Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

[Released] Advanced AI Pro - AAA AI Solution -

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by Zozo2099, Feb 3, 2013.

1. Zozo2099

Zozo2099

Advanced AI Pro
    is a complete and professional AI solution for Unity game designers, artists (non-programmers). It has the main features of any industry-standard enemy AI behavior, as well as neutral, and friendly/ally behaviors.

23/09/2015

<Version 7.2 is available>

New: Unity 5 Ready

{NOW SUPPORTS UNITY FREE}

[Works with UFPS & Realistic FPS Prefab]

$2uoh.jpg

NEW: Includes a bonus Soldier AI Prefab ready to action for your game
    Main Features:
    • Supports Unity Free and Unity Pro.
    • Compatible with Unity built-in Pathfinding system (NavMesh).
    • Static and dynamic obstacle avoidance.
    • Five main classes: Enemy, NPC aggressive, NPC passive, Companion, and Defender Ally.
    • NPC Passive class is suitable for domestic animal behaviors.
    • Supports user's own animation clips (idle, chase, wander, attack, hit, retreat, die, flee for NPC, follow for Companion and Defender).
    • Supports user's own sound effects for each AI's animation state.
    • AI has 3 patrol modes: Stay in place, dynamic random wandering, or using a waypoints path (inspector-integrated Waypoint Editor).
    • AI has its field of view range, attacking behaviors and chasing are based on it.
    • AI can hear its target, or any environmental object making noise, so it will come to its place to investigate..
    • Easy to implement and to setup. (a single click to create, assign your animations, sound effects, adjust the inspector parameters according to your needs, and you are done).
    • AI can do melee attack, or ranged attack, or both of them (depending on the target's distance).
    • Multiple targets support (main, and second targets).
    • Projectile handling for ranged attack.
    • AI can jump off gaps.
    • AI can scan the target's suspected area to search for the target when it is alerted or it gets hit from far.
    • AI can check the last known position of the target when the latter is not anymore within AI's view range.
    • AI can alert its nearby companions to come and give help (when AI gets hit, or when the target is on sight).
    • AI has two intelligence modes; stupid or smart.
    • AI can retreat when its health is low, runaway from its target, and then can be wounded, or replenishes its health.
    • Comes with ready target's health projectile scripts, no other programming is required.
    • Colored graphical gizmos representation of AI's ranges (view, hearing, wandering, inactive state) in the editor window.
    • Ragdoll option when AI is dead.
    • Particle effects support for the AI when it gets hit (e.g. blood particles), or when it is dead ('Blood Decal" on the ground).
    • Full C# source code is available for you to modify it as you want.
    • Includes a detailed Pdf documentation, as well as, 9 example scenes, with an animated 3D dummy character.

Where to get it:
    You can purchase it from Unity Asset Store HERE

Price:
    50$.

Documentation::
    Full PDF documentation here.

UFPS Guide
    Realistic FPS Prefab Guide
    Mecanim Setup Guide

Games using "Advanced AI Pro":
    - VoidKeeper (For Ouya, by Kurotatso Studios):

- Survival Strike:

Video Tutorials:

Note: These tutorials were recorded using an early version of Advanced AI Pro, now the inspector-Gui of the asset is more friendly, looks better, and organized.

1- Advanced AI Pro General Setup Melee attack 1
    2- Advanced AI Pro General Setup Melee attack 2
    3- Advanced AI Pro Ranged attack
    4- Advanced AI Pro Hearing
    5- Advanced AI Pro NPC Behaviors Aggressive Passive

Soldier character model taken from the "Bootcamp" demo, transformed into AI in a few minutes, its ragdoll is made using Unity "Create Ragdoll", here is the result:

Video of Epic Battle test demo made with the new upcoming version 3.8, both teams use melee ranged attack modes:

Demo Video of Companion AI behavior introduced in v1.5, you need to protect your companion from enemies:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tyPc7348gbM

Demo video of "Defender AI", it is your ally, it will follow you and attack enemies.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Mar 17, 2016
  2. mrbdrm

mrbdrm

can we add more states without coding ?
    if so i will say 50$ is good price :)

3. DanRaine

DanRaine

Count me in...

Dan

4. nixter

nixter

What can yours do that other popular AI packages like RAIN{indie} and Fantasy AI 2.0 can't do? Comparison please.

5. Zozo2099

Zozo2099

Many Thanks for your support ;) I will keep you informed with every new feature, news, or screenshots. I'm working hard on it, and be sure that after releasing it, the support will continue according to customers needs ;) I'm happy working on this project :)

6. Zozo2099

Zozo2099

Thank you for your time :)

Well honestly I only tested Fantasy AI a little, it is more specialized for RPG type games I see, and RAIN{indie} is a behavior-tree system, not like mine.

