Search Unity

[Released] AVPro Windows Media

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by AndrewRH, Jul 4, 2012.

1. MaxDesRoches

MaxDesRoches

I'm having some issues with playing mp4 files. The plugin seems to be able to play AVI files easily, but isn't able to load mp4.

I get the following error :

Code (JavaScript):
    1. [AVProWindowsMedia] Movie failed to load
    2. UnityEngine.Debug:LogWarning(Object)
    3. AVProWindowsMedia:StartVideo(String, Boolean, Boolean, Boolean, Boolean, Boolean) (at Assets/AVProWindowsMedia/Scripts/Internal/AVProWindowsMedia.cs:165)
    4. AVProWindowsMediaMovie:LoadMovie(Boolean) (at Assets/AVProWindowsMedia/Scripts/Components/AVProWindowsMediaMovie.cs:73)
    5. AVProWindowsMediaMovie:Start() (at Assets/AVProWindowsMedia/Scripts/Components/AVProWindowsMediaMovie.cs:50)
    7. [AVProWindowsMedia] Couldn't load movie movie.mp4
    8. UnityEngine.Debug:LogWarning(Object)
    9. AVProWindowsMediaMovie:LoadMovie(Boolean) (at Assets/AVProWindowsMedia/Scripts/Components/AVProWindowsMediaMovie.cs:84)
    10. AVProWindowsMediaMovie:Start() (at Assets/AVProWindowsMedia/Scripts/Components/AVProWindowsMediaMovie.cs:50)
    The file is encoded with H.264

Anybody has a solution for this ?

2. AndrewRH

AndrewRH

Hi MaxDesRoches, please refer to the documentation where we cover playback of MP4 files.

Thanks,

3. pajamajama

pajamajama

h264s that have an audio track (even if the track is empty), stutter and play back at like 4fps. I'm on Unity 4.6 and windows 8.1

4. AndrewRH

AndrewRH

5. pajamajama

pajamajama

Sent. Thank you!

6. AndrewRH

AndrewRH

AVPro Windows Media v2.70 has just been released!

Changes include:
    1. Added Unity 4.6 uGUI support
    2. Added Unity 5.0 beta support
    3. Support for Unity 3.x dropped
    4. Removed lots of legacy code used to support older versions of Unity
    5. Added ‘ignore flip’ feature which improves performance for videos that don’t require format conversion to RGBA32 and only require flip/orientation changes. Such videos formats include uncompressed RGBA32, Hap / Hap Alpha, Lagarith RGBA32.
    6. Improved performance of RGBA32 videos in Unity 5 DX11 due to not having to swap red-blue channels
    7. Improved preview with alpha channel view
    8. Improved manager with overview of all videos
    9. Trial watermark performance improvements
    10. Improved documentation
    Thanks,

7. shutok-JP

shutok-JP

Thank you for the update.
    When updates from old version, let's erase the old file.
    C:\Users\XXX\AppData\Roaming\Unity\Asset Store\RenderHeads Ltd\ScriptingIntegration\AVPro Windows Media.unitypackage (~ver2.64)

The new file has been stored in a different location.
    C:\Users\XXX\AppData\Roaming\Unity\Asset Store\RenderHeads Ltd\ScriptingVideo\AVPro Windows Media.unitypackage (ver2.70);)

8. virtualreal

virtualreal

Thanks for the update! I have a problem: when I play a video, the video is PINK, if I change the colour format to RGBA32, the video is GREY. My software are made with the previous version of AVPro Windows Media but I have reimported the new package of version 2.70

Please, could you tell me how to fix it?

9. AndrewRH

AndrewRH

After you imported the new package did you copy the new plugins folder over from the /Assets/AVProWindowsMedia folder into your root?

10. virtualreal

virtualreal

Thank you very much Andrew! It solved the problem :)

11. AVandC

AVandC

Hi Andrew,

I've just updated to the newest version and I'm having a consistent problem. When I try to launch a project (which used the previous version without any problems) I am thrown an error: "Plugin DLL not found. Unity needs the native plugin DLL files to be copied to the /Assets/Plugins folder. Would you like us to do that for you?" The first time I clicked yes, but it didn't solve the problem. The second time, I tried to manually move the contents of the Assets/Plugins folder (2 files) to the Plugins folder in the root, but I couldn't move them this way (The editor blocked me from moving the contents there). Finally I deleted the Plugins folder in root and coped the whole folder from AVProWindowsMedia/ to the root. It's still saying it can't find the dll files. I've also fiddled with import settings for the dll files - using the check-boxes so that AVProWindowsMedia-x64 is only active for x86_x64 and the other is only active for x86. Still nothing; every time I get the same error message. I am using Unity 5.0.0f2 on PC running Windows 7. Any thoughts?

