 3.X on Unity AssetStore :http://u3d.as/2Uo

5. wahyuway

wahyuway

Hi nic, how can i set receiver gameobject programmatically? i am using js.

6. Hedgehog-Team

Hedgehog-Team

Hi

When you use Javascript, the messages are sent to the picked gameObject or on EasyTouch game if there isn't picked GameObject. However you can set an OtherRecevierObject in the inspector or by script with the static method SetOtherReceiverObject

EasyTouch.SetOtherReceiverObject( yourGameObject);

7. chaneya

chaneya

I was wondering if EasyTouch 4 will take into account different screen DPI when detecting Swipe. I did not see this mentioned in your list of features. EasyTouch 3.1 does not address this issue as far as I can tell.

The following link lays out the problems pretty well.
    http://answers.unity3d.com/questions/31012/how-to-account-for-various-screen-dpi.html

As an example, my current game uses EasyTouch 3.1. The default swipe event works great on an iPad 2. Try that same default on an iPhone 4 or HTC One (M8) and simply touching the screen fires a swipe event. This is because Unity uses Touch.deltaposition which is measured in pixels. You cover the same number of pixels with a one inch swipe on an iPad 2 that you do by just touching a iPhone 4, 5, 6, HTC One etc.

I used gesture.swipelength as a way to control when my swipe was fired but that's a cheap hack at best since new screen sizes with higher resolutions are constantly introduced.

Thanks
    Allan

8. Hedgehog-Team

Hedgehog-Team

Hi,

For EasyTouch 3.X
    The parameter Stationnary Tolerance is here for that.
    Andthe events event On_SwipeStart / On_Swipe / On_Swipe, that take into account this value.
    So you can calculate yourself your own "tolerance zone" and assign it to launch depending on the platform, with the static method SetStationnaryTolerance

For EasyTouch 4.X
    Several changes have already been made
    • EasyTouch 4 no longer uses Unity deltaPosition, but it calculates its own delta (because this delta was relative to platform not to the real delta)

• EasyTouch 4 have two detection modes
      • Tap : For a swipe is detected, the touch must be moving> parameter stationnary Tolerence. (The EasyTouch 3.X mode )
      • Slips : Do not take into account parameter stationnary Tolerence, but TouchPhase.Moved.
    I'm going to look at that , but I think I going to add a parameter to modify in realtime the stationnary Tolerance, not the other datas.

I invite you to update your EasyTouch, there are now 4 RC1 provided

Last edited: Jan 3, 2015
  9. Hedgehog-Team

Hedgehog-Team

Hi,

Check out the first video of EasyTouch Controls

EasyTouch Controls is 100% Unity UI and uses the new UI event classe. Several control are available: Joystick, DPad, TouchPad, Button

Each control has 3 methods of integration:
    - Direct : to move your object without a line of code
    - Event : to call existing method
    - By script : to migrate existing scripts

And much more ...

Available January 2015, It will be integrated with EasyTouch 4 replacing EasyJoystick and EasyButton and sold separately

wahyuway likes this.
  10. chaneya

chaneya

Thanks for the feedback on how 4.x handles swipe. Hopefully that will resolve the screen DPI issue.

I downloaded the new EasyTouch with 4 RC1 but I can't find instructions or even a recommendation regarding upgrading an existing project. The only information you have is a readme that says Create a new project and drop in EasyTouch4RC.

Can I upgrade my existing 3.1 project to 4 RC1? Should I delete the existing EasyTouch folder before unpackaging 4 RC1? If I unpackage 4 RC1 in the same project that currently uses 3.1, will they function side by side or will 4 RC1 overwrite 3.1?

Thanks for any guidance.

Allan

11. Hedgehog-Team

Hedgehog-Team

Hi,

EasyTouch 4 RC1 firing the same events as EasyTouch 3.X, so you have just remove you EasyTouch 3.X folder, and import the new one. (make a backup of your project before).

News events are available to interact with the new UI (look at examples), and gesture class have some news methods

But EasyTouch 4 no longer support reserved area (no need with the new UI), so you can't use EasyJoystick or EasyButton with it, they will be replace by EasyTouch Controls.

