Search Unity

[Released] Android Native Plugin

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by stanislav-osipov, Sep 20, 2013.

1. AlexRay

AlexRay

Hello,

I'll check log you provided and try to help you.
    By the way, you may always contact The Stan's Assets Support Team directly via e-mail.
    Feel free to ask any information you need.

Keep in touch, I'll give you my feedback soon.

Best regards,
    Alex

2. MrEsquire

MrEsquire

Yes this is the exact issue im having, when I tried the delay in a previous game it was a small hack but it never made the issue go away smoothly, I keep saying in the forum: I dont think this happened with older versions of the plugin, only started happening a few versions back, so if there number of people shouting about this, then I dont think its a issue with our games loading!!

3. AlexRay

AlexRay

Hello,

Let's clarify this case.
    There are few similar messages with Google Play Connection issue.
    As you can read previous messages in this thread, invoke Google Play Service connect will solve the problem in most cases.

We are doing a lot of work in our team to fix this issue at all.
    Also, I want to say, that new official Google Play Service library version is available for now.
    Google Play Service version will be updated in Android Native.
    So, we will do our best to make Google Play Service functionality work perfect.

Just for a reminder - you can contact The Stan's Assets Support Team directly via e-mail.
    You will get great assistance as soon as possible with any issues you struggle in your project.
    Feel free to ask any information. I am open to the conversation.

Best regards.

4. Chintao

Chintao

I have the same problem, my log also says: “Access Not Configured. The API (Google Play Games Services API) is not enabled for your project. Please use the Google Developers Console to update your configurations.”

don't know, where i made a mistake, i setup my google play games, and changed the ids.xml, but no success.

5. aer0ace

aer0ace

I'm running into problems signing into an account for Google Play Services. I'll start by saying I actually got this working before, on an earlier version (6.3) about 2-3 months ago. I am now using 6.8 on a new project. I have a feeling it's just something that I'm missing. I went through the normal steps of creating a signed/production keystore, and also generated production and debug certificate fingerprints (SHA1) with the keytool. Those both allowed me to create OAuths. I also copied the application id into the "app_id" element in ids.xml for the android manifest file. Google Play game services is enabled in the plugin settings.

I tried connecting in my app, invoked by a button. The Google Play popup appears, and I select a non-developer Google account (this account also has access as a test account) but I still get the SIGN_IN_REQUIRED, Disconnected, Canceled states.

I have a feeling I'm just missing something. Does anyone have any ideas what I'm *not* doing?

6. Chintao

Chintao

I also have that problem, to be a bit clearer here is what i copied from the email to the support:

i attached the log file.

thanks for any help, i hadn't so much problems to set up the official google play games plugin for my other game, but now i wanted to get a better plugin with all the features, that this plugin has, but i try to get this working for the past 2 days >.<

Attached Files:

7. saledren

saledren

Regarding Google Play Games connecting issue:
    (Maybe this is the solution for one of you. I'm sorry if it's not.)

I have solved the problem by switching "V Sync Count" in Quality Settings from "Every Second V Blank" to "Every V Blank".
    ( Menu > Edit > Project Settings > Quality > V Sync Count > Every V Blank )
    After that, any connecting issue was not repeated in any of the 3 Android devices I have.

8. MrEsquire

MrEsquire

What about the "Dont Sync" setting. Not sure if VSync needs be on for mobile games.

9. saledren

saledren

Only "Every Second V Blank" makes problem for me, "Every V Blank" or "Don't Sync" not.

MrEsquire likes this.
  10. aer0ace

aer0ace

My quality settings default to "Every V Blank", and I also tried "Don't Sync" to no success. I am probably missing something else, but thanks for the tip though. If people aren't having problems logging in with 6.8, it at least gives me that confidence.

11. MrEsquire

MrEsquire

Well I used the example scene as a template and copied code from there...So if the Authors sample scene is missing something then thats a issue.

aer0ace likes this.
  12. info_epspzoo

info_epspzoo

I had similar problems with the connection process and tried several things. Suddenly it was working and I am not able to say what actually solved the problem, sorry.

But nevertheless I find it difficult to recognize when the connection process is complet wether it was successful or not.
    Maybe an example can clarify this: When I'm disconnected from the Google play service and start my app I receive 3 succesive calls to ActionConnectionResultReceived:
    - The client attempted to connect to the service but the user is not signed in.
    - The connection was canceled.
    - The connection was successful.

