Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

[Released] Android Native Plugin

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by stanislav-osipov, Sep 20, 2013.

1. AlexRay

AlexRay

You should not delete or edit AndroidManifest.xml file manually if you are using Android Native plugin.
    All Manifest directives will be added or merged in (if AndroidManifest.xml file already exists) automatically according to your plugin Inspector window settings.

But, if you have already edited this file and get the errors you mentioned, I have an advice for you.
    Correct metadata for Google Play Service version number for Android Native v6.6 is following:
    <meta-dataandroid:name="com.google.android.gms.version"android:value="7571000"/>

Please, set correct Google Play Service library version number in your AndroidManifest.xml file to get existing errors fixed.

2. AlexRay

AlexRay

As I can see from the screenshot you provided, you get such behaviour on Android Lollipop.
    This issue is fixed for now. So, keep in touch.

You will get the fix with following plugin update, which should take place next weekend I think.

3. AlexRay

AlexRay

I think you have some unique situation with the issue related to your certain case.
    Every possible solutions of this was reminded earlier in this thread.

If you have any difficulties with Google Play Connect in your project - feel free to contact Stan's Assets Support Team.
    You will get useful feedback as soon as possible.

Cheers!

4. AlexRay

AlexRay

None of Stan's Assets plugins uses main activity. Just NONE.
    That's why Google Mobile Ads still working whether the UnityPlayerActivity exists or not.

I have no idea, why did you get this activity exists in your AndroidManifest.xml file, but I definitely know, that it's not related to Android Native plugin. Feel free to remove this main activity declaration, if you are not using any other plugin besides Android Native.

5. AlexRay

AlexRay

There is not enough information to give you any advice in this situation.

If you have such issues with your project, you should contact Stan's Assets Support Team to get your problem fixed as soon as possible.
    So, feel free to ask for assistance.

6. AlexRay

AlexRay

The situation according to this case is following.
    Google Play Service APIs does not provide any functionality for player selecting count in case of native UI using.
    More detailed information you can find in official Google documentation here.
    So, unfortunately, there is now way to implement the feature you mentioned.
    If it will be available in future, most likely such functionality will be added to our plugin.

Maybe you have another information, please, share with me for future consideration.

Cheers!

7. AlexRay

AlexRay

The same consideration already took place in this thread.
    Yes, you are right - push notification should be formatted with 'alert' key instead of 'message'.

These instructions will be added into plugins documentation to avoid any inconveniences in future.

8. Skatola

Skatola

Hi, thank you for all your reply : )
    Support team send me the new plug-in release, unfortunately nothing as changed, icons in lollipop still bugged and notification don't overwrite each others, i imported the new package and overwrited, i have "replace notification" function on the ispector, but nothing change if i select it.
    Support team ask me for my project but it's not easy : (, hope someone have the same issue and find a solution here, or maybe with the official release in the store something will change

9. AlexRay

AlexRay

Please, consider about this with Support Team.
    You will definitely get a positive result, I'm sure!

10. inthemilkywat

inthemilkywat

I tried the admob interstitial example script in my game but every time the ad shows up the game crashes instantly..

11. VictorySquare

VictorySquare

Hi AlexRay.

My company recently bought your Android Native plug-in and we are having some problems with achievements. Below is a code snippet. For some reason OnAchivmentsLoaded is never called. Would you know the reason why?

Edit 1 - I forgot to mention that we are using Unity 4.6.
    Edit 2 - the connection state is always STATE_UNCONFIGURED
    Edit 3 - GooglePlayConnection.ActionConnectionResultReceived is also never called
    Cheers!

//from the tutorial
    void Start () {
    Debug.Log ("Start");
    GooglePlayManager.ActionAchievementsLoaded += OnAchivmentsLoaded;
    GooglePlayManager.instance.loadAchievements ();
    } // OnAchivmentsLoaded is never called
    private void OnAchivmentsLoaded(GooglePlayResult result) {
    //GooglePlayManager.ActionAchievementsLoaded -= OnAchivmentsLoaded;
    Debug.Log ("OnAchivmentsLoaded");
    if(result.isSuccess) {
    foreach(string achievementId in GooglePlayManager.instance.achievements.Keys) {
    GPAchievement achievement = GooglePlayManager.instance.GetAchievement(achievementId);
    Debug.Log(achievement.id);
    Debug.Log(achievement.name);
    Debug.Log(achievement.description);
    Debug.Log(achievement.type);
    Debug.Log(achievement.state);
    Debug.Log(achievement.currentSteps);
    Debug.Log(achievement.totalSteps);
    }

