Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

[Released] Android Native Plugin

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by stanislav-osipov, Sep 20, 2013.

1. Skatola

Skatola

i have a problem with the photopicker function....callback doesn't work if there is 5-6 texture2d in scene, seems like some kind of assets overload...anyone have a solution for that?

2. John_1379

John_1379

Hi,

Which version is stable??

I see many updates... I ask as I am sure many of us only need it for the basic features (ads, shop, social).

Which version works well (incl. playmaker action which in v7 has errors).

many thanks

3. AlexRay

AlexRay

Hello,
    The newest stable version is Android Native v7.1.1 available in Asset Store.

What version of the plugin do you use in your project?
    What errors do you have in your project with Playmaker actions?

Best regards,
    Alex

4. AlexRay

AlexRay

Hello,
    I don't think, that any asset overloading takes place here.
    More likely you just messed up with image picked events callbacks.

Could you provide some code snippets to make me able to help you with this case?

Best regards,
    Alex

5. AlexRay

AlexRay

Hello,

According to Social Sharing.
    Please, could you provide code snippets you use for sharing an image with text?
    By the way, did you test SocialSharing example scene?

According to Ads clicks.
    To get your banners clickable, please, check AndroidManifest.xml file and search for
    Code (CSharp):
    1. <meta-data android:name="unityplayer.ForwardNativeEventsToDalvik" android:value="true" />
    Please, be sure, that android:value="true" set to true.

Best regards,
    Alex

6. AlexRay

AlexRay

Hello,
    To find out the reason of such behavior, please, could you provide LogCat logs from your device while consuming the product.
    Did you test Android Native Billing Example scene with your product IDs?
    Billing Example scene with Playmaker actions also exists in plugin package.
    So, it may useful for you.

Best regards,
    Alex

7. AlexRay

AlexRay

Hello,
    There is no such functionality in Android Native.
    I want to say, that we have few similar feature requests.
    So, probably such a feature will be available with upcoming updates.
    I can not say exactly how long it will take because of it's low priority.

Keep looking forward for future updates.

Cheers!

8. AlexRay

AlexRay

Hello,
    Every participant in Real-Time multiplayer match (and Turn-Based the same) has different ID for every multiplayer match
    and only one unique ID as Google player. E.g. one player may be included in a few turn-based multiplayer matches (real-time can be only one). So, participant ID will be different for each match, but player ID is single unique ID and is the same for all the matches.

To get current player participant ID, you have to enumerate through all the participants in the current room, check match id of each player to be equals to Google Player ID.
    Code sample is following:
    Code (CSharp):
    1. GP_RTM_Room room; //Your room instance here
    2.         foreach (GP_Participant p in room.participants) {
    3.             if (p.playerId.Equals(GooglePlayManager.Instance.player.playerId)) {
    4.                 return p.id; //This GP_Participant is current player
    5.             }
    6.         }
    Cheers!

9. AlexRay

AlexRay

Hello,
    Please, provide more detailed information to make me able to help you with this case.

At first I want to know what plugin version do you use?
    Full LogCat logs from your Android device will be really helpful for me to find out the reason of such behavior.

Looking forward to your reply.
    Cheers!

10. AlexRay

AlexRay

11. AlexRay

AlexRay

Hello,
    These warnings caused by the refactor changes in the plugin scripts.
    That's not an issue. It should take a couple of minutes to fix all these errors in your project and to be ready to go.

Best regards,
    Alex

12. AlexRay

AlexRay

Hello,
    If this question is still relevant for now, let's try to clarify this case.

Did you try the latest Android Native version? Actually leaderboard data loading.
    Android Native v7.1.1 available in Asset Store has the latest Google Play Service.
    So, the issue you are facing most likely has been fixed already.

If you have any additional questions - I am open to the conversation.
    Cheers!

13. AlexRay

AlexRay

Hello,
    My answer is no. Just NO!
    This code is completely wrong!

Correct Google Play Connection example is following:
    Code (CSharp):
    1. GooglePlayConnection.ActionConnectionResultReceived += ActionConnectionResultReceived;
    2. GooglePlayConnection.Instance.Connect ();
    4. private void ActionConnectionResultReceived(GooglePlayConnectionResult result) {
    5.     if(result.IsSuccess) {
    6.         Debug.Log("Connected!");
    7.     } else {
    8.         Debug.Log("Cnnection failed with code: " + result.code.ToString());
    9.     }
    10. }
    You have to subscribe to ActionConnectionResultReceived event and call GooglePlayConnection.Instance.Connect method.

