Search Unity

[RELEASED] Candela SSRR V2 Advanced Screen Space PBS Reflections for Unity 5

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by LIVENDA, Jul 22, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. LIVENDA

LIVENDA

Hello Unity Community
    Released & Available Now on the Unity Asset Store
    Launch Special at less then Half price until end of August!
    All Previous Candela V1 Customers can upgrade to V2 at a significant discount!

Greetings from LIVENDA
    It is with great pleasure & excitement to be announcing the all

NEW

Candela SSRR V2
    Next Gen Advanced Screen Space RayTraced PBS Reflections Unity 5
    Candela_SSRR_V2.jpg

No Baking Required, No Pre-Computation, No Changes to Default or Custom Shaders, No Hassles and No Limits.
    ALL Unity 5 Render Paths (Deferred, Forward, Legacy Deferred) and Platforms (DX9, DX11, OpenGL & OpenGL ES3) are supported
    Candela SSRR V2 is the all new complete and simple to use AAA Quality highly optimized Physically accurate PBS based Advanced Screen Space Ray-traced Reflection Solution for Unity 5 Pro & Personal. It is implemented as a Unity Image Effect which can be attached to a camera in your scene. This technique works with any reflective surface and every point of the scene becomes potentially reflective which can be controlled via the use of applied materials. No default Unity shader modification is required, you do not have to touch your shaders, just drop Candela SSRR V2 on to your camera and you're done! Candela SSRR V2 being a pure post effect solution means it has no dependency on scene complexity.

Candela SSRR V2 Highlights
    • V2 brings comprehensive Unity 5 compatibility together with significant performance / quality enhancements and a unified PBS workflow! Your ability to add advanced ray-traced reflections to your Unity Project is now at your fingertips.

• Candela SSRR V2 is now Physically correct and PBS ready in all respects. Increasing quality and performance significantly while making it easier to integrate into your projects. The general workflow paradigm is now based on PBS principals regardless if you are using the New Unity 5 Standard shaders or the legacy shaders.
    • Complete support for Unity 5 Professional & Personal. Which means it works with All Render Paths and All Shaders. Supporting almost all platforms, OpenGL, OpenGL ES3 DirectX 9, DirectX 11. New Deferred Shading, Forward Rendering and Legacy Deferred Lighting.
    Candela_SSRR_V2_PBS.jpg
    • Across the board minimum 2 - 6X Times Performance Increase! now possible & viable to use with new Mobile platforms supporting OpenGLES 3.0. Candela V2 provides the highest performance to Quality ratio comparable to any other solution on any engine..Period
    • 2 New Physically correct Convolutions to choose from - no more slow and incorrect Bilateral Blur! Very closely matching Unity 5 PBS / IBL and Reflection probe convolution for correct blending. Multiple performance options can now be easily selected suitable for your project withing the new Editor Inspector GUI. *This is a very important new feature if SSR needs to be blended with other reflections, as if it is not implemented correctly the SSR results will tend to 'swim' over the scene, exhibiting low frequency temporal issues.
    • SSR Shimmer Reduction & Highlight Compression! i.e. Physically Based shading (PBS) such as the one utilized by Unity 5 is susceptible to high frequency highlight shimmer primarily caused by very high specular values. Screen Space Reflections can intensify this as sub-pixel motion increases. Also as roughness becomes high (more blurry), these sub-pixel highlights will cause distracting low - mid frequency shimmer during convolution. Candela V2 reduces this significantly. Temporal shimmer induced by high-frequency normal-maps and other causes can be seen in all other SSR implementations to date. V2.1 (almost ready) after this V2 release combats this even further and entirely eliminates this at almost zero performance hit by utilizing pixel accurate velocity information to re-project luma smoothing.
    • PBS Metallic & Specular Color now effect SSR reflection Color! Occlusion Chanel can also be used when activated in the standard (or standard specular) shader.
    • New & much improved Physically Based Compose blend mode - Candela SSRR V2 uses a new cleaner 'Masking' Texture to compose SSR on top of the scene making it much more Physically plausible than just ' additive blend ' with the visible scene. Now, dark reflections or scene objects in shadow will reflect correctly. Specular highlights from shading can now be masked by reflected visibility (to a certain extend in screen-space).
    Candela_SSRR_V2_True_PBS_Fresnel.jpg
    • Roughness values or textures correctly contribute to glossiness (roughness blur and grazing angle blur) i.e. Perfect mirror reflections are maintained at low roughness ( which means no blur on contact reflections) and progressively increase glossiness as roughness increases (while respecting graze angles as they work together)
    • Highly improved Ray Distance Traversal based reflection fall off. Fresnel fall off only is not adequate as far away (distant objects) reflections (such as the sky) etc. will not be covered unless a ray distance based fall off also modulates reflections.
    • Cleaner and leaner inspector UI which is much more intuitive with Performance & Quality target selections right at the top making it a breeze to use.
    • Much improved Sky Reflections - Candela V2 Can reflect Any Sky object such as the Default Unity 5 Sky system or any other third party sky/ cloud system. This is imperative if you wish to blend Unity 5 probe based reflections with SSR.
    • When Using MSAA in Forward render mode, reflections no longer need to be flipped
    CandelaScreen11.png
    Candela SSRR V2 makes it very easy to add AAA Quality dynamic reflections which are tuned for accurate PBS paradigm for all your Unity projects, after all reflections are every where in the real world now you can also have them in your Unity Projects.

