Search Unity

[RELEASED][ANDROID][iOS]My Newest game Reckville now on the google Play Store and Its FREE!

Discussion in 'Made With Unity' started by ZAxisTechnology, Aug 31, 2015.

1. ZAxisTechnology

ZAxisTechnology

Z Axis is proud to announce the newest game from our collective insanity: RECKVILLE.
    Swing your giant Recking Ball (we know thats not how you spell it) around the infinite city of Reckville to cause as much destruction as you can! Build up your combo to morph into the giant badass SpikeBall for even more madness. Up your highscore to unlock new weapons and buildings so you can reck harder and longer ‪#‎thatswhatshesaid‬.

Its now officially launched on the Google Play Store for the low low price of FREE and without any ads! Please support a fellow Unity developer; try it out and let us know what you think!

Love,
    The Z Axis Team

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.ZAxisEntertainment.Reckville&hl=en Screen1_text.png Screen2_text.png Screen3_text.png Screen_eiffelText.png

RoyalCoder likes this.
  2. Patico

Patico

Not bad, nice UI : )
    It will be more effective if you also add gameplay video ;-)

3. ZAxisTechnology

ZAxisTechnology

Thanks @Patico,
    Just finished a (scrappy but effective) promo video of the gameplay!
    Check it out:

4. Patico

Patico

It is wonderful!
    How did you do building destruction? Is it pre-defined meshes or runtime splitting?

5. ZAxisTechnology

ZAxisTechnology

Glad you like it! The buildings were destroyed with the Ultimate Game Tools fracturing plugin which uses a voronoi algorithm to process the chunks and save them as assets, so sadly theres no real time fracturing. That would probably kill most mobile processors anyway. Hope you enjoy playing it!

6. ZAxisTechnology

ZAxisTechnology

Update just released adding an achievement system and a new weapon: The UFO! see it in action at the end of the above video and these screenshots:
    Screen_UFO1.png Screen_UFO2.png Screen_mothership.png

7. joni-giuro

joni-giuro

This looks really fun! The only thing that bothers me is how empty the whole street is. It gives the whole game that "amateur" feel. I think adding small gardens, cars, and stuff like that would improve the whole thing.

8. ZAxisTechnology

ZAxisTechnology

Thanks joni,
    I agree the bareness of the streets always bothered me. I was just concerned that since the buildings are placed randomly the "scenery" items would intersect with other buildings. Ill try it out though, I do think it would improve the overall look!

9. joni-giuro

joni-giuro

The street is always empty, you could start by filling that with traffic (maybe even moving traffic). For gardens and other stuff I suggest you build a modular system. You define a grid where each block has room for one building. Inside the grid you define other points where different assets can be spawned, and when you add spawn building you add some random assets at those defined spots. That way you will have a lot of different combination and no building will feel like "I've already seen this building"

10. joni-giuro

joni-giuro

I would also get rid of the default blue background and replace it with a cartoony sky. I like the idea of the flat billboard buildings on the side but I think it would look awesome if you would replace it with a beach and a cartoony ocean. So the street will look like a really small version of this picture:

Sorry I keep posting, it's just that I think this game has potential.

11. ZAxisTechnology

ZAxisTechnology

Thanks for the suggestions! Please keep em coming, Id always like to hear what you guys think and how to improve the game. I like the grid idea, that was an option i was considering at the start but I was a bit too lazy to implement it and used a simpler approach. As for the background buildings and sky, I actually did use a toony skybox at first but because of the buildings on the sides you couldnt actually see any of the skybox except for a pretty constant dark blue color, so i scrapped it to improve performance and build size. I just added some trees that line the sides of the street right near the flat buildings but the triangle count is becoming heavy. As for the beach idea, I was going for a darker urban aesthetic and having too complex a background scenery would start to eat at the performance which is already strained as each building fragment is a meshcollider and there are about 30 per building. Im actually amazed it runs so smoothly at the moment hahah. The moving traffic was actually something I just started working on, with rigidbody cars moving up and down the center lane. Might strain the performance though, ill still try it out. Screenshot (148).png

12. ZAxisTechnology

ZAxisTechnology