Search Unity

[RELEASED] Candela SSRR V2 Advanced Screen Space PBS Reflections for Unity 5

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by LIVENDA, Jul 22, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. NikProductions

NikProductions

For me it's still going up...

2. LIVENDA

LIVENDA

Hi, Thanks. The same look and even better with more control can be achieved with V2.1 , Increase the ' Contact blur power ' and then tweak the ' Distance fade power ' to get the desired look. They work together as they are related.

Hi, this is now fixed (workaround due to a Unity shader compiler bug!), we will update the download tomorrow, so you should re-download from the link provided. This was a strange issue BTW as it is intermittent.

Cheers!
    Michael

3. KWaldt

KWaldt

Finally got around to testing 2.1~

As you can see in the attachment, I'm having problems with some shaders--the reflection is shining through.
    While I'm mostly worried about the skin shader, you can replicate the issue with Unity's default Toon-Shader, or the Unlit-Shader. At first I believed that the missing specularity might be an issue, but the default Legacy-Shader does work, even though it's missing specularity too.
    Do you think that you could find a solution? This asset's pretty much unusable without.

Also, making changes undoable would be a great feature for 2.2.

Thank you for the hard work!
    - KW

Attached Files:

4. TechiTech

TechiTech

ok so now the timers going back up.

You guys are having fun taking the piss out of everyone...

daville likes this.
  5. FreakForFreedom

FreakForFreedom

They changed it? Hmm... well, 53minutes to go and see if I'll ever take them serious again or not. :S

6. TechiTech

TechiTech

hippocoder please close this thread...

we will probably see candela's software uploaded to pirate websites soon.lol
    not saying I will... I haven't even bothered upgrading. I don't trust them one bit.

7. sotec

sotec

the countdown on their site have nothing to do with this thread . (btw, i received my V2.1 two days ago)

8. Mauri

Mauri

They didn't changed it. It's still targeted at the same date (Sun Sep 2 2015 21:50:11 GMT+0930 (Cen. Australia Standard Time)).

Instead of closing this thread, hippocoder should delete any false accusations and give the users behind them a warning. If you don't trust Livenda or don't have the patience to wait, go use another asset. This steady bashing and brabbling about how bad Livenda is in this thread simply doesn't help and is often far away from constructive criticism. KWaldt sums it up pretty nicely in her posting on page 7.

LIVENDA, Trunka, Fab4 and 2 others like this.
  9. FreakForFreedom

FreakForFreedom

Mauri, you may be right that some are being to hard with Livenda, but you gotta admit that their constant promises and "delays" are kinda strange.
    For example the clock on their website _did_ change since it's been ~3 hours now (it's already the 3rd now in the land down under). That coupled with the constant delays and the fact, that v2.1 is still not in the asset store... I'll give them credits for sending out the v2.1 download links, but I really can't help by feeling something's fishy here.

blackbird likes this.
  10. Rico21745

Rico21745

Seeing as this thread is for Candela, nobody should be closing it due to some other announcement timer on their site.

I'm personally happy to see they're at least sending fixes to those issues and hope that the developer will be more honest in their timelines/statements. I'm hoping 2.2 is a reality and that the claims are correct but I will remain skeptical until it's released on the asset store.

chiapet1021 and FreakForFreedom like this.
  11. LIVENDA

LIVENDA

The timer is based on US time not Australia, it will be revealed soon and it is not related to Candela. We have been working on this product for the last year (even longer actually ) and we like to make sure and triple check everything before the announcement, if this means it is delayed for a couple of days, not much we can do.

Cheers,
    Michael

12. sotec

sotec

i have 3 errors that keep coming each frame ( still work thought )
    Invalid pass number (1) for Graphics.Blit. Material=Hidden/GausFast, npasses=1
    UnityEngine.Graphics:Blit(Texture, RenderTexture, Material, Int32)
    CandelaSSRR:OnRenderImage(RenderTexture, RenderTexture) (at Assets/CandelaSSRR/CandelaSSRR.cs:401)

CandelaSSRR:OnRenderImage(RenderTexture, RenderTexture) (at Assets/CandelaSSRR/CandelaSSRR.cs:406)

CandelaSSRR:OnRenderImage(RenderTexture, RenderTexture) (at Assets/CandelaSSRR/CandelaSSRR.cs:412)

13. Chris-Sinclair

Chris-Sinclair

This might be fixed in the next update: http://forum.unity3d.com/threads/re...ctions-for-unity-5.342803/page-8#post-2276928

14. Mauri

Mauri

15. NikProductions

NikProductions

Alright I understand, but this better be something amazing XD

16. sprawww

sprawww

Why do people fill this thread up with complaints about some countdown timer on some website? This thread is about Candela, not any other product. The posts should stay relevant.

