Search Unity

[RELEASED] Delicious Sweets Candies - 2D illustrated icons by Pixel Stash

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by pixelstash, Oct 13, 2014.

1. pixelstash

pixelstash

We are very proud to have our first asset package approved into the Unity Asset Store.

The Delicious Sweets Candies package comes up with 25 illustrated icons in 2D of some of our favorite sweets and candies.

Usage:
    It can be used in different projects/games like: puzzle game, match tree game, time/city management game and also as collectible and unlockable itens.

Features:
    -25 icons 256x256 in .PNG
    -25 icons 256x256 with stroke in .PNG
    -1 .PSD file containg all 25 icons for customization

As a sample of our 2D illustration we set the price for this currently package for free. Check it out!

Hope you enjoy! Your feedback is very important. So feel free to ask and comment what could be interesting to bring to the store as well.

Thanks!

Last edited: Oct 27, 2014
  2. pixelstash

pixelstash

Hello all,

Within a month we got 60 downloads of the Delicious Sweets Candies package! For us it is a great beginning here in the Unity Asset Store. :)

But I was wondering... for those who downloaded, does this package was usefull for you guys? Anything to add or improve?

We'll soon be releasing another package and for us it means a lot your feedback to keep improving our work. So leave your thoughts in the comments below! Thanks!

3. Gekigengar

Gekigengar

Why are you so kind to give this to us for free?

The quality of these icons are amazing..

Keep up the good work~

Can this be used for commercial purposes?
    Are credits necessary for usage?

pixelstash likes this.
  4. pixelstash

pixelstash

Hello @Gekigengar,

Thanks a lot for the feedback! As this is our first package launched here in the Unit Asset Store I thought setting for free it could be a good way to introduce our illustration with the community! But also to receive feedbacks and suggestions of what could be interesting to bring to the store.

By using for commercial purpose, what do you mean exactly? Like selling t-shirts and other stuffs? Well, I know there are some legal agreement about the usage of the assets within the Unity. I was checking the legal provider agreement and found this, I think it might help you:

2. END-USER'S RIGHTS AND OBLIGATIONS

Licensor grants to the END-USER a non-exclusive, worldwide, and perpetual license to the Asset to integrate Assets only as incorporated and embedded components of electronic games and interactive media and distribute such electronic game and interactive media. Except for game services software development kits (“Services SDKs”), END-USERS may modify Assets. END-USER may otherwise not reproduce, distribute, sublicense, rent, lease or lend the Assets. It is emphasized that the END-USERS shall not be entitled to distribute or transfer in any way (including, without, limitation by way of sublicense) the Assets in any other way than as integrated components of electronic games and interactive media. Without limitation of the foregoing it is emphasized that END-USER shall not be entitled to share the costs related to purchasing an Asset and then let any third party that has contributed to such purchase use such Asset (forum pooling).

5. Gekigengar

Gekigengar

Hmm, sadly I have no idea what I might use Sprites as for now.

I wish Pixel stash would be a huge success!

I am thinking animated 2d sprites such as rotating gold coins, fireballs, and such might be interesting for use.

I actually worry for the number of users that might buy the asset, as it is not clear in what kind of style and perspective might the rest of their project be.
    (Such as a top-down shooter, sidescrolling rpg, etc.) (The diversity is a bit too high to target the right market!)

I suggest a request job instead in the forum.
    Such as making paid 2D sprite assets for a certain project they needed.

This is just my thoughts, good luck!

pixelstash likes this.
  6. pixelstash

pixelstash

Hi @Gekigengar, you are completely right! I understand what you meant and I agree with.

The assets market (talking more specifically about illustration for games) is too wide and buying one package may not fulfill all the needs for one project. But at this point we are very flexible for custom orders and job offers for specifics projects.

For the first package I thought it was interesting to bring something more generic that could be used in different projects. Compose scenarios, collectible itens, pieces for a match tree game, etc.

Thanks! Much appreciated for your thoughts. Certainly it will help us to keep improving our work here!