Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

[Released] acParkour (UFPS Add-On)

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by yung, Jun 7, 2014.

1. tripknotix

tripknotix

will see any updates before October 2014? like july, august or September ?

2. tripknotix

tripknotix

I'm really hoping for full mobile compatibility in a soon update, i remember you saying it technical all works, but im hoping any future features will also be mobile compatibility, i know slide is not quite there for mobile, but i'd hope a solution could be found.

3. RTSlang

RTSlang

How do I get slide to work on an xbox controller?

4. yung

yung

@tripknotix
    Here's a hackathon to get acParkour working with UFPS mobile. It's not the most cleanest code but most of the features are working, except for dash (which is due to the way vp_FPInputMobile always run in the forward direction). Once we work out some kinks, we will push this release, though knowing UFPS plans to redo mobile, I cannot focus all the attention to mobile support, though I will do what I can.

@RTSlang
    By default it should not be xbox controller ready yet. We will work on this subsequent updates.

5. chelnok

chelnok

I havnt notice any problems, but i'm new with ufps. What kind of situation these problems comes up, or how can i reproduce them? I'm asking, because if i cant use ufps, i really dont want to buy any addons to it :)

6. yung

yung

@chelnok
    What PixelPaw mention is basically UFPS use of two camera systems, one for the actual main camera, and another for the weapon itself. This two camera system causes problems with some of the camera image effects when you apply to either cameras. I believe UFPS has solved this issue, or is looking into this issue, but this is easily rectified by just not using the second weapon camera.

7. chelnok

chelnok

thanks @yung ..so its just when using postfx (unity pro image effects)? Anyway, good to know there is solution.

8. yung

yung

No worries mate, glad to be able to help.

9. yung

yung

acParkour v 1.0.2 is live!

- fixed bug where you can start wallrun backwards
    - disable crouching when wallrunning is active
    - lerps camera rotation during LineupLedge to prevent issues with 180 penetration
    - added utility method to get velocity in local space
    - added raycast hit to get more accurate placement during ledgegrab

10. kilik128

kilik128

ok i got same result on mobile without slide i waiting for more information

11. yung

yung

I've managed to get slide working with some hacks and if you want, I could post what you need to edit to get it working, but as mentioned earlier, it's not particularly efficient, but it gets the jobs done.

12. kilik128

kilik128

for see why not it's can help to understand i just start to take in hand

13. yung

yung

@kilik128 , @tripknotix

Start by creating a new c# script, name it ac_FPParkourMobile, and copy paste the following code below and save it.

Then you will need to replace ac_FPParkour with ac_FPParkourMobile. Then hook up the usual UFPS Mobile Gui and it should work. This shall make dash, groundslide and walljump possible, but dash is a bit hacky. I am still trying to find a better solution for Dashing in Mobile.

Use it with caution though, I've done some testing, but there might something I miss. But I Hope this helps give you a start

Cheers!

Code (CSharp):
    1. using UnityEngine;
    2. using System.Collections;
    4. public class ac_FPParkourMobile : ac_FPParkour
    5. {
    7.     protected override bool CanStart_GroundSlide()
    8.     {
    9. //        if(m_GroundSlideBuildup < MinBuildUp)                // run distance too short
    10. //            return false;
    11.         if(Time.time < m_CanGroundslideAgain)            // groundslide is still refreshing
    12.             return false;
    13. //        if (vp_Input.GetAxisRaw("Vertical") != 1)        // Can only groundslide if going forward
    14. //            return false;
    15.         if (!m_Controller.Grounded)                        // Not on ground, cannot groundslide
    16.             return false;
    17.         if(!m_Player.Run.Active)                        // Can only groundslide from a run
    18.             return false;
    20.         return true;
    21.     }
    23.     protected override void InputJump()
    24.     {
    25.         // uses default "Jump" button to check for double jumping.
    26.         // feel free to change "Jump" to some other buttons to suit your project
    27.         if(vp_Input.GetButtonAny("Jump"))
    28.         {
    29.             m_Player.LedgeGrab.TryStart();
    30.             m_Player.WallJump.TryStart();
    31.             m_Player.DoubleJump.TryStart();
    32.         }
    33.         else// if(vp_Input.GetButtonUp("Jump"))
    34.         {
    35.             m_Player.WallJump.TryStop();
    36.             m_Player.DoubleJump.TryStop();
    37.         }
    38.     }
    40.     protected override void InputDash()
    41.     {
    43.         // uses default "Run" button to check for dashing
    44.         if(vp_Input.GetButtonAny("Run"))
    45.             m_Player.Dash.TryStart();
    46.         else  
    47.             m_Player.Dash.TryStop();
    49.     }
    51.     protected override void InputGroundSlide()
    52.     {
    54.         //if (vp_Input.GetButton("Crouch"))    // suggested input axis
    55.         if (vp_Input.GetButtonAny("Crouch"))
    56.         {
    57.             m_Player.GroundSlide.TryStart();
    58.             m_Player.WallHang.TryStop();
    59.         }
    60.         else
    61.         {
    62.             m_Player.GroundSlide.Stop();
    63.         }
    65.     }
    66. }