CandelaSSRR_V2_SC2_ON.jpg
    Highly customizable and Artist friendly- You have total control with Physically based composition, HDR support and many other reflection control parameters on per material basis.

Candela SSRR V2 can help you make a radical difference to your project and is a must have tool

Pricing for New & Previous customer (V1 license holders Upgrade Option)
    • CELEBRATING THE LAUNCH OF CANDELA V2 WITH COMPLETE UNITY 5 SUPPORT
      V2 IS NOW ON SALE UNTIL END OF AUGUST

NORMALLY $125 NOW ONLY $60 ! GRAB IT NOW AT LESS THEN HALF PRICE
    • ALL PREVIOUS CANDELA SSRR V1 CUSTOMERS CAN
      UPGRADE TO CANDELA SSRR V2 NOW FOR ONLY $30!
    Candela SSRR V2 is now available on the Unity Asset Store!, please sign-up to our mailing list to be informed of the latest news and updates.

Checkout some Awesome Videos showing Candela SSRR at work!

Download Candela SSRR V2 User Manual

For more information please visit LIVENDA

Also of important note: we are submitting V2.1 with more features and enhancements which did not make it into V2 either Today or Tomorrow (Unity seems to take forever to approve new updates)

V2.1 improves normal-map effectiveness with wide blurry reflections (i.e. as Roughness decreases the normal information is retained better in the progressively wider convolution) . Also, even faster & better quality convolution (totally eliminates slight 'swimming' of reflections during cam motion) together with improved reflections on contact, more Physically correct as reflections become glossy as the contact distance increases.

Happy Reflections, Livenda
    www.livenda.com

Last edited: Jul 24, 2015
    Mauri likes this.
  2. Mauri

Mauri

This looks amazing :eek: Great work!

3. superjayman

superjayman

Awesome stuff!!!!!!!!!!, any eta on Asset Store? Does it support forward render mode with msaa?

Mauri likes this.
  4. LIVENDA

LIVENDA

Yes, Candela SSRR V2 works with all render paths, the new Deferred shading, Forward mode and the Legacy Deferred lighting. Also, all shaders are supported the new standard specular/metallic path and all other legacy shaders for all platforms.

Cheers,
    Livenda

5. LIVENDA

LIVENDA

Released & Available Now on the Unity Asset Store
    Launch Special at less then Half price until end of August!
    All Previous Candela V1 Customers can upgrade to V2 at a significant discount!

