Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

Realistic FPS Prefab [RELEASED]

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by Deleted User, Apr 5, 2013.

1. Takahama

Takahama

lets start from zero. Hi @MoHoe you're planning making a game with using RFPSP ?

Defcon44 likes this.
  2. OussamaB

OussamaB

Hello,

Just wanted to let you know that S-Inventory asset (Including an Inventory, crafting, equipment, skill bar, vendor and containers system) is now compatible with Realistic FPS Prefab.
    Visit this page to see how you can make them work together.

yummybrainz likes this.
  3. SuperNewbee

SuperNewbee

@SoumiDelRio Thanks for making compatibility for RFPS prefab.

I was going to try to setup basic S- Inventory with RFPS tonight. I saw you have an update planned for mid December. Do you know if it will break the current version of S-Inventory or will it upgrade the current version. Just wondering if I should wait a few weeks, or just do it now. (I really wanting to do it now)

as a side note: Have you been in contact with Azuline Studios anytime in the last month? Just wondering if he is still around.

4. BuildABurgerBurg

BuildABurgerBurg

Hi Takahama, I'm not using RFPS for my current project. I prefer to make it from scratch.

And you are you using it for a project? is yes then how far are you into it?

5. Takahama

Takahama

im just added few more weapons (ACW-R fits perfectly to Mp5 animations lol) and working on making maps, then i make some cinematics and done :p (Menu and level switch on collision scripts ready)
    Code (JavaScript):
    1. var levelToLoad : String;
    2. function OnTriggerEnter(hit : Collider)
    3. {
    4.     Application.LoadLevel(levelToLoad);
    5. }

6. SuperNewbee

SuperNewbee

@MoHoe Lolz at new Avatar

7. OussamaB

OussamaB

The update won't break the current version of S-Inventory but it will bring a lot of code refactoring in order to reduce memory and CPU usage and of course, the uGUI support.

As for Azuline Studio, I haven't been in contact with them lately. Sorry.

8. BuildABurgerBurg

BuildABurgerBurg

:p

9. yummybrainz

yummybrainz

Awesome man!

10. TonyLi

TonyLi

Please keep in mind that this uses the Dialogue System as a go-between. On the plus side, the Dialogue System also gives you a save system, quest system, and barks and conversations. You can download the integration scripts separately here. They won't compile as-is without the Dialogue System, but you can use them as a starting point.

(p.s. - I haven't heard from Azuline either.)

11. Reiner

Reiner

12. Defcon44

Defcon44

Hey ! What's up !

So, i have download you'r skin, but i don't see what you want :s sorry

The skin is good, where is the probleme ? :s

13. GreenZone

GreenZone

This is awesome asset :)
    But I want Score points when i kill the NPC.

14. jonkuze

jonkuze

I'd imagine someone may have already asked this, but since i'm not going go through 26 pages of threads i'll ask again if so...

Has anyone successfully added Photon Cloud Support to this Realistic FPS Prefab Asset? If not, does the developer plan to add support for Photon or other Networking in the Future? Would be Awesome!

15. Takahama

Takahama

its in to do list

jonkuze likes this.
  16. Eyehawk

Eyehawk

That's pretty easy to do, but it's a good idea to have a look at the Unity Tutorials first. You can basically copy the GUI Label and turn it into a score label, and then have a game object that has a variable that keeps track of the score which is triggered when a particular enemy dies.

17. Team_Tino

Team_Tino

Hello everyone I'm new here! I love this product it is truly amazing. The only issue i am facing is that the zombie npc i made will not do the animations. it walks and "shoots" but the enemy just keeps doing the idle animation. the issue may lie in the fact that the animations were retargeted from mocap data from the asset store, because i keep getting the message that there is no animation data in this model, so it wont let me assign the animation data. and it also says on the bottom "Unable to open Assets/Raw Mocap Data/Animations/Idle/idle.fbx: Check external application preferences" idle is not the only one that says that, all of them do. any help would be greatly appreciated. thanks and sorry

18. milox777

milox777

Hey!
    Does anybody know why changing capsule collider radius to lower (for example 0.3) causes player to stop moving?
    It's really import for me to change it.

Btw it's quite good asset, but hard to customize and not coded well.

19. milox777

milox777

It seems that Azuline Studios abandoned support on this asset. They aren't responding :/

20. Defcon44

Defcon44

He don't abandonet the support.

On this last post he write " IRL problems ".

21. RealAspireGames

RealAspireGames

Does anybody know what happened to the developer of this asset and when the next update is going to be released?

22. SuperNewbee

SuperNewbee

The developer has stopped responding to email and pm a quite while ago. (even pre-purchase questions which is pretty sad)

It would be nice if he showed up on this forum and announced what his intentions are for this asset so that those of us who are still using RFPS are not stuck in limbo. Many new buyers are still purchasing this asset not realizing that currently there is no longer any support from dev. I am sure his inbox is full of unread messages.

UFPS now has everything that was promised to Realistic FPS users many many months ago. While UFPS may be way overpriced for what it is, it looks like a better choice right now. If you do buy RFPS then be prepared to code all the extra things that you need by yourself.

The fact that there are so many unanswered questions on this forum is a good indicator of the support this asset receives.

23. Defcon44

Defcon44

Azuline don't stop the support, we are all probleme IRL.
    We don't have news but maybe he come back after party end of years ;)

We don't know but i am optimistic.

And about UFPS, this a good asset but i don't like it and the price !

This is a big and good asset i know but for this price ? No sorry !

And especially I more find him to complicate that RFPS, has several players prefab there and it is rather badly made to add of piece of news weapons / enemies

Later it is only a personal opinion.

So i keep RPFS :)

24. SuperNewbee

SuperNewbee

Good news for RFPS users. The built in AI that comes with RFPS package is pretty hard to modify. I struggled for quite a while trying to get the NPCs act more "smart".

I noticed that Behavoir Designer (https://www.assetstore.unity3d.com/en/#!/content/15277) had recently added integration with Realistic FPS prefab. It looked like it would be hard to setup but I thought I would try it out anyways.

After downloading the RFPS integration pack and sample pack (2 separate downloads) and doing around 1 minute of following instructions and reading zero documentation I was able to play the RFPS demo sandbox scene with updated AI. The Behavoir Designer dev had created a much