Search Unity

[Released] Android Native Plugin

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by stanislav-osipov, Sep 20, 2013.

1. stanislav-osipov

stanislav-osipov

Hey @Oniony , what unity version are you using?

Well, this is good feature request I will implement clean function in the nex release. So far I can suggest a workaround. Just store parsed message using PlayerPrefs, and ignore message if it was already passed earlier.

Good point. I will do that.

2. Abhaya.Agrawal

Abhaya.Agrawal

@lacost : can i use this plugin for getting geolocation?

3. gmork6

gmork6

Hello Stan, I am currently learning how to use your asset and I started from CustomLeaderboardUIExample scene that comes with Android Native. I have set up the Play services as I was told to in documentation, enabled required APIs on Google side, introduced valid resource Id's and after a deploy to my mobile and clicking Connect button in the example I get a Google Play connection icon/splash and then this happens (adb log):

I/Unity (12253): SIGN_IN_REQUIRED
    I/Unity (12253): UnityEngine.Debug:Internal_Log(Int32, String, Object)
    I/Unity (12253): UnityEngine.Debug:Log(Object)
    I/Unity (12253): PlayServiceCustomLBExample:OnConnectionResult(CEvent) (at F:\Unity\GoogleTest\Assets\Extensions\AndroidNative\xExample\Scripts\PlayService\PlayServiceCustomLBExample.cs:359)
    I/Unity (12253): UnionAssets.FLE.EventDispatcher:dispatch(Int32, Object, String) (at F:\Unity\GoogleTest\Assets\Extensions\FlashLikeEvents\Events\Core\Events\EventDispatcher.cs:178)
    I/Unity (12253): UnionAssets.FLE.EventDispatcher:dispatch(String, Object) (at F:\Unity\GoogleTest\Assets\Extensions\FlashLikeEvents\Events\Core\Events\EventDispatcher.cs:152)
    I/Unity (12253): GooglePlayConnection:OnConnectionResult(String) (at F:\Unity\GoogleTest\Assets\Extensions\AndroidNative\PlayService\Manage\GooglePlayConnection.cs:186)
    I/Unity (12253):

I've been trying to find the answer to that one for some time now, with no success, so I decided to ask at the source :) Thanks in advance!

Edit: I made sure my keystores/keys are correct in Google Play, I added both debug and custom keys as suggested by https://developers.google.com/games/services/console/enabling
    In the plugin settings I changed only the resources ids, as it's the only thing I need for the example scene. It's connecting, telling me "welcome back myemail@gmail.com" and then SIGN_IN_REQUIRED...

Last edited: Feb 25, 2015
  4. auzden

auzden

Hi,

Using Android Native version 6.0.3 in our app and discovered some Log that were attempting to print nullptr in BillingManager.java, possibly others (log attached). Looks like ex.getMessage() can return null; I'm not a Java expert so I don't know how frequent this occurs or under what conditions.

As a workaround I'm changing:
    Log.d("AndroidNative", ex.getMessage());
    to:
    Log.d("AndroidNative", "" + ex.getMessage());

--
    Thanks!

Attached Files:

• log.txt
      File size:
      2.9 KB
      Views:
    MrXee likes this.
  5. Nguyen Huy Thach

Nguyen Huy Thach

Hi lacost,

Thank for your greate plugin,

We bought your plugin (Android Native Plugin) in the last week to use in our project to take photo by the native camera and save photo to Photo folder. However, we have some problems: with the same program, but with different devices, we got different results.

For details,
    1. HTC: HTC J butterfly HTL21:
    We can get photo by the native camera and display it in a Unity Texture. However, if we save the photo and we check in the photo folder of Android, there are two similar photos in the photo folder.

2. SHARP: AQUOS PHONE Xx mini 303SH
    We can get and display photo in a Unity Texture. However, there is no photo, although it has an icon of the photo. If we touch on the icon, an error dialog is displayed: "Media not found" and we cannot see any photo.

3. Sony Mobile Xperia AX SO-01E
    We can get and display photo in a Unity Texture and we also can see the photo in the photo folder. However, the texture is rotate -90 degree.