12. JakeTBear

JakeTBear

Hello, I bought EasyTouch a long time ago directly in your website, it seems that the package there never gets updated, is this the case? I will not be able to get your latest package if I bought it directly from you?

Edit: The version in the website says "3.0" but it seems the package you download still contains all the new stuff inside, what a relief :)

13. Hedgehog-Team

Hedgehog-Team

Hi,

We update the package, so that older buyers can get the updates by accessing their account. But shops being closed we don't update the description

14. Hedgehog-Team

Hedgehog-Team

15. Aurecon_Unity

Aurecon_Unity

Hi Hedgehog,

If I purchase Easytouch 3.x now, am I upgraded to 4.0 free of charge when it is released?

And can you confirm that the RC1 is bascially the 4.0 release apart from documentation?

I only want it for the 4.6 (new UI) features, so I'm not sure if I should hold off on 4.0 or just buy now.

I only want it for some very basic stuff - a joystick and trackpad for mobile. I'm assuming this plugin covers that plus a whole lot more?

Thanks

16. Hedgehog-Team

Hedgehog-Team

Hi,

Yes it is, all updates are free, even major revisions. (EasyTouch 4 RC1 (Release Candidate), and EasyTouch Controls) are already provided with EasyTouch 3.X

Yes, EasyTouch 4 RC1 is the 4.0 without documentation.

Yes, the bundle EasyTouch & EasyTouch Controls cover more than you ask. But Easy Touch Controls will also be sold separately

More detail on Easy Touch Controls here

17. Aurecon_Unity

Aurecon_Unity

Thanks Hedgehog.

Pardon my ignorance, but the link you sent doesn't really explain the difference between EasyTouch and EasyTouch Controls - I understand that if you buy EasyTouch it also comes with Controls, or you can buy Controls separately (when released).

I'm just not sure of the difference? Is Controls 100% geared towards the new UI, whereas EasyTouch is for legacy versions?

Thanks for your reply though - looks like you've got another customer!

18. Hedgehog-Team

Hedgehog-Team

Hi,

EasyTouch is a gesture manager that allow you to do action relative to a gesture (Tap, Double, Swipe, Pinch, Twist etc...), it manages multi-touch, auto selection, layer, multi camera etc ...

EasyTouch 4 RC1 web player

EasyTouch Controls is a virutal controller package, to do action relative to a joystick, button, dpad , touchpad.

19. DarkAnvil

DarkAnvil

Hi,

EasyTouch 4 gold release will be available in the comings days

Meanwhile a video of the new component EasyTouchTrigger

20. Hedgehog-Team

Hedgehog-Team

Kellyrayj and OnePxl like this.
  21. Goofy420

Goofy420

Great update. I have a question though.
    With the new even system, there's GetButtonDown but not GetButtonPress. Should I assume that GetButtonDown will handle press and down?
    Thanks in advance.

Edit; Nevermind, I see now, it's (GetButtonValue > "someTime") for press, correct?
    This is how I believe to handle it:
    if (ETCInput.GetButtonDown(ShootButton.name) || (ETCInput.GetButtonValue(RunButton.name) > 0.5f)) dostuff;

22. gegagome

gegagome

Hello there

What is the equivalent for SwipeType in 4.0?

I have a case of these and I don't know where the API for 4.0 is:
    EasyTouch.SwipeType.Left:

Thanks

23. Hedgehog-Team

Hedgehog-Team

Hi,

Goofy420
    I used the same syntax as Unity to ease the migration of a script using the Input class :

ETCInput.GetButton = Returns true while the button identified by buttonName is held down.
    ETCInput.GetButtonDown = Returns true during the frame the user pressed down the virtual button identified by buttonName.

GetButtonValue doesn't return the time presse, but the value of the button relative to his step value over the step.