Pricing for New & Previous customer (V1 license holders Upgrade Option)
    • CELEBRATING THE LAUNCH OF CANDELA V2 WITH COMPLETE UNITY 5 SUPPORT
      V2 IS NOW ON SALE UNTIL END OF AUGUST

NORMALLY $125 NOW ONLY $60 ! GRAB IT NOW AT LESS THEN HALF PRICE
    • ALL PREVIOUS CANDELA SSRR V1 CUSTOMERS CAN
      UPGRADE TO CANDELA SSRR V2 NOW FOR ONLY $30!
    Cheers!
    Livenda

6. Kronnect

Kronnect

Hi Livenda, does this work with Unity 5.1.1?

7. LIVENDA

LIVENDA

First, thanks for your purchase and upgrade! We have tested with 5.0.1 and the latest version (5.1.2f1) with no issues and working very well. Are you able to update your Unity to the latest version?

Also, we are submitting V2.1 today with even more new features and improvements that did not make it into V2.

Cheers!
    Michael

8. sotec

sotec

why did you post the videos and pictures from the V1 here, i suppose it look differently now , so maybe new videos could be good. ^^

this said, it really look amazing *w* .

9. LIVENDA

LIVENDA

Thanks! We do have new videos in the works showing the new features and the workflow changes which are important as it is a significantly new product. The old videos are here to provide information on general SSR.

Cheers.

Also of important note: we are submitting V2.1 with more features and enhancements which did not make it into V2 either Today or Tomorrow (Unity seems to take forever to approve new updates)

V2.1 improves normal-map effectiveness with wide blurry reflections (i.e. as Roughness decreases the normal information is retained better in the progressively wider convolution) . Also, even faster & better quality convolution (totally eliminates slight 'swimming' of reflections during cam motion) together with improved reflections on contact, more Physically correct as reflections become glossy as the contact distance increases.

10. yezzer

yezzer

Any word on how well it works with native VR in 5.1.x? (I know SSRR isn't a great idea with VR, I'm just interested)

DrewMedina likes this.
  11. DrewMedina

DrewMedina

I would also like to know about VR support, especially is there stereo depth in the reflections?

12. LIVENDA

LIVENDA

SteamVR and OSVR should be fine, we are still testing the native Unity integration, please note these are new technologies in an early phase.

13. A1taIR

A1taIR

Livenda, your screenshots looks like using reflection probes and photoshoped a lot!
    Even Unreal Engine doesn't have reflections of such quality.
    Please, release the real screenshots and real video of your product.

14. overthere

overthere

Any prospective customers can see the level of support / communication provided for the ver 1 of the asset in this thread.

http://forum.unity3d.com/threads/screen-space-reflections-for-unity.208316/page-17#post-2218819

I can only say that my personnel experience has been that the asset worked well in unity 4, but the statements that if you bought then the upgrade to a unity 5 compatible version would be included seemed to not have come to pass (upgrade is ~Eur30, I would have waited and paid once if I'd known). Communication of this and other changes has been non existent or apparently at odds with the facts e.g. multiple tweets that asset has been submitted, available in a week then silence.

I don't know what's actually gone on but if the creator had simply come out and said it's turned out to be a lot more complex than I thought, it's going to be a big delay and I'm not going to be able to do what I said and keep a roof over my head, they would have kept a lot more credibility.

Oh and SSR is on the Unity timeline to be a built in feature (Sep I think?)

MS80 and TechiTech like this.
  15. LIVENDA

LIVENDA

Let me make it absolutely clear, NO reflection probes have been used in Any of the screenshots at all.

When you say 'even unreal engine' it's like saying unity 5 is inferior. The SSR implementation in the current Unreal engine is not that great, they just have some amazing content to show it with (their TXAA also helps in this respect). Candela V2 has many features not available on the Unreal implementation. Also, Using reflections probes is advisable as SSR is a fallback solution as it only reflects what is seen. Think of Candela V2 as high frequency local reflections and probes mid-low frequency when designing you scenes.