Some sample code are:
    Code (CSharp):
    1. private void OnClickCamera()
    3.    {
    5.        AndroidCamera.instance.OnImagePicked += OnImagePickedAndroid;
    7.        AndroidCamera.instance.GetImageFromCamera();
    9.    }
    11.    // Callback (Android).
    12.    private void OnImagePickedAndroid(AndroidImagePickResult result)
    14.    {
    16.        Debug.Log("-----------------------------OnImagePicked Android");
    18.        if (result.IsSucceeded) {
    20.            image.renderer.material.mainTexture = result.image;
    22.        }
    24.        AndroidCamera.instance.OnImagePicked -= OnImagePickedAndroid;
    26.    }
    ----------------------------------------------------

Other Settings

-----------------------------------------------------

AndroidNativeSettings

Camera Capture Mode = Full Size Photo

Max Loaded Image Size = 512

Using Prodiuct Name as Folder Name = true;

6. Mr-Blue825

Mr-Blue825

Hi,

We checked the Bundle ID and all others settings but even if everything seems to be ok, it doesn't work.
    We cannot post screenshot on Facebook too, even if the connection works great, and we can post normal message.

Thanks.

7. di-lshod

di-lshod

Is there any way to get external storage path using this plugin?

8. stanislav-osipov

stanislav-osipov

Not yet, but I will add this to the feature request list.

Hey @gmork6 looks like set up issue, can you please send me the device log? It will contain more information, why the connection is failed.

Thanks a lot for the feedback. I will fix it!

Hey @Nguyen Huy Thach pretty interesting report. can you please send me the logs from those devices.

Since google is returning developer error this is definitely set up issue, you can request help from my support team at stans.assets@gmail.com please provide them device log and developer access to your google console.

Well, I need to see the log, before I can tell why it's not working.

I do not have this feature unfortunately.

Cheers!

9. slimsami

slimsami

Hi ,
    thank you for the asset, it really helps.
    I'm having some issues with the push notificationg ( GCM) , the new notifications overwrite the old ones, so there is only one shown in the notification bar. Is there a way to show multiple notifications or merge them?
    I tried 2 different API keys or change the title, message but it always overwrite the old notification

10. iEpic

iEpic

I want to track Facebook installs.
    I entered my app ID in the Facebook settings.
    Is that all I have to do to track installs, or is there more stuff to do?

11. Apptention

Apptention

Hi! This Plug-in has been a great help in my project.
    I have a question.
    Should i destroy banner by "AndroidAdMobController.instance.DestroyBanner(banner.id)" before Application.Quit()?
    Sometimes unity3D with admob cause problem when the application quit or start. <android>
    Without admob , no issue.
    I don't know why...

12. stanislav-osipov

stanislav-osipov

Hello, it's sounds like a bug and we was able to reproduce it, so you can expect fix in the next release.

You can use FB analytics. have a look:
    https://unionassets.com/mobile-social-plugin/analytics-138

Cheers!

13. stanislav-osipov

stanislav-osipov

Point is that you do not have to use Application.Quit() at all. here is the reason why.
    1) Due to Android and IOS policy, the system should decide by itself when to stop the application. That't why you do not have to do Quit button in your mobile app. If user wants to quit he will just press the "Home" button.

2) Admob is official Google API, and it does not expect that you will should down the app via Application.Quit(). as result you will have crashes.

14. Apptention

Apptention

I have never heard of the policy about quit function on android os.
    Anyway, I'll look for some other way.
    Thanks for your fast answer!

15. Apptention

Apptention

Exactly same issue here.
    Trying to solve the problem until now.
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------
    After downgrade to 5.1 there is no issue.
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------
    In my guess , there were something problem on my phone or google play
    Today work well.

Last edited: Mar 2, 2015
  16. Nguyen Huy Thach

Nguyen Huy Thach

@lacost
    Please see the attached files for logs of these 3 devices.

Thanks,

Attached Files:

• logs.zip
      File size:
      61.8 KB
      Views:
  17. Phuzz

Phuzz

Hello,

I cannot seem to be able to Use Chartboost with your plugin, "Unable to Merge Manifests" , I did remove conflicts based on the Guide on "Union Assets" website but then after it compiles all the playmaker actions seem to be non responsive, no leaderboards or ads from Admob.