14. Stormbreaker

Stormbreaker

Any updates on this? Can't wait to see the full body in action. Would it be possible to add in a forward roll after the player drops from a height?

EDIT: Also, just found a bug. You can still wall run if you hug a wall but don't hold down the sprint key.

Last edited: Jul 14, 2014
  15. dmckee

dmckee

Looks great. Will be checking this out.

16. Zaxs_Reaper

Zaxs_Reaper

@yung Hey man another question when doing ledge grab arms appear a little bit far, like this picture

Attached Files:

17. yung

yung

@Stormbreaker
    We are currently working on the full body awareness, right now on the model itself as we'll need to further test. Progressing slowly but surely :D

Regarding the wallrun, it's not a bug as it was intended to support controller in the future, and it should be easier to start wallrun without have to hold shift while running. You can control this right now by adjusting the minimum speed needed to start a wallrun.

@dmckee
    Cheers mate, glad you like it!

@Zaxs_Reaper
    Are you using the latest acParkour? The latest version should hopefully eliminate this issue, if not I will have to go back to the drawing board, as it seems to be not working as I thought it will. Thanks for reporting this!

18. RTSlang

RTSlang

I was able to get it working with the Xbox 360 controller. Wall run and climb just work without touching a thing. Double jump and slide do not work though. I believe your code needs to recognize the joystick button inputs as alternate acceptable inputs but I cannot find where to change that in AC Parkour. The 360 controller guide on Vision Punk Forums sets you up nicely but you create things like "JumpX" and "CrouchX" for button inputs. I assume your code is just expecting "Jump" and "Crouch" which are only triggered by the keyboard. Where can I change that?

19. yung

yung

@RTSlang

Thanks for reporting this! This is a big find, as I wasn't able to work on the Xbox Controller yet. I will look into integrating this into future builds.

you can change this by looking at InputJump() and InputGroundSlide() respectively. You should see a vp_Input.GetButton, and you can change the "Jump" and "Crouch" to their respective xbox equivalent.

Cheers!

20. RTSlang

RTSlang

Ok I will report back shortly with how it works.

21. RTSlang

RTSlang

Bang. Just add " || vp_Input.GetButtonDown("WhateverX") and it works like a charm. Double jump, groundslide, even feels natural.

So to help you out:

Follow the Xbox360 Controller Setup on VP forums here:

http://visionpunk.vanillaforums.com...controller-setup-using-the-ufps-input-manager

Then open ac_FPParkour.cs and add the lines above so that both Keyboard and Xbox360 Controller both work at the same time.

You're welcome!!!

yung likes this.
  22. yung

yung

@RTSlang
    Much thanks for the instruction for xbox!!

23. yung

yung

Hi ya guys,

Just wanna show you guys the update I've been working for the acParkour Update. Currently sculpting this model, tentatively just called ParkourGirl. Once she's all rigged up and animated, we will then incorporate her into acParkour's next major update. It will be FREE to all existing users of acParkour of course, in case you are wondering.

Once this update is live however, once again I will like to announce that will be raising our price from 10 USD to 25 USD.
    So if you are interested, grab acParkour now, and you can save some bucks!

