Search Unity

ReflectionTypeLoadException: The classes in the module cannot be loaded.

Discussion in 'Editor & General Support' started by ksam2, Jan 22, 2015.

1. ksam2

ksam2

Hi guys, I can't build my project. I get below error how can I solve that?

ReflectionTypeLoadException: The classes in the module cannot be loaded.
    System.Reflection.Assembly.GetTypes () (at /Users/builduser/buildslave/mono-runtime-and-classlibs/build/mcs/class/corlib/System.Reflection/Assembly.cs:371)

UnityEditor.Events.InterceptedEventsPreview.GetEventsInfo (UnityEngine.GameObject gameObject) (at C:/buildslave/unity/build/Extensions/guisystem/UnityEditor.UI/UI/InterceptedEventsPreview.cs:162)
    UnityEditor.Events.InterceptedEventsPreview.Initialize (UnityEngine.Object[] targets) (at C:/buildslave/unity/build/Extensions/guisystem/UnityEditor.UI/UI/InterceptedEventsPreview.cs:61)
    UnityEditor.InspectorWindow.GetPreviewsForType (UnityEditor.Editor editor) (at C:/buildslave/unity/build/Editor/Mono/Inspector/InspectorWindow.cs:287)

2. ksam2

ksam2

3. ksam2

ksam2

No one have similar problem?

4. Dustin-Horne

Dustin-Horne

Have never seen this particular error scenario. what platform are you targeting?

5. sanjodev

sanjodev

I ran into this same error when refactoring my project to break up the scripts I have to be compiled in separate DLLs. Are you using any external DLLs in your project? In my case, I had to go to the solution/projects I created for the separate DLLs, and make sure the References like to UnityEngine.dll or any other dependencies were valid and found, rebuilt the DLLs, and then copied them to my assets folder.

Another problem was my Target framework .NET framework 3.5 or .NET framework 4.0 was inconsistent across the external DLLs, so I made sure they all used the same one.

I would probably start deleting DLLs from your project until the errors stop so that you know the culprit DLL. Just make sure you delete the DLLs in the right order so that the dependency DLLs it relies on are all there before you call it the bad DLL.

6. kristoof

kristoof

are you on windows 10? i get same error on w10TP when targeting windows store apps

Internal compiler error. See the console log for more information. output was:
    Unhandled Exception: System.Reflection.ReflectionTypeLoadException: The classes in the module cannot be loaded.

at (wrapper managed-to-native) System.Reflection.Assembly:GetTypes (bool)

at System.Reflection.Assembly.GetTypes () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at Mono.CSharp.RootNamespace.ComputeNamespaces (System.Reflection.Assembly assembly, System.Type extensionType) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at Mono.CSharp.RootNamespace.ComputeNamespace (Mono.CSharp.CompilerContext ctx, System.Type extensionType) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at Mono.CSharp.GlobalRootNamespace.ComputeNamespaces (Mono.CSharp.CompilerContext ctx) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at Mono.CSharp.Driver.LoadReferences () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at Mono.CSharp.Driver.Compile () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at Mono.CSharp.Driver.Main (System.String[] args) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

7. sanjodev

sanjodev

I'm on Windows 8.1. That looks like DLL issue. The dependent DLLs are old or missing.

8. kristoof

kristoof

yes, i googled it :D the dlls needs to be in plugins folder (Plugins/Metro/mydll.dll) or something like that, i sloved it with not to use dlls

9. xCyborg

xCyborg

I had the same issue, deleted uSequencer plugin and voila: Solved!
    Could be a plugin or a dll issue.