Search Unity

[Released] acParkour (UFPS Add-On)

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by yung, Jun 7, 2014.

1. yung

yung

Hiya guys,

Just a short update. Been working on the acParkour full body integration, and here's a test for you guys. Most things are in though third person view of the climb is wonky, will be fixing that and a few others.

Let me know what you guys think. Appreciate the feedback!

This will be a free Update for existing customers. We are currently looking into increasing the acParkour price of 10 USD to probably 45 USD.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/3061307/ParkourGirl/ParkourGirl.html

Stormbreaker likes this.
  2. Z43D

Z43D

Hey Yung, your work is awesome. I know a big part of this whole thing is FPS but my game isn't going to have but maybe a melee weapon or two.

Would you be able to show a demo without a weapon equipped? Just curious how fluid all of it is without anything added.

3. yung

yung

@ZedalisDesign
    Thanks for the kind words!
    You can actually just press Backspace on your keyboard to unequip the current weapon.

4. Coder_lab

Coder_lab

Just tried out the test, works really well! Thanks so much for your hard work yung, I had a great time getting from the bottom of the cylindrical structure to the top, watching my little feet scrambling madly for purchase. The only hiccups were a slight jerkyness in the camera while sliding (crouching while running to enter slide) and the hands grabbing the air to lift the player up, instead of grabbing the top of the wall.

Edit: I also left a review on the asset store, five stars for an outstanding asset.

5. yung

yung

@nameis

Thanks a lot for the review! Much appreciate it!

I noticed the jerkiness is getting more and more severe, especially in third person mode. Will be looking into addressing this. The hands grabbing the air part is surprisingly hard to implement now that we have a proper full body, but not too worry we will be addressing this before release.

6. Zaxs_Reaper

Zaxs_Reaper

@yung Sorry for a very late reply Yung more like a month after reply XD. I manage to fix that bug by turning on the weapon camera cause I accidentally turned of the weapon camera.

7. yung

yung

@Zaxs_Reaper

No worries, glad that it's resolved!

acParkour 1.0.4 is now in the Asset Store!

8. JueixRocks

JueixRocks

Going to be getting this, This weekend, it look's awesome.

9. Zaxs_Reaper

Zaxs_Reaper

@yung Hey man is there any way to move left and right while doing a ledge hang

10. yung

yung

@Zaxs_Reaper
    This feature is not in this current version. I will look into this after the full body integration is done

11. Pulov

Pulov

The 3D woman looks awesome, just the abs look a bit too masive and look more of a male than a female. Otherwise looks awesome.

12. davbar9

davbar9

I have acParkour Purchased.

acParkour: 2 BUGS and questions.
    I tested your last build test.
    https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/3061307/ParkourGirl/ParkourGirl.html

1º I found 2 bugs. I recorded a video.
    This 2 bugs aren't solved in v1.0.4 acparkour or latest versions and in the demo with character.
    Video:

2º The third person camera is diferent than UFPS v1.4.8.
    I like the new camera third person but is posible have optional original camera with third person?
    To can choose the two types of third person cameras.

3º You can add in the asset, white model person materials?

4º Parkour player character is for update v1.0.5?

5º I need acParkour with character to use in PC and Android and acParkour without character to use in Androids with little hardware.
    I say to take it into mind for future updates that allow both options to choose from.
    Prefab1, player with character.
    Prefab2, player without character.

6ºThis is possible to do in futures updates. My requests from mirrors edge:

-Hands running animation with character and without character.

-Falling clutching to the rope:
    youtu.be/hWxbP3u45ik?t=2m45s

-Balance:
    youtu.be/hWxbP3u45ik?t=3m1s

-Big Jump:
    youtu.be/hWxbP3u45ik?t=5m19s

-Skip running over objects. Big jump with somersault and fall not hurt:
    youtu.be/hWxbP3u45ik?t=4m37s

-And if is possible, Option to change to this: no botton run, gradually increase walking speed.

Last edited: Oct 27, 2014
  13. yung

yung

@Pulov
    Fair point ahahaha, I like the women strong though :D

@davbar9
    Thanks for reporting the bugs!