Well AI Advanced Pro as I said uses Unity built-in navigation system for pathfinding, which has a solid API indeed.
    All AI parameters could be manipulated in the inspector, no behavior-tree system like as in RAIN One.
    When AI wanders it automatically detects static obstacles to avoid them, also you can get benefits of Unity built-in "dynamic obstacle avoidance", so AI will detect them too.
    Also the ability to integrate all your animation clips and Sfx to your AI is good to make ready-to-go characters without the necessity to add additional scripts to handle animations or Sfx, you know that you have to handle the compatibility issues as well (all animations/sfx slots are optional though;) ). I don't think that RAIN{indie} handles animations/sfx by its own, so you need to do some additional work and coding!

Thank you.

Last edited: Feb 3, 2013
  7. nixter

nixter

Thanks for the response. Looking forward to demos and tutorials so I can decide if it works for me.

8. Zozo2099

Zozo2099

Hello to all,

some news: Well the package will include 3 showcase scenes including an animated dummy character:

Hearing Demo
    Melee Attack
    Ranged Attack

Also be sure that I will make a video tutorial upon releasing so you will have a whole idea of what is included in the package.

AI can wander, chase, and hear. chasing the target is based on AI's field of view, also for example if there is a wall (obstacle) in front of the AI and the target is on the other side of wall then the AI won't be able to see him.

I'm intending to make an option for friendly AI, so it will (or not) follow target all time.

Bye

Last edited: Feb 4, 2013
  9. Zozo2099

Zozo2099

Hello,

Some news: Now the AdvancedAI has a graphical gizmos in your editor window, all parameters like (field of view radius, hearing distance, and outer Go-Inactive radius) are all represented by colored gizmos in the editor main window, so very easy and user-friendly to setup your bot behavior ;)

I'm now writing the Pdf documentation, and as I said before a full video tutorial will be available when AdvancedAI is live on unity store ;)

Bye

Last edited: Feb 5, 2013
  10. RayWolf

RayWolf

sounds really good, count me in.

11. ProjectOne

ProjectOne

Bookmarked

12. Zozo2099

Zozo2099

Hello to all,

First I would like to thank all supporters, I received some nice PMs, be sure that this AI system will be what you search for ;).

I have some good news :) :
    Well, I have introduced two new classes to AdvancedAI; one called (NPC Aggressive) and other called (NPC Passive);

The First one (aggressive NPC) has all the same properties of standard enemy class, but it starts its behavior as friendly NPC (idle or wandering), When you attack it, then it will be transform into an enemy that will attack you like any enemy from standard enemy class.

The second one (passive NPC) has a friendly passive behavior, it don't have any attacking behaviors, so it wanders randomly, and if you attack it, then it will try to run away fom you (it is afraid).

Well I added these 2 classes from your requests, and I know that some of you want to have varied AI behaviors, not only enemies.

Thanks for reading.

Bye

13. Zozo2099

Zozo2099

Pakcage is submitted today, launching price is 45$.

A detailed PDF documentation is included in the package, with 5 example scenes, and a 3D animated dummy character.

A video tutorial is coming very soon.

Bye

Last edited: Feb 11, 2013
  14. Zozo2099

Zozo2099

Hello everyone;

Advanced AI Pro is now online on unity asset store :)

Don't forget to check the video tutorials above, tomorrow I will add more! :)

Bye

15. Teila

Teila

This looks nice but the videos have some serious audio problems. Could you include a written tutorial as well please? Thank you.

16. Zozo2099

Zozo2099

Hello,

You mean my real voice, or the audio of the video itself? (I'm not english :D)

A detailed Pdf documentation is already included in the purchased package :)

In any case the video tutorials are only to have a general and a quick idea, I would advise you to read the written Pdf documentation though!

17. Teila

Teila

Your voice was fine but the audio was very bad, making your voice go in and out, difficult and rather headache producing sounds. :) Since there are several AI options on the asset store it would be nice to have a demo and/or documentation we could read prior to purchase. I won't fault your English because unlike you, I don't know a second language. However, along with the bad audio your accent can be hard to understand at times. Some captions on the video would be very helpful for people like me.

For example, can your AI be used in an rpg or is it entirely used for fps?

18. Zozo2099

Zozo2099

Yes this is an AI system, so it can be used in any game genre featuring enemy and/or NPC (friendly non-attacking behaviors), in RPGs or other types (FPS, 3rd Person....), I just included a "First Person Controller" as a player in the screenshots/package for demonstration purposes only.