Best regards,
    Alex

14. AlexRay

AlexRay

Hello,
    The situation according to this case for now is following.
    At first you have the option to show or not the notification while your application is running in a foreground.
    You can find this option in Android Native Settings editor window.

If the user clicks on notification when App is in the background mode or even closed, your app will start after notification click.
    One important thing: For now there is no callback method into Unity after notification click and application start.
    This feature will be added in upcoming plugin updates.

So, keep looking forward to future updates.
    Cheers!

15. AlexRay

AlexRay

Hello,
    Do you use OnApplicationPause methods on any of your game scene objects?
    Please, check it. Most likely you have level loading logic implemented there.
    When the Leaderboards Activity (and Interstitial Ads activity as well) appear your application gets OnApplicationPause method call. So, one of the reasons of such behavior can be located in such a cases.

Other places are interstitial ads callback methods.
    The list of insterstitial ads callbacks is following:
    GoogleMobileAd.OnInterstitialLoaded
    GoogleMobileAd.OnInterstitialOpened
    GoogleMobileAd.OnInterstitialClosed
    GoogleMobileAd.OnInterstitialLeftApplication

According to Google Play Services connection problems.
    Great instructions set you can find here.
    This guide has been kindly provided by @aer0ace.
    Many thanks for the author of this blog!

My advice for you is to check your project.
    I am sure, that issue with scenes reloading is related to your own scripts.
    Anyway, feel free to ask me any questions - I am open to the conversation.

Best regards,
    Alex

Last edited: Nov 10, 2015
  16. AlexRay

AlexRay

Hello guys,
    You have to provide Android LogCat logs from your device to make me able to help you both.
    Or the best approach is to contact The Stan's Assets Support Team via support@stansassets.com.

Best regards,
    Alex

17. AlexRay

AlexRay

Hello,
    There are two common approaches how to provide data for clued save.
    • Serialize your data in JSON format. In such a case, you should save your variables as key-value pairs in a dictionary, summarize in a final string and provide it for a new snapshot as saved data. What JSON reader/writer to use is up to you as a developer.
    • Serialize your data as a byte array. With this approach you have to implement your own binary reader and writer to be able to serialize and deserialize your game data. You can search over C# .NET classes to find the best approach for you.
    Best regards,
    Alex

18. AlexRay

AlexRay

Hello,
    The situation with your project is following.
    As I correctly understand you are using a lot of plugins in your project.
    And native Android JAR-libraries contain a huge amount of methods.
    On a native side, physical memory address should be assigned to every of these methods.

You have a lot of these methods - 71117 for your case (from error trace you provided).
    But Android Dalvik limitation is 65536.

You can find some discussions of this question here.

In a case of Unity environment, there are not so many cases to fix this issue.
    One important thing I want to tell you - please, make your project clean up!
    Remove all unnecessary native libraries. Any JAR-files, that you don't need for your project.
    That's the way to avoid this platform limitation.

If you have any additional questions - I am open to the conversation.

Best regards,
    Alex.

19. malyna

malyna

Hello,
    Is there a way to retrieve quest progress?

20. AlexRay

AlexRay

Hello,
    Retrieving quest progress is a new feature for AndroidNative plugin.
    This feature was added in the latest plugin version, but will be available in Asset Store with scheduled following update.

If you need this feature exactly now, please, feel free to contact the support team and request the latest plugin AndroidNative Unity package.

Best regards,
    Alex

21. malyna

malyna

Big thx!
    I will wait for the update

22. Log_N

Log_N

Hi,

I'm trying to use your solution for push notifications. The game crashes after receiving any notification, I found this in logcat:
    E/AndroidRuntime(14466): Caused by: java.lang.RuntimeException: Unable to instantiate receiver com.androidnative.gcm.GcmBroadcastReceiver: java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: Didn't find class "com.androidnative.gcm.GcmBroadcastReceiver" on path: ~~~~~~

Can you help me figure out what's wrong?

23. aer0ace

aer0ace

ClassNotFoundException, first place I'd look is to make sure I've installed the Android SDK properly, and then check again and again for the required component.