17. Chris-Sinclair

Chris-Sinclair

It's a combination of yet more examples of delays from the vendor (so to users it's almost like a continuation of a bad running joke) and the vendor had announced and been promoting the mystery product and its release date on this very thread. Livenda itself made it relevant to the thread.

FreakForFreedom likes this.
  18. papibeast

papibeast

Still haven't received any help on my Issue!
    emailed your "support" but nothing.
    I want my money back .

19. KWaldt

KWaldt

Yeah, I understand that it's tempting to talk about the mystery project, but till they actually show something, I'm not interested.
    What I'm interested in are bugs in Candela - Livenda, since you commented since I asked this, would you mind taking a stance to this post, concerning the problem of reflections shining through?

Do you have an idea why this happens, and if yes, can you fix it?
    You stated that Candela works with all shaders with no modification needed, so if it's not solvable, I wouldn't be surprised if people start asking for a refund.

- KW

20. Thiago-Crawford

Thiago-Crawford

Hey Livenda, any updates on the big reveal? I saw the clock is gone and it says "Unveiling Today", will you make a new thread for the product unveiled?

21. wetcircuit

wetcircuit

Do I *have* to contact Livenda for the 2.1 update? Is it being withheld from the asset store as a form of Piracy control? Not that I blame them, but I was just going to wait for it to be updated since I wasn't needing it right away...

22. LIVENDA

LIVENDA

We are working as hard and fast as we can to unveil this project. It has a potential to impact almost all Unity users (in a very positive way to say the least, whether you are doing PC/Mac/Xbox/PS4 games, VR or mobile ) and so please stay tuned and we greatly appreciate everyones patience!

2.1 should be live on the Asset store by Friday or Monday, if you have been following the tread we had the re submit the asset. You can if you wish contact us with your order details and we can provide you a direct download link, thanks again.

Cheers,
    Michael
    Livenda Labs

wetcircuit likes this.
  23. papibeast

papibeast

@LIVENDA
    Stop ignoring the people that are having issues with a product they already paid money for!
    You only respond to those asking about a new stupid reveal that you are worming your way through.
    I want help I asked you 4 times already, on the forums to your email and still nothing.
    You are starting to really get on my nerves. GOing to be posting very negative comments about you and your product.

24. LIVENDA

LIVENDA

Have you contacted us directly on support 'at' livenda.com ? We are here to help! we are replying to others regarding our soon to be announced project as many have mentioned it in this thread...

Cheers,
    Michael

--------------------------------------
    Upcoming Classified project info. We are working as hard and fast as we can to unveil this project. It has a potential to impact almost all Unity users (in a very positive way to say the least, whether you are doing PC/Mac/Xbox/PS4 games, VR or mobile ) and so please stay tuned and we greatly appreciate everyones patience!

25. wetcircuit

wetcircuit

Ahh sorry I missed that. I can wait..., and if for some reason I need it sooner I will contact Livenda directly. :)

26. KRGraphics

KRGraphics

This also happens to me when I use the Alloy shader. Skin shaders are rendered in forward mode so if you use this with Candela, this will keep happening. It makes Candela unusable right now.

27. NikProductions

NikProductions

Hey, it's been like 2 days. How is the project going?

28. Ostwind

Ostwind

So the new secret announcement is still not out... not that it's related to Candela but shows the same thing keeps going on all fronts. Page counter failed several times as it was marked to be revealed on 4th, 7th, 8th and now it's already 9th on everywhere in the world?

I wonder what hippo will do to the thread if 2.1 version is not out by Friday/Monday

hippocoder likes this.
  29. eskovas

eskovas

The counter also started in the beginning of August ( if i remember correctly ), and was first due to 1st of September. Until now it was delayed about 5 times? The "unveiling today" started almost 2 days ago, so that's a pretty long day.
    This is not related to Candela, but for Livenda.

Here's a simple rule of thumb, If you have the actual power to release something and are 99% sure it will be released on that exact date, then go ahead and announce it to the world. If you don't have the power ( Unity needs to review it, so it's not up to the developer ) or if you are not sure it will be ready by that date, then simply don't make statements it will be released on that day. Delays happen, but constantly delaying isn't healthy. If you happen to be delaying many times, then only announce the next date only if you're sure, don't make it a guess.