1. This bug has been resolved. Mainly a bad level design decision.
    2. Yes you can use the original third person camera by UFPS, it will be easy to tweak.
    3. What do you mean by white material?
    4. yes if nothing major is stopping us, the next update will be the parkour player character integration!
    5. It is not hard at all to create a prefab without the character, though I must warn you that acParkour has never been aimed for mobile, though it should still work.
    6. All of them ar enice features! Will put this into the list of feature to look into.

14. RoTru

RoTru

I'd have to say running over objects makes the most sense as it allows a player to "keep running" in true parkour style. Would love that.

Not sure about the rope stuff... Even Mirror's Edge could never figure out how to make good use of it.

Also this is just a slight critique, but from behind the jacket on your new girl model makes her look fat... would suggest tapering her jacket in, from the 3rd person view her jacket gives her a bit of a top heavy robot shape, otherwise it's very well modeled, just that one thing does it kind of a disservice. You're probably trying to keep it from clipping into her body, so i'd suggest make it shorter...

Last edited: Oct 27, 2014
  15. davbar9

davbar9

Thanks for the reply.
    3. White material, sorry, white clothes.

16. radiantboy

radiantboy

Just a note to say how awesome the 3rd person fully body awareness is, cant wait to get my hands on the next version :)

17. paulojsam

paulojsam

is this compatible with the latest version of UFPS

18. radiantboy

radiantboy

19. yung

yung

@radiantboy
    thanks for the kind words! We are almost ready for the next release soon, stay tuned ! ;)

@paulojsam
    Yes this is compatible with the latest UFPS.

20. JRRReynolds

JRRReynolds

awesome update! Thank you for bringing this to your customers...we REEEEAAALLY appreciate it!

21. yung

yung

Hi fellows, I would like to announce to you the latest update for acParkour

acParkour 1.0.5 will bring full support for UFPS' full body awareness system.
    This update comes with a model, Selanus Tian, animated to take advantage of acParkour parkour system.
    Currently not advisable to attempt to do this in mobile.
    While untested, VR on the other hand, should be fine.

As of this update, the price has been revised to 45 USD,

Check out the trailer for a glimpse of the new acParkour

Hope you guys enjoy it!

@Zrexa
    Glad you like it mate! Kinda shocked though, that you guys get to know if it's approved before we did.

22. eridani

eridani

Hello, in the demo I tried jumping up a high wall and the girl climbed it ok but then got stuck in this levitating catlike position:

acParkour.png

23. eridani

eridani

Also, this happened when she climbed up another lower wall by hanging on by two hands and then pulling herself up:

acParkour.png

davbar9 likes this.
  24. yung

yung

@eridani

Thanks for reporting those bugs. Third person mode is still kinda clunky and hard to support, we will aim to rectify this in the next few updates.

eridani likes this.
  25. davbar9

davbar9

I am interested in third person mode to put VR cameras in the head and create a VR game for Android and PC

26. yung

yung

@davbar9
    The third person will work but it's a bit clunky with some visual bugs. VR on the other hand should work if you are targeting PC, though I am not sure about android.

Here's a turnaround of the character for you guys to check out :D

27. Coder_lab

Coder_lab

Incredible value for money, thanks once again yung. Looking forward to many more hours with your fantastic toolkit :)

28. yung

yung

thanks for the kind words! If you have found acParkour useful, please do leave us a review on the asset store, as every bit helps!

29. JRRReynolds

JRRReynolds

Hey yung, I've been exploring the new upgrades because I plan on using it in my upcoming game. First of all, I can't stop jumping from building to building since you guys released it haha. I've been tweaking values and seeing what works so I thought I'd share some of the things I've found for next patch.

The two things I've noticed. One, regardless of the collider it's possible to get caught in walls stuck in wall hang position - then even after getting unstuck the character will be in wall hang animation --usually holstering and redrawing your weapon can fix this. I've tried changing skin width on the character controller but any adjustment here messes with the entire system. I'm going to look in both the ufps code and parkour code to see if this can be hardcoded to be different to prevent.

The second issue, if you tweak the ground slide force up to 3/4 of the way and bump up double jump force and momentum fairly high also (like super ninja style), you will notice if you ground slide into a double jump and then spin the camera you will notice you end up seeing the ufps arms disembodied and floating...for a few seconds, almost like its taking a second to reposition correctly. I've only noticed this with double jump so far, which isn't an issue because I'm only using it to get around the map.

