Search Unity

[RELEASED] Easy Touch

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by Hedgehog-Team, May 8, 2012.

1. Keitaro3660

Keitaro3660

my username is Keitaro3660 too.
    hmm... maybe i copied wrong invoice. i will PM you the right one then.
    sorry :)

2. Hedgehog-Team

Hedgehog-Team

I don't have this user, it must have already been rejected (look at your spam box). Can you register a new account.

Thank you for your understanding

3. Keitaro3660

Keitaro3660

looks like it got approved already :D
    because there's no confirmation email, i though you haven't approe it :D
    okay thanks :D

4. kilik128

kilik128

Hi i need know easyTouch have plan for use Canvas in 4.6

i have trouble for set easybouton in versus On_TouchDown
    need to On_TouchDown not working when i push button

5. meapps

meapps

you can use an EventTrigger and then call a public function etc...

6. Hedgehog-Team

Hedgehog-Team

Hi kilik,

Work on the 4.6 and EasyTouch will begin next week, I could say more at this time.

Can you describe what's happening exactly ?

How do you use EasyButton , C# + event, Direct Mode?

7. Egidijus1231

Egidijus1231

Hi! :)
    We tried the EasyTouch and run the demo scene called MultipleFingers.
    I compiled to Android and Windows Phone 8 and on both devices swipe dont work. When I tap on device the circle is instantiated and when i swipe finger it dont move, just stay in place.
    Tried Unity Editor everything works and also in Unity Remote Android App everything work perfectly.
    Any Ideas? :(

8. DarkAnvil

DarkAnvil

Hi

Don't forget to remove Unity Remote flag on inspector before to compile for final device

9. Egidijus1231

Egidijus1231

Removed flag :) but still working in Unity Remote without it and dont work on device :D wuuut

10. Hedgehog-Team

Hedgehog-Team

It's very strange, can you post a screenshot of EasyTouch inspector please

11. Egidijus1231

Egidijus1231

12. Hedgehog-Team

Hedgehog-Team

Do you have the same issue with one finger and two finger example ?

13. Egidijus1231

Egidijus1231

Just a minute ago tried one finger example demo scene on WP8, and it works. But my scene still not working..
    Sent you private message.
    Thanks for fast replies!

14. Game-Whiz

Game-Whiz

I did a quick hack to support uGUI for now. In IsTouchHoverNgui, before the return:

returnValue |= EventSystem.current.IsPointerOverGameObject();

Then just enable NGui testing in Easy Touch and it'll also test for uGUI. Hacky, but it works for now ;).

15. Hedgehog-Team

Hedgehog-Team

Hi all,

Game Whiz
    Good

Egidijus
    I have received your MP, I will test your example tonight

16. Hedgehog-Team

Hedgehog-Team

For Egidijus
    I tested your example, all message are properly sent by EasyTouch,and received by your script.

But you forgot a line of code, you do not repositionez your object during drag.

Code (CSharp):
    1.     void On_Drag(Gesture gesture){
    3.         if (gesture.pickObject == gameObject){
    4.             Vector3 position = gesture.GetTouchToWordlPoint(8);
    5.             rigidbody.position = position; // The new line
    6.         }
    8.     }

17. DarkAnvil

DarkAnvil

18. Hedgehog-Team

Hedgehog-Team

Hi all,

A new update is available on Asset Store 3.1.9
    /// EasyTouch V3.1.9 October 2014
    /// =================================
    ///
    /// * Bugs fixed
    /// ------------
    /// - Fix sticking dynamic joystick when you touch GUI panel with a second finger.

AND

Work on the next big update of EasyTouch will begin. (Unity 4.6 & 5.X)

I invite you to tell us what features you would wish, on this topic :
    http://www.blitz3dfr.com/teamtalk/index.php?board=13.0

19. jocyf

jocyf

Hi,
    I'm using Easytouch for a while and i always have the same problem: Using a joystick and some buttons and the buttons doesn't detect the On_ButtonDown properly when moving the joycstick around. Isf I dot touch the joystick the buttons events work perfecly fine.