To me it's not clear when I can continue after the connect call to show the player that an connection problem occured or he successfuly signed in.

13. info_epspzoo

info_epspzoo

One more thing: My app never shows the standard rounded message box on to of the screen with the player name, that apears in other apps, when the player has signed in. I thought this is something that comes automaticly from google play service.

Do I have to switch it on somewhere in the settings?

14. MrEsquire

MrEsquire

It use to work before for me without any additional programming, but not seen it appear for some time due to the instability and freeze issue (tried on two separate games), which version of the plugin are you using?

15. aer0ace

aer0ace

I used to see the rounded rect with the user name as well, in ver 6.3. I haven't successfully connected with 6.8 yet, so I can't tell.

16. Thorny2000

Thorny2000

Are you building and signing with your keystore? Debug builds won't let you login to Google Play services and give the SIGN_IN_REQUIRED+Canceled error result.

17. aer0ace

aer0ace

I've been trying with both, but more so with a debug build last. I thought you would be able to test against the debug keystore. I linked the debug SHA1 cert to game services as well as a signed cert. I'll try again with the signed app next time I get a chance.

18. aer0ace

aer0ace

Update: First, I still don't have it working, but here are some things that I did, in case it helps anyone out.

I discovered my Android environment wasn't completely set up. I was pointing Unity to an old SDK path that I was using during the Eclipse days. When switching to Android Studio, the default SDK path is different, and is more up-to-date. Checking the SDK Manager, none of the Play Services were installed. I installed them. Tested, still didn't work (testing with a signed keystore/cert).

Also, I noticed the Enable Anti-Piracy option in Developer Console in GameServices > Linked Apps, that states "Prevents users who have not installed your game via Google Play from accessing Google Play game services." I turned it off for now, though I doubt this affects anything.

And another thing, I switched to the PlayServiceExample scene as the ONLY scene I'm publishing to the build, to rule out any "stupidness" in my own code.

So frustrating to know I got this working three months ago, and now it doesn't work...

19. MrEsquire

MrEsquire

Seriously man just read the last few pages of the thread, save u time doing long replies..

20. Ghopper21

Ghopper21

Question about this asset -- does it provide a way to access the underlying MotionEvent object/information for touch events from Unity? I don't see anything on this in the docs, but wanted to check to make sure I'm not missing something.

21. omniking

omniking

Thanks, I do manage to fix it which it, by reimport all asset and redo the setting in google developer console

22. info_epspzoo

info_epspzoo

I got a development-version (6.8.3) from Stans Assets last friday: This fixed my first problem. I now only get one callback when I start the connect, even in the described case where I got called three times.

I was told that this version should be in the asset store on weekend, but I haven't checked this yet.

When I was testing I noticed that the system popup with the player name on top of the screen was shown when I reconnected in game (after a disconnect in the system leaderboards). But it still dosen't show on app startup.

23. kilik128

kilik128

Unity5.2 try GetImageFromGallery or GetImageFromCamera

privatevoid OnImagePicked(AndroidImagePickResult result) {

Debug.Log("OnImagePicked");

not sure but look on logcat
    PID 21050 TIP 21669 tag XIV look result ParseImageFromFile : CreateDecInfo Error

anyone can help please

24. aer0ace

aer0ace

I can finally log into Google Play Game Services again. (Yay!)

So, what I did was, basically everything... But, for those still having problems, I compiled the list of things I tried from the suggestions in this thread in this blog post here. Hope it helps someone!

AlexRay likes this.
  25. Kettlewell

Kettlewell

This asset doesn't work for me, it pops up with a connecting but never calls back on success or connected. Everything is setup right as needed from the tutorials and googles requirements.

MrEsquire likes this.
  26. AlexRay

AlexRay

Hello,

Please, provide more detailed information according to this case to make anyone able to help you.
    Feel free to ask any information you need.

Best regards.

27. AlexRay

AlexRay

Hello,

Please, describe what type of program do you have in your project?
    Provide as more detailed information as you can.

By the way, did you contact support team for assistance?
    If not, feel free to contact The Stan's Assets Support Team directly.

Best regards.

28. Chintao

Chintao

Sorry to say that, but the support seems a bit slow, i am waiting for 8days now to get my problem solved. Some day i get no email, some day i get 1-2 and if i reply instantly i have to wait 1 or 2 days to get again an email and the problem still exist.

i can't get a login, always "canceled".
    Don't know if i did something wrong, i tried to follow the documentation as close as possible.

and i don't want to pay 50$ to get a 45min skype call.

