Search Unity

[RELEASED][Android] AVION Checkpoint now on Google Play

Discussion in 'Made With Unity' started by imandic, Jul 3, 2014.

1. imandic

imandic

Update:
    Game is public on

Hi,
    I have "released" fist beta version of "Avion Checkpoint" flying game I'm working on last few months (Android 3.2+, work in progress on iOS version).

Fly your small airplane, avoid collisions with ground or enemy planes and collect gates in right order.

You can find more details at: www.avion-checkpoint.com
    or you can try web player demo at: www.avion-checkpoint.com/avion

Take a look at two levels on YouTube:

Suggestions are more than welcome.

Thanks in advance,
    Ivan, Serbia

Last edited: Aug 3, 2014
    kambruster and Gizrik like this.
  2. imandic

imandic

What would you like to see in game like this one?
    I'm open to any suggestion.

3. imandic

imandic

Bug fixes and new feature:
    - fixed bug in Level 5 (gate can not be destroyed)
    - added new feature: shooting enemy planes in Level 6
    - minimap moved on left side of screen

4. Gizrik

Gizrik

Awesome! This looks addicting!

What if there was a world tour, and each level is a different country with different scenery?

5. AndrewAPrice

AndrewAPrice

That is a really great looking game. I also like the idea of a world tour. You could do by country (e.g. Level 1 is Canada, Level 2 is United States, 3 is Mexico, 4 is Brazil, 5 is Australia, 6 is Singapore.. etc) If you wanted a really long game you could even do regions within countries.

6. imandic

imandic

Thanks Gizrik, MessiahAndrw,
    world tour is a great idea, every level can be associated to different country (France level could have Eiffel Tower, England could be with few bridges and Big Ben, Canada level could be green with lot's of forests, Sweden with lakes, Greece with many islands...).
    I will consider adding country related levels for version 2.0., right now goal is to fix bugs and put game to Android Market.

I have few more ideas (dogfight level, "kamikaze" level where goal is to crash airplane into ship,...).

Thanks again, your comments mean a lot to me...

Gizrik likes this.
  7. AndrewAPrice

AndrewAPrice

I've been playing this for a couple of days - great job.

I have two suggestions (your game is already great, these are just ideas to polish it off).

I find the controls (sliding my finger on the screen to steer up and down) a little difficult, especially on tight corners where I have to slide my finger a lot. I think it would be useful if you had an option to use different controls like onscreen buttons or an onscreen thumb pad.

Sometimes when I scrape the ground, like if I brush a mountain top, my plane doesn't die straight away but flies right through then explodes a second later. I think it might help if the plane blows up immediately.

8. imandic

imandic

I have uploaded new version with few changes (mostly performance issues) but with one big change:
    If you hit ground, airplane will be torn to pieces

Regarding steering, try to move your finger slowly up or down, it's much easier to create loop if swipe is slow and steady.

I have tried onscreen buttons (and control pad on a part of screen) but found that it's much easier for left hand users to choose where they wont to put finger (and also tablet users). Will work more on this issue and I'm sure that good solution will come up...

Web player at www.avion-checkpoint.com/avion is also updated.
    BTW, I have a webplayer problems on one windows8 computer where I can't see fonts in game (only squares), on all other testing machines everything seems to be fine. Does anyone experience same problem with my game? Maybe it's Win8 issue?

9. imandic

imandic

Crashing into ground video:

Air to air missiles video:

10. imandic

imandic

11. imandic

imandic

12. imandic

imandic

Lots of changes in new version on Google PLAY:
    - Added explosion sounds.
    - Object shadows are enabled by default now.
    - Added more 3D objects.
    - Changed font in menu.
    - Added small increase in airplane velocity.

13. imandic

imandic

HI,
    I have made a few changes in new version:

- explosions when airplane hits another plane
    - new effect when airplane collects package
    - status line (lives, checkpoints, time) is revamped
    - new enemy airplane models
    - new enemy generating script
    - slower missiles on level 12

Can you please try game and send me what you think? I'm open to all suggestions and critics.

Please rate game if you like it and help me build new levels, airplane air-to-air missiles, bombs, dog-fight mod, kamikaze mod...

Thanks, Ivan

14. Gizrik

Gizrik

Yay it released! I'll download it as soon as I can.