12. outgoingnxt

outgoingnxt

Good afternoon
    Would like to ask to make some improvements to the script of video playback on uGui:
    - Add the ability to not stretch the image to the size of the video (adding bool SetNativeSizeVideo and Update if (SetNativeSizeVideo) SetNativeSize (); solves the problem)
    - Added ability to set default picture before and after playing the video, white background before and after playing not quite satisfied.

Just how do I change the transparency of video playback when playing on uGui?

13. cecarlsen

cecarlsen

Hallo Andrew

I'm trying to play Hap Alpha encoded video, so far without luck. I am using MPEG StreamClip 1.2 on Windows to convert a Prores4444 MOV file (that I for sure know contains alpha) to a Hap Alpha AVI file. The file plays back in AV Pro Windows Media, but without transparency. I have tried to apply all the transparent shaders I can think of to the playback material but it makes no difference.

Any idea what goes wrong? Could anyone be kind to provide a download link to a Hap Alpha avi file that works that I could test?

Here is the encoded file (10.7Mb):
    http://sixthsensor.dk/temp/unityforum/avprowindowsmedia/HapAlpha.avi.bin

Here is the original file (12.2Mb):
    http://sixthsensor.dk/temp/unityforum/avprowindowsmedia/Prores4444.mov

Last edited: Mar 12, 2015
  14. Nico20003

Nico20003

Hi, I just bough your software. It work great, but I wanted to know if its posible to encode the video so I cant be replaced with another one

thank

15. AndrewRH

AndrewRH

Hi Carl, just looking into this now...

16. AndrewRH

AndrewRH

Hi Carl,

There's definitely something wrong with the file...

I tried converting to Hap and HapQ with MPEG StreamClip and both of those worked fine. I can only guess that this software has a problem with transparent video conversion..Then I read this:

https://docs.google.com/document/pub?id=1QJsr8i5HhSaojJ8UwzYT5gbCtqnoDoDc7qFAtB1vsmg#h.mxahpsf907o

"-Mpeg Streamclip does *not* support rendering with an alpha channel"

I'm still looking into the cause but for now I would suggest using different software/process to convert your videos. I'll write back soon once I've investigated more.

Thanks,

17. AndrewRH

AndrewRH

Yes MPEG StreamClip definitely doesn't handle alpha channel content properly.

I'd recommend installing the Windows DirectShow Hap codec:
    http://www.renderheads.com/portfolio/HapDirectShow/

then then using Virtualdub to convert PNG frames to Hap AVI files

18. cecarlsen

cecarlsen

Thank you for the quick response Andrew, that made my day.

Too bad MPEG Streamclip is messing with the alpha channel, it's such a nice app otherwise. I got it working with VirtualDub now. It's not optimal that I have to convert to an image sequence. If anybody finds a smoother encoding workflow then please speak up.

19. Haitortiya

Haitortiya

Hello, with the latest update of AvPro (Windows) our users are having problems with the low fps (Lag) and slideshow effect. Our application use Oculus Rift and we are playing long videos in HD.

In the last version of AvPro it works perfectly.

Regards.

20. vladk

vladk

Hello.

Tried to upgrade my project from Unity 4.6 to Unity 5, now only audio plays and instead of video I see only black texture.

Is there anything "extra" needs to be done to upgrade properly?

21. bick_jp

bick_jp

Hi, I'm in trouble to build a scene and very appreciate if you can help.
    Thanks in advance.

Problem: scene cannot be built successfully (Target Platform is Windows). I can run the scene in Unity Editor, sound and video are played successfully. but when I build the scene (saved as "projectname.exe") and run it, I can only see a blackscreen after Unity5 logo appeared.

Software: I'm using Unity5 and AV PRO WINDOWS MEDIA Trial Asset.