Cheers,
    Michael

16. I am da bawss

I am da bawss

I am looking a this and I keep thinking why is this reflection shader able to charge $125 dollars for it when there is an open source free version around that does exactly the same? (Not to mention Unity is going to include SSR in the future update too)

Kode80's Screen Space Reflection

http://www.kode80.com/blog/2015/03/11/screen-space-reflections-in-unity-5/

What outstanding features do you offer? I check your old thread and also Asset Store reviews it seems you are not particularly responsive to users so customer service is not one of your selling point.

Charkes, MS80 and TechiTech like this.
  17. LIVENDA

LIVENDA

Please read the New Release highlights, there is a tone of difference in Performance /Quality and PBS workflow not to mention support for all render paths and legacy shaders, thanks again.

Cheers!
    Michael

------------------------------------

V2.1 improves normal-map effectiveness with wide blurry reflections (i.e. as Roughness decreases the normal information is retained better in the progressively wider convolution) . Also, even faster & better qualityconvolution (totally eliminates slight 'swimming' of reflections during cam motion) together with improved reflections on contact, more Physically correct as reflections become glossy as the contact distance increases.

Last edited: Jul 24, 2015
  18. daville

daville

Livenda,
    I have the old Candela, I don't remember when I got it, but a couple weeks or so later I remember you posting something on Tweeter about a promo on October/November 2014 and if you got Candela by then users would be able to have a discount on "Unreal Reflections".

And somewhere else I think it was the other forum post someone asked about the differences with Candela and Unreal Reflections, and you pointed out that candela is SSR and can't reflect things outside the camera view, while this other polug in "Unreal Reflections" will reflect things outside the camera view..

That's what I remember... but as I understand then... you're developing this other plug in called "Unreal Reflections" (wich the name is kinda confusing with this other engine out there)... so can you help me make my choice on why shoul I upgrade Candela to V2 instead of waiting for this other plug in of yours to come out?.

Or I have to admit that I already had on my shoping cart this other asset added, because they promised to be "The only working SSR solution for Unity 5"
    https://www.assetstore.unity3d.com/en/#!/content/15152

this asset cost like $40 and the upgrading would cost me $30 so... is not a big difference, so I will not base my decition on $10 bucks, but I want to actually know about your features.

Attached Files:

19. iamsam

iamsam

Please keep your statements consistent Michael, you seem to contradict yourself on the same day.Also Unity does tend to take time in the initial approval of the asset, however nowadays they seem to approve updates at an amazing rate, so please do not use that as an excuse and treat developers as naive.

Your lack of interest is evident in the fact that you could not even provide new demos to showcase the use of your asset on Unity's new shader, and your answers to question is following the same trend as before... updates are submitted/coming.

Thank you @daville for pointing out the other solution, we have been using Candela and had our project stuck due to lack of updates so it may be better to move to other solutions where the developers put effort in getting timely updates to their consumers.

overthere and TechiTech like this.
  20. giraffe1

giraffe1

Candela is a good product. As long as it works and a new version of Unity doesn't break it.

However, Livenda's customer support is probably the worst I have EVER seen from any developer EVER. He will straight up lie to your face. He will leave you hanging for months. He will selectively answer/ignore questions in the forums. Not to mention SpectraGI, DX11 Ocean plugin, Unreal Reflections and the latest Candela V1.04 update fiasco. This guy has a long history of questionable behavior. Do your research and know what you are getting into.

overthere, MS80, sloopidoopi and 6 others like this.
  21. SGFX

SGFX

Is there instructions included how to make it work with shader forge ?
    I bought if a year ago and hoped to be able to make it work with shader forge, but to no success
    and using the Livenda shaders are no option. Also does it work with the standard shader?