Debug.Log("Total Achievements:" + GooglePlayManager.instance.achievements.Count.ToString());

} else {
    //AndroidNative.showMessage ("Achievements Loaded error: ", result.message);
    }

Last edited: Jun 30, 2015
  12. jprocha101

jprocha101

I am getting strange behavior when using the dialog functionality. The first time I call AndroidDialog.Create it works as expected, I get the dialog popup. After that I have to call Create multiple times to get the dialog box to appear; sometimes it appears after multiple calls and other times it appears then immediately disappears with no user interaction. Am I missing a step or something, or is this a known issue?

Thanks

Last edited: Jul 4, 2015
  13. Spidyy

Spidyy

Hello there.

Simple question but I didn't find any hint how to do it.

I want to disable the "Connection successful" message I have everytime I start my application :

Screenshot_2015-07-06-19-22-51.jpeg

How I do that?

14. ImaginaryChris

ImaginaryChris

Hi, I tried to send a message to support regarding this question but never received a reply.

The icon in local notifications is not showing up on my android devices with the notifications, instead there is a default unity icon. I set the icon in the android native settings, but does it have to be a specific size or format?

UPDATE: I tried to add my game's icon to the Res folder in plugins/android... and connect that icon to the Android Native settings window (local notifications section) but every time I connected the icon to the settings by dragging in the icon from the Res/drawable folder to the settings icon slot in the Android Native settings window it would set the icon's file size to 0 bytes and give an error that it is not a valid texture. Upon restoring the icon file externally (outside of the Unity editor) it would be properly linked again and the texture would be the correct size. But then if I tried to do an android build the build would fail with the error "Failed to re-package resources. See the Console for details.". I could no longer build the app even after reverting my changes to the Android Native settings and the icons. The only way to build the app again was to delete the Library folder and let Unity rebuild the entire project.

Last edited: Jul 7, 2015
  15. Skatola

Skatola

i encountered your same problem, "failed to re-package resource" bug included : )
    still no idea how to solve this, my notification icon is a blank circle, if u solve it let me know, i'll do the same : )

16. ImaginaryChris

ImaginaryChris

I haven't found any way to fix this yet, and it's been a few weeks now since I messaged the plugin developer about this with no response. Maybe they are on vacation?

17. Skatola

Skatola

dunno, they asked me for my project for trying to figuring out what's wrong in it, sadly i can't send they my project...
    so i hope to solve this on my own, hopefully with people like me and you who have the same situation

18. ImaginaryChris

ImaginaryChris

I think it may take less time to just use another plugin.

19. Skatola

Skatola

if u can't wait yes of course, we've 2 month before the first release so i hope they'll fix it in time : )

20. MrGky93

MrGky93

MrEsquire likes this.
  21. edufurla

edufurla

Hi.
    Just bought the asset. Great work.
    I am trying use playmaker to show banner but I am having some problems.
    The banner appears ok on app but is not clickable.
    Where can I find an example using playmaker with banner and interstitial add?

Thank you

22. Skatola

Skatola

Hi edudeck, i encountered the same problem, open the manifest and change
    Code (CSharp):
    1. <meta-data android:name="unityplayer.ForwardNativeEventsToDalvik" android:value="false" />
    into
    Code (CSharp):
    1. <meta-data android:name="unityplayer.ForwardNativeEventsToDalvik" android:value="true" />
    worked for me, hope this help

MrEsquire likes this.
  23. MrGky93

MrGky93

have somone a solution for chartboost with this ??

MrEsquire likes this.
  24. edufurla

edufurla

Now works fine!!!
    Thank you Skatola.

25. Skatola

Skatola

glad to help : )
    you're welcome!

26. Mr-Blue825

Mr-Blue825

Hi,

I am using Unity 5.x and I have one question and one problem.

My question is about "AndroidManifestManager" in my Extensions folder, I founded it in my ANP asset and it seems very interresting, but I can not found "Window -> Stan’s Assets -> Manifest Manager -> Edit" even if it is explain in your documentation.
    Link : https://unionassets.com/android-manifest-manager/using-with-unity-editor-223
    Can you explain me how can I open the editor of it, or if you can update your asset to have it ?

