Search Unity

[Released] AVPro QuickTime (DEPRECATED)

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by AndrewRH, Jul 4, 2012.

1. german2000

german2000

Hello

I am going to run this plugin in WINDOWS8 64 bit
    And I found that all plane are going to be white and no video can be play.
    May I know what should I do??

ryanmillerca likes this.
  2. Sometimes_Always_Never

Sometimes_Always_Never

Wanted to add that this is a really powerful piece of functionality, but it can be a frustrating user experience to set-up. The instructions aren't entirely clear, and the set-up process is odd, so the confusion here is a result of these choices.

I'm also experiencing the yellow filter on all videos, even the demo scenes. Adjusting the shader doesn't solve this. I'm on OS X Mavericks.

Any ideas? Will follow-up via email support as well. Thank you!

Last edited: Nov 15, 2014
  3. Sometimes_Always_Never

Sometimes_Always_Never

Figured out the yellow filter on videos. It is a mix of the Rendering Path and Color Space. These are located at Player Settings > Other Settings >.

I'm having success with Deferred lighting and Gamma. Setting to Linear for example makes everything yellow.

4. ryanmillerca

ryanmillerca

Hey there, I've moved my plugins folder from Assets/AVProQuicktime/Plugins to Assets/Plugins and I'm still getting an error message, "[AVProQuickTime] Unity couldn't find the DLL, did you move the 'Plugins' folder to the root of your project? UnityEngine.Debug:Log(Object)" and several related exceptions. Latest version of Quicktime is installed.

Windows 8.1 Unity 4.5.5 on x86 Windows build settings. Help? This is a pretty expensive plugin to have an issue like this persist for so many users.

The same project works fine on OS X 10.10.

Last edited: Nov 29, 2014
  5. ryanmillerca

ryanmillerca

Update: The plugin works fine in it's own fresh project, but when combined with the Oculus plugin it seems to stop working on Windows 8. Perhaps the Oculus plugin is forcing Unity into 64-bit mode on Windows? These get along fine on Mac OS.

Once I remove the Oculus plugin files from my project, I continue to get DLL Not Found errors until I restart Unity. Perhaps you could investigate this? Oculus+AVProQuicktime on OS X is fine, but on Windows 8 has issues.

Update: Seems I only need to remove the Oculus Plugins/x86_64 and Plugins/x86 folders to get AVProQuicktime working again.

Even if I make a Windows build on my Mac and copy it to Windows (with the Oculus plugin), it crashes mentioning your DLL file.

Last edited: Nov 29, 2014
  6. Exsight

Exsight

Same kind of problem for me, all video plugin for Mac I could test didn't work with Oculus.
    You can check here the Oculus topic about that.

ryanmillerca likes this.
  7. Krivoi

Krivoi

Hi,
    I'm using latest plugin with Unity 4.6 to playback dual H264 1080 videos on two monitors simultaneously.
    Looks like it's dropping frames or rather stuttering, even though the PC(win8.1) is quite capable - 8 core i7 and GTX 770.
    CPU load is at 7%.
    I tried different formats too mov PJPG, mov HAP but the stutter is till there.
    Unity FPS shows at 40 and over.
    Even if I only show one video it's still doing it just a bit less.
    Any ideas?

Thanks,
    Alex

8. ryanmillerca

ryanmillerca

H264 will stutter, it's a very complex compression, even for an i7, running under these odd conditions. Look into HAP. Your video files will be much bigger, but they will be lag free. http://vdmx.vidvox.net/blog/hap

9. ryanmillerca

ryanmillerca

Another update: Oculus Plugin and AVProQuickTime plugin get along fine together on Windows 8 if my Oculus DK2 is not plugged in or not turned on. Perhaps it's more an issue with the drivers? Going to try an older Oculus runtime.

Last edited: Dec 3, 2014
  10. Krivoi

Krivoi

I tried HAP Q, still does that, seem like it's stutters even more often.
    PJPG suppose to be easier on CPU as well but that didn't help either.
    I also tried running on i5 with Intel graphics, got very similar perfomance.

Do you know if Windows Media plugin has this issue as well?

Last edited: Dec 3, 2014
  11. Yalfbal

Yalfbal

Hello,

Someone knows how must I setup the plugins to get it working on Unity 5?

12. ryanmillerca

ryanmillerca

That's odd.. are you running this off an SSD or an old-fashioned drive?

13. Krivoi

Krivoi

I'm loading all videos in to the memory first before playing (mem is at 200Mb when running standalone), using textures on planes. If I try to switch between them off of the disk it would always drop frames while loading.
    I actually have 6 videos loaded, and play them in pairs.

