Search Unity

[Released] acParkour (UFPS Add-On)

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by yung, Jun 7, 2014.

1. yung

yung

Greetings from GAMERS FRONTIER
    After one year of development, we are proud to present to you

Weeklong SALES!

BUY NOW
    acParkour is additional add-on to UFPS,This add-on will allow you to increase mobility and the freedom of movement in your game, expanding the already robust UFPS kit. Inspired from games like EA Mirror’s Edge, we aim to provide an excellent first person parkour platform for Unity. acParkour is currently used in our upcoming free-running shooter ASCEND.

With this add-on you can
    • Wall Running
    • Wall Jumping
    • Wall Hanging
    • Double Jump (Triple, Quadruple)
    • Dash
    • Air Dash
    • Ground Slide
    • Ledge Climbing
    • Full Body Awareness ( v 1.0.5)
    Try out the web DemoVR
    Try out the web DemoROOF

BUY NOW

For more information please visit GAMERS FRONTIER

P.S.
    Big shout out to Calle and the VisionPunk team. Without their support, this couldn't have been made!

Last edited: May 28, 2015
    Gozdek likes this.
  2. BrandSpankingNew

BrandSpankingNew

Congratulations! Sure hope for great success for your effort!

yung likes this.
  3. ZhavShaw

ZhavShaw

Bought instantly :p works great

4. ticTek

ticTek

Nice work!!! Yung~ feels greate jumping around the roof levels! could have a nicer level for us to play with! :)

5. 99thmonkey

99thmonkey

Is full body included like the DemoROOF webplayer indicates?

6. yung

yung

Full body is not included, and currently not supported. It will be updated in the future to have full support, but not in the initial version. I apologize for the confusion, will address that immediately.

7. Upstage

Upstage

Will there be a way to unwield the weapon when grabbing a ledge in an update?

8. yung

yung

Hi UpStage, the current does indeed unwields the current weapon during ledge grab. It will also wield it back upon stopping ledge grab.

9. Upstage

Upstage

How would I go about doing this? Because currently the unwield and wielding is not working for me and I followed the manual closely so I'm not sure if I am missing something.

10. yung

yung

That is weird indeed. Could you be able to show me a printscreen of the inspector for the player prefab? Are you using the new UFPS with the new inventory system?

11. Upstage

Upstage

Inspector Snapshot.png Inspector Snapshot.png
    I am using the new inventory system with UFPS. One thing that I did notice with the Parkour Player Prefab that came as an example is that non of the weapons work, the parkour works but the weapons don't wield, so I tried to make a custom one following the manual and they still don't wield. Here is a screen shot of the Inspector Player Prefab:

12. PixelPaw

PixelPaw

So its an add-on to UFPS that removes the whole weapon system ?

what manual did i miss something ?

13. yung

yung

@Upstage
    That is weird indeed. Could you perhaps try creating a new unity project, and import the latest UFPS from scratch, and then import acParkour, then try it again. I have been trying to replicate your problem with no success.

If all else fails, please do feel free to send us your unity project files for us to take a look. Just remember to send in your invoice as well.

@PixelPaw
    It's an add-on to UFPS but it doesn't remove the weapon system. In fact the only thing it messes with heavily is the vp_FPController and the event system.

There's a readme file that comes with acParkour :D

14. netravelr

netravelr

That looks great! I'd love to see how it would look with hands added to the screen or holding one of the default UFPS weapons, is that available in the demo?

15. yung

yung

16. PixelPaw

PixelPaw

I followed the readme file , after completing it i can't pickup anything and cant wield weapons what did i miss in the readme file ? :O

17. yung

yung

@PixelPaw && @Upstage

By any chance is your parkourPlayer missing the vp_FPInventory script?

One thing you can try is use UFPS' advancedPlayer prefab, add in the ac_FPParkour and acFPParkourEventHandler, then remove the vp_FPPlayerEventHandler That has work out for so far for me in my test.

18. PixelPaw

PixelPaw

That works thx !

I see that you guys started ascend using FPS kit 2.0 , i don't really like UFPS , problems with lens flares and rendering distances or to add in stuff like fire animations ...

Would it be alot of work to integrate with fps kit 2.0 since you guys went that route(any tips) ?

