Search Unity

Beholder Vision Engine for Unity 5

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by Minsc, Apr 25, 2015.

1. Minsc

Minsc

BEHOLDER VISION ENGINE

Hi^^,

I would like to share with you a vision system I did for bots to detect something in Unity. I embeded it in a "bot eye" prefab that you can put to any of your bots. In the current version, the vision system doesn't spot something in his field of view if it is blocked by an object with sufficient opacity like a wall (or the enclosure of a camera), otherwise it is spotted. Please note that I tested it with Unity 5 materials. It also differentiates if the object is in the main field of view or "in the corner of the eye", so that you can more easily simulate realistic behaviours from the bots when they spot something. I put default parameters to simulate an human eye but you can change them. How you use it:

1. put one or more "bot eye" prefab(s) where you want him to see, the z axis facing the direction of the sight.
    2. insert the tag of the object you want to seek (a player for example) in the "tagseeked" field of the boteye, or use an algorithm for determining the target. I provided an empty shell for it (target_seeker script), and the FOV script gets the tag from there as long as you use the "tagseeked" variable of the target_seeker script.

And you are ready to go, you can then get the spotted variable and others such as "in awareness range" in your bot behaviour script(s) and make your bot react on it.

I explain that in this video:

The scripts are in C#

Please give me your feedback here so that I can better improve it.

The script has been submitted for review and will be I hope available soon on the asset store.

Last edited: May 10, 2015
  2. Minsc

Minsc

Hello, I corrected bugs and added a video to explain this script:

Last edited: Apr 26, 2015
    John-G likes this.
  3. Minsc

Minsc

Hello,

Unfortunately the pay per like system didn't really give out something... So I withdrew the asset from here and will submit it on the asset store for a fee, I would have preferred the other option but well it didn't work (the only likes yet were me and another guy from another place^^')

Last edited: May 6, 2015