24. Log_N

Log_N

Actually I've tried it several times, even using legacy gcm.jar, but it doesn't help too.

25. AlexRay

AlexRay

Hello,
    ClassNotDefFound exception takes place when native JAR-libraries issues exist.
    That's not the case to use legacy gcm.jar here. It's not related to this situation.

What I want to advise you - please, try to reinstall/reimport AndroidNative plugin into your project, rebuild it and retest on Android device. It should help to fix mentioned exception.

Best regards,
    Alex

26. RoyalCoder

RoyalCoder

Hi Alex,
    I have some issues with Google Play Services, I get this error in adb :

11-17 00:08:06.984 30985-30985/? I/Unity﹕ AndroidJavaException: android.content.res.Resources$NotFoundException: String resource ID #0x0
    at UnityEngine.AndroidJNISafe.CheckException () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
    at UnityEngine.AndroidJNISafe.CallStaticVoidMethod (IntPtr clazz, IntPtr methodID, UnityEngine.jvalue[] args) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
    at UnityEngine.AndroidJavaObject._CallStatic (System.String methodName, System.Object[] args) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
    at UnityEngine.AndroidJavaObject.CallStatic (System.String methodName, System.Object[] args) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
    at AN_ProxyPool+<CallStatic>c__AnonStorey7C.<>m__70 () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
    at UnityEngine.AndroidJavaRunnableProxy.run () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
    at System.Reflection.MonoMethod.Invoke (System.Object obj, BindingFlags invokeAttr, System.Reflection.Binder binder, System.Object[] parameters, System.Globalization.CultureInfo culture) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
    Rethrow as TargetInvocationExceptio
    11-17 00:08:07.714 30985-31046/? I/Unity﹕ OnScoreSubmitted 6|CgkIpbOiqPwLEAIQCQ
    (Filename: ./artifacts/generated/common/runtime/UnityEngineDebugBindings.gen.cpp Line: 64)
    11-17 00:08:07.884 30985-31046/? I/Unity﹕ 1052
    (Filename: ./artifacts/generated/common/runtime/UnityEngineDebugBindings.gen.cpp Line: 64)
    11-17 00:08:07.889 30985-31046/? I/Unity﹕ NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
    at RealizariJucator.OferaRealizariUsturoiColectat (Int32 _valUsturoiColectat) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
    at RealizariJucator.OferaRealizare () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
    (Filename: Line: -1)

Please help me as soon as possible, thanks!

27. AlexRay

AlexRay

Hello,

There are new guidelines according to native resources flow in Unity 5.x versions.
    You call SubmitScore into leaderboard by leaderboard name. In such a case leaderboard name should be included in native resources .xml file.
    Minor actions needed to make them included into final APK build.

Anyway, if you submit score by leaderboard ID (not by name), such exceptions will not take place.
    For now I have the following solution instructions for you.

You have to move res folder to Assets/Plugins/Android/AN_Res/res
    Put a manifest and project settings in AN_Res and build for Android platform.
    AN_Res is a name for the resources folder, you can choose on your own freely.

AndroidManifest.xml file you can create with next tags
    Code (CSharp):
    1. <?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
    2. <manifest xmlns:android="http://schemas.android.com/apk/res/android" package="com.chartboost.sdk.unity" android:installLocation="preferExternal" android:theme="@android:style/Theme.NoTitleBar" android:versionCode="1" android:versionName="1.0">
    3.   <supports-screens android:smallScreens="true" android:normalScreens="true" android:largeScreens="true" android:xlargeScreens="true" android:anyDensity="true" />
    4.   <uses-sdk android:minSdkVersion="9" />
    5.   <application android:icon="@drawable/app_icon" android:label="[USER=7078]@String[/USER]/app_name" android:debuggable="true">
    6.     <activity android:name="com.unity3d.player.UnityPlayerNativeActivity" android:label="[USER=7078]@String[/USER]/app_name">
    7.       <intent-filter>
    8.         <action android:name="android.intent.action.MAIN" />
    9.         <category android:name="android.intent.category.LAUNCHER" />
    10.       </intent-filter>
    11.       <meta-data android:name="unityplayer.UnityActivity" android:value="true" />
    12.       <meta-data android:name="unityplayer.ForwardNativeEventsToDalvik" android:value="true" />
    13.     </activity>
    14.   </application>
    15. </manifest>
    Project settings file is attached to this message. Just remove .txt extension from the file ending, make it project.properties.
    Feel free to include this file to your Assets/Plugins/Android/AN_Res folder.

