Search Unity

[RELEASED] Easy Dropbox API for Unity Android / iOS

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by CarlosFM, Feb 26, 2014.

1. CarlosFM

CarlosFM

Easy Dropbox API

Hi all,

$Easy Dropbox API_icon.png

I'm pleased to announce that my latest plugin has been accepted into the Asset Store!

Easy Dropbox API is a plugin that gives access to various Dropbox APIs from any of your iOS and Android Unity projects.

On its current version (v1.00) it offers the Datastore API (for both iOS and Android) and the Sync API (Android only). Following a series of incremental releases, it will eventually include the Sync and Datastore Dropbox APIs for iOS and Android Unity projects.

With the Datastore API, structured data like contacts, to-do items, and game state can be synced effortlessly. Datastores support multiple platforms, offline access, and automatic conflict resolution.

The Sync API takes care of syncing and notifying you of remote changes so your app can respond instantly. It also handles caching, network flakiness, and offline logic so you don't have to.

Take advantage of the super-discounted initial price and get Dropbox for your Unity apps now!

$Easy Dropbox API.jpg

Please find the guide that comes with the package attached for further reference.

View attachment $Easy Dropbox API v1.00.pdf

Cheers and good coding!

Last edited: Feb 26, 2014
  2. EmeralLotus

EmeralLotus

Cool project,

Can it store unity .asset files (mesh, artwork) or only very small bits of info ?

Also will this also support web player? desktop, winRt?

Edit: I'm basically looking at DropBox to be used as a data store for the game. So I would like it to work from anywhere that unity player runs on.

3. CarlosFM

CarlosFM

Hi rocki,

You can store any permitted type (depending on the permissions set up by your app in the Dropbox Console) with virtually no limit -just your Dropbox max capacity.

So far we support Android (Datastore API and Sync API) and iOS (Datastore only; Sync coming soon), but we have plans to extend it to Web players and standalone binaries (Win and Mac).

Cheers

Edit: it seems you can actually write any type in the Apps folder. The limitation in the link above is only to access the user's dropbox account from your app -but if it's your app the one creating the file, then there is no limit!

Last edited: Feb 26, 2014
  4. EmeralLotus

EmeralLotus

[h=2]App permissions[/h]When you start building an app on the Dropbox Platform, you'll need to create a Dropbox app in the App Console. As part of the process, you'll need to choose the right permission for the job. Your app's permission (sometimes referred to as access type) determines what data your app can access in a user's Dropbox.

From the link: If I register my app for "Full Dropbox" permission, then the below applies ? Even for the case where I did not create the file?
    [h=4]Full Dropbox[/h]You get full access to all the files and folders in a user's Dropbox, as well as permission to read and write datastores using the Datastore API.

5. CarlosFM

CarlosFM

Unfortunately Sync API does not support full Dropbox permission.

You can still create files, read them, but restricted to a folder created for your app, not to the entire user's dropbox. You can always create/read Datastores.

6. Carpet_Head

Carpet_Head

Are there any plans to support Sync API on iOS?