Thanks for taking a look!

Stormbreaker likes this.
  24. RTSlang

RTSlang

I have run into an issue. When you are holding an item like a box and you wall run or climb the object stays parented to you but the fact that you were grabbing it (giving you the option to drop or throw) is now gone. The only way around it is to move your player to the wall and try to get the cursor back over the parented/floating object. This is particularly problematic because a player can wall run all over my level.

25. yung

yung

@RTSlang
    Unfortunately acParkour is not meant to use with vp_Grab currently, as it causes a lot of issues. Still, if you tweak the wallrunning speed, you should be able to still grab or throw it. This is due to vp_Grab has a slow update. You should be able to fix this by tweaking vp_Grab, in theory.

I will look into supporting this in future build.

Thanks for the support!

26. Zaxs_Reaper

Zaxs_Reaper

@yung hey dude, yeah I already updated it but I don't know if other assets cause this

27. yung

yung

@Zaxs_Reaper
    Would you be able to show a video of what you meant? I suspect I know where's causing this issue, but would need a video to confirm.

28. AlteredPlanets

AlteredPlanets

Hello, is possible for you to add vaulting, moving left to right while ledge grabbing, roll ,monkey bars and ziplines?

Or show me how to do it?

alteredplanetstudio@gmail.com

29. OP3NGL

OP3NGL

hi guys, i bought this awesome plugin, i was wondering how to incorporate this with jump pads? like parkouring then use of jump pads(like unreal tournament)? do i need to create another separate code or modify the ac_FPParkour?

30. yung

yung

@AlteredPlanet
    This feature is already in our backlog :D.
    We are currently working hard on making sure the full body awareness is implemented first, and then from there, we got a full list of features to work on. Currently no ETA for this, but it might have to push till next year. Thanks for understanding.

@OP3NGL
    A jump pad script should be easy to do, and since acParkour is an add-on for UFPS, i suggest that you check out the forum there, tonnes of useful advice.

I found one here, perhaps this could help? Jump pad

31. RTSlang

RTSlang

I'm trying to implement the Dialogue System that works with UFPS. It works fine with the Advanced Player but it requires a Freeze state that doesn't seem to carry over to the acParkour player. How would I go about triggering that state?

Here is a link to integration if you are not already familiar: http://www.pixelcrushers.com/dialogue-system-documentation/

just click "Gameplay Integration" for UFPS

32. yung

yung

@RTSlang
    The freeze state can be easily added back into the ParkourPlayer. You can copy most of the attributes from the AdvancedPlayer prefab to your player prefab easily.

33. yung

yung

Minor Update

- fixed the NullError when CheckWallHang, CheckWallJump and CheckWallRun
    - added a default freeze state to acParkour, which will disable everything when Freeze state is on

34. yung

yung

I apologize for the lack of progress. Been busy finishing the parkourgirl, and here she is, all textured and shade.
    Will rig her up and pass this to the animator while I go back to the backlog of features and fixes for acParkour.

As stated earlier, this will be FREE to all existing users of acParkour . The price will then be adjusted to 25 USD.
    Stay tuned, fellows, thanks for checking it out!

yunspace and chelnok like this.
  35. 99thmonkey

99thmonkey

I really hope you keep both texture colors (black and white).

36. hopeful

hopeful

I don't know if you've seen this other parkour thread (Automatic Acrobatic). I was interested in this project, but it looks like it's been discontinued before making it to the asset store. Basically, it applies sphere casts and such to sense obstacles and figure out how to get the character through them using parkour moves. I think it would be great for NPC AI, like if you wanted to have your acParkour player be chased by other characters capable of parkour moves.

Is anything of this nature in the future of acParkour?

37. yung

yung

@99thmonkey , I assume you are RedHawk from visionpunk forum but , I will repeat what I posted there, basically the latest image will be final version, but if you need be, I will send you a black and white version after this update is live. Hope that helps.

@hopeful
    I've actually checked it out previously, but since it utilized what I assume is Mecanim's root animation system, I wasn't able to make much out of it. I can see that it definitely has it uses for more NPC AI, but as for currently, I am afraid acParkour won't have any such features in the immediate feature. acParkour will first and foremost be more of a first person experience. Perhaps once the backlog of fixes and features are completed, I could look into it in the future.

