Search Unity

[RELEASED] Code-Free Tile Transitions -- Essential for 2D Development! (Smooth Tiles 2D)

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by DugelStudios, Jan 1, 2016.

1. DugelStudios

DugelStudios

Smooth Tiles 2D
    2D Tile Transitions
    Smooth Tiles2D is a must have asset for any 2D game developers. It is easy to use, optimized for performance, and highly customizable to achieve any desired effect. Perfect for top down shooters or 2D platformers!

What is Smooth Tiles 2D?
    Smooth Tiles 2D is code-free tile transitioning solution for any 2D game. It modernizes 2d games by creating a transition from one tile sprite to another. No longer do you have to stare at harsh edges between sprites when the biomes collide or the scenery changes. With Smooth Tiles 2D, sprites can merge together to form a seamless transition.

Features:
    -Easy Integration
    -Over 45 Transitions
    -Dynamic Mode
    -Alpha and length Randomizer
    -Public Functions
    -Topdown & side scrolling perspective support
    -Easy optimization options
    -Loads of customization
    -Fully documented
    -Commented, editable code
    -Color support
    -Easy to use
    -Updated Frequently!

Within minutes of importing you should have Smooth Tiles 2D already implemented in your game!

Any comments are welcome. For technical questions, suggestions to improve this asset, or bug reports you can send me a DM or reply on this thread.

Last edited: Jan 3, 2016
    theANMATOR2b likes this.
  2. DugelStudios

DugelStudios

More Screenshots:

New update coming soon!

3. DugelStudios

DugelStudios

4. DugelStudios

DugelStudios

5. manpower13

manpower13

Hi there,

Looks pretty nice!
    I was wondering if it also works with 3d and a grid of planes with materials? Instead of sprites, like in your video, I have a grid of simple planes and every plane can have his own material and texture. Would it be possible to use your scripts in this case?

Anyway, good job :)

6. DugelStudios

DugelStudios

Sorry, but I don't think it will work with planes. The script needs to reference SpriteRenderer and Boxcollider2D in order for it to work. Im planing on adding plane support in the future. Also, thank you!

manpower13 likes this.
  7. dayero

dayero

I really like the idea of this asset, but as far as i can tell it won't work with any tiling system i know. They all combine the colliders of adjacent tiles and/or work with single tile set / tile map objects instead of indidual tile objects.

8. DugelStudios

DugelStudios

Correct. A possible work around is too build your map with your regular tiling system, and then on the tiles you want a transition between you can place an empty GameObject over the tiles. Then, you can add the SmoothTiles2D script and it will work like normal. The only disadvantages to this is 1) could be tedious placing the GameObjects over the transitions, and 2) It may slow performance if you have a huge map.

9. DugelStudios

DugelStudios

New update just got accepted; bug fixes, patches, and also price drop!
    Get it at: http://u3d.as/mr1

10. DugelStudios

DugelStudios

New update coming soon... Stay tuned :)

11. raiden

raiden

Is this asset still being supported? Anyone know how to contact the developer of this asset? No email, link to documentation down, link to web site down. Any ideas?