Am I missing anything ?

18. RoyalCoder

RoyalCoder

Hi Stan,
    I'm trying to achieve Push Notifications on Android Devices via Parse , I followed this tutorials
    Push Notifications & Push with Parse ...but doesn't work, I get this error on Parse :

Any ideas how to make it work ? Thanks

19. ottolb

ottolb

Hi,
    How can I do that? Tried this, but it's always empty:
    AndroidSocialGate.StartShareIntent(caption, someLink, someImage, "facebook.katana");

20. nonaxanon

nonaxanon

hey everyone, using latest plugin and latest unity, are you guys able to use the .connect() method? it wont connect on my end, no popup window, also i made an empty project just the plugin, and it wouldn't connect also, just stood there saying it could not find method gms etc, on logcat, can anyone help please

21. stanislav-osipov

stanislav-osipov

Can you please describe what action you trying to use, and provide the device log as well.

Hello, can you please send this issue to the stans.assets@gmail.com. My developer who working on Push Notification side will get in touch with you.

You are trying to use Native posting instead OAuth. I sure following guides will make it clear for you.
    https://unionassets.com/mobile-social-plugin/coding-guidelines-134
    https://unionassets.com/mobile-social-plugin/platform-behavior-differences-153
    https://unionassets.com/mobile-social-plugin/general-features-135

Let me know if you steel need help

Can you please share with me your log cat? I would like to know what is says excatly.

Cheers!

22. nonaxanon

nonaxanon

Can you please share with me your log cat? I would like to know what is says excatly.

Cheers![/QUOTE]
    heres a log from just now

Attached Files:

• log.txt
      File size:
      39.4 KB
      Views:
    Last edited: Mar 4, 2015
  23. Keitaro3660

Keitaro3660

hello, haven't you update the release note anymore??
    https://unionassets.com/android-native-plugin/versions
    i really want to see the change/add/etc before updating.

anyway, how is the unity ads or everyplay integration official support that you mention before??
    any news?

24. stanislav-osipov

stanislav-osipov

Rushing with Unity 5 fixes. I will do all version notes tomorrow.

Guess they are very busy, since haven't hear anything from them around a month. But I prettu sure there will be no issues, since android native does not overrides main activity anymore.

There might be duplicates issues, but it's very easy to remove duplicated jars..

Keitaro3660 likes this.
  25. MrEsquire

MrEsquire

I been spending whole day trying to Fix Google Play Services.

Soon as I try and logic I get Connecting To Google Play:

Connection Failed
    SIGN_IN_REQUIRED
    Due too: INTERNAL_ERROR

I have no cancel in the code, no idea what I'm doing wrong, followed all instructions.
    idS setup etc, could it be manifest file.

Using Unity latest/Latest Package.

Last edited: Mar 5, 2015
  26. redccoma

redccoma

hello stan!
    I have a little problem.

Code (CSharp):
    1. GooglePlayManager.instance.SubmitScoreById(LEADERBOARD_ID, score);
    (so SubmitScore Function).
    using this code. Event not response.(OnScoreSubmited event).

- already fix Assets/Plugins/Android/res/values/ids.xml.
    - already add google developer console data.
    - last console log is AN: Using proxy for class: com.androidnative.gms.core.GameClientBridge method:submitScoreById

is there something to miss?

27. MrEsquire

MrEsquire

OK I solved this, but dont know what the issue is, it seems I needed to remove some features that are not used within the kit, I only needed google play services. There is some conflict happening, will try and provide more information later. Some kind of new bug I think with the kit

28. nonaxanon

nonaxanon

where u able to use the connect method correctly? ive been trying to get user to sign in but doesnt work, and im using latest plugin also

29. MrEsquire

MrEsquire

Yes after almost 1 and half days of trial and error not able to connect, I finally managed it.
    The issue is in the setting menu: Window, Android Native, Settings.
    We disabled all we are not using apart from PlayServices and it started to work, now we need to investigate what check box was causing it to fail with INTERNAL_ERROR.