Gegagome
    Oups, It's an oversight on my part in the documentation, SwipeType is replaced by SwipeDirection

Last edited: Jan 17, 2015
    RoyalCoder likes this.
  24. wahyuway

wahyuway

Hi, need some help.
    i updated the package,removed older EasyTouch 3.x folder, and imported the new one. But i still have error messages:

The name 'MovingJoystick' does not denote a valid type ('not found').

The name 'EasyButton' does not denote a valid type ('not found'). Did you mean 'Boo.Lang.Compiler.Ast.ExceptionHandler'?

How to fix this? thank you. (i am using JS in my script)

25. Hedgehog-Team

Hedgehog-Team

Hi Wahyuway,

EasyTouch 4 no longer support EasyJoystick & EasuButton. The errors you have, come from that.

The name 'MovingJoystick' does not denote a valid type ('not found').
    From what I see after you use the event mode.

* Remove your old joystick
    * Create a new joystick with EasyTouchControls
    * Setup your new joystick (if you use direct mode, with the old one)
    * You must change your functions so that they receive as parameter a Vector2. Then call them from the new event system

The name 'EasyButton' does not denote a valid type ('not found')
    You have to use the new button from EasyTouchControls, and proceed as for the joystick based on the technique you used to use the button

wahyuway likes this.
  26. BTStone

BTStone

Does this package work with Unity 4.3.X? We're developing our game for PS Vita and would like to test this plugin for touch-input.

27. Hedgehog-Team

Hedgehog-Team

Hi

The 4.X requiere Unity 4.6, but I can provide an older version for Unity 4.3 (You will not have all the features of the 4.X course...)

28. imtrobin

imtrobin

I updated to 4.0, it seems the simulation Swipe Key has issues. xample, on RTS Example, when I hold Left Control, the camera moves wildly. Happens on some other demos I tried.

29. Hedgehog-Team

Hedgehog-Team

I'll watch, I can reproduce the case, you must initiate movement and it is not 100%

30. imtrobin

imtrobin

Has the NGUI integration changed? The behavior seems different from previous v3.

31. Hedgehog-Team

Hedgehog-Team

Yes, there is a small modifcation, Only On_TouchStart event was considered for Ngui, now it's all events.

But that's why, I indicates that the migration of an ongoing project that doesn't require integration of the new UI isn't recommended.

I tried to do my best not to break anything. But sometimes we must also evolve.

32. mog-mog-mog

mog-mog-mog

Thank you Hedgegog team with their great support. Hedgehog team have helped me over skype call -
    1) Looked into my project
    2) Explained me the issue
    3) Suggested a solution

Once again, Easy touch is the best touch package and Support from Hedgehog team is more than awesome. Thank you

33. Hedgehog-Team

Hedgehog-Team

Thank you, we try to do our best.

Kellyrayj likes this.
  34. Arc_Blight

Arc_Blight

Hi Hedgehog Team, I had the same problem with NGUI integration in your newer version.
    If I set the Camera for both NGUI Layer and Picked Object Layer, I will have this null reference error:
    "EasyTouch.IsTouchOverNGui (Int32 touchIndex, Boolean isTwoFingers)"
    And if I removed both of the camera from your variable in the Inspector, the NGUI integration doesn't work.
    Meaning, when I clicked/swiped over an NGUI element with collider, it will still register the touch to the object behind in which the Layer is registered as a Picked Object.

Could you take a look at this issue? I need this to be resolved soon if possible. Thank you very much.

35. f1chris

f1chris

First, I love your new version 4. So well done.

I have two issues if someone can help me please.

1- I have 2 joysticks, Left (Horizontal/Vertical) and Right (Mouse X / Mouse Y). What's the most efficient way if when I move Left/Right from Left Joystick I want to send a Mouse X event as well to the right joystick ??

2- My game is already working with some keyboard commands.... how do I simulate by example a "R" key pressed from EasyTouch ??

thx very much in advance

36. angel_m

angel_m

The Dynamic option in Joystick is not working correctly. When enabled, the joystick does not work.

37. Hedgehog-Team

Hedgehog-Team

Hi all,

Arc_Blight
    On my way, the fixe will available in few hours.

f1christian
    1- I do not very well understand the meaning of your question, however, why want to send a mouse event to a virtual control?