Thx.

19. yung

yung

Unfortunately, acParkour's code is highly dependent on UFPS' event system so, it won't be easy to do it. Possible, but might not be worth the effort, as fps kit 2.0 sacrificed a lot of features for ease of setting things up, most using very direct method.

We only used FPS kit at first to study how to make a FPS multiplayer (I am a noob coder), but slowly we will ditch it off completely. Still it was an invaluable tool to learn how it's done.

20. PixelPaw

PixelPaw

I see , well i guess it would require full body integration first , i don't see someone synchronising everything in 3rd person with 1st person in fps kit 2.0 like wallrun , dash etc ...

Only thing im trying to figure out is why the Ignore Tag won't work , i see it in the script but i still can climb/jump/hang on something with the tag Ignore Tag...

and thx for the quick support ! and for the cake ! :p

21. PixelPaw

PixelPaw

Nvm i'm dumb i didn't even see in properties settings of the Parkour script you guys thought about it ! (was putting ignore tags on stuff */facepalm :S )

22. yung

yung

Yes full body integration will come first, we have some test and the result is pretty good, though there's some issue we need to tackle first before it will work seamlessly.

Synchronizing first person and third person animation however will be quite impossible, but we aim to get close enough.

Glad you found the cake as well! Seems like you are the first one to find it! :D

23. TheCreativeRoach

TheCreativeRoach

Hi there! After playing the demo for 10 minutes I had to buy it... can't wait to see the full body awareness in action! =)

I found a small problem with the camera that happens while hanging on a wall and looking around (I'll try my best to explain how to reproduce it, my english ain't very good)

- In the "Jump and climb up the ledge" part of the VRTraining level, Jump forward to the wall, but before the player grabs it, quicly aim to your left (the "bug" only happens if you aim to the left).
    - The player will grab the wall and the camera will mantain its rotation, now if you try to look your right, it will abruptly reset its rotation to the one you had when you grabbed the wall.

Anyways, it's a VERY nice addon for ufps, thank you for your work!

24. yung

yung

Thanks for buying acParkour and supporting us! Really appreciate it, and glad you like it.

That bug is a known issue, problem was I did not know how to replicate it. I will look into squashing this annoying bug in the next few releases. Thanks for reporting, especially on how to do it.

Cheers!

25. yung

yung

Submitted minor update to Asset Store

acParkour 1.0.1
    • ac_FPParkour
      • - added Infinite Wallrun option
    • Cake
      • - Changed texture format from targa to png
    • VRTraining
      • - remove lightmap to reduce filesize.

Will be working on fixing the bugs that you guys reported. Thanks for the support!

26. TheCreativeRoach

TheCreativeRoach

After a bit of more testing, I found two small issues:

- If you press the crouch button while Wall Running, the FPController (as expected) won't to go into "Crouch" state, however; the "camera tilt" of the Wall Run state will stop, and the Character Controller's "height" and "Y center" will change as if the player were crouching.

- I expect this to be solved when you solve the wall hang bug, but here it goes: If you turn 180º just before the player grabs an edge, the player will end up at the opposite side of the wall he grabbed (if you do this in the VRTraining level you end up falling into the void.).
    [This one is hard to pull off, I tried replicating it, but I only succeded 3 out of 50~ tries... it seems that you have to turn 180º just at the right time. I don't expect players to be trying this hard to find bugs, but one never knows...].

Again, sorry for my english... and keep up the good work, this asset is already awesome! We'll surely end up using it in our game =D.

27. yung

yung

@ShadowrunnerEmin

Thanks for reporting the bug. That is indeed weird, I will look into squashing the walrunning bug. And I am impressed and terrified that you are able to recreate the wallhang bug. I thought I crushed that bug! Hahahah

Appreciate the support! Please, do share with us the progress of your game, would love to see it in action!

Cheers!

28. ZhavShaw

ZhavShaw

There a few amount of bugs as expected like:
    - Wall Running Backwards
    - Unwielding sometimes doesn't work and both the hands and weapon shows (Seems random)

But how would I go about to do something like this?
    While wall running, if you are looking up or down your player gradually goes in the direction

29. yung

yung

Thanks for reporting the bugs. The wallrunning backwards is especially disorientating! Good find!