Error log:
    Initialize engine version: 5.0.0f4 (5b98b70ebeb9)
    GfxDevice: creating device client; threaded=1
    Direct3D:
    Version: Direct3D 9.0c [nvd3dum.dll 9.18.13.1115]
    Renderer: NVIDIA Quadro K2000
    Vendor: NVIDIA
    VRAM: 1994 MB (via DXGI)
    Caps: Shader=30 DepthRT=1 NativeDepth=1 NativeShadow=1 DF16=0 INTZ=1 NULL=1 RESZ=0 SlowINTZ=0
    Begin MonoManager ReloadAssembly
    Platform assembly: C:\Users\xxx\Documents\New Unity Project 10\6_Data\Managed\UnityEngine.dll (this message is harmless)
    Loading C:\Users\xxx\Documents\New Unity Project 10\6_Data\Managed\UnityEngine.dll into Unity Child Domain
    Platform assembly: C:\Users\xxx\Documents\New Unity Project 10\6_Data\Managed\Assembly-CSharp.dll (this message is harmless)
    Loading C:\Users\xxx\Documents\New Unity Project 10\6_Data\Managed\Assembly-CSharp.dll into Unity Child Domain
    Platform assembly: C:\Users\xxx\Documents\New Unity Project 10\6_Data\Managed\UnityEngine.UI.dll (this message is harmless)
    Loading C:\Users\xxx\Documents\New Unity Project 10\6_Data\Managed\UnityEngine.UI.dll into Unity Child Domain
    - Completed reload, in 0.058 seconds
    <RI> Initializing input.

<RI> Input initialized.

desktop: 2560x1440 59Hz; virtual: 4240x1440 at 0,0
    <RI> Initialized touch support.

Platform assembly: C:\Users\xxx\Documents\New Unity Project 10\6_Data\Managed\System.Core.dll (this message is harmless)
    [AVProWindowsMedia] version 2.70 initialised

(Filename: C:/buildslave/unity/build/artifacts/generated/common/runtime/UnityEngineDebug.gen.cpp Line: 56)

[AVProWindowsMedia] Movie failed to load

(Filename: C:/buildslave/unity/build/artifacts/generated/common/runtime/UnityEngineDebug.gen.cpp Line: 56)

[AVProWindowsMedia] Couldn't load movie take02.mp4

22. idunnuhow

idunnuhow

Hi,
    I've been playing with the watermark version and i would like to know after buying how to remove the watermarks without rebuilding all the things. I'm guessing just replace the plugins?

Edit: ok replacing the plugins work.

Last edited: Mar 25, 2015
  23. vedranskarica

vedranskarica

Hi,
    I tried contacting you through e-mail but no reply. I was just wondering if there is an option in your Windows Media plugin to do manual frame advance? I tried several options with pause() and setting AVProWindowsMedia.PositionFrames but it doesn't work properly (either the actual frames don't get loaded, or it get's stuck on the first frame and doesn't advance, and various other issues). What would be the correct way to do manual frame advance?

Also, I see your Live Camera plugin supports DeckLink input. Do you perhaps have a plugin with DeckLink output? For example to send a chosen RenderTexture or Texture2D to DeckLink?

24. Gomabuk

Gomabuk

I've been trying to take advantage of the PlayClip feature, but I have an issue: when the end of the first clip is reached (or at least, the clip stops advancing and it appears to be at the end) MovieInstance.IsPlaying does not change to false.

I set up a coroutine that starts a clip and yields while IsPlaying is true, never gets to my debug statement after that. Do you have any suggestions/is this a bug or other known issue? I have a workaround for this, but it requires some overhead that I'd like to avoid so I'm hoping you have a better solution.

Edit: it also seems like my clip that I want to loop doesn't actually loop when true is passed as the loop parameter unless the player have Loop selected.

Using Unity5 and newest version of plugin.

Last edited: Mar 27, 2015
  25. dustinandrew

dustinandrew

I'm using Unity 5, version 2.70 of the plugin, and trying to play a 4k (3840x2160) H.264 MP4 video with the Haali Media Splitter installed for playback and it will not play. Player.Update(false) returns false. Not sure if this is related, but when the plugin loads the video, it says that the video is 720x480, but if you open it up in QuickTime and it says the correct size. If I try the same video, but a smaller size, like 1920x1080, it plays fine. Can I not do H.264 MP4s at 4k?