30. nonaxanon

nonaxanon

would love to know what google play service version you are using, since i just did what u told, and it still wont sign in

31. MrEsquire

MrEsquire

Version: 658700
    But you need to build your APK first and write the error you are getting, may not be the same issue as me.
    So it should give you some feedback, if no error then your programming sumfin wrong.
    Again still investigating.

32. nonaxanon

nonaxanon

theres a log a few replies up, which is what it is doing,
    Failed resolving Lcom/androidnative/gms/core/GameClientManager; <<< that for example, im using the sample scenes, my ids are correctly changed, game is published have testing accounts enabled and sha1 thingie is correct, so yep not working forme

33. nonaxanon

nonaxanon

well,,,, ive resolved my issue, when all hope was lost and everything was darker than dark... figured to test on another pc, just transfering everything, and guess what, app has stopped responding, at least i knew something was diferent....in the end it was my pc , that had crapped itself, something becam corrupt , regardless of uninstalling and cleaning, so formatted pc reinstall , and copy pasted my files again, all works ...like a glove ty

34. Dnine

Dnine

Hi,
    Google game services always stopped and my game crashed after invite friends in realtime multiplayer?
    That problems happen after i update from 6.0.3 to 6.1.1

Is anything change in that version? thanks.

35. nonaxanon

nonaxanon

hey everyone again, could someone please tell me what does this error means ?

Caused by: java.lang.IllegalStateException: Must include Drive.SCOPE_APPFOLDER to use snapshots!

it is caused when loading a saved game, via the Saved Games platform

36. stanislav-osipov

stanislav-osipov

I would really appreciate if will share with me what you found. Since I am always testing plugin with all feature enable, have no idea what conflict may occur.

We had some fixes with TMB in v 6.2, please try it out. And in case it will not solve your issues, please send me your device log.

You missed the setup step, In order to use saved games API, you need to enable Drive API in th plugin settings, please have a look:
    https://unionassets.com/android-native-plugin/saved-games-142#implementation

Cheers!

37. Phuzz

Phuzz

For some reason I cannot Download this Asset, I have an Older version, I tried unity 4.2 and Latest Unity 5, its the only Asset that fills the download bar with red and shows "Error", is it from my side or Unity Store?

I tried deleting it from save location and re-downloading still no luck

38. nonaxanon

nonaxanon

@lacost

i did enabled drive api in the console, that error is reported when you display the save menu, when u click which state to load, the game crashes and that error pops up in logcat

39. nonaxanon

nonaxanon

im afraid my friend sometimes you have to delete your whole temp folder, use ccleaner or something, in my case, i noticed something was strange because the game compiled on another pc fine and when i tried using the plugin it would stop responding, but on my pc, the game would not show any error or anything...so i figured, format my pc and test,,,, well it appears something was broken inside my pc which was making strange errors... i had tried uninstalling unity upgrading downgrading deleting every temp folder , with no luck, reformat did it

40. MrEsquire

MrEsquire

@lacost

Can you check another thing if I have the native plugin and also android manifest manager plugin, (Unity 4.6.3) and try to build I get some kind of error message displayed with the scripts.

41. Phuzz

Phuzz

I tried CCleaner no luck, deleted temp, no luck, i don't think formatting is an option right now, im almost sure though it has something to do with a cached file somewhere that needs to be deleted but cannot figure it out.

42. Animals

Animals

Same problem.

43. Phuzz

Phuzz

Ok, had a try next day was sure its not going to download, but it did, I think the problem was from the other side and not my PC, Thank you for the great asset. :)

44. nonaxanon

nonaxanon

@lacost
    still getting this error

Caused by: java.lang.IllegalStateException: Must include Drive.SCOPE_APPFOLDER to use snapshots!

when i click on a game save, to load it.. drive api is enabled and also on the unity plugin, everything is like in the setup, the game saves states correctly but will not load correctly returns that error then crashes.... is there some other additional steps to manage the loading ?