Also this system is the easiest to implement and to setup, and it is compatible with the powerful pathfinding system that comes with Unity, so you don't need to have third-party packages for pathfinding.

When I finish to add all video tutorials series, then I will add subtitles to those videos in YouTube :)

Check your PM please.

Last edited: Feb 15, 2013
  19. Zozo2099

Zozo2099

Hello;

Full PDF documentation is now available for everyone to check it out :) (see link above).
    Also new video tutorials have been added (see above).

Bye

20. Hans

Hans

Hello Zozo2099

are you able to add more Animations eg - Attack1, attack2, attack3 etc? and is can do it random?

i am working on a RPG

Thanks

Hans

21. Zozo2099

Zozo2099

Yes nice feature, choose between randomly melee attacks ;) it is now on my ToDo list for next update :)

Attention: I'm planning to raise the price when next version is out, I put 45$ only for launching time ;)

If you have any other features which you need for your projects don't hesitate to mention them here, I will study all new ideas to improve Advanced AI.

Bye

22. Hans

Hans

hehe Great

Can you give me a list of the new Feature you are going to add please?

i do have a lot more features that i would like added.

Thanks

Hans

23. Zozo2099

Zozo2099

In the next update you will be able to assign multiple melee attack animations with each own's sfx sound and damage value :)

Well I'm thinking of adding a new class for NPC behaviors; a Follow Feature, under command, this means that you order the NPC to follow you or to stop (like your companion, seen in many games). You can assign the keyboard key you want to use for stop/follow command in the AI's inspector. Easy, isn't it :)!

Bye

24. Hans

Hans

nice . good feature the follow :)
    can you have the person following you do attacks, ranged attacks and defend who ever it is following?

With the Melee mulitiple attack animations can you also put mulitiple Ranged attacks to please eg spell 1, spell 2 etc and the sfx and damge values and the particles pefabs too?

Thanks

Hans

Last edited: Feb 15, 2013
  25. Zozo2099

Zozo2099

Yes why not, so your AI companion can attack other enemy AIs, this will be a great addition to the system :) on my ToDo list.

Yes this can be possible too :)

Like that I think I have a good list of updates for the next version.

Bye

26. Hans

Hans

finding that when you set everything up and run the game and if the player dosent move close to the AIenemy they don't wonder around, they just stand there.
    They only move if you get into there white area then they wander around for a couple of idle stops then they don't move again.

I have not change nothing, and even if i do change the settings of the idle wait etc, the AIenemy still don't automatically wonder around

Thanks

Hans

27. Zozo2099

Zozo2099

Hello,

Whenever you are within the white area the AI will wander randomly, if it stops this means that you got out of his range. Attention when the AI wanders his ranges also move with him, this is logic isn't it! :) so for your case I think that simply the AI, when wandering, it gets far from you so you became out of his outer range :)

increase his outer range value if you want it to wander all time in a certain area, so you can be sure that even if it wanders far from you, you can still be within his white range.

I hope that I solved your issue. :)
    Bye

28. Zozo2099

Zozo2099

Hello;

Good news here:

Well I finished working on multiple melee/ranged attacks option (each with its own anim/sfx/damage value).

Now I'm working on "Companion Behavior" it will follow your commands to follow you or to stop in place, but be careful that it is not seen by an enemy, otherwise the enemy will attack your companion if seen, so you have to protect your companion! This behavior involves AI is being attacked by another AI. :)

When this feature is done, I will release a video demo of this feature (Protect your companion and escape together). :)

Bye

Last edited: Feb 16, 2013
  29. Zozo2099

Zozo2099

Hello to all;

Here is a video demo of the upcoming feature for next update (Companion AI class), it follows your commands, and it can be attacked by enemies when seen:

30. Meltdown

Meltdown

I'd be interested to hear what design patterns you used for handling the AI in your source code? And can additional behaviours be easily plugged into the base AI objects?

31. the_master288

the_master288

Hello Zozo2099,

A quick question regarding the AI. Do you have plans to support third party navmeshes?

Thanks.

Edit: Just for clarification, I was wondering if this package has or will have support for A* Pathfinding Project or another third party solution for the navmesh generation?