Anyway just wanted to say fantastic work. I was on the fence about my current project and was going to backburner it but just having fun with the new update has caused me to redouble my efforts, I'm now almost halfway done!

30. yung

yung

Hey @Zrexa, glad you have been having fun with the update!

Regarding the wallhang animation, I've noticed that as well, I would look into a possible solution and squash this bug by the next update. It's probably the mecanim not reacting fast enough, but should not be a big issue. Regarding getting stuck, do you mean actually being stuck, or just the animation?

About the second issue, that is because UFPS uses the spring system for almost everything, and if you move fast enough, the spring system will not be able to catch up. I have thought of limiting this in terms of the double jump force and groundslide force but I thought I should leave this as it is, so that the developers can tweak it without being limited.

I believe by setting and tweaking the UFPS spring in the camera, this issue should be mitigated, though that would mean you will lose the "spring" system.

31. JRRReynolds

JRRReynolds

Awesome can't wait for the next update! For the getting stuck part, both - the animation gets stuck as shown in the top picture posted above from another user and the character also gets stuck in the mesh/box collider. I assumed it was related to skin width on the character controller but if I try to adjust this it throws the entire ufps system off. I haven't tested it without the parkour add-on so this could just be a ufps issue or just an environment issue, just wanted to let you know in case you can recreate it - it only happens on wall climbable.

32. MrGky93

MrGky93

Hi
    Thanks for the new update.
    Now i have problem to run this on mobile.
    The problem is it dont make double jumps??
    i use the mobile UFPS but this makes only one jump :(
    And your code

1. using UnityEngine;
    2. using System.Collections;

3. public class ac_FPParkourMobile : ac_FPParkour
    4. {

5. protected override bool CanStart_GroundSlide()
    6. {
    7. // if(m_GroundSlideBuildup < MinBuildUp) // run distance too short
    8. // return false;
    9. if(Time.time < m_CanGroundslideAgain) // groundslide is still refreshing
    10. return false;
    11. // if (vp_Input.GetAxisRaw("Vertical") != 1) // Can only groundslide if going forward
    12. // return false;
    13. if (!m_Controller.Grounded) // Not on ground, cannot groundslide
    14. return false;
    15. if(!m_Player.Run.Active) // Can only groundslide from a run
    16. return false;
    17. return true;
    18. }

19. protected override void InputJump()
    20. {
    21. // uses default "Jump" button to check for double jumping.
    22. // feel free to change "Jump" to some other buttons to suit your project
    23. if(vp_Input.GetButtonAny("Jump"))
    24. {
    25. m_Player.LedgeGrab.TryStart();
    26. m_Player.WallJump.TryStart();
    27. m_Player.DoubleJump.TryStart();
    28. }
    29. else// if(vp_Input.GetButtonUp("Jump"))
    30. {
    31. m_Player.WallJump.TryStop();
    32. m_Player.DoubleJump.TryStop();
    33. }
    34. }

35. protected override void InputDash()
    36. {
    37. // uses default "Run" button to check for dashing
    38. if(vp_Input.GetButtonAny("Run"))
    39. m_Player.Dash.TryStart();
    40. else
    41. m_Player.Dash.TryStop();
    42. }

43. protected override void InputGroundSlide()
    44. {
    45. //if (vp_Input.GetButton("Crouch")) // suggested input axis
    46. if (vp_Input.GetButtonAny("Crouch"))
    47. {
    48. m_Player.GroundSlide.TryStart();
    49. m_Player.WallHang.TryStop();
    50. }
    51. else
    52. {
    53. m_Player.GroundSlide.Stop();
    54. }
    55. }
    56. }

dont work ???
    I use this but now he cant jump anymore??
    Can you help me ??

33. yuhacrows

yuhacrows

Hi @yung
    I saw your vr problem(dive).
    http://visionpunk.vanillaforums.com/discussion/992/oculus-rift-move-in-look-direction
    and
    http://visionpunk.vanillaforums.com...to-rotate-with-headtracking-gamepad-mouse-etc
    These should help.
    Change the dive camera's name and dive prefeb name.Make it the same like the oculus prefeb(camera).
    https://docs.google.com/a/visionpun...m3KzMfsPUGBI/pub?embedded=true#h.aykx2fes3yx7
    And I suggest test it in UFPS 1.4.7 first.
    sorry for my poor English.
    I want to develop a VR game as hobby,not for sale.Use UFPS ,dive and acParkou.
    The acParkour is too expensive for me.:(
    Can you offer me a free acParkour 1.0.5 vision?
    yuhacrows@hotmail.com
    Thanks,;)