I am a bit frustrated right now, cause i can't get any further with my game, if i can't login to google games :(

had to get that off my chest!

EDIT: IT IS FINALLY WORKING! thanks to @aer0ace for the help!

what i did:
    i have tried it before everytime from a backup. so a fresh install of the plugin and so on.
    now, after all the failure, i just changed my package name, created a new key store and key. then i uploaded my new app and linked it to my old play games entry and it works!

sorry for my qq-post and thanks again aer0ace!

Last edited: Sep 16, 2015
  29. BBBBB1

BBBBB1

Hello guys. I've purchased the ANP some month ago and I've always used it for Billing IAP. Very good. But now I'm working at my 2d Platformer "The Chronicles of Ne-Oh" and I wanted to feature Google Play Leaderboard. Everything has been configured well, as players can add their scores and achievements and everything else... BUT... everytime the user tries to connect, the status bar comes down. Sometimes it will go away in a second, other times it will stay, and the only way to go is pushing the back button.
    I've tried all the workarounds suggested in this thread: postponed the call in a coroutine, set v-blank, reinstall the plugin... everything. Nothing works. I thought it can be related to the actionconnectionresult callback, but I have no hint about that.
    I cannot publish my game as far as the game behaves like this.

30. aer0ace

aer0ace

That's interesting. Can't say I've seen this. Every time I attempt login, success or fail, the notification bar seems to eventually go away for me...

31. Fabien224

Fabien224

DANGER - FATAL ERROR

Hello guys,

Android Native Plugin Version: 6.8

I posted in the Alpha version of the game, after clicked "Subscribe" (7 day free period)

After purchasing the popup appears "-1008 IAB returned null pruchaseData or DataSignature (response: -1008: Unknown error)"

After restarting the application, the application is automatically closed.

If attempts to use the "BillingExample" appears the same error.

Error climbs the code I'm using the code:
    Code (CSharp):
    1. AndroidInAppPurchaseManager.instance.retrieveProducDetails ();
    LogCat:
    Code (CSharp):
    1. 09-18 16:41:05.640 24121-24189/? E/AndroidRuntime﹕ FATAL EXCEPTION: Thread-5525
    2. Process: com.hide.hide, PID: 24121
    3. java.lang.Error: FATAL EXCEPTION [Thread-5525]
    4. Unity version : 5.1.0f3
    5. Device model : LGE LG-E975
    6. Device fingerprint: lge/geehrc_open_cis/geehrc:4.4.2/KOT49I.E97520a/E97520a.1403860296:user/release-keys
    7. Caused by: java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: com.androidnative.billing.util.Base64DecoderException: single trailing character at offset 636
    8. at com.androidnative.billing.models.Security.generatePublicKey(Security.java:94)
    9. at com.androidnative.billing.models.Security.verifyPurchase(Security.java:65)
    10. at com.androidnative.billing.core.BillingHelper.queryPurchases(BillingHelper.java:799)
    11. at com.androidnative.billing.core.BillingHelper.queryInventory(BillingHelper.java:510)
    12. at com.androidnative.billing.core.BillingHelper.queryInventory(BillingHelper.java:489)
    13. at com.androidnative.billing.core.BillingHelper$2.run(BillingHelper.java:569)
    14. at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:841)
    15. Caused by: com.androidnative.billing.util.Base64DecoderException: single trailing character at offset 636
    16. at com.androidnative.billing.util.Base64.decode(Base64.java:559)
    17. at com.androidnative.billing.util.Base64.decode(Base64.java:474)
    18. at com.androidnative.billing.util.Base64.decode(Base64.java:420)
    19. at com.androidnative.billing.models.Security.generatePublicKey(Security.java:84)
    20. at com.androidnative.billing.models.Security.verifyPurchase(Security.java:65)
    21. at com.androidnative.billing.core.BillingHelper.queryPurchases(BillingHelper.java:799)
    22. at com.androidnative.billing.core.BillingHelper.queryInventory(BillingHelper.java:510)
    23. at com.androidnative.billing.core.BillingHelper.queryInventory(BillingHelper.java:489)
    24. at com.androidnative.billing.core.BillingHelper$2.run(BillingHelper.java:569)
    25. at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:841)
    if you make an ordinary purchase everything works!
    But the game is not possible to run if you ever have to activate the subscription.

What to do? I just simply can not run your same game.