UPDATE: I switched to AVI and it works fine now.

Last edited: Apr 8, 2015
  26. Subzaku

Subzaku

Hi, i'm using unity 5 and version 2.7 plugin
    i am already successful building a video for oculus, it already works when i build it
    but when i copy the exe to another pc, it didn't work (all black), i already check it's not the movie file path that is the problem (i create a debugger and show message if the movie is not found)

it looks like everything is good but the movie is not loaded, can anyone help me? thanks

-----

after some checking i found the problem is here:
    my debugger firing Movie failed to load, but only if i copy the exe to another PC (another place at my PC is fine)

if (AVProWindowsMediaPlugin.LoadMovie(_movieHandle, filenamePtr, false, allowNativeFormat, useAudioDelay, useAudioMixer, useDisplaySync))
    {
    CompleteVideoLoad(useBT709, ignoreFlips);
    }
    else
    {

Debugger.Log("[AVProWindowsMedia] Movie failed to load");
    Debug.LogError("[AVProWindowsMedia] Movie failed to load");
    Close();
    }

Last edited: Apr 14, 2015
  27. techmage

techmage

I can't figure out how to get videos compressed to HAP to work with this plugin.

I installed the directshow hap filter. Then installed the 32 bit version of virtual dub. But HAP does not show up in the codec list under video > compression? In dire need of help here please.

28. Nico20003

Nico20003

Is there any chance to get h265 support?

29. AndrewRH

AndrewRH

AVPro Windows Media uses DirectShow, so if you can install an h265 DirectShow filter then it will work.

The LAV filter pack includes a h.265 DirectShow filter I'm sure.

Thanks,

30. AndrewRH

AndrewRH

We also encountered this recently. You may have to also install the VS2008 runtime:
    http://www.microsoft.com/en-gb/download/details.aspx?id=29

31. AndrewRH

AndrewRH

Take a look at the FrameExtract demo - it steps through the frames and waits for the new frame to arrive.

We do have a plugin that supports DeckLink output but it is internal, please email us directly for more details.

Thanks,

32. AndrewRH

AndrewRH

Hi Gomabuk,

Yes the Clip feature is fairly new and we have been fixing some of these issues. Clips should be much improved in the next release coming out soon.

Thanks,

33. AndrewRH

AndrewRH

We have a section in the documentation about how to achieve 4K H.264 playback - you may find some useful information in there.

Thanks,

34. dzl483

dzl483

Hi team, I am about to buy the plugin for Windows Media. But I have an important function to confirm before purchasing.
    I plan to control the framerate in realtime, which means the playback speed can be changed at any time I want using keyboard. So it is possible to control the framerate realtime? Thank you.

35. AndrewRH

AndrewRH

Yes it is possible ( we have a function for that ), but the results will depend on your choice of codec. Some codecs take a few moments to respond to a change in playback speed. Also negative playback speed is not currently supported. For this you would need to pause the video and seek through the frames yourself. Again the performance of this depends on the codec used.

Both of our video plugins have free trial versions that you can download from our website. This might be your best option to test for the functionality you're after.

Thanks,

36. Nico20003

Nico20003

Hi, I am using the hap codec.
    And in the quicktime player is working fine, but wen I use it on unity I se some unwanted "banding"
    I atteched a screenshot of the issue

37. AndrewRH

AndrewRH

Gradients in video often gives poor results..
    But it's strange that it's appearing differently in Unity.. Could you send me the file to check?
    I wonder if your have your Player Settings set to Gamma or Linear color space?

Thanks,

38. Nico20003

Nico20003

39. dustinandrew

dustinandrew

I'm still having issues playing a 4k H.264 MP4 video on Windows 7 with the AVProWindowsMedia plugin. It loads, but when played, nothing, just the first frame. Player.Update(false) returns false and the plugin logs an incorrect video size when loading the video, it says 720x480 when the video is 3840x2160. I've installed and tried both the LAV and Haali Media splitters for decoding as suggested from the docs.

40. AndrewRH

AndrewRH

Hi,

Did you try disabling the default h264 decoder in Windows? If not please check out the PDF documentation Appendix A section A1.4.3:

Q: I’m trying to play a very high quality H.264 video and I only get a blank screen
    with audio playing, how can I fix it?