EDIT:
    I've had my fare share of delays, and i've learned from them. If i'm not sure, then it's best not to guess. Basically if you see yourself delaying a product or reveal too many consecutive times, then take a step back, reevaluate the situation and see if it's it's best to announce another date or wait until you're more sure.

Last edited: Sep 9, 2015
  30. hippocoder

hippocoder

Digital Ape

Well, if I see any sign of broken promises, I'll take measures. I've already cleared it with the higher ups. Hopefully not need to. It's borrowed time at this point anyway. This thread is about SSR v2 which as far as I can tell is a product people are happy with. So long as it doesn't spill out to the whole broken promises thing.

FreakForFreedom and Kronnect like this.
  31. tripknotix

tripknotix

anyone using ssr v2 on mobile? my friend says its slow even on his nvidia shield with tegra k1, but thats in deferred with hdr on. I'm looking for ways to optimize it, but i may go to forward with custom shaders.

32. Deleted User

Deleted User

I'm done with this, and i don't particularly want to do business with Livenda, my project is now behind because i was waiting for the update, can i get a refund for Candella? Based on livendas conduct, i don't want to be stuck in candellas update hell cycle, or told i'll have to buy the product again for the next update. I don't want this product, and i would like my money back so i can spend it on a more trustworthy developer.

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 10, 2015
    DrewMedina likes this.
  33. LIVENDA

LIVENDA

Hi,

Please contact us so we can provide you a direct download link fo V2.1 thanks.

Please note our other projects including the major announcement has nothing to do with Candela SSRR, we would greatly appreciate all our users to only use this thread for Candela related topics, thanks again.

Cheers,
    Michael

34. hippocoder

hippocoder

Digital Ape

That includes you.

I'll leave the topic now but do improve customer service as this applies to all asset authors. It comes under moderation, and authors are subject to higher standards.

35. GMM

GMM

You write that the SSRR asset can be used on OpenGLES 3.0 devices, but i have not had any success on getting reflections to work on my iPad Air 2(Auto graphics API/Forcing Metal/Forcing OpenGLES 3.0, none of those settings works).

Is there some more specific documentation on how we are supposed to use this asset on mobile devices as advertised?

Also, where is 2.1?

36. tripknotix

tripknotix

i was able to get it working on a shield tablet, tegra k1, deferred rendering , and it had artifacts. it was just too heavy. Also i wasnt sure how the layer mask worked, i was trying to prevent the players gun from showing.

37. Deleted User

Deleted User

I'd rather have my money back thanks, I've not even downloaded the product yet and i don't want to.

38. FreakForFreedom

FreakForFreedom

@LIVENDA, is there any reason why v2.1 hasn't it made to the asset store yet? I really don't want to have to send you a mail and then download something that hasn't been approved by the Unity team and frankly, I find it very strange that I have to do so.

cg_destro, Lohrion, GMM and 2 others like this.
  39. Deleted User

Deleted User

This is why i'd rather have my money back, i don't want download something that hasn't been approved by the Unity team.

40. Deleted User

Deleted User

@LIVENDA if you could give me an answer about my refund that would be great.

41. LIVENDA

LIVENDA

Hi,

It should be live on the Asset Store very soon, it has been submitted and Unity personal can confirm this, if you like please contact us directly and we can provide a direct download link, thanks.

Cheers,
    Michael

42. FreakForFreedom

FreakForFreedom

Well, that's a way not to answer my question (and by that, @BEEFDOCTOR's question too). Also, I remember you saying this already a couple of weeks back - and even that v2.2 will be live soon. Obviously, none of it happened.
    Now I would also like to know if and how refund is possible.

daville likes this.
  43. Frogger007

Frogger007

Classified, stay tunned !

How long ?

44. Deleted User

Deleted User

@LIVENDA, Ha! Nice attempt at avoiding the question, Can I have a refund, this requires a YES or NO response. If the answer is yes, how do i go about getting it?

And as for "It should be live on the Asset Store very soon" I don't care.

Also, "very soon" is massively subjective, that could mean a day or a month.

45. blackbird

blackbird

even with the newest update nothing change it's run even slower than before ...regret the purchase , it's really time that the unity team weak up and check the asset quality if they hold the promises or not ... i really think about boycotting the asset store most of the asset i bought are buggy or the dev doesn t reply to emails or they don t make updates at all

Last edited: Sep 16, 2015
  46. LIVENDA

LIVENDA

Hi Everyone,

We are happy to report V2.1 is now live on the Unity Asset Store, apart from multiple new additions and changes we strongly request everyone to download this version as it fixes issue (well circumvents issues in Unity) on the Mac OS platform.