22. KRGraphics

KRGraphics

@LIVENDA I may look into upgrading to SSRR V2, but I want to ensure that you will keep us in the loop when it comes to assets of this magnitude. I work with a lot of high quality assets and I have had to stop working because of the lack of support of V1... something I don't really enjoy doing. So allow this be your way of redeeming yourself... and yes, I would love to see some new footage of SSRR v2 being setup with fresh assets...

23. LIVENDA

LIVENDA

Hi, there is no instruction yet for Shader forge, however, first Candela V2 is a totally re-written product and made to work with specifically for the Unity 5 Standard Shaders in Deferred mode and all legacy shaders in Forward and the Legacy Deferred. It is Physically accurate in convolution (closely matching Unity Probes/IBL etc) so this means the Roughness value (or texture) in the Metallic channel or the Specular Channel will control the Glossy factor/ Color and modulation based on GGX PBS principals.

Thanks! Candela V2 is very easy to use and we are working on simple introductory videos showing the workflow including best practice methods. We welcome the opportunity to engage with the Unity Community as much as possible!! as we have other very interesting products in the pipeline to enhance Unity 5 beyond other engines. We are dedicated and aim to provide the Best customer support/ service possible..period. Thank you.

Yes, Unreal Reflections is a separate product which is almost ready and it is designed to work with Candela V2 (using the same buffers for performance) . Unreal Reflections is an Advanced pixel-accurate (So Probe reflecions are not linked to material or object boundary ) Probe reflection system designed specifically for Real-time performance with hundreds-thousands of probes. To correctly compose SSR with probe reflections, it has to be pixel accurate. All Candela V1 and V2 customers will receive a significant discount when released. We are well aware of the Unity Deferred Probes, Unreal reflections provides multiple advanced features with performance / quality not found in any engine including Unreal Engine.

Allow me to reiterate,
    We welcome the opportunity to engage with the Unity Community as much as possible!! as we have other very interesting products in the pipeline to enhance Unity 5 beyond other engines. We are dedicated and aim to provide the Best customer support/ service possible..period. Thank you.

Cheers!
    Michael

24. punk

punk

Hey Michael,

I bought this over the weekend, the results are stunning and performance is great, expect an awesome review soon. I have a request tho, I'm working on a wet scene using Alloy 3. I pull the roughness down to zero and I get beautiful glossy reflections see pic below, only problem is that my lights at zero roughness don't really reflect in the surfaces anymore, would it be possible to add a threshold slider that works something like this?

1. When at 0.0f full glossy reflections work as per standard
    2. A higher value for example 0.2f, would mean that full glossy reflections would start at .2 or below

Ie I want to have more control over the shader, this way I can have my materials still reflecting lights, but still achieve a glossy wet look.

DrewMedina and John-G like this.
  25. MS80

MS80

We cannot trust this developer!
    I bought Candela1 for the full price of 125$ and now it is even more clear that this was waste of money.
    The developer promised many features coming for Candela1, Unity5 support, too! Where are all those features and updates the developer promised, now he comes up with a complete new Release! Candela1 was compatible with nothing, no Unity5 support, updates took forever, support not existing! Just check out his old thread and you will see lot of annoyed customers:
    http://forum.unity3d.com/threads/screen-space-reflections-for-unity.208316/page-16

I would advise to use Kode80's free SSRR solution:
    http://www.kode80.com/blog/2015/03/11/screen-space-reflections-in-unity-5/

or to wait for the Unity native SSRR support coming with Unity 5.2 soon!!!

Do not trust those photoshoped images! There is a reason for the missing demo!

I am da bawss and TechiTech like this.
  26. LIVENDA

LIVENDA

Hi,

Thanks for your purchase and great comments! Looking forward to the review.

What you suggested is already in V2.1 together with the option of flipping the roughness/smoothness in the global settings to provide better compatibility with other third party products. So, in V2.1 you will have an extra dial to control the effectiveness of the roughness value.