Please help! :(:(:(

32. warde

warde

Hi there,
    I am using Unity 5.2 and "Android Native Plugin v6.8". All I want is read an image from gallery and display it on my screen.

Here are my code:
    AndroidCamera.Instance.OnImagePicked += OnImageAndroid;
    AndroidCamera.Instance.GetImageFromGallery();

This work well, the gallery pop up, and I can pick the picture. However, the callback "OnImageAndroid" did not fire.

In a word, "OnImagePickedEvent" doesn't work.

33. BBBBB1

BBBBB1

Concerning the connection problem with the status bar coming down and freezing, I tryed every possible thing, included updating unity, downgrading, upgrading sdks and everything I could. None. Problem is still there. In the end I went for commenting out the OnApplicationPause method's content. It now works good. The status bar still comes down, but goes always away in a second.
    I don't know if excluding the OnApplicationPause will translates in new problems, but still, I had no other way to go.

aer0ace likes this.
  34. Chintao

Chintao

hey, is it possible for TBM to just match via automatch and don't give the user the chance to invite a friend, just for preventing "cheating"?
    In my game you will get points for the leaderboard if you win and that could be easily exploited with a friend, so i just want to use autmatch.

thanks for your help

ps: i don't use this forum that often, but is there a way to just search this thread instead of the whole forum? :X

35. Oniros88

Oniros88

Oh, great. Updated to the latest ultimate mobile update. Now it does not connect to googleplay and does not send the "consume" event back while it did well in the last version. Now i can't just delete and reinstall the plugin because i would lose all configuration settings including the iap which are a lot of them. I am really regretting this...

36. Oniros88

Oniros88

It just doesnt receive even a "disconnected error" event... it doesnt receive any connection event now. I had scheduled the release of my game tomorrow, i had it finished and i tried updating the plugin to have the latest. Now i am stuck and can't release the game tomorrow because of connection and consumable purchase events not firing at all nor completing. Thanks a lot.

37. Oniros88

Oniros88

Now i see the store description of fixes....
    Fixes: OnImagePicked events
    fix Google Play Connection events
    fix In-App Purchase time available after consume fix

Lol...so both connection and consumable purchases (supposed) fixes are the things that are not working now...

38. Chintao

Chintao

i will try to help you!
    i did the update too and couldn't connect.

1. i don't know if you saw it, but you need to call "Connect" with a capital letter now.
    2. i know that suxx, but with the plugin installed, i changed the packageName, created a new keystore and key, uploaded the "new" app to the store and linked it to my already existing play games entry and it works again.

at this point my app just connect to google play games, so i don't know about the other things and i hope that helps you!

i can understand your frustration!

39. Oniros88

Oniros88

Thanks for the help but still doesnt connect. It connects only briefly but the instant it connects it just "closes" or something and doesnt even trigger connection events. And for the 2: i cant remove the app and change the package name, its in beta with many testers in a really advanced state: in addition, the same app was already sent for review in iOs so i can't change the packageName. I really hope this stupid update didnt ruin my game forever...Other solution would be asking for a refund and buyin another plugin that actually works without F***ing everything in a single stupid update...

40. BBBBB1

BBBBB1

For such a big release you could just make a zip of your whole Unity Project. Just in case it could behave like this...

41. Oniros88

Oniros88

I did, but for some specific reasons i cant just release the zipped version i have. I need to release it with updated everything. I am now trying to reinstall android sdk and all that in case it fixes something... i dont know what could change for everything to just stop working like that.

42. Chintao

Chintao

one thing i would try, change the packagename, keystore and key, then build the app, then chance it all back.

43. Oniros88

Oniros88

i did run logcat, it actually connects and returns even the getplayerinfo event. It's just the whole thing crashes after being actually signed in... its strange.

It Returns ConnectionState:0 (connected on) but doesnt get to relay the OnPlayerConnected event because it crashes or something before

Last edited: Sep 23, 2015
  44. BBBBB1

BBBBB1

It's a bitch :( Hope they get in touch and solve your problem with a 5 mins solution!