Please, follow these instructions to get your project fixed.
    Also, you may unzip your APK file after build and check native resources for existence.

If you have any additional questions - just let me know.
    Feel free to ask any information you need.

Best regards,
    Alex

Attached Files:

28. kilik128

kilik128

option for export CSV doest exist anymore ?

29. AlexRay

AlexRay

Hello,
    Please, could you clarify your question to make anyone able to understand you?

Best regards,
    Alex

30. kilik128

kilik128

in billing setting for export product list

31. AlexRay

AlexRay

No, you have to type in all In-App products into Ultimate Mobile Settings by yourself.

Cheers!

32. RoyalCoder

RoyalCoder

Hi @AlexRay , thanks for your earlier suggestion , I got other questions:

1. I'm trying to use Google Analytics, is enabled in ANP Settings, and initialising the Google Analytics Manager in my first scene but I'm not receiving any data in my Analytics Dashboard, and no errors in adb log, is there a possibility to check the connection between my app and google analytics ?

2. Can you please provide me an example how to write data for google cloud save, I got stuck with "writing a saved game data" for google cloud, I tried and tested SavedGamesExample but can't figure out how to write data, for example:

int points = 20;
    int bullets = 15;
    float time = 120f;

* how to write this values into data for google cloud save ? Thanks in advance !

33. atpkewl

atpkewl

Hi there,

the following command doesn't seem to submit score into leaderboard... the leaderboard is still empty. would you please help ?
    UM_GameServiceManager.Instance.SubmitScore("cCgkIwJid_123AIQAQ", BestScore_i);

34. omer-jolta-ios

omer-jolta-ios

i can use in unity5 Local Notification but i have some trouble found in your code
    callback method into Unity after notification click and application start.
    How can i do when i click on notification then i go to app where i want some popups etc
    please help me

35. atpkewl

atpkewl

Hi,

Instance.Connect() doesn't show welcome banner in Android. It does show Connecting to Game Services. Please advise. Thank you

UM_GameServiceManager.Instance.Connect ();

36. PGV3N0M

PGV3N0M

Hi @AlexRay,

I cannot connect to Google Play Game Services from your CustomLeaderboardUI scene , I've copied both my App ID and leaderboard to 'ids.xml' in res->values . From connect button , it opens the GooglePlay Game service pop up of my game and after few seconds of loading ring the Connection Result says INTERNAL_ERROR .

37. aaronflippo

aaronflippo

Heya,
    Just bought the plugin.

A couple concerns I have right away:

1. The directory structure could be more self-contained. I'm not sure why an Android native plugin needs to add a folder called "Facebook" to my root project directory, for instance. Could this go in a sub-folder that's specific to this plugin?

2. For an Android plugin, there are a lot of files and references to IOS and XCode. What am I missing here?

Thanks!

38. thematthopkins

thematthopkins

Feature Request -
    Fix compiler warnings within Android Native plugin.

I just switched over to Visual Studio Code. It's a lot more aggressive about outputting compiler warnings than Unity or MonoDevelop. I'm using Android Native 7.1.1 and there are a lot of compiler warnings within the library itself around unnecessary using statements, and some internal reference to obsoleted properties.

For now, I'm going to fix these myself, but it would be nice to have these fixed in the main library, so I don't have to re-fix after updating the library.

Thanks!

jprocha101 likes this.
  39. AlexRay

AlexRay

Hello,
    Please, could you provide me more additional information according to this case?
    The best approach is to provide me full LogCat log from your Android device while Google Play Service connection takes place.

If you have any additional questions - I am open to the conversations.

Best regards,
    Alex

40. thomas_triplefun

thomas_triplefun

Hello, have you planed to update the facebook sdk with a newest version in android native plugin ?
    Thank you.

41. Dr. Argento

Dr. Argento

I know i have to use JSON or BYTE for the save system, but really i don't know how to do it.. Anyone can help?

PS: @AlexRay @D0R1N

42. AlexRay

AlexRay

Hello,
    Unfortunately, for now Android Native does not have Local Notification click callback method.
    But I want to say, that this feature will be added very soon.