Cheers!

27. punk

punk

Thank you that is great news, has 2.1 been submitted yet?

28. LIVENDA

LIVENDA

We will be submitting this tomorrow if all is well, in the mean while we would like to hear from others if they have any other requests for any other helpful additions or changes they would like to see perhaps in the next version after 2.1.

Cheers,

I just like to add a little comment regarding the post by MS80 above, Warning people regarding us:)
    It took us 5 months of development to make sure V2 works with Unity 5 as it should! Yes, we were a little hasty with some of our comments with V1 but lets be realistic! God forbid we need to live and charge a little upgrade price, this is a Very Positive New option Unity provided for ALL other developers and it allows us and gives us the incentive to continue developing great new products and support!

We are here to help and continue developing for Unity for the long term period. MS80 , also please READ the release highlights of Candela V2, the products you mention do not even come close to the feature set, performance and quality provided by V2. We kindly ask you to remove your very unprofessional post, thanks again!

Lastly, NO the images are photoshopped as MS80 sugests, this is very funny actually, they are direct unchanged screenshots from the Lab Demo, that's ok we will show a video soon.

Last edited: Jul 25, 2015
    8Infinite8 likes this.
  29. TechiTech

TechiTech

Livenda, can you tell me what features 2.1 will have over unity's?

I know you wont know all there is to do with unitys version but you will probably know a lot more than me.

30. LIVENDA

LIVENDA

Certainly, here are a few (this is V2) as stated in the release highlights

• Candela SSRR V2 is Physically correct
    • Complete support for Unity 5 Professional & Personal. Which means it works with All Render Paths and All Shaders. Supporting almost all platforms, OpenGL, OpenGL ES3 DirectX 9, DirectX 11. New Deferred Shading, Forward Rendering and Legacy Deferred Lighting. Unity Version will be Deferred only.
    • Physically correct Convolutions not just a gausian/bilateral blur and Fast!
    • SSR Shimmer Reduction & Highlight Compression! i.e. Physically Based shading (PBS) such as the one utilized by Unity 5 is susceptible to high frequency highlight shimmer primarily caused by very high specular values. Screen Space Reflections can intensify this as sub-pixel motion increases. Also as roughness becomes high (more blurry), these sub-pixel highlights will cause distracting low - mid frequency shimmer during convolution. Candela V2 reduces this significantly.
    • PBS Metallic & Specular Color now effect SSR reflection Color! and it is Physically correct GGX
    • Physically Based Compose blend mode - Candela SSRR V2 uses a new cleaner 'Masking' Texture to compose SSR on top of the scene making it much more Physically plausible than just ' additive blend ' with the visible scene. Now, dark reflections or scene objects in shadow will reflect correctly. Specular highlights from shading can now be masked by reflected visibility (to a certain extend in screen-space).
    • Highly improved Ray Distance Traversal based reflection fall off. Fresnel fall off only is not adequate as far away (distant objects) reflections (such as the sky) etc. will not be covered unless a ray distance based fall off also modulates reflections.
    • Sky Reflections - Candela V2 Can reflect Any Sky object such as the Default Unity 5 Sky system or any other third party sky/ cloud system. This is imperative if you wish to blend Unity 5 probe based reflections with SSR and more realistic results
    • V2.1 improves normal-map effectiveness with wide blurry reflections (i.e. as Roughness decreases the normal information is retained better in the progressively wider convolution) . Also, even faster & better qualityconvolution (totally eliminates slight 'swimming' of reflections during cam motion) together with improved reflections on contact, more Physically correct as reflections become glossy as the contact distance increases.
    These are just a few, there is also significant overall performance differences as the length of the reflections increases, Candela V2 is very well optimized.

Cheers!
    Michael

8Infinite8 likes this.
  31. punk

punk

Hey Btw Michael,

I Just tested in native VR mode unity 5.1.2 and it works perfect ;)

DrewMedina likes this.
  32. daville

daville

is there a way to disort the reflections? like if it were a water surface? and perhaps have that wave effect moving?

