Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

[RELEASED] Compound Collider Generator: Concave colliders made easy!

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by Deleted User, May 17, 2016.

1. Deleted User

Deleted User

Update 6/10/2016: Version 1.1 is released! Now featuring Barrel and Bowl-shape generators!

Compound Colldier Generator

http://u3d.as/tjD

Concave colliders made easy!

Compound Collider Generator (CCG) is a tool that makes creation of collider meshes for complex, concave shapes easier. Using the Unity feature of Compound Colliders, CCG automatically creates child objects with Collider components on your selected GameObject.

Compound colliders allow you to createconcave collision meshes for your dynamic Rigidbody objects, a feature not possible when using concave MeshColliders. Compound colliders also typically give better performance than MeshCollider objects andbetter reliability.

Currently CCG can create compound collider shapes for:
     • Rings
     • Bowls / Bubbles
     • Barrels
     • Open Boxes

For additional information on Unity's Compound Colliders feature, see the official Unity Manual page
    ______________________________________________________________________________

This thread is for technical support, feedback, and feature requests.

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 10, 2016
    theANMATOR2b likes this.
  2. Deleted User

Deleted User

Updated OP with version 1.1 information.

3. gecko

gecko

Thanks much for this utility. It's working for me, but I have one problem, not sure if you can help with it or not: I have a ball land in a parabolic dish, and then the dish tilts to dump the ball out. The compound colliders work when the ball lands on the dish, but when the dish tilts, the ball falls through the colliders. Any idea why, or how to make that work?

4. Deleted User

Deleted User

Could you post a screenshot of your ball/dish setup and the inspector view of the ball's Rigidbody component? Alternatively if you could upload a small example project where you can recreate the issue that would be very helpful.

5. sgower

sgower

Hi Kyle, this looks great. Unfortunately I already paid (I believe $45) for the Concave Collider asset. But I think yours might have some advantages because there are some objects that don't seem to work with the asset I have.
    Can I buy this asset and then return for a refund if I don't end up using it? I've spent some much money on assets already and can't afford to spend money on assets I'm not going to use. I do think chances are quite good that I'll be happy with this based upon the video I watch of it in action. Let me know, thanks!

6. Deleted User

Deleted User

Could you provide me with an example of what kind of meshes you're trying to generate colliders for? My tool is best suited for certain concave forms similar to the ones seen in the demo video and if you're trying to generate colliders for very different kinds of objects it may not be what you are looking for.

If you could share a screenshot I think I could give you a good idea of if it would work for your use case.

Thanks!,
    Kyle

7. cameron_oltmann

cameron_oltmann

The shapes already in this are great. Any chance of getting settings for pipes? I'm thinking 90 degree / u bend etc.

Deleted User likes this.
  8. Deleted User

Deleted User

I'm glad you enjoy the available shapes! I had never considered angled pipes before - I am working on a new shader asset right now but I think I could definitely look into adding pipes to CCG in the future. Thanks for the suggestion!

9. cameron_oltmann

cameron_oltmann

Awesome! Let me know if you need a guinea pig. :)

Deleted User likes this.
  10. Franxis12

Franxis12

Hello I bought this asset and when I press Open in Unity nothing happens that I can do fghfghf.png

11. Deleted User

Deleted User

If you are using Google Chrome browser then you should see a popup like this:

upload_2020-10-26_13-20-12.png
    You will need to click the "Open Unity Editor" button to proceed. You may also need to have Unity open in the background.