Search Unity

[RELEASED] Cinematic Gameplay - Asset Store

Discussion in 'Made With Unity' started by mamoniem, Feb 15, 2015.

1. mamoniem

mamoniem

Cinematic Gameplay
    Hey everyone, It'm me back again :D

Today's candy is different, it is a tool in fact; not a game. The cinematic gameplay tool started as a small tool to change the camera size over time, and it took several changes since then. I used it with lots of products for my own, clients or dev-teams. And recently Iw as using it with one of my personla projects where I evolved and pushed it more further.

The tool now is out on the Assetstore; and with it's current status The Cinematic Gameplay tool allows you to add dynamic camera movements based on triggering areas.

No matter which game genre you are building, as long as there is camera rendering the level, the cinematic camera movements will add a different feeling to the gameplay, starting from full 3d, 2.5d or even 2d games.

With all the embedded functionalities in the cinematic gameplay tool, you will be able to:
    • Add dynamic camera movements on runtime.
    • Use the previewer to watch without entering the game mode.
    • Use endless number of cinematic triggers.
    • Full C# source, to make it easy to beginners to study it and to professionals to customize it.
    • Optimized for the best performance to fit all the supported platforms by Unity.
    • Full control on the generated animations, and it's duration.
    • Working with Perspective and Orthographic cameras.
    • Control over the camera view size per area.

V1.1:
    • Feature:: Presets manager to Add, Save, Edit, remove and Apply presets.
    • Feature:: Controllers for the key tangents (EaseInOut or Linear).
    • Feature:: Multi trigger Object, the user can define n array of objects that can possibly trigger this cinematic camera animation.
    • Feature:: Can Exit to the exit animation after a defined amount of time
    • Fix:: Throwing lots of errors while opening Unity and the CGP window was documented before.
    • Fix:: Open the CGP window in a reasonable place, not showing it outside the screen borders anymore.
    • Update:: Add all the cinematic tools inside it's own menu (not anymore initialized from the "Window" menu).

The AssetStore Link

-m

Last edited: Feb 26, 2015
    Kos-Dvornik likes this.
  2. mamoniem

mamoniem

Update:
    - Only one bug have been reported so far, it is related to displaying a blank window when relaunching Unity. The way around it is by relaunching the CGP window it self by opening new one from the "Window" menu. The bug-fix is going to be out ASAP with the coming version.

-m

3. SAOTA

SAOTA

This is amazing. Thanks for sharing this.

4. blueivy

blueivy

First off, great asset! My question is what if I wanted to have dynamic camera movement based on events like picking up a gun, or talking to a npc? Is that possible?

5. RandAlThor

RandAlThor

Can i use this with an asset from the store that is written in jscript and if so how?

Oh also, can it automatic come back to the normal camera after a time that i choose? For example after 2,5 seconds. Or can i use it together with an enemy so when i hit the trigger it comes to the new camera position and then the enemy is coming and when he hits a trigger it goes back to the normal camera or a third camera?

6. mamoniem

mamoniem

It is all based on triggers right now. And you can do both he situations with triggers :
    • Attach a Cinematic trigger with the pickup item "weapon"
    • Attach a cinematic trigger to the NPC and Mark "Exit to normal" as true, and that will end the animation when the player get the control again after the NPC dialogue ends.
    -m

Last edited: Feb 21, 2015
  7. mamoniem

mamoniem

I guess you shoot the questions on the youtube. But I think it will be better to keep the answer here for further users's queries :)
    1. There is no reason to have conflict. As the CGP will be working independently and all it's functions auto triggered (you don't have to call it by scripts and this is the main reason of creating the tool, to make something free scripting and put it all on the design phase).
    2. The timing feature is one of the new features on the coming version. but the enemy one still not on my radar, but i think it ill be cool to have multi triggering object ;)
    -m

Last edited: Feb 21, 2015
  8. mamoniem

mamoniem

V1.1 have been submitted, be ready for it :)

-m

blueivy likes this.
  9. mamoniem

mamoniem

V1.1 is out:

*Features::
    • Presets manager to Add, Save, Edit, remove and Apply presets.
    • Controllers for the key tangents (EaseInOut or Linear).
    • Multi trigger Object, the user can define n array of objects that can possibly trigger this cinematic camera animation.
    • Can Exit to the exit animation after a defined amount of time.
    *Fixes::
    • Throwing lots of errors while opening Unity and the CGP window was documented before.
    • Open the CGP window in a reasonable place, not showing it outside the screen borders anymore.
    *Updates::
    • Add all the cinematic tools inside it's own menu (not anymore initialized from the "Window" menu).
    -m

blueivy likes this.
  10. maximilan267

maximilan267

Hi, I buy your asset. It works fine in windows, but do not run in android. My game is running in android. Can you help me to fix it to Play on android devices? Thanks alot.

11. mamoniem

mamoniem

I answered you PM, which is basically the same as here :D

-m

12. maximilan267

maximilan267

Hi, I buy Cinematic Gameplay. It is very good but not run in android. Can you Help me to run it on android devices?

13. mamoniem

mamoniem

Sent you the quick fix, or you can wait for 1.4 to be accepted by UnityTechnologies :)

-m

14. maximilan267

maximilan267

Thanks alot for your quick replay. Now my game run in android ok.
    Thanks again mamoniem. It's awsome.

15. mamoniem

mamoniem

Welcome :)

Don't forget to rate the tool or write a review for it on the store wall :)

-m

16. djgriff

djgriff

Hey Mamoniem,

Looks awesome and will get it shortly.. Just a tip following on from our twitter conversation, It is hard to locate the forum and any support on the Unity page also web page. Might be worth placing the forum link on the asset page and also an email address for support/questions, as for me it looked like it was a dead asset.

Will be purchasing when i get my pay cheque!

Best

Daniel

Last edited: Nov 11, 2015
  17. zenGarden

zenGarden

Can some Namco Crisis like game be made using this asset ?
    -The camera moving and rotating along a path with some ennemies spawning
    -The camera stop at some points before moving again.
    - Detect where the camera is and do game logic and control camera stop/resume path follow

18. djgriff

djgriff

Hi can you specify multiple waypoint in transitions?

19. djgriff

djgriff

Hi just bought your asset but doesnt seem to work.. Have followed your tutorial video yet doesn't set any cords with video or the new camera cords.. Also the 'Delete memory saved data' completed removes all data from unity including startup projects and then throws an error that can be fixed until you crash unity and restart.. running latest version of unity 5.2.3f1.

also the prepare camera doesn't.

Also tried inserting custom cords but nothing activating.. I have set the player as the trigger but no joy.

EDIT: Tried it on a clean project and seem to setup camera but the trigger stuff doesn't seem to work.. Move the camera to one spot regardless of the settings entered via buttons/manually also the field of of view gets changed to 0.

Cheers

Daniel

Last edited: Dec 6, 2015
  20. djgriff

djgriff

Jesus man i feel completely duped into buying your asset stating it works and supported and everything yet you ignore my emails, tweets and these support requests.. Sh*t dude you should be straight with people if you can't be fecked with your asset.

Do not buy it to anyone considering!

Edit: Finally getting support ..

Last edited: Dec 23, 2015
  21. zenGarden

zenGarden

If you need a real cinematic tool , Cinema Director is the way to go.
    It is better to spend some more money and have what you need sometimes.

22. djgriff

djgriff

cheers will check it out

23. blackbird

blackbird

could you add an example scene i read the reviews and seems like the asset is not working