33. LIVENDA

LIVENDA

That is awesome, thanks. We seriously did not have the time to test it fully with 5.1.2, any feedback is much appreciate it and helps us make a better product. Which hmd did you test with?

Sure, Candela will reflect everything visible however SSR should really be used as a fallback for any relatively large watery surface as there are other more appropriate methods for these. however, to simulate wet surfaces (eg. Rain/ puddles) or shallow water SSR is perfectly fine and advisable (Just paint your roughness texture white where your like reflections).

Cheers

34. Thiago-Crawford

Thiago-Crawford

Congratulations!! You have some PR issues to resolve, but its good to see you guys have finally released an updated and improved product. All the best going forward.

35. Kronnect

Kronnect

I have tested the new version on Windows and the example scenes works great. They look beautiful (a little dark in my opinion, but good).
    But I have not been able to run the product on Mac. It makes Unity crash constantly (using 5.1.1 here).
    Anyone has the same issue?

36. Frpmta

Frpmta

Will Candela SSPT Global illumination include its own version of Candela SSRR?
    I am confused because remember CandelaSSPT was supposed to come out before CandelaSSRRV2.

37. punk

punk

38. A1taIR

A1taIR

Livenda, the community requests the performance comparison of Candela SSRR v2 VS Plawius SSR VS Kode80 SSR. We all know that Candela V1 was really heavy, so show us the benchmark to prove your 2 - 6X perforfmance increase statement.

39. A1taIR

A1taIR

Ок, Livenda, then explain, please, how did you get this parts of the image with Screen Space Reflections only?
    download.png

Last edited: Jul 27, 2015
  40. SGFX

SGFX

that is not possible with screen space only, there have to be cubemaps on this image (or real ray tracing ofc)

Last edited: Jul 26, 2015
  41. MS80

MS80

Hi Michael, I really do not want to criticize your new product! Just don't like the way you treat your customers, it looks like you try to make a restart with candela2 and forget about candela1 users and its past...

I am interested in your answer to the following questions / comments:

- you are mostly present in the forums to promote one of your new products, after that you dissappear for weeks. Will you have better support in the future?
    - there is no performance / quality demo of Candela2, so there is no proof it is better than other solutions
    - if your images are unchanged screenshots, just proof it with a demo of unity labs and candela2. And I do not talk of a video, I am talking of downloadable demo / webplayer etc. so everyone can test it
    - you cannot deny that there are many disappointed customers of candela1, just have a look at candela1 post
    - another 30$ upgrade price for features you promised us for candela1 is a joke, make it 10$ and I think most of your candela1 customers would be happy ( I already spend 125$ and supported you right after first release)
    - you are not a "little hasty" with your comments, please go through your complete candela1 post and you will see it looks more like a fairy tale
    - I am confused about the roadmap / pricing / update of your coming products like TotalReflections, Spectra, etc.! Also you removed candela1 from the asset store, the only option for your existing customers is upgrading....

Last edited: Jul 25, 2015
    I am da bawss and Ghosthowl like this.
  42. 8Infinite8

8Infinite8

Come on LIVENDA. You can silence your critics if you release some more cool videos and example demo files.

Be honest and work with people here.

I've been longing for fast SSR in Unity for years now. Especially that works in VR. It's the main reason that UE4 shines so brightly.

43. LIVENDA

LIVENDA

Let me make it clear, there are NO reflection probes, or custom cubemaps, All provided screenshots are 100% Candela V2 only. it is, Real Ray tracing, just in screen-space :) SGFX

Here is a Quick and simple Video showing the scene in the screenshots , it is Candela SSRR V2 inside Unity 5 personal, please watch in HD if you can. The video quality can be improved but this was a quick upload.