A: Windows 7 and 8 have their own preferred list of codecs and (at least in Windows 7) the DirectShow video decoder is unable to play H.264 videos encoded with the “High” profile only handle “Simple” and “Main”) or videos larger than 1080p.

1) Install LAV filters
    2) Install Codec Tweaker
    3) Run Codec Tweaker, go to “Preferred decoders” and change “H.264” from
    “Microsoft” to “LAV Video”.

I hope that works for you.

41. dustinandrew

dustinandrew

Thanks! I missed the codec tweaker part, but after doing that, still no luck. :(
    Andrew, I emailed you links to a few different compressions of the video. Can you please take a look and let me know if the problem is the video? Thanks.

42. AndrewRH

AndrewRH

Did you try a reboot after runing the codec tweaker? Also, make sure you don't have codec packs (LAV is okay though) installed on your system as they can often add to the confusion. I'll check the links in the email and get back to you - thanks.

43. pajamajama

pajamajama

Hey Andrew, any timeline on fixing the clip bugs? I'm trying to loop clips but the movie components loop property seems to override. I can either have all clips loop, or none, but not a mix of both. Thanks for the help!

44. dustinandrew

dustinandrew

Yup, I uninstalled Haali splitter, installed LAV, rebooted, same problem. Thanks.

45. timothyallan

timothyallan

Hi there, I noticed that mp4 video's in 2.7 still appear yellow/green when using Linear color. Is this on a timeline to be fixed at all?

Last edited: Jun 9, 2015
    olix4242 likes this.
  46. ScarfCookies

ScarfCookies

Hi there, i notice you stated that version 2.7 is available but when i pull from the asset store i'm still getting version 2.64. where am i suppose to download 2.7

on another note. for some reason none of the videos in my current project are currently displaying. It was working fine yesterday but today none of the videos work not even the demo ones you included. I'm using unity5 with versino 2.64

47. mr-sambarlow

mr-sambarlow

Hi,

Had a crash report from a user today that I haven't heard until now. I'll quote directly--

"The game ran perfectly until I ran clip XXX , at which point a pop up appeared informing me the game wanted to use ffdshow. I told it this was OK after which the video played -- but without sound. At the end of the clip the game froze and crashed. Replaying the clip after restarting the game did not result in a crash, but there was still no sound."
    Any suggestions as to what is going wrong here?

48. kdarius43

kdarius43

So I am trying to switch between two videos. I kind of hacked together this code but really dont think this is the right way to go about it. Secondly when I switch the two videos there is a flash. Is only about 1 frame but you do notice it. Is there anyway to get ride of that flash? Any ideas on how to fix this would be great.

Code (JavaScript):
    2.       if(Input.GetKeyDown ("c")){
    4.               string filePath = Path.Combine("Assets/Video","filename.mp4");
    5.                 _moviePlayer.StartVideo(filePath, allowNativeFormat, _colourFormat == ColourFormat.YCbCr_HD, _useAudioDelay, _useAudioMixer, _useDisplaySync, _ignoreFlips);
    6.                 _moviePlayer.Play();        
    7.             }
    9.             if(Input.GetKeyDown ("x")){
    10.                 string filePath = Path.Combine("Assets/Video","file2name.mp4");
    11.                 _moviePlayer.StartVideo(filePath, allowNativeFormat, _colourFormat == ColourFormat.YCbCr_HD, _useAudioDelay, _useAudioMixer, _useDisplaySync, _ignoreFlips);
    12.                 _moviePlayer.Play();        
    13.             }
    16. Thank you

49. aps502

aps502

Hi

Can anyone tell me if it is possible to use AVPro to apply a video to a GameObject plane or Sphere. I can do it with movieTexture easily but it is not immediately clear with AVProWindows. Are there any demos available?

Ultimately i'd like to place an OVRCameraRig inside the sphere to allow viewing of panoramic VR, the AVPro documention alludes to another method - i'm not sure which is best for viewing over Oculus Rift DK2.

Thanks

50. AndrewRH

AndrewRH

Yes, take a look at the "Material Mapping Demo". This demo shows you how to apply the video textures to 3D geometry. This is done by 2 included helper scripts: AVProWindowsMediaMeshApply.cs or AVProWindowsMediaMaterialApply.cs These scripts apply a video texture to a mesh or material (which can then be applied to a mesh). It should be pretty easy.

Thanks,