What's NEW in Candela SSRR V2.1 and other Important information

- New Dynamic SS Toksvig Specular AA and Reflection normal modulation, much better normal map response when reflections are blurry when roughness is high

- New Roughness Convolution method, faster and 'swimming' shimmer is completely removed and no reliance on MipMaps for convolution as it caused issues with some hardware (This was a Unity Issue, not related to Candela )

- New Candela now works in Forward Render mode with the Standard Shader

- New Distance based fade, no more reliance on Fresnel to fade out reflections. Should be used together with Fresnel Fade to achieve better quality reflections

- New Contact based reflection blur. At 0 (zero) reflection blur does not take into account the distance, At 1 , the 'Distance Fade Power' will control the blur strength on distance globally, individual material roughness value naturally determines the amount of roughness.

- General stability, performance & quality improvements

-----------------------

Important:

- All legacy shaders work in all render paths

- In ' Legacy Deferred lightin mode' you should only use legacy shaders

- Please make sure to set the render path from the Camera

- Deferred & Linear mode is best performant

- Best to have normal maps on all objects if your project allows i.e. vertex normals will have issues

- Make sure to have your project target platfrom on PC/Mac/Linux

- For best quality in Toksvig make sure to enable high anisotropic levels such as 3-8 for your Normal Maps (if possible enable force Anisotropic textures to ON in quality settings )

- !!! Due to a Unity bug, in Forward render mode only, if you have a smoothing value lower then 1 in the standard shader and then you apply a roughness texture, the texture value will get modulated!! so if you have a smoothing of 0.5 and then you assign a texture, the texture will be multiplied by 0.5

Cheer!
    -----------------

Candela SSRR V2.1 is Also on Sale Until the End of the month at $50 (Normally $125)

47. blackbird

blackbird

even your documentation is different from the options available in the asset and the picture you are using are completely misleading nothing looks like that in reality

48. LIVENDA

LIVENDA

Please look at the Videos, it is all Real-Time and Candela SSRR Only. V2.1 docs will be available from our site in the next day or so, and yes, the interface has changed! please read the release notes, thanks!

---------------------------

Hi Everyone,

We are happy to report V2.1 is now live on the Unity Asset Store, apart from multiple new additions and changes we strongly request everyone to download this version as it fixes issue (well circumvents issues in Unity) on the Mac OS platform.

What's NEW in Candela SSRR V2.1 and other Important information

- New Dynamic SS Toksvig Specular AA and Reflection normal modulation, much better normal map response when reflections are blurry when roughness is high

- New Roughness Convolution method, faster and 'swimming' shimmer is completely removed and no reliance on MipMaps for convolution as it caused issues with some hardware (This was a Unity Issue, not related to Candela )

- New Candela now works in Forward Render mode with the Standard Shader

- New Distance based fade, no more reliance on Fresnel to fade out reflections. Should be used together with Fresnel Fade to achieve better quality reflections

- New Contact based reflection blur. At 0 (zero) reflection blur does not take into account the distance, At 1 , the 'Distance Fade Power' will control the blur strength on distance globally, individual material roughness value naturally determines the amount of roughness.

- General stability, performance & quality improvements

-----------------------

Important:

- All legacy shaders work in all render paths

- In ' Legacy Deferred lightin mode' you should only use legacy shaders

- Please make sure to set the render path from the Camera

- Deferred & Linear mode is best performant

- Best to have normal maps on all objects if your project allows i.e. vertex normals will have issues

- Make sure to have your project target platfrom on PC/Mac/Linux

- For best quality in Toksvig make sure to enable high anisotropic levels such as 3-8 for your Normal Maps (if possible enable force Anisotropic textures to ON in quality settings )

- !!! Due to a Unity bug, in Forward render mode only, if you have a smoothing value lower then 1 in the standard shader and then you apply a roughness texture, the texture value will get modulated!! so if you have a smoothing of 0.5 and then you assign a texture, the texture will be multiplied by 0.5

Cheer!
    -----------------

Candela SSRR V2.1 is Also on Sale Until the End of the month at $50 (Normally $125)

49. blackbird

blackbird

than show us the settings ???i challenge you , that you will able to show the settings to achieve that quality ... even the performence is worst than before and the currenet shader helper have nearly no effect in terms of quality it looks even worst than the standard shaders

check guys the pictures

Attached Files:

Last edited: Sep 16, 2015
  50. Tiny-Tree

Tiny-Tree

so you can confirm it does not work on mobile as advertised?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.