Also another great news: we have submitted V2.1 with more features and enhancements which did not make it into V2
    V2.1 improves normal-map effectiveness with wide blurry reflections (i.e. as Roughness decreases the normal information is retained better in the progressively wider convolution) . Also, even faster & better quality convolution (totally eliminates slight 'swimming' of reflections during cam motion) together with improved reflections on contact, more Physically correct as reflections become glossy as the contact distance increases and a few more yet to me announced when available. Last but not least better VR support!

Cheers!
    Happy reflections.

We would appreciate people sticking to relevant subject of Candela SSRR V2, this thread is here for mainly support/requests. Like we have mentioned we aim to provide the best support possible, thank you.

Mauri and 8Infinite8 like this.
  44. 8Infinite8

8Infinite8

Smart move. It looks fantastic.

45. KRGraphics

KRGraphics

Definitely gonna upgrade when I get home. Actually, will I still be able to use reflection probes on objects that don't need reflections, example, something far away?

46. DrewMedina

DrewMedina

Thought I would give this a shot... impressive! Wow, really feels raytraced sometimes. I am not seeing a significant slowdown after creating a on/off toggle using the defaults, but slows down fast if i raise the quality up (expected).. I just started using it, but after tweaking a few of my specs and tuning the Candella settings, it's pretty amazing!
    Thatbis FANTASTIC to hear there are improvements coming to the swimming of pixels, thays the only tough part for me. To run at a decent speed in VR it needs to be aet medium to low (gtx970) which introduces lots of swimming artifacts on cam move.

I'm having a VR issue (Rift latest SDK, Unity 512f) , its clipping the reflections close to the camera, especially when I look down, it clips it out almost entirely. I say clipping because it reminds me of camera clipping, but just for the reflection. Its clipped off, hard edged until about 10 feet away, then it's great. Camera clip settings have no effect... im really enjoying it so far.
    Thanks
    Drew

47. superjayman

superjayman

Looks fantastic!!, any ETA on 2.1 update?

48. Tiny-Tree

Tiny-Tree

@LIVENDA on the video you posted is it possible to post screen of "stats" with SSRR on/off?

49. LIVENDA

LIVENDA

Certainly! it is advisable to use reflection probes as well as Candela V2 at the same time. You can if you wish put the depth distance down in Candela if you like probe reflections at distance (However there is no performance gains for doing this as Candela is not based on scene complexity or distance) , one last thing, it is a good idea to match probes as accurate as possible to pixel perfect, I know it is difficult with current Unity probes.

Hi Drew, thanks for your comments! We are certain the new update 2.1 will meet you expectations as it has multiple quality and performance enhancements (more linear performance as higher settings are selected). The VR issue you mention is the outcome of being screen-space based and only reflects what is seen, so if you look down, for example to the floor, there is not much to reflect. To provide a 'gradual' and smooth transition , the SSR can be adjusted to fade in both in angle/direction and distance i.e. how far the ray has traveled. V2.1 has also a few enhancements regarding this.

Has been submitted and should take about 4-6 days (Can be longer depending on Unity backlog)

Sure, we are doing a few tutorial videos now and when complete we can post another version with stats. The video posted yesterday is running on a old GPU 480GTX, even without Candela V2 it shrugs along:)

Cheers,
    Michael

50. spraycanmansam

spraycanmansam

I purchased V1 a while ago and I have to concur that Candela 'just works'. I've tried many a SSR implementation, including the others mentioned here and none come close to the ease of use and quality of reflections from Candela.

However! Lesbihonest, the communication and support absolutely sucks. Always has, and not just for Candela but Nephilim, Spectra, etc...

This puts me in a bit of a position, as there's no denying its a fantastic product but I'm very hesitant to throw any more money their way.

Does V2 render additional depth and normal buffers like V1 did, or does it purely rely on the G-Buffer in deferred? In V1, generating the additional depth buffers made our draw calls skyrocket from 8-900 into the 2-3k range and quickly became a no-go regardless of how good it looked...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.