2- The best way it's to use the input manager,

If (Input.GetKey("R")

by

if (ETCInput.GetAxisDown("axisName"))

Angel_m
    I need more explanation, because I don't have issue with dynamic joystick
    - Do you use USER_DEFINED area or preset area?
    - What is the behavior of the joystick ?

Last edited: Jan 26, 2015
  38. Hedgehog-Team

Hedgehog-Team

Hi all,

EasyTouch 4.0.1 is available

EasyTouch 4.0.1
    ===============================
    - NGUI compatibility mode works as EasyTouch 3.X
    - New parameter allow you to choose the double tap detection mode :
    By system : Double works as EasyTouch 3.X
    By time : Double tap is relative to a maximum time, On_Simple isn't firing during a double tap, but a delay is required before to send it.

39. imtrobin

imtrobin

Reporting spelling error, GetTouchToWordlPoint

40. Hedgehog-Team

Hedgehog-Team

Thank you imtrobin

41. angel_m

angel_m

This is with the FPS example and with preset area (Fullscreen).
    Simply the joystick set to Dynamic is not visible (as expected) but it does not work (no movement or rotation of camera).

42. Hedgehog-Team

Hedgehog-Team

Hi,

Thank you.

It's come that dynamic joystick isn't allow over a selectable UI Element, and on this example there a full is screen touch pad.
    But I found a bug if the joystick anchor isn't at the center in dynamic mod. I'm going to fixe this bug.

May be I can add a parameter to allow dynamic joystick on TouchPad

43. Hedgehog-Team

Hedgehog-Team

The bug seems more complicated, I correct it tonight.

Kellyrayj likes this.
  44. Hedgehog-Team

Hedgehog-Team

Hi,

Easy Touch Bundle 4.0.2 is in pending review

EasyTouch 4.0.2
    - fixe spelling error : GetTouchToWordlPoint to GetTouchToWorldPoint

EasyTouchContols 1.0.1
    - Dynamic joysticks no longer appears above a selectable UI element Ui and no staying sticky
    - Dynamic joysticks are placed at the forefront of canvas.
    - You can authorized a dynamic joystick above touchpad.
    - The button value is correctly reset to 0 after his release on over the time mode.

45. angel_m

angel_m

Thanks, it is fast support!

46. angel_m

angel_m

I have noticed that Input mode is very limited. In the FPS example If you destroy the player and reinstantiate again in game, commands like:
    ETCInput.GetButtonUp("Fire") from the script are not going to work anymore. Simply the button associated (in this example "Fire") is not working when pressed.
    Is it possible to reassign the buttons by script?

47. Hedgehog-Team

Hedgehog-Team

Hi angel_m

A another time, I need more information :)

The API isn't link to the player, so ETCInput.GetButtonUp for exemple always fired even if the player is detroy. But if you link a gameobject to an event, of course the reference will be broke. For me it is two different things Input manager & Events.

So in your case, ETCInput.GetButtonUp("Fire") always return false after you load a new player ?

Do you use a load scene to reset the player ?

Last edited: Jan 27, 2015
  48. angel_m

angel_m

For this case I am using Input manager not Events.
    When I instantiate a new player the "Fire" button (and any other button accessed by script with Input manager) is not working anymore so it always return false. It is strange.
    I use Instantiate to create a new player (in the same scene, I destroy the old player and instantiate a new one).

You can reproduce this in your FPS example.

49. Hedgehog-Team

Hedgehog-Team

I'm sorry, I can't reproduce the case. Can you create a simple example a send me your package ?

Do you have warning or error like "EVCInput control : New Button already exist" ?

50. angel_m

angel_m

I don't receive any warning or error because the EasyTouchControlsCanvas is also destroyed with the palyer and reinstantiated again with the new player.
    You can reproduce the case if you assign a key press to destroy the player and the EasyTouchControlsCanvas and another key press to instantiate them again. Once reinstantiated the new player and the new EasyTouchControlsCanvas, the buttons using Input manager like "Fire" and "Reload" don't work anymore.