My problem is about billing, everything was perfect until my smartphone is in Lollipop (Android 5.x), because now when I click on a button of my store it is jsut freeze the background sound but open nothing. But the same game (apk file) on a Android 4.x still work normally.
    Can you explain me if I have to do something to have Android 5.x comaptibility, or if you can update your asset to have it ?

Very cordially.

27. sandeepsmartest

sandeepsmartest

Hi Rayleigh,
    It is very Simple to use Chartboost in the android native plugin .
    Follow Below steps.
    1. Import latest Chartboost SDK
    2. Go to chartboost menu(Which will be in Toolbar") -> click on Edit Settings ->input App Id and App signature under Google Play tab
    3. Click on "Setup Android SDK"
    4. Now Delete the folder "google-play-services_lib" which will be in the below given path
    Path:"MyProject\Assets\Plugins\Android"
    We deleted the above folder as we already have google play services in our project which were imported from stan asset(Android Native plugin).Duplicate Jar files will give exceptions while building apk
    5. Make sure to copy the below line from androidmanifest.xml(Path:"MyProject\Assets\Plugins\Android\AndroidManifest.xml")
    "<meta-data android:name="com.google.android.gms.version" android:value="7571000" />"
    and
    6. Replace the below given line in androidmanifest.xml(Path:"MyProject\Assets\Plugins\Android\ChartboostSDK\AndroidManifest.xml") with above copied line
    "<meta-data android:name="com.google.android.gms.version" android:value="googleplayservicesxxxx" />"
    7. Test the example scene
    Note:Make sure to enable test mode of your app under chartboost portal.Also cross check with app id ,app signature and package name that was given in chartboost

Hope this may Help you.
    Thank You
    Nsks

MrEsquire likes this.
  28. sandeepsmartest

sandeepsmartest

Hi Spidyy ,
    Just comment out the below lines in the file GameBillingManagerExample.cs
    1. Under OnBillingConnected() - this method calls as soon as you connect to google
    AndroidMessage.Create("Connection Responce", result.response.ToString() + " " + result.message);
    2. Under OnRetrieveProductsFinised(CEvent e) - this method calls as soon as products gets retrieved from google
    AndroidMessage.Create("Connection Responce", result.response.ToString() + " " + result.message);

Hope this may help you
    Thank You.
    Nsks

29. JuJuCoder

JuJuCoder

Hi
    I am trying to use latest Ultimate mobile(3.7) and especially Android native to sign in to google Play services but without no success. I am getting SIGN_IN_REQUIRED, but I do not know why. I have code in place to handle google play events and stuff. This happens with and without advanced google play sign in setting.

After the call to GooglePlayConnection.instance.connect ();, Green Google play icon is displayed but nothing happens after that. Usually if it is first time login it should display more data, so I am wondering should I start startResolutionForResult, but I do not know how?

So what are the usual causes for SIGN_IN_REQUIRED?

EDIT:
    I managed to get this sorted out. It turned out to be a build issue caused by wrong unity Android keystore key in player settings. I was using the wrong key from the keystore.

Last edited: Jul 15, 2015
  30. MrGky93

MrGky93

hi
    hi

this one
    5. Make sure to copy the below line from androidmanifest.xml(Path:"MyProject\Assets\Plugins\Android\AndroidManifest.xml")
    "<meta-data android:name="com.google.android.gms.version" android:value="7571000" />"
    and

The line <meta-data android:name="com.google.android.gms.version" android:value="7571000" />
    i dont have it ??
    Inside "MyProject\Assets\Plugins\Android\AndroidManifest.xml ??
    But in MyProject\Assets\Plugins\Android\ChartboostSDK\AndroidManifest.xml i have it :(

31. sandeepsmartest

sandeepsmartest

Hi Rayleigh,

Idea is that the gms version should be same in both chartboost androidmanifest fileMyProject\Assets\Plugins\Android\ChartboostSDK\AndroidManifest.xml) and the main android manifest file(Path:"MyProject\Assets\Plugins\Android\AndroidManifest.xml")
    Search with the keyword gms in both files.
    Note:Have you Installed Android Native Plugin??Just cross check it once again.if it doesn't work try to import chartboost in clean new project which has android native plugin alone installed.
    Make sure about App Id ,App Signature, Package Name and test mode enabled in Chartboost dashboard .

Hope this may help you.
    Thank You
    Nsks

32. Skatola

Skatola

Tried native plugin 6.7, before it in lollipop i saw my notification icon in this way:
    Screenshot_2015-06-21-14-35-34.jpg
    now i can't see it at all, just a little logo of unity : (
    and "replace notification" function doesn't work at all for me..
    Someone have figured out how make notification icon works in lollipop?