All the Elements use the same camera and layer and all is set to event mode (both joystick and buttons) all use the same layer.

I tried creating different layers for the joystick and the buttons, mapping two cameras to each layer and setting the cameras in the EasyTouch; it does't work. Using a separate camera for all the elements with the same layer in all of them doesn't do the trick either.

I'm using the last version downloaded from the asset store; no luck so far.

20. Hedgehog-Team

Hedgehog-Team

Hi Jocyf,

Do you have the same issue with button example ?
    What method do you use (event / Include, Specific method)?

21. jocyf

jocyf

Yes, in the button example it happens too. The fire button works fine if I dont touch the joystick, but if I move it the player doesn't instatiate anything and -sometimes- the joystick reset itself to the origin position.
    (Using Unity 4.5.3 - Android).

The joystick uses EventNotification and the buttons (there are 4) use Event.
    I'm using the events: On_ButtonDown, On_ButtonUp, etc.. for the buttons and On_JoystickMove, On_JoystickMoveEnd for the Joystick.

22. DarkAnvil

DarkAnvil

Ok, because I don't have this issue on IPAD & Nexus 7. What is your device ?

Last edited: Oct 14, 2014
  23. Hedgehog-Team

Hedgehog-Team

Jocyf,

I don't have this issue on IPAD & Nexus 7. What is your device and your android version ?

24. jocyf

jocyf

Android 4.0.4.
    Model : Bq Aquaris 4.5--> http://www.bqreaders.com/es/productos/aquaris.html

Edit: I can confirm that is only happening to me. I ask other indie programmer that use your asset and he tested EasyTouch in different devices without any problem.

Last edited: Oct 15, 2014
  25. Green-Jungle

Green-Jungle

Hello everyone .I have a problem when use easy touch OnTouchStart() to Jump.
    I used touch on screen to jump.But now i want to make a button of NGUI to shot.
    But when I touch on shot button then touch screen simultaneously is active.and that make Player jump .Can someone help me? thank you so much!

26. Hedgehog-Team

Hedgehog-Team

Hi all,

Jocyf
    Do you have the possibility to test on another device?
    Do you have the same issue with two finger example ?

Green Jungle
    Do you have enable NGUI compatibilty in the inspector ?

27. OceanBlue

OceanBlue

Hi Hedgehog (or anyone else who can help)

Was taking a look at your one finger drag example code, and was wondering if you could advise.

I need to be able to drag my object to set positions along the x axis. Eg position.y could equal -10, 5, 0, 5 10.

Note that the object will be using -1 gravity to move up the screen at the same time. So, as it's moving up, I want to be able to drag it left or right (it doesn't matter if it doesn't move up at the same time as the drag, so long as it continues moving with gravity after the drag is complete)

If the user taps the same object, I use TouchStart to rotate the object, so i don't want that touch to interfere with the touch on drag. How can I also avoid that?

Thanks for the advice.

Last edited: Oct 16, 2014
  28. Game-Whiz

Game-Whiz

I'm creating an interface where I'll need pinch and twist working simultaneously. The included example clearly separates pinch and twist, which typically doesn't happen in an application.

Therefore in On_PinchIn/Out I tried to infer whether this was a pinch, by looking at the finger distance and also at the twist angle. If the finger distance varied and the twist angle didn't vary a lot, I could infer the intended gesture was a pinch. Then, looking at your code, I discovered that you're not sending the angle for pinch events and not sending the delta pitch for twist events.

Could you please include the TwistAngle in pinch events and the deltaPinch in twist events in the next release? Right now, as is, I'm not seeing a way to dynamically decide whether a gesture is a pinch or a twist, in On_Pinch. I've changed your code to include these changes, but I don't want to keep on changing it whenever there are new releases, and this change doesn't seem to have an impact on other code.