Thanks for checking acParkour out!

38. RogueGhost87

RogueGhost87

Just wanted to say thanks to @yung for an amazing UFPS addon, finally decided to grab it since seems like major improvements are coming to it and also since it's better to save than regret it but still worth it at $25

39. yunspace

yunspace

Hi @yung big fan of your work. Bought the ac parkour when it first came out and definitely I think it's worth the price increase.

My question is: how will your upcoming full body awareness tie in with the UFPS full body awareness that Cal and his team are also building? Are they completely difference implementations or are you working closely with them?

40. yung

yung

@RogueGhost87
    Thanks for the support. Hope you like using it

@yunspace
    Thanks for your kind words. Regarding the next upcoming major update. I won't say we are working closely but definitely will be based on their implementations. We do keep in touch and consult with UFPS team in best way to implement.

41. Coder_lab

Coder_lab

Just wanted to say how grateful I am for the hard work that is going into this asset. Such an amazing feeling ninja-ing your way around a level! Thank you so much for sharing your talent with the world yung!

42. RoTru

RoTru

Sweet, can't wait!! The UFPS update has been mind blowing, impatiently awaiting the moment I can plug it into AC Parkour

43. RoTru

RoTru

You know I just started playing with this again recently, any idea how I can turn down the "wobbly" jitter the UFPS camera gets while wallrunning? I'm using the default UFPS settings, from the old version. By default even running against a basic cube the camera gets some excessive "wobbly-ness"

44. tripknotix

tripknotix

does that mean this isnt compatible with the newest version of UFPS? i was waiting for them to implement their 3rd person thing so i could add networking, but i wanted to use this system as well. Has anyone tested it? I know the character animations might not line up but what about in 1st person view.

45. yung

yung

@nameis Thanks for the kind words! Please do drop us a review in the asset store if you can, much appreciated!

@RoTru
    Do you have a video of the wobbly effect you encounter with the Camera when wallrunning? It might just be a few settings to tweak but if you faced any additional issues when using acParkour, please do let me know.

@tripknotix
    Unfortunately UFPS 1.4.8 does indeed break acParkour. It's a minor thing to fix, will be pushing an update soon to address this issue. We are currently working on the full body awareness integration and the results are coming along well.

Short update, we will be pushing a minor update for UFPS 1.4.8 soon.

Rest assured, we are working very hard on it, and the good news is the full body awareness is mighty awesome!

46. yung

yung

Submited acParkour 1.0.4

- UFPS 1.4.8 compatibility fix
    - Should now fix any errors when upgrading UFPS.

TAKE NOTE, this update WILL require UFPS 1.4.8

47. RoTru

RoTru

Sadly no video... If i don't figure it out myself maybe 1.4.8 will fix it

thanks for the acParkour update, can't wait to see the full body awareness!

48. Alexarah

Alexarah

Hi there Yung, I need a little help on the error I'm getting when I imported acParkour into my UFPS project. Basically the error is (ac_FPparkourEventHandler does not contain a definition nor a method for AllowGameplayInput. Unity claims the error is on 5 lines which are line 648, 761, 799, 946, and 1478. So Yung any help will be heavily appreciated for I really want to use acParkour because it looks so awesome! Oh by the way I have the latest version of UFPS so do I have to wait until acParkour is updated because I see that you're saying you've submitted it to the Asset Store.

49. yung

yung

@RoTru
    No worries, if you face any further particular issues, just drop me an email for support tommy [@] gamersfrontier.my

@Alexarah
    The fix has been submitted to the asset store which should be live pretty soon, sometimes this week. And yeah if you use the latest UFPS, then you will need this latest update. Sorry for the inconvenience!

Alexarah likes this.
  50. Alexarah

Alexarah

It's all cool bro I just mainly wanted to know why I was getting errors. And by the way I really look forward to being able to use acParkour for those features look and sound incredible! Unity3d needs unique extensions like yours in order for new developers like myself to have a much easier time making a game. Thank you for the quick reply Yung.