Last edited: Dec 18, 2014
  34. yung

yung

hi @Rayleigh2116

Unfortunately, acParkour is not yet compatible with mobile, the script provided is meant to show that advanced user should be able to create their own custom mobile controllers and hook it up to acParkour.

hi @yuhacrows, thanks for your interest and the help with VR. Unfortunately I am not able to offer you a free version :(

35. radiantboy

radiantboy

Hi guys, a little video of my ACParkour game so far.. What a great asset!!

Ghosthowl and hopeful like this.
  36. eridani

eridani

Hopefully some constructive criticism... are these the final animations on the third person character, or just placeholders? Not to be overly critical, but the running animation for example looks physiologically incorrect and looks pretty weird in my opinion.

Don't mean to be disrespectful and I hope this is helpful feedback. Here's some sample run animation for comparison (most relevant at the 2 minute mark):

37. yuhacrows

yuhacrows

Hi @yung
    Hi,everyone.
    I fround how to fix the VR problem on ufps.Now share it.
    I can roate the camera use dive now!
    upload_2014-12-22_22-26-35.png disable the WeaponCamera
    upload_2014-12-22_22-27-13.png disable the camera of FPSCamera
    In vp_FPCamera.cs, add this member field at the top:
    GameObject m_CameraLeft =null;
    At the end of the vp_FPCamera.cs "Start" method, add this:
    m_CameraLeft =GameObject.Find("Dive_Camera");
    In the "UpdateMouseLook" method, replace the code after the "// modify pitch and yaw with input" comment with this ...
    // modify pitch and yaw with input
    m_Yaw += m_CameraLeft.transform.localRotation.eulerAngles.y;
    m_Pitch += m_CameraLeft.transform.localRotation.eulerAngles.x;
    and replace the code after the "// clamp angles" comment with this:
    // clamp angles
    m_Yaw = m_Yaw <-360.0f? m_Yaw +360.0f: m_Yaw;
    m_Yaw = m_Yaw >360.0f? m_Yaw -360.0f: m_Yaw;
    m_Yaw =Mathf.Clamp(m_Yaw,RotationYawLimit.x,RotationYawLimit.y);
    m_Pitch = m_Pitch <-360.0f? m_Pitch +360.0f: m_Pitch;
    m_Pitch = m_Pitch >360.0f? m_Pitch -360.0f: m_Pitch;
    if(m_Pitch <90&& m_Pitch >70)
    m_Pitch =70;
    elseif(m_Pitch >90&& m_Pitch <280)
    m_Pitch =280;
    code from Cal.
    Now it works on a real Phone(HTC M7),but in the editor it always roate...
    In ufps 1.4.7 it has no problem.
    But in ufps 1.4.8&1.4.9,has the problem
    When start the game,you will see many guns in your hand.And can't fire,can't pick up gun.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Dec 22, 2014
  38. yuhacrows

yuhacrows

upload_2014-12-22_23-15-6.png
    see the error
    upload_2014-12-23_23-33-41.png

Last edited: Dec 23, 2014
  39. yung

yung

@radiantboy
    Thanks, your game is coming along well!

@eridani
    We've noticed that our animation could be better. While I can't promise it to be on par of a AAA title, we will definitelyaiming at that animation quality, hopefully within the next few updates. Thanks for the critique!

@yuhacrows
    Thanks for sharing the fix! Regarding the second screenshot, I don't understand the error. It doesn't seems to be something related to acParkour directly?

40. yuhacrows

yuhacrows

upload_2014-12-31_2-47-12.png This is how it fix.Just copy the camera,and rename...Rember,set the new camera's position.
    And make a new script with fov change.
    using UnityEngine;
    using System.Collections;
    public class ChangeFov : MonoBehaviour {
    public GameObject cameraset;
    public GameObject target;

// Update is called once per frame
    void Update () {
    float fov = target.camera.fieldOfView;
    cameraset.camera.fieldOfView = fov;
    }
    }

41. JRRReynolds

JRRReynolds

Hey yung, I had a question for you. Where are the camera settings for when you jump and hit a collider above you to prevent the camera from twisting and clipping through the ceiling to the next level. I've tried the txt files in wallclimb, walljump, and ledge grab and no dice. I tried tagging stuff as notwallclimbable etc.. but I'm getting a ton of null reference exceptions as soon as I touch a collider so I just blanked out that code. But to prevent the camera clipping through ceilings I need to adjust the tilt and cannot find it anywhere. Thank you!