45. Keitaro3660

Keitaro3660

hello, unity ads is working flawlesly now, thanks :D

but i have been strugling for more than 5 hours now trying to implement gamethrive :(
    why my device is still not registered in gamethrive?

my script when app start is (please check what i miss? or wha t should i do?)
    Code (CSharp):
    1. using UnityEngine;
    2. using System.Collections;
    3. using System.Collections.Generic;
    5. public class gamethrivecall : MonoBehaviour {
    6.     // Use this for initialization
    7.     void Start () {
    8.         GoogleCloudMessageService.instance.InitGameThriveNotifications ();
    9.         }
    11.     public void InitGameThriveNotifications() {
    12.         GameThrive.Init(AndroidNativeSettings.Instance.GameThriveAppID, AndroidNativeSettings.Instance.GCM_SenderId, HandleNotification);
    13.     }
    15.     //ActionGameThriveNotificationReceived += HandleNotification;
    18.     // Gets called when the player opens the notification.
    19.     private void HandleNotification(string message, Dictionary<string, object> additionalData, bool isActive) {
    20.         // Your app logic
    21.     }
    23. }
    and where should i put this code?
    Code (CSharp):
    1. ActionGameThriveNotificationReceived += HandleNotification;
    example please... because it got error when i uncomment this..
    Unexpected symbol `+=' in class, struct, or interface member declaration

and for the GCMS sender ID in AN setting, is the ID that have api-project- or just the number?
    ----------------------------------------------------------

My condition is
    1. My android apps isn't published yet, still test mode with google play service (leaderboard etc) and ofcourse GMS activated. Is "not published" the problem here?
    2. i use Any Ip for google GMS like in gamethrive tutorial here http://documentation.gamethrive.com/v1.0/docs/installing-the-gamethrive-sdk
    3. i also done all tutorial here http://documentation.gamethrive.com/v1.0/docs/installing-the-gamethrive-sdk and https://unionassets.com/android-native-plugin/push-notifications-169 (the difference is, i use EMPTY IP like in the gamethrive tutorial. i already try with 0.0.0.0/0 but my device still not registered

please help me, what i'm missing?
    really noob at coding here :/
    i just hope there's playmaker action available :/

Last edited: Mar 9, 2015
  46. nonaxanon

nonaxanon

still playing with this, from time to time, today im not sure how to make this work, if im correct in this next code the data is saved to the drive correct?,
    Code (CSharp):
    1. GooglePlaySavedGamesManager.instance.CreateNewSnapshot(currentSaveName, description, Screenshot, "some save data, for example you can use JSON or byte array", TotalPlayedTime);
    in particular, the lines that say "some save data, for example you can use JSON or byte array", lets say i only saved int Score, which contains well, the score.. how or on what part of the code is that handled so that when you load your saved game it changes the values accordingly., this is the part im confused

47. nonaxanon

nonaxanon

anyone please ?

48. redccoma

redccoma

hello stan!

i confirmed your thread.
    change AndroidNativePlugins version(6.2).(because i had Relevant GooglePlayService Event function problem.)

but... i can`t found Android native plugins Setting in inspector.
    One must be initialized and set from?

qwdqwdqwd.png

Last edited: Mar 10, 2015
  49. stanislav-osipov

stanislav-osipov

It looks like the Store issue, But you can always contact the support team and ask them to send latest plugin version for you!

Well you can do like this:
    Code (CSharp):
    1. GooglePlaySavedGamesManager.instance.CreateNewSnapshot(currentSaveName, description, Screenshot,MyScore.ToString(), TotalPlayedTime);
    and then just parse your score from string when snapshot is downloaded.

Sorry for slow forum replays. You can get answers much faster if you will use support e-mail. Send e-mail stans.assets@gmail.com. And also remind that you already have the conversation with me on the forum, int this case such ticket will be referred to me directly.
    BY the way are you sire your play service settings is correct? Can you check it once again?
    https://unionassets.com/android-native-plugin/saved-games-142#implementation

Can you please give me the error log? Thanks!

You just need to open the plugin settings. Window -> Android Native -> Edit Settings
    The settings resource will be created automatically. If that is not happening, then something is goes wrong, and you should have at least error message in the console window.

50. AlexRay

AlexRay

@Keitaro3660
    Solution for your error is following:
    GoogleCloudMessageService.ActionGameThriveNotificationReceived += Your_Method;

As Your_Method you can add your own method and implement necessary game logic.