33. MrGky93

MrGky93

ok have on both manifest.xml the keyword gms what now ??

34. LimboZone

LimboZone

quick question just baugyht this but having trouble incorperting auto login with google

35. jprocha101

jprocha101

That's not a question :)

The documentation has an example.

36. LimboZone

LimboZone

sorry its my wording yeah read the documentation and tried incoperating some of the sample files but cant get google to pop up with sign in

37. FeynmanRen100

FeynmanRen100

Any guy encounter problem like this ?

07-20 17:13:04.715 2699-2874/com.xxx.xxx I/Unity﹕ NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
    at AndroidSocialGate.StartShareIntentWithSubject (System.String caption, System.String message, System.String subject, UnityEngine.Texture2D texture, System.String packageNamePattern) [0x00000] in /Users/kabam/baidu/xxx/Work/feynman_work/JumpAlien/Assets/Extensions/AndroidNative/Other/Features/AndroidSocialGate.cs:24
    at AndroidSocialGate.StartShareIntent (System.String caption, System.String message, UnityEngine.Texture2D texture, System.String packageNamePattern) [0x00000] in /Users/kabam/baidu/xxxx/Work/feynman_work/JumpAlien/Assets/Extensions/AndroidNative/Other/Features/AndroidSocialGate.cs:15
    at ResultScreen.ShareToFacebook () [0x00006] in /Users/kabam/baidu/xxx/Work/feynman_work/JumpAlien/Assets/Scripts/ResultScreen.cs:376
    at EventDelegate.Execute () [0x0001c] in /Users/kabam/baidu/xxxWork/feynman_work/JumpAlien/Assets/NGUI/Scripts/Internal/EventDelegate.cs

I used the latest version of 6.7

38. JATERL

JATERL

I have some troubles with Google Cloud Messaging Push Notifications. I can see from Assets/Extensions/AndroidNative/xExample/Scenes/OtherFeatures how to register device, how to load messages and parse them (GoogleCloudMessageService.instance.lastMessage). There are events for REGISTRATION_FAILED and fro REGISTRATION_RECIVED.

But is there any way to set my handler on new message received? I cannot find any event for this action. Your implementation of GCM takes no sense if app cannot react immediately on each incoming message
    Could you please help me with it?

39. 4ipideil

4ipideil

Hi, i have a crash came from google play (like a 30th per night after plugin update and publish):

android.util.SuperNotCalledException: Activity {com.RetrostyleGames.SpiritRun/com.androidnative.gms.core.GooglePlaySupportActivity} did not call through to super.onStart()

There is no problem when i was testing on my own device, but turns out there is a problem on devices
    GIONEE
    Xperia L (C2104)
    MD708
    Galaxy Trend (kyleve)
    Nexttab N3 (N3)
    Galaxy Trend Lite (kylevess)
    Galaxy Tab (GT-P1000)

Android 4.1/4.2/4.0.3 - 4.0.4/2.3.3 - 2.3.7

As i'm start writing, i have another crashes that came a lot from google play:

java.lang.Error: FATAL EXCEPTION [Thread-117381]
    Unity version : 4.6.2f1
    Device model : samsung SM-G316HU
    Device fingerprint: samsung/vivalto5mve3gdd/vivalto5mve3g:4.4.4/KTU84P/G316HUDDU0ANL1:user/release-keys
    Caused by: java.lang.NullPointerException
    at com.androidnative.billing.core.BillingHelper.queryPurchases(BillingHelper.java:767)
    at com.androidnative.billing.core.BillingHelper.queryInventory(BillingHelper.java:510)
    at com.androidnative.billing.core.BillingHelper.queryInventory(BillingHelper.java:489)
    at com.androidnative.billing.core.BillingHelper$2.run(BillingHelper.java:569)
    at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:841)

I hope you will help me, thanks.

Last edited: Jul 29, 2015
  40. Spidyy

Spidyy

Haha, that was exactly from where it comes. Simple copy paste, do the test then totally forget the example generated those messages.

Thanks!