42. yung

yung

Hi @Zrexa, the camera twisting is part of UFPS's code, which i believe is hard-coded in vp_FPCamera.
    You can open up vp_FPCamera and in line 1055 you will find this code

Code (CSharp):
    1. protected virtual void OnMessage_HeadImpact ( float impact)
    2. {
    3.   if ((m_RotationSpring != null)) && (Mathf.Abs(m_RotationSpring.State.z) < 30.f))
    4.      {
    6.       // apply impact to camera rotation spring
    7.       m_RotationSpring.AddForce( Vector3.forward * (impact * 20.0f) * Time.timeScale);
    8.      }
    9. }
    All you got to do is just comment this code out or delete it or override it. That should take away the twisting camera thingy.

Regarding the tagging stuff, if you are getting null references, check and see if acParkour is the latest, and make sure that the tag is selected in the LedgeClimb part of ac_FPParkour and that the tag exists. If you have any further issues regarding the issue especially, please feel free to email me, we will get to the bottom of this!

43. JRRReynolds

JRRReynolds

Awesome thanks for the help. I'm using u5 beta so a lot of this stuff gets glitchy. The ledgetag error I just fixed (after getting some sleep), I just put an if () around physics.raycast around line 300. This and your tip above solved about 90% of the issue so thanks!. My only problem now is if I'm running and jump it is still clipping through a small portion of the ceiling so I can see the level above. I'm thinking I may just have to increase the collider size of the floor/ceiling pane, but let me know if you have any tips I haven't thought of. The other thing I was noticing is when I made those adjustments you mentioned above on the camera, if I'm walking or standing it works fine, but as soon as I'm running it clips again. I'm going to play around with it some more and see if I can figure it out, just wanted to share the preliminary updates.

This asset is 100% fun to play with I must say, I hope you guys keep sending updates our way! With the fun I'm having leaping around I almost forgot to add enemies.

44. yung

yung

@Zrexa
    Glad that you are able to resolve this issue. I do not have access to Unity5 beta so I can't verify that ledgetag error but I will look into it using what you have found.

Regarding the clipping issue, unfortunately you will have to increase the collider as you mention for now, though I think you can improve this by further tweaking your vp_FPcamera settings. If this issues occurs again in running, try checking the preset settings for running on your controller and the camera, there are probably some settings in the preset text file that are overriding it.

I am glad you like it so far. If you have not, please do drop a review on the asset store, or recommend it around :D Any little bit help!

in the mean time, Happy new to year everyone !

45. JRRReynolds

JRRReynolds

Already reviewed a while ago! Happy New Year!

yung likes this.
  46. MartinSeptim

MartinSeptim

Hello @yung, please help with this: how change an angle of wall run? I want to make the camera parallel to the wall - the effect is like a magnetic boots.

47. yung

yung

Hi @MartinSeptim, unfortunately, due to the way UFPS is designed, what you wish to accomplish is currently not possible, or rather, not easy to do. You could try to cheat by rotating the whole world around the contact point but it will not be an easy task, unfortunately.

MartinSeptim likes this.
  48. MartinSeptim

MartinSeptim

Thank you for reply! How do you set the angle of the character in wall run?

49. yung

yung

@MartinSeptim

When you say angle, do you mean the allowed wall angle to wallrun or to actually tilt the character? If it's the wall angle, currently it's hard coded (I should look into exposing this), but you can change it in ac_FPParkour, line 1421.

Code (CSharp):
    1.         if(hit.normal.y >  0.2f || hit.normal.y < -0.2f)
    2.         {
    3.             m_WallRunable = false;
    4.             return;
    5.         }
    Try playing with the value to best suit your game. If you meant tilting the camera when wallrunning, just tweak the camera tilt value under Wallrun
    Untitled-2.jpg

50. unitynewb

unitynewb

Would the only reason why this is not compatible with mobile be the controls? If I create my own control system to control this would it work or are their other obstacles for mobile?