Last edited: Oct 16, 2014
  29. Hedgehog-Team

Hedgehog-Team

Hi ,

OceanBlue
    I don't understand because I don't use gravity on one single example. On_TouchStart occurs when you touch the screen , but at this time I don't know what is the future gesture.

You can manage On_TouchStart and On_Drag on same object. To detect Drag, you have On_DragStart.

GameWhiz
    You have image manipulation example where there is pinch and twist at the same time. I can't include TwistAngle on pinch event because the angle always equal to 180 on a pinch gesture...

The 2 gestures are separated, with their own event.

Look at the documentation:
    On_Twist( Gesture gesture)
    Occurs when a twist gesture start
    On_TwistEnd( Gesture gesture)
    Occurs as the twist gesture is active.
    On_PinchIn( Gesture gesture)
    Occurs as the twist in gesture is active.
    On_PinchOut( Gesture gesture)
    Occurs as the pinch out gesture is active.
    On_PinchEnd( Gesture gesture)
    Occurs when the 2 fingers that raise the pinch event , are lifted from the screen.

30. Game-Whiz

Game-Whiz

Thanks, I got it. The image manipulation example is just what I needed.

31. Walack

Walack

Hi, I found a problem with the EasyButton. If I leave the button while pressing it (both, mobile (Android) and PC with mouse) the mouse UP never fires because I never did release the mouse over the button. Is there any quick fix to avoid that like an onmouseout ?

Thanks.

32. DarkAnvil

DarkAnvil

Hi,

Yes, this is normal because the up occurs when the release it's over the button.

If you want an up when you release it is outside the button you must enable : Swipe Out on the inspector

33. Green-Jungle

Green-Jungle

Hi Hedgehog.as you say i also enable NGUI compatibilty in the inspector but it doesn't work.when click on button NGUI player still jump because touch screen also enable

Attached Files:

34. Walack

Walack

Thanks. Swapout behaves detecting the buttonup even if you are outside the button but is there a way to treat the swipeout as a buttonup (i.e. is there a on_swipeout)?

Thanks.

35. Walack

Walack

Another question, does the full version requires internet connection? I know the free requires it for the watermark but would like to know if exporting to android an app made with easytouch full would require internet access.

36. Hedgehog-Team

Hedgehog-Team

Hi all,

Green Jungle
    When you enables NGUI, there isn't event message from EasyTouch. EasyButton uses EasyTouch event. So I'm thinking there is something wrong on your setup. Do you have a skype account ?

Walack
    The full version doesn't requires connection

37. maninel

maninel

Hi,

is there any reason why I can't change dynamic joystick to a "static" one and vice versa when the application is already playing? I was thinking of having some kind of settings menu where user can select which joystick style suits her most.. But it seems that dynamicJoystick property is impossible to change when the application is already running. Is there some workaround for that maybe?

thanks

38. Hedgehog-Team

Hedgehog-Team

Hi,

Yes, it is blocked for the moment. Being able to change this mode will cause the dynamic modification of the reserved areas EasyTouch else who was initialized at runtime (Good development for a future release).

A workaround need to modify EasyJoystick script

39. wangcy974

wangcy974

I want to use Joystick, and there are also some codes in event "On_Drag", when I use the Joystick to control the player, I do not want to trigger the "On_Drag" event, How can I do ?

40. DarkAnvil

DarkAnvil

Hi,

EasyJoystick uses EasyTouch events, so it isn't possible to not trigger On_Drag On_Swipe event.

BUT you can know if the current gesture is hover a joystick or a button, with member isHoverReservedArea of Gesture classe.
    For your need you have to test this boolean.

Look at multilayer example

41. mog-mog-mog

mog-mog-mog

I want to use Easytouch for PhotoEditing - Drag/Twist/Rotate functionality. Does it support unity 4.6?

42. Hedgehog-Team

Hedgehog-Team

Hi,

Yes it is, there is an example that do what you want,and un update will be made to support new GUI for EasyJoystick / EasyButton.