45. Oniros88

Oniros88

UPDATE. The connection problem is actually a conversion to int32 inside the GooglePlayConnection script itself which fails...

private void OnConnectionResult(string resultCode) {
    Debug.Log ("RESULT OF CONNECTION: "+resultCode);
    GooglePlayConnectionResult result = new GooglePlayConnectionResult();
    //result.code = (GP_ConnectionResultCode) System.Convert.ToInt32(resultCode);

result.code = GP_ConnectionResultCode.SUCCESS;
    Debug.Log ("CONVERTED RESULT OF CONNECTION: " + result.code);

if(result.IsSuccess) {
    OnStateChange(GPConnectionState.STATE_CONNECTED);
    } else {
    OnStateChange(GPConnectionState.STATE_DISCONNECTED);
    }

ActionConnectionResultReceived(result);

}
    the string resultcode when connected returned by playGamesService is "0|0" which the int32 formatter can't convert and then crashes. I checked the google API information and their result.codes are sent in int. Why does this event receive a string instead of an int?

I commented the original result code conversion and forced a fake SUCCESS code. Now it connects instantly loading leaderboards, achievements, user name and everything...It also relays now the score submission events to the leaderboards and all that. Interstitials still not working, i might have to tweak some more things. But i still need a way to discover how to convert correctly the resultcode string...

aer0ace likes this.
  46. aer0ace

aer0ace

Through Stan's Assets in union assets portal, they provide downloads for earlier Android Native Plugin versions.
    https://unionassets.com/android-native-plugin/versions
    Not sure how that works though, as you need a union assets account.
    Have you also tried contacting them through their support email? They seem to prefer that.

Also want to point out how inconvenient it is that Unity doesn't provide a way to download earlier versions of assets (or I don't know how). I can imagine things like this happening all the time.

47. Oniros88

Oniros88

Interstitial ads working now. You can't use anymore StartInterstitial, you must use ShowInterstitial. In the official documentation they state that the only thing you have to do is StartInterstitial. Which worked until this update. Now you have to use ShowInterstitial. I have yet to solve the other conversion issue.

aer0ace likes this.
  48. Oniros88

Oniros88

UPDATE: the result code strings are formatted the following way: 0|0 for success, 13|0 for Cancelled. So it returns the right values but with "|0" in addition to the original string code. I will try coding my own formatter for this, but... i am afraid of receiving another update that will again change this. For the moment i will convert the string this way.

aer0ace likes this.
  49. Oniros88

Oniros88

Now it connects (with the split workaround) GoogleConnection Result event looks now like this:

private void OnConnectionResult(string resultCode) {
    Debug.Log ("RESULT OF CONNECTION: "+resultCode);

GooglePlayConnectionResult result = new GooglePlayConnectionResult();
    result.code = (GP_ConnectionResultCode) System.Convert.ToInt32(resultCode.Split('|')[0]);

//result.code = (GP_ConnectionResultCode) resultCode;
    Debug.Log ("CONVERTED RESULT OF CONNECTION: " + result.code);

if(result.IsSuccess) {
    OnStateChange(GPConnectionState.STATE_CONNECTED);
    } else {
    OnStateChange(GPConnectionState.STATE_DISCONNECTED);
    }

ActionConnectionResultReceived(result);

}

Ads work correctly now.

EDIT: Solved consumed purchases not working. I had to modify AndroidPurchaseManager OnPurchaseFinishedCallback.

public void OnConsumeFinishedCallBack(string data) {

string[] storeData;
    storeData = data.Split(AndroidNative.DATA_SPLITTER [0]);

int resp = System.Convert.ToInt32 (storeData[0]);
    GooglePurchaseTemplate purchase = null;

if(resp == BillingResponseCodes.BILLING_RESPONSE_RESULT_OK) {
    purchase = new GooglePurchaseTemplate ();
    purchase.SKU = storeData[2];
    purchase.packageName = storeData[3];
    purchase.developerPayload = storeData[4];
    purchase.orderId = storeData[5];
    purchase.SetState(storeData[6]);
    purchase.token = storeData[7];
    purchase.signature = storeData[8];
    //purchase.time = System.Convert.ToInt64(storeData[9]);
    purchase.originalJson = storeData[9];

if(_inventory != null) {
    _inventory.removePurchase (purchase);

}

}

BillingResult result = new BillingResult (resp, storeData [1], purchase);

ActionProductConsumed(result);
    }
    I commented "purchase.time" line and assigned the number 9 to the original Json, since now consumed purchases apparently don't include Time in the response list.

I hope the devs take all this into account, so in next update i don¡t have to modify this again.

Now it's all working, connection, Ads and Consumed purchases, but i had to modify many things listed here.

aer0ace likes this.
  50. Chintao

Chintao

don't know if my question got lost, so i ask it again:"is there a way to start a Turn based multiplayer game ONLY with automatch? so the player can NOT invite friends?