41. fundoozzz

fundoozzz

Hello,
    I tried this plugin with a simple login to see if I face the same problem as I am facing with the official google play games plugin.

it signs it just fine. Soon after that if I quit the game and start again without data connection, it gets authenticated without any issue.
    If my data connection remains off for say more than an hour, and I start the game without Internet connection, I get the message "Connection failed with code : CANCELED" If i close the game and start again soon after that, it gives me that google play games sign in popup. So what i can conclude is that it signs out automatically after some time if there is no Internet available. Is there any fix for this.?
    Thanks

42. malyna

malyna

Hello,
    Is there a way to retrieve current progress of specific Quest?
    I think it is possible in Google Play unity plugin, If not, maybe I can implement it by myself?
    Thanks

43. LimboZone

LimboZone

does anyone by chance have a google signin script i can use for my game that keeps user logged in when they restart game

44. MrEsquire

MrEsquire

Anyone know when next version of plugin out, still small bugs need fixing.
    Getting few yellow warnings in Editor Unity 4.6.7 (although harmless)
    Will try Chartboost work around also..

45. LimboZone

LimboZone

read there site chartboost is really easy xD

46. noethis

noethis

A few questions on Google Play Saved Games:

1) What happens if the user never signs in to Google Play? Will CreateNewSnapshot() still work locally or should I switch over to PlayerPrefs if this is the case?

2) On game load I want to automatically load the single saved game and populate the level select menu based on that. Should I introduce some kind of loading screen that waits for the save game snapshot to come back from the cloud (i.e. waits for callback ActionGameSaveLoaded())?

3) If I am just writing to a single save file (w/ const name), do I still need to call ActionAvailableGameSavesLoaded(), or can I just directly call LoadSpanshotByName()?

4) How do we handle saving over an existing snapshot? Do I just call CreateNewSnapshot() again and it will automatically handle the MetaDataChange request?

Thanks!

47. sandeepsmartest

sandeepsmartest

Hi LimboZone,
    The best way to keep the google sign in alive is to make the connection at very beginning of the game play and make it preserved for entire session.
    I followed this method to make player's google connection alive without being asked for google connect for every restart of the game play.
    Follow below steps which may help you,
    1.Make your Google connection script alive by adding the below statement in awake function
    "DontDestroyOnLoad(this)".
    2.Make sure to add this statement in awake function in all google connection dependent scripts.

Makes sure that Google Connection script should only contains the methods /functions/references that refers to only google related scripts , if you refer any gameobjects, like connect button etc in this script , it throws you "Null Reference Exception" as the referred game object will get destroyed on scene reload.
    This should handle only connection oriented methods/variables/flags(Eg:IsConnected,etc). Use these flags in your other scripts for callbacks.

Note: This strategy will help you ,only to make google connection preserved for entire game session i.e., until game gets closed/exited

Hope this May Help You.

Thank You,
    Nsks.

aer0ace likes this.
  48. sandeepsmartest

sandeepsmartest

Hi Noethis,
    Below given are the suggestions/solutions/workarounds.
    1. CreateNewSnapshot() will not work locally it needs google connection
    2. Try calling LoadSpanshotByName() as soon as you connect to google .If data from cloud is huge ,try to keep a loading screen or some kind of information popup and do your background jobs for the data that you receive from cloud.
    "ActionGameSaveLoaded (GP_SpanshotLoadResult result) " gets called as soon as you receive data from cloud.
    3 & 4. if you want to save only one GameSave/Snapshot try to save with same name ,it just replaces the old GameSave/snapshot.
    GooglePlaySavedGamesManager.instance.AvailableGameSaves[] contains all the available game saves that were stored in cloud. GooglePlaySavedGamesManager.instance.AvailableGameSaves[] this contains more than 1 only if you CreateSnapShots with different names.
    For Further Info Follow This

Hope This May Help You

Thank You,
    Nsks.

49. Dreamonaut

Dreamonaut

Hello guys !

I'm having a weird behaviour since i have update the plugin.
    It's about the google play game service :

My game automatically sign in at start. i can see a freez of about 1 - 2 seconds after that, the notification bar (which is black instead of transparent ? ?) disappear and player is connected successfully.

Sometimes : the game freeze for ever like if the game service can't connect successfuly so i must press escape button which abort the connection, or i can press the menu button that put my game in the background, when i go back to my game, the game service is connected successfuly.

Anyone getting this issue ? ?

I really don't know why i'm getting this behaviour, it's kinda annoying because it totally freeze the game, i know my internet connection works fine and before the update i didn't get this issue.

thank you in advance ! !

50. Skatola

Skatola

someone tested if gcm notification icon work on lollipop? pls i still have unity icon on my notification, there's a way to change it via script? put the notification icon on the ispector don't work