Today I got Windows Media plugin and it does seem to handle dual videos better, almost no stutter but still happens once in a while. Again, HAP Q seems to be doing it a bit more then divx.
    Very strange, didn't think that playing back two full HD clips would be such a challenge when CPU, GPU and codec are all up to the task.
    Do you guys have smooth playback? Am I doing something wrong?

14. ryanmillerca

ryanmillerca

One video at a time is smooth for me. Honestly haven't tried multiple running at once. I doubt they multithread all that well, probably sharing a cpu? Sorry I can't be of much help with that.

You could combine both videos into one (extra wide) and then render it with Mesh Apply on poly surfaces that are UV-Unwrapped to show one of the videos each.

I want to give the Windows Media Plugin a try, but don't want to drop another $200 on something that might not work with Oculus.

Last edited: Dec 4, 2014
  15. rtgray

rtgray

We've been using the DK2 with AVProQuicktime for the last month or so. The trick I've found is to only use it in editor on a mac, on PC the Oculus plugin appears to just devour the AVProQuicktime plugin. When you create a PC build (on the mac) you can go into the created build folder and paste the AVProQuicktime.dll back into the project.

I believed this worked although recently after checking crash logs (the program will crash randomly somewhere between 8 and 15 minutes) it seems to be searching for and not finding the DLL. Before the crash it actually works and plays the video as expected (and man, it plays the really huge videos we're using, with alpha, really nicely… until it doesn't).

My assumption was it was AVProQuicktime not playing nicely with Windows, but after seeing your post I'm back to assuming it's probably the DK2 combo. I haven't been able to get any response from the Oculus guys, unfortunately. Time to do more testing, I guess.

Edit: Something that also helps is if you copy and paste the AVProQuicktime plugin into the _x86 and _x86_64 folders.
    http://www.noesisengine.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=456

Last edited: Dec 5, 2014
    ryanmillerca likes this.
  16. Exsight

Exsight

I can confirm that AvProWindows works well in editor and builds with DK2 on Windows 7.

AvProQuickTime still crashes with builds (either W7 or 8) just after launch so I'm also using it in editor with scene tab closed to maximize performance.

AvProQuickTime gives better results for a 3K video file with HAP codec than AvProWindows (LAV / Haali filters) on Windows 7.

17. danboutros

danboutros

No mobile support ever? A real shame. This looks like the real deal for video on a 3D object in Unity.

18. timothyallan

timothyallan

I'm getting the yellow videos as well in Linear space on Win 8.1 64bit. Emailed support.

Edit: Fixed the yellow by changing the Colour Format to RGBA32 in the Movie script. Now it uses 3x the CPU usage though. I'm maxing out a i7 4.5GHz with 3 small videos.

Last edited: Jan 3, 2015
  19. MGS-Shawn

MGS-Shawn

Considering buying this product as it should save a ton of time, but wondering if it is still supported. Havn't seen an update or support response here for the last 7 months.

20. quotia

quotia

w/r/t ffmpeg & x264 files stuttering in AVPro playback, i did some of my own testing and ended up with this:

ffmpeg -i <INPUT> -c:v libx264 -pix_fmt yuv420p -preset ultrafast -tune fastdecode -tune zerolatency <OUTPUT>

the ultrafast preset was the only one that i found which completely eliminated stuttering. superfast is still pretty smooth but there were occasional hiccups.

also i am playing back a single 1536x1536 29.97 fps video.

-----------
    i've had great success with the HAP codec, at various resolutions: 3kx3k and 2kx2k, although the files are absolutely immense. a few minutes of 3kx3k can easily end up like 80gb. i have also had unity crash without any log or error a lot using avpro, and i feel like it was happening more frequently with the 3k frames.

21. gmxtian

gmxtian

I ran into the same problem. I have a tenacious workaround that seems to be okay for now. Copy the AVProQuickTime.dll into the x86 directory. I think this works because the AVPro dll gets loaded first whereas in the other case the Kinect2 dll gets loaded first and also loads something that AVPro does not like.

22. MT3

MT3

I've run into issues with the new Unity GUI rendering behind videos and I was wondering how it's going on an update or if there are other solutions to this issue?

Thanks

23. maria-dev

maria-dev

avpro quick time has free version too and its just trail.

24. psychicvrlab

psychicvrlab

Hi I purchased the asset today. I'd like to project my movie to a sphere object which is UV-unwrapped. It seems that movie texture is not rendered with UV-wrapping. Is there a way to apply UV-mapping to video texture?