Last edited: Feb 17, 2013
  32. Zozo2099

Zozo2099

Hi;

Well I didn't test it yet with other packages, my system is based on Unity built-in system for navigation and pathfinding which has a powerful and clean API, this system is not FSM based (which I find a little limited), and the easier system to implement than others, (You have an animated 3D character, and optionally SFX for serious projects, ok then just add Advanced AI to your character, that's all)

Remember that the source code is written in C# and is formatted in Visual Studio 2010, easy to understand. Also if you are a programmer then you can modify the source code as you want after purchasing :)

Attention; The next update 1.5 will come in few days, and the price will be raised to 50 or 60$. ;)

Bye

33. Zozo2099

Zozo2099

Hello,

This might be possible to do, but not in the near future, because I'm now concentrating on developing the actual AI system (based on Unity's navigation) to be ideal and perfect AAA AI implementation.

If you have Unity pro, then try to purchase the system now as the price will be raised during serious updates, a new update 1.5 is coming in a few days with a new Companion AI class (like seen in many games where the player has a friendly companion and you have to protect him....) well the price for this update will be 50-60$.

Please bookmark this thread page if you can so you can get all update information :)

Bye

34. the_master288

the_master288

Hi,

Thanks for the response, I will definitely have to check the AI out. I have bookmarked this page for all of the future update information.

35. Zozo2099

Zozo2099

Hello;

Update v1.5 has been submitted to the asset store, and pending review :)

Changelog v1.5:
    • Added multiple Melee Attack Anim/Sfx/Damage option in the inspector of AI Enemy, and NPC Aggressive.
    • Added "Companion AI" behavior class, with a demo scene.
    • Minor issues are fixed.
    • Updated Pdf documentation.

Last edited: Feb 18, 2013
  36. Zozo2099

Zozo2099

Update v1.5 is now online on the store, go and update :)

37. Zozo2099

Zozo2099

Hello everyone;

I'm working now on a new version, including improvements for projectile behavior, and ranged attack mode (for your shooting projects):

- Projectile decals on objects (like bullet holes).
    - Projectile impact particle FX sound sfx (like smoke on bullet holes, bullet impact SFX, or even blood on target).
    -"Reload" feature for the AI, so you will be able to setup your own reload animation for ranged attack.

Last edited: Feb 23, 2013
  38. Venged

Venged

39. Venged

Venged

Does this asset require unity Pro?

40. Zozo2099

Zozo2099

Yes, as it uses Unity's native pathfinding system API.

41. Venged

Venged

Thanks I'll revisit this asset when I get my Pro License. I hope to buy Unity Pro next month.
    Please add that it require Pro to the description. I almost bought it not knowing.

42. Zozo2099

Zozo2099

Thank you for your interest. I already put at the top of the description that it requires Unity Pro ;)
    http://u3d.as/content/abbas/advanced-ai-pro/49k

43. Zozo2099

Zozo2099

Hello everyone;

The new update v2.0 will be submitted soon to the asset store, as soon as I finish updating the documentations.

<Features v2.0 Update>​

Improvements for projectile behavior, and ranged attack mode:
    • Projectile decals on objects (like bullet holes).
    • Projectile impact particle Fx sound Sfx (like smoke particles on bullet holes, and bullet impact's sound).
    • "Reload" feature for the AI, so you will be able to setup your own reload animation/Sfx for ranged attack.

Demo video of projectile improvements Reload feature for the AI:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nJI7rUYeCRY

Last edited: Feb 27, 2013
  44. Zozo2099

Zozo2099

Version 2.0 is now online on the asset store, go and update :)

45. Zozo2099

Zozo2099

Hello all;

Some good news, I'm actually working on the "demanded" AI behavior called "Defender", it is like a "Companion" AI but it will attack enemies and defend its target (player).

When it is done I will post a simple demo video :)

Bye

Last edited: Mar 5, 2013
  46. Crazy Robot

Crazy Robot

Will the enemy dodge at all? Run from grenades, dodge behind objects??

Thanks,

47. Zozo2099

Zozo2099

Hello;

Not in the next update, but it will be available as new AI improvments in future updates :).
    Attention: Price will be rised as the new update is submitted to the asset store.

Bye

48. Zozo2099

Zozo2099

Hello everyone;

The new update v2.5 is submitted to the asset store, and here is a little video demo of the new feature "Defender Ally AI":

"Defender AI" is your ally, it will follow you and attack enemies.

The new version contains an updated Pdf documentation, don't forget to refer to it.

Enjoy it! :)

Last edited: Mar 14, 2013
  49. Zozo2099

Zozo2099

The new update v2.5 is now live on the asset store, go and update! :)

Bye

50. Zozo2099

Zozo2099

Hello everyone;

I'm working on a new update to improve the general looking of the AI inspector, with variable grouping in separated groups according to their functions, so it will be easier for you to access them. Also I'm working on a fix for the "Defender Ally" view routine.

Hopefully the new update will come soon to the asset store.

Bye

Last edited: Mar 18, 2013