I will look into the unwielding bug as well.

I do not understand about the second thing. Are you trying to wallrun upwards / downwards perhaps?

30. ZhavShaw

ZhavShaw

Indeed but run
    - Upwards when the player is aiming upwards
    - Run downwards when he player is aiming downwards

-If its too much to just forget it :pPPP

31. yung

yung

Ahh yes it is possible. The very first initial version has this , but I took it off as I had to mod the base UFPS script (which I did not want to) and it can get glitchy sometimes :)

It is not hard at all, but do keep in mind that you will need to edit the base script of UFPS, so take care when updating UFPS.

First you need to turn on MotorFreeFly when wallrunning, you can do that by editing the acParkourWallRun.txt.
    Open it up and you should see something like this, and you will need to turn MotorFreeFly to True

Code (CSharp):
    1. ComponentType vp_FPController
    2. MotorAcceleration 0.8
    3. MotorDamping 0.3
    4. MotorAirSpeed 1
    5. MotorSlopeSpeedUp 1
    6. MotorSlopeSpeedDown 1
    7. MotorFreeFly TRUE
    Now you can try running up and down, but it will be very glitchy and there's almost infinite speed gain when looking up or down when wallrunning. To get this to work properly, you need to locate vp_FPController and open it in MonoDevelop. Look for this line of code

Code (CSharp):
    1.     protected virtual void UpdateThrottleFree()
    2.     {
    4.         // convert input to forces in the motor
    5.         m_MotorThrottle += m_MoveVector.y * (Transform.TransformDirection(
    6.             Transform.InverseTransformDirection(Player.Forward.Get()) *
    7.             (MotorAcceleration * 0.1f)));
    8.         m_MotorThrottle += m_MoveVector.x * (Transform.TransformDirection(
    9.             Vector3.right *
    10.             (MotorAcceleration * 0.1f)));
    12.         // dampen motor force
    13.         m_MotorThrottle.x /= (1.0f + (MotorDamping * Time.timeScale));
    14.         m_MotorThrottle.z /= (1.0f + (MotorDamping * Time.timeScale));
    16.     }

You will need to add this additional line of code at the bottom,

Code (CSharp):
    1.     protected virtual void UpdateThrottleFree()
    2.     {
    4.         // convert input to forces in the motor
    5.         m_MotorThrottle += m_MoveVector.y * (Transform.TransformDirection(
    6.             Transform.InverseTransformDirection(Player.Forward.Get()) *
    7.             (MotorAcceleration * 0.1f)));
    8.         m_MotorThrottle += m_MoveVector.x * (Transform.TransformDirection(
    9.             Vector3.right *
    10.             (MotorAcceleration * 0.1f)));
    12.         // dampen motor force
    13.         m_MotorThrottle.x /= (1.0f + (MotorDamping * Time.timeScale));
    14.         m_MotorThrottle.z /= (1.0f + (MotorDamping * Time.timeScale));
    16.         // add this extra line of code
    17.        m_MotorThrottle.y /= (1.0f + (MotorDamping * Time.timeScale));
    19.     }

Once you save and run it, you should be able to wallrun upwards or downwards.

32. yung

yung

acParkour 1.0.1 is live on the asset store.
    • ac_FPParkour
      • - added Infinite Wallrun option
    • Cake
      • - Changed texture format from targa to png
    • VRTraining
      • - remove lightmap to reduce filesize.

Currently managed to squashed most of the bugs involving wallrun.
    Still getting a little bit of jitter with ledge climb, but it should be fixed soon enough.

33. tripknotix

tripknotix

Does this work with the official uFPS mobile addon?

34. yung

yung

@tripknotix

Not out of the box I am afraid as it was developed for our game first. But from initial quick test, it worked with minimal fuss, except for groundslide, though that one is due to lack of an intuitive way to run forward and crouch at the same time.

I will test it out more with mobile, but official support won't be anytime soon.
    Thanks for taking a look!

35. yung

yung

Managed to fix the issue with weird camera bug when ledge grabbing.

@ShadowrunnerEmin, could you provide a video capture of the bugs you mentioned during ledge grabbing? I wasn't able to replicate the 180 degrees bug.