Look at image manipulation example
    http://www.blitz3dfr.com/WB/ET3/wp.html

43. mog-mog-mog

mog-mog-mog

Image manipulation does not work in u4.6 - on an image object with Rect Transform under canvas.

Do you plan to update Image Manipulation example to work for u4.6 Image as well?

u 4.6 supports drag by default, it lack Twist-zoom and Rotate functionality.

44. Hedgehog-Team

Hedgehog-Team

Hi,

It's working fine for me, with out change anything!

Off course, if you modify the example with canvas, because the example doesn't manage new canvas classe...

"u 4.6 supports drag by default,"
    Be careful not to confuse the new 4.6 related to the new GUI and the general operation of EasyTouch. Drag under EasyTouch isn't only restricted to items of GUI, but also with objects.

Yes off, course an update will be released after the officiel 4.6 release.

45. mog-mog-mog

mog-mog-mog

Yes, you are correct. I am trying to manipulate an Image with Rect Transform.

It is working fine if I use normal GameObject with Sprite and use auto-pick layer in easy touch for dragging. Do you plan to support this for UnityEngine.UI.Image(instead of sprite object) as well?

46. luniac

luniac

What if i want to be able to touch anywhere on an empty screen and have the position of the tap sent to a gameobject located elsewhere. How would i do that since im clicking on empty space instead of the object itself. Something like Inpuit.getmousebutton(0), which gets information from anywhere on the screen.

I have a function in update() on a 2D object which rotates it in the direction of a mouse click on screen(and updates the position continously as long as mouse button is held down:

function moveOnMouseDown(){ //default position face upwards
    if(Input.GetMouseButton(0) && !touching && !paused){
    mousePos = Input.mousePosition;
    mousePos.z = -Camera.main.transform.position.z; //The distance from the camera to screen
    lookPos = Camera.main.ScreenToWorldPoint(mousePos);
    lookPos = lookPos - ch_transform.position;
    // Debug.Log(lookPos + " " + (mousePos - transform.position));
    angle = Mathf.Atan2(lookPos.y, lookPos.x) * Mathf.Rad2Deg;
    angle -= 90;
    ch_transform.rotation = Quaternion.AngleAxis(angle, Vector3.forward);
    }
    }

How would i use easytouch to recreate this using touches?
    I use UnityScript, i find that the code looks clean when compared to C#.

47. Hedgehog-Team

Hedgehog-Team

Hi,

LilboyLost
    Yes, but you can already update the example to work with rect transform, because EasyTouch doesn't interact with transform, it only sents event...

Luniac
    EasyTouch works with events, it notifies you of actions you do on the touch screen or mouse.

Each event is sent with the parameter which is class, which contains all the informations on the current gesture (position, duration, affected object ... etc)

You can redo your code with EasyTouch, but not in the Update callback, but in the event functions.

48. Hedgehog-Team

Hedgehog-Team

Hi,

A new version is available on assetstore

/// EasyTouch V3.1.10 November 2014
    /// =================================
    /// * Bugs fixed
    /// -----------
    /// Fixe Joystick dynamic resizing & positionning

49. Hedgehog-Team

Hedgehog-Team

Hi,

Some feedback on tests 4.6 & 5.x new GUI

Creating wysiwyg allows incredible flexibility, and tremendous opportunity, but unlike this flexibility becomes a real handicap for scripting, to the fact the number of necessary component is very important.

Each update of the beta makes obselete functional code from the previous version, for example, the simple act of ray casting against an UI element becomes a nightmare...

I'm a little disappointed, operating heavy script by all spoil the benefit of wysiwyg. Ngui still a good day ahead.

I'll wait for the official release, because spending time to see his work no longer work, or simply to replace a new feature gets tiring.

50. mthicke2

mthicke2

Is it possible to be moving the joystick and press the button at the same time? (I'm considering purchasing and haven't tried it yet)