You can find out if the app was launched with the click by local notifications. And here is an example how:
    Code (CSharp):
    1. //listening for load event
    2. AndroidNotificationManager.instance.OnNotificationIdLoaded += OnNotificationIdLoaded;
    4. //loading app laucnh notifications id
    5. AndroidNotificationManager.instance.LocadAppLaunchNotificationId();
    7. private void OnNotificationIdLoaded (int notificationid){
    8. Debug.Log "App was laucnhed with notification id: " + notificationid);
    9. }
    If the returned notification is “-1” it means that the app wasn’t launched by clicking on local notification. But if it was will contain an id of notification with was used to launch the app.
    Note: Restoring from background using click on local notification will not update

So, keep looking forward for future plugin updates.
    Great new features are coming.

Best regards,
    Alex

43. AlexRay

AlexRay

Hello,
    Yes, the newest version of Android Native will be compatible with both Facebook SDK v6.2.2 & Facebook SDK v7.x.

The situation with Facebook SDKs is following.
    As you know, current version of Android Native supports Facebook SDK v.6.2.2 because the latest official SDK v7.2.2 requires Unity v5.x (from the Facebook SDK changelog).
    We worked a lot to make Android Native compatible with both SDKs.
    Facebook SDK v6.2.2 for developers, who use Unity v4.6.x, and Facebook SDK v7.x for developers, who use Unity v5.x.

New Android Native official update will be available during next week I think.
    Just listen to updates!

Cheers!

44. AlexRay

AlexRay

Hello,
    Facebook folder contains official Facebook SDK. There is no sub-folder because root project folder is default folder when you import official Facebook Unity SDK.
    If you don't use any Facebook functionality in your project, feel free to remove Facebook SDK from the Android Native Settings Inspector window.

One more thing I want to say, that for now Facebook SDK is included into plugin package by default.
    With following updated it will NOT.
    By the way, Facebook SDK v6.2.2 & Facebook SDK v7.x will be supported by Android Native.

The Stan's Assets plugins are compatible with each other. E.g. I imported Android Native at first, second I imported iOS Native or Google Mobile Ads. Many developers combine Ultimate Mobile and Mobile Social plugins in one project.
    As a result, some common things should be included in every plugin's package for compatibility.
    Such common scripts are included in GooglePlayCommon and StansAssetsCommon folders.
    That's the main reason!

Best regards,
    Alex

45. AlexRay

AlexRay

Hello,
    We are constantly working on plugin improvements to make the best experience for you.
    All the warnings should be fixed in future updates.

Anyway, if your scripts reference obsolete fields, such places should be fixed on your own.
    Thank you for your feedback!

Cheers!

46. AlexRay

AlexRay

Hello,
    What do you mean by 'welcome banner'?
    There are two places where popups take places while Google Play Connection.
    • Connecting PopUp. It's rectangle PopUp takes place, when the user is prompted to select account very first time. There is an option to show/hide this PopUp in Android Native Settings Inspector window.
    • Welcome PopUp. I think that's exactly what you are asking for. It's rounded corners PopUp, takes place after successful Google Play Service connection. Appearance of this PopUp is related to Google Play Service itself. There is NO Android APIs available to show/hide this PopUp. If you have another information according to this functionality - I am open to the conversation.
    Best regards,
    Alex

47. AlexRay

AlexRay

Hello,
    You call SubmitScore method with "cCgkIwJid_123AIQAQ" Leaderboard's ID. That's not correct.
    Leaderboard's ID in SubmitScore method means Leaderboard's ID from UltimateMobile Setting, but not the actual ID from Google Play Console.

You should add new leaderboard into Ultimate Mobile Settings. Give it an ID.
    Also, you have to provide Android Leaderboard's ID and iOS Leaderboard's ID.
    But submit/load scores you should by Ultimate Mobile Leaderboard's ID, not the particular Android or iOS ID.

Please, follow these instructions to get your SubmitScores works well.
    If any issues will take places, feel free to contact me.

Best regards,
    Alex

48. AlexRay

AlexRay

Hello,
    Guys, I'll be able to provide you sample shortly.
    Keep in touch!

Cheers!

Dr. Argento and RoyalCoder like this.
  49. RoyalCoder

RoyalCoder

OK @AlexRay , will wait with patience ;)

50. Dr. Argento

Dr. Argento

@AlexRay Waiting too, thanks in advance!.