Will be pushing this release next, after further test.

36. TheCreativeRoach

TheCreativeRoach

I found a easier way to replicate the bug... it still can be done running and jumping to the edge; but it's easier as I show on the video. I didn't know where to upload it, so... I hope there's no problem with "mega".

https://mega.co.nz/#!msIQ0BQb!tTEz_KWRgHXo6QdAD4L5h6gZn37DQ1gqHMBw7csI2JA

- Jump to grab the edge, just before grabbing it rotate the cam 180º.
    - The player collider has passed the wall, so if you let go the edge, you can either walk back to the room (and after that everything will work fine) or move to the other side of the wall (in this case, fall to the void)

Last edited: Jun 19, 2014
  37. I am da bawss

I am da bawss

This looks good. Bookmarked for future purchase ;)

38. yung

yung

What, how, did that even? Hahaha dangit you are pretty good at it! No worries, I believe my latest iteration should have fixed that (though losing control a little in the process).

@I am da bawss
    Thanks mate! Glad you like it!

39. snowcult

snowcult

Consider making a similar plugin for RFPS?

40. yung

yung

@ShinfoK
    Unfortunately, due to this being a UFPS add-on, most of the codes are heavily dependent on UFPS. I will take a look at RFPS and see how compatible it is but the effort will be first and foremost fixing the bugs, and then implementing the full body awareness.

Thanks for taking a look!

snowcult likes this.
  41. snowcult

snowcult

Totally understand, looks like a great add on, so of course being a RFPS user I would love to see something similar for that ;)

42. SedDeLibertad

SedDeLibertad

I just bought this asset, and love it. I look forward to the following updates.
    Also, I've downloaded the Ascend Parkour Test and looks great, the player model it's awesome.

43. ZhavShaw

ZhavShaw

Idk if it is just me, but infinite wall running isn't working

44. yung

yung

@ShinfoK
    Thanks mate!

@SedDeLibertad
    Thanks for the kind words!

@ForceGaming2013

Infinite wallrun merely handles the duration portion of the wallrun. For best result, you will need to set the Gravity to 0 when wallrunning, and also the Up Force to 0. Hope that helps!

45. ZhavShaw

ZhavShaw

I did that, but the player still seems to jump off the wall after a certain time.

46. yung

yung

Would you be able to send me a video of that issue? Or perhaps a web build?

I tested on my end and so far I am still clinging to the wall for almost a minute.

Cheers!

47. yung

yung

Managed to squashed the ledge climb bug, though I had to resort to a little bit of lerp magic. Once I further test it out,
    will push it for release, it should most of the issues with ledge climb

SedDeLibertad likes this.
  48. yung

yung

submitted acParkour v 1.0.2 to the asset store.

- fixed bug where you can start wallrun backwards

- disable crouching when wallrunning is active

- lerps camera rotation during LineupLedge to prevent issues with 180 penetration

- added utility method to get velocity in local space

- added raycast hit to get more accurate placement during ledgegrab

Should go live in a few days or so.

49. yung

yung

Hi guys,

Just wanna update you guys what we are working on next. Most of the bugs are now being squashed and we are working on the full body awareness. One of the things we plan to include for this update (when it's done and ready), Here's what our artist has come up with, for now simply just call ParkourGirl :D. It will be a free upgrade to all existing users of acParkour, and will feature animation as well full integration for full body awareness.

We will be announcing as well our price package from current price of 10 USD, to 25 USD, once this update is live, currently set to target by OCT 2014 (ETA). So if you grab acParkour now, you will be getting this model for free :D

Thanks for taking a look! As always, comments are very much welcome. Tell us what sort of animation you would like to see.

TheCreativeRoach likes this.
  50. Stormbreaker

Stormbreaker

This looks awesome, I'm gonna have to buy this just to enjoy the parkour :D Animation wise, I can think of the following list. Hopefully you can make it easy to add the animations to different player models too.

Walking, running, crouching, jumping, vaulting, climbing over an object, sliding, forward roll after a high fall, wallrunning, prone, death, balancing on thin platform, walking on a thin ledge with back against a wall. If I think of any more I'll add them to the list ;)