Last edited: Jan 29, 2015
  25. psychicvrlab

psychicvrlab

I was wrong. UV-mapping actually works with AVPro.

26. mrgoonie

mrgoonie

Hello,

I'm not sure about posting question here, but I don't know anywhere else to ask.

This plugin is working just fine on Mac, but when I published the app to Windows (x86) and try to run it on a PC, it throws an error everytime I use this player, then crash the app.

I looked into the crash log and it says:

Do you know what's the problem with it?

Thanks in advance,

27. timothyallan

timothyallan

Hate to ask, but do you have Quicktime installed on the PC?

28. RicardoViana

RicardoViana

Hi !!
    Can you tell me if this is working in Mac OS X 10.10 Yosemite?

thanks
    R

29. techmage

techmage

This doesn't seem to work in Unity 5.

30. highlyinteractive

highlyinteractive

Hi, I'm getting a pink flash at the start of my videos. It happens in texture & also gui playback modes. This only happens on Windows. Is this something to do with my video encoding, or have you encountered another cause before? Thanks for your help.

31. winnertakesteve

winnertakesteve

Hey, I don't know if the developer is checking here, or if I should email you guys directly, but are there any soon-ish plans for unity 5 support? We purchased this plugin, and its a critical part of a project we creating with unity 4, but we would benefit SO MUCH from the additional tools in Unity 5... Here's hoping and praying!!

32. AndrewRH

AndrewRH

Hi Guys,

Support for Unity 4.6 and 5.0 has finally been added. Please try out the latest version on the Asset Store or download the new trial unitypackage from the website.

Version 3.0 of AVPro QuickTime has been released. Changes include:
    • Added Unity 4.6 and 5.0 support
    • New uGUI component
    • Added ‘ignore flips’ options to boost performance in some circumstances
    • Improved editor preview with ability to view alpha channel
    • Updated minimum version to Unity 4.1
    • Support for Unity 3.x dropped
    • Removed lots of legacy code used to support older versions of Unity
    • Improved performance of RGBA32 videos in Unity 5 DX11 due to not having to swap red-blue channels
    • Improved preview with alpha channel view
    • Improved manager with overview of all videos
    • Trial watermark performance improvements
    • Improved documentation
    Thanks,

33. gmxtian

gmxtian

How do I play a video backwards? I set the PlaybackRate to negative but this had no effect.

34. Weebleboy

Weebleboy

We're also having problems with the DLL on Windows 8. Builds work fine on one PC, but not on the other with:

DllNotFoundException: C:/Users/Coder/Desktop/Lincoln_Builds_v2/Chaplin_MASTER_Data/Plugins/AVProQuickTime.dll
    at (wrapper managed-to-native) AVProQuickTimePlugin:Init ()

at AVProQuickTimeManager.Init () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

(Filename: Line: -1)

Any chance of some official feedback from the developers on this?

Update: Our build settings for 'Architecture' was x86_64 on the machine that was having issues, putting this back to x86 solved the problem

Last edited: Mar 18, 2015
  35. Iso_anton

Iso_anton

It should be mentioned that Mac OS X is NOT supported in the latest release.
    This is due to Unity 5 only being available in 64-bit for OS X and QuickTime only supporting 32-bit.

Any idea when you might find a way for Mac users to upgrade?

36. SuperTalesNat

SuperTalesNat

My NGUI overlays aren't working in the 3.0 release of the plugin.

I've gotten it working in an app, with streaming files coming in from a server, but the movie plane is always over NGUI, no matter what i try to do.

Is this even possible with the 3.0 version of the plugin? I saw the uGui support that was added, and the AV Pro version has the NGUI support, but where is the same NGUI control in the QTPro plugin?

Last edited: Apr 10, 2015
  37. Wolfram

Wolfram

Hello AndrewRH,

I am using AVProQuickTime, and use the streaming feature via AVProQuickTimePlugin.MovieSource.URL.
    In principle this is working fine, but when I stop playing a movie, it keeps continuing to download the whole movie, even if it is no longer playing. This could be fatal (worst case scenario: Windows Tablet with SIM-Card, you start watching a video, realize you are not in your WiFi, and press cancel, assuming that the download now stops. Instead, the plugin happily keeps downloading the 2-hour 1080p-movie in the background, costing you about a gazillion dollars).

Is there a call/method to actually cancel a streaming-in-progress?

We already call AVProQuickTimeMovie.Pause(); which in turn calls AVProQuickTimePlugin.Stop(_movieHandle); (we checked that it did), but it does not stop the download stram.

Thanks a lot!

Regards,
    Wolfram

38. techmage

techmage

Well that just made a $200 plugin kind of useless.

39. Subliminalman

Subliminalman

I started to use this pluggin for an app and at first it worked awesomely! Now I'm getting grey flashing even in the demo scenes that came with the pluggin. I removed the pluggin and reinstalled but doesn't seem to do anything. I'm at a loss
    at what to do.

I did have to go between computers over the weekend, I started on my work computer then to my personal then back to my work with my work running windows 7 and my personal running OSx. I don't know if that matters but it stopped working after I got back to my work computer though I couldn't test on my personal.

I'm using the demo pluggin to test with.

40. Subliminalman

Subliminalman

I was able to get it working by using an NGUI Texture and using the NGUI shader Texture Transparent (Clipped) then adding the AVTextureApply component to the object. You do have to change a small thing in the NGUI Texture code to make the mTexure variable public but that's it.

41. TheFulla

TheFulla

I've recently upgraded my project to unity 4.6 and have also updated the AVPro Quicktime plugin to 3.0, I am on windows 7 I have all of the required codecs, the latest version of Quicktime installed, build settings set to x86.

I have tried the demo scenes and the videos on all of them are just a pink screen, on my project itself I get as far as the code below which returns false, filename = \\Users\\me\\Desktop\\3D_Waves.m4v , have tried multiple videos including the ones from the example demo.

Has anyone else experienced this? I'm working on a very tight deadline and would appreciate any help I could get with this.

EDIT: Apparently any video is only loading in the demo scenes if I disable Allow YUV, this is in builds or in Editor

Code (csharp):
    1.  loadedOK = AVProQuickTimePlugin.LoadMovieFromFile(_movieHandle, ptr, Loop, allowYUV);

Last edited: May 14, 2015
  42. AndrewRH

AndrewRH

Hmm...it should work...Perhaps try a different codec?

43. AndrewRH

AndrewRH

Hi, feel free to email us for a more direct response.

This is very strange though - I have not heard of this sort of behaviour before... I wonder if perhaps you didn't copy the DLLs over from the /Assets/AVProQuickTime/Plugins folder over the /Assets/Plugins in your root?

That's my best guess at the problem..

If that doesn't help then please let me know and we'll try to work it out together.

Thanks,

44. AndrewRH

AndrewRH

Hi,

I'm amazed to hear you're using the streaming URL feature as it's still really a beta feature and not one that we've had much luck finishing :) Perhaps you could email us your project with the URL it is using and we can debug it to work out why it's not stopping, or add a new feature to stop the downloading?

Thanks,

45. Garm-r

Garm-r

Hi,

I was using your AvPro Quicktime Plugin and have just purchased it and upgraded my project to the full version.
    However my videos still have the trial watermark.

I deleted the AVProQuicktime Folder and reimported it, but it still displays the watermark.
    Am I missing something?

Thanks

EDIT: Forgot to update the plugin folder -_-;

Last edited: May 28, 2015
  46. znerolnoht

znerolnoht

Hi, Just wondering if you have a timeline for Unity 5 support for OS X.
    Can't wait to start using your product.

Thanks,
    Thon

47. david-hartono

david-hartono

Hi guys,
    I tried the plugin demo scene and on unity 32 bit editor I got only sound on sorenson sample movie, the rest doesnt play,
    Also HAP video doesn't do anything I just see the box with checkerbox although the timeline in the control is moving forward and the video is loaded successfully
    I'm on
    Operating System
    Windows 7 Professional 64-bit SP1
    with
    ATI FirePro V4800 (FireGL) (Dell) 59 °C
    ATI FirePro V4800 (FireGL) (Dell) 49 °C
    And HAP codec installed.

Could you please let me know what I need to do to make it work?
    Thanks in advance!
    David

48. BeyondReality

BeyondReality

The 5.1 update for Unity was just released, with a lot of bugfixes.
    Since this version the AVPro Quicktime has stopped working. The video appears as black. I hope you guys can fix this soon. Great work in the plugin so far!

49. tlutz

tlutz

Hello,

I've been using this plugin for quite a few projects, and I must say, I am pleased!

I was curious if there is any support for quicktime files that have 5.1 or 7.1 sound? I am currently trying to create a simulation experience that depends on the movie's audio file generating surround sound.

I know that we can setup 3D audio files and move those around to get different speakers to pick it up, but really need to know if this can be done from one 5.1/7.1 audio file (from within the movie) outputting to the speakers.

Thank you for the wonderful plugin and any input you can provide!

50. AndrewRH

AndrewRH

Version with fixed Unity 5.1 support has just been released.