You should make a YouTube channel, and advertise it at yttalk.com

15. imandic

imandic

I have uploaded new game version on Google Play.
    List of changes:

- new script for controlling enemy airplanes
    - new script for controlling missiles (both air-to-air and ground-to-air)
    - added music on status screens (main menu, screen between levels) (thanks kvizac@gmail.com)
    - changed status on top (lives are represented with small airplane sprites, level time is on left side, not so important information is under)

If you have few minutes, test game and alert me if something is wrong, I have made big changes in code.

And please, if you like game, press on Google+ Like button on Google Play, or write review. It means lot to me (and game ranking).

Link: https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...any.CrazyPlane

Thanks Gizrik, I will work on YouTube channel asap. I have channel, just need to add more videos: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCu79gKeoU4ZE4wLpBbtUzuQ

16. imandic

imandic

New version (2.0):

- Fixed status line (time is represented with clock icon)
    - Fixed menu script (now menu should look nice on all display resolutions, including HD and FullHD)
    - Added inner and outer looping mode for airplane. Second touch over first one will force airplane to outer loop, secon touch under first one will force airplane to inner loop. Second touch should be over or under control touch, but anywhere on screen (even with second hand on other part of the screen)
    - Changed menu music
    - Changed missile sound

Next update will bring firing missiles with double touch.

17. Gizrik

Gizrik

There should be a multiplayer endless level where the plane who survives the longest wins.

18. imandic

imandic

New version (2.0.2):

Double tap anywhere on screen fires missile from airplane. Now you can kill ugly enemies and their rockets

Rate or share info if you like game and help me develop more levels, new airplanes, more features...

Regarding endless level, I'm thinking to make a procedural terrain, just didn't figured how to do that :)...Nice idea Gizrik, thanks...

Gizrik likes this.
  19. Gizrik

Gizrik

You're really smart to build all of this other stuff! I'm sure you can figure it out :)

20. imandic

imandic

New major update: Online Scores

After finished level, you will be able to see top 10 players score and your position (if you are in top 10).
    Internet connection required.

21. imandic

imandic

New update (2.1.1) brings:

- Airplane speeds up when going down and slows down when going up
    - You can destroy cannon with missiles (double tap anywhere on screen)
    - few minor changes and level balancing

22. kambruster

kambruster

This is a really fun game. It brings me back to my childhood playing atari games. A bit of the old school brought into the future. Awesome work. G+. One thing I didn't like is the permission about ID and phone.

23. imandic

imandic

24. imandic

imandic

Thanks kambruster,
    device ID is used to post scores online (I'm using device ID just to identify player in database). If you think that possession of ID can harm you in any way, I will find out another way for identification?

With regards, Ivan

25. kambruster

kambruster

I don't think it's a problem but to a random user the message you get on Android for the permission is "Allows the app to access the phone features of the device. This permission allows the app to determine the phone number and device ID's, whether a call is active, and the remote number connected by a call". That could turn a few people off, but than again most people never even look at the app permissions.

26. imandic

imandic

In new update (2.2):
    - checkpoints destruction is animated
    - collecting packages increases airplane speed, collisions with enemies slows down flying machine from Hell
    - code is optimized
    - and lots more...

27. imandic

imandic

Game is updated with new mode: "SURVIVAL Flight" where you can fly whole day on endless terrain.
    Graphics on this level is improved and if I get positive feedback, I will use same system on all other levels.

Please try and send comments.
    Thanks, Ivan

28. imandic

imandic

In new version on Google Play:
    - all levels are remade with improved graphics
    - you can shoot missiles with FIRE button (instead double tap)
    - airplane consumes fuel so you have to catch packages to fill up tank
    - missiles can destroy checkpoints (gates).

I would be grateful if you can try game and post impressions and if possible few words about performance.

Thanks, Ivan

29. imandic

imandic

30. imandic

imandic

Help needed!

Last few months I have 20-30 plays per day (tracked by google analytics), but in last 10 days number of plays jumped to hundreds/day, and in analytic all "visits" are from China.

Problem is that they are playing old old 2.0 version (WebPlayer build), and I have no idea hot to find website on which they are playing to send them updated much better version. In google analytics I have all data, city, level, operating system, but cant find referrer link.

Do someone knows is there a unity web games aggregator for Chinese market?

Thanks, Ivan

31. imandic

imandic

32. imandic

imandic

New version is online (on Google Play):
    - 8 new aircraft models
    - 3 missile types (regular missiles, homing missiles, double homing missiles)
    - new game interface (Unity3D 4.6 UI)