Search Unity

[RELEASED] Blueprint/Schematic Skyboxes

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by MACHIN3, May 25, 2016.

1. MACHIN3

MACHIN3

Blueprint/Schematic 01, 02 and 03 are each a unique design that come in 10 consistent color variations.
    Blueprint/Schematic Vol.1 combines all three designs and each of their color variations, providing 30 skyboxes in total. You can save 16% there, if you are interested in getting all of them.

See this video for how to utilize Unity's "Tint Color" to get near limitless color variations out of the themes we do provide.

The skyboxes are perfectly seamless. They wrap a background around the viewer and resemble a blueprint or schematic, a pseudo technical drawing board if you want.
    This is perfect, if you want to present assets/units in your game or application, such as on a unit customization screen, or a tech screen, etc.

The textures are provided in .psd format for 2 reasons
    1. it's lossless and Unity reads it perfectly
    2. you can change or remove labels/typographic elements easily, as they are kept on separate layers.

The textures are provided in cubemap layout(row) for ease of use.

Each side of the cubemap is 2k in resolution(12288 x 2048 in total).

Should you need a custom color variation, that is beyond what you can do with the provided .psd files, please get in touch.​

No requirements, works with all Unity Versions!

More screenshots are available on machin3.io as well as on the individual asset pages on the asset store.
    Keep in mind, each color theme you see, is available for each of the skybox designs. Color themes are consistent across the assets.

Screenshots are roughly 1:1 of how they will appear as a skybox(albeit heavily cropped of course)

The MACHIN3 listens.

Last edited: Mar 15, 2017
    Gozdek and theANMATOR2b like this.
  2. MACHIN3

MACHIN3

[The MACHIN3 reserves this post.]

3. Gozdek

Gozdek

4. SAOTA

SAOTA

Yeah, Nice.

I'd like to try one if possible?

Last edited: May 26, 2016
  5. MACHIN3

MACHIN3

Hi SAOTA, have you seen the web previews? Would you prefer if the variations would be available as individual assets too?

6. closetgeekshow

closetgeekshow

I cannot get any of the web previews to work, I've tried with both IE and Firefox and even tried reinstalling the plugin - I've never had an issue getting a web preview to load so I don't get why it's not working

7. MACHIN3

MACHIN3

Wow, thank you so much for pointing this out. It should be fixed now.

closetgeekshow likes this.
  8. closetgeekshow

closetgeekshow

MACHIN3 likes this.
  9. MACHIN3

MACHIN3

I have no explanation, they do work for me. I'm thinking it must be a caching issue? Try hitting ctrl+f5?

ps: check your inbox!

10. imtrobin

imtrobin

your webplayer also doesn't work for me.

11. MACHIN3

MACHIN3

That's odd, all 4 are now working fine for closetgeekshow and for me as well.There's been a tiny snipped of JS missing before, and couldn't test, as I've been having no access to a windows or mac for a while.

What OS are you on? Do you have the unity plugin installed? What browser? Do you have JS enabled for machin3.io and unity3d.com?

Last edited: Jun 21, 2016
  12. imtrobin

imtrobin

windows 7. Yes. IE11, Opera. Js is enabled by default

13. MACHIN3

MACHIN3

I just wanted to mention that the issue above was not related to the assets or the webplayer on our site, but caused by Opera and is working fine in IE, Firefox, etc.

Also, I to bring a very useful, but easily overlooked Unity feature to your attention, that works beautifully in tandem with the color themes we already do provide for the skyboxes: Unity's "Tint Color" setting!

Using this you can get near limitless color variations or fine tune a color theme to your liking in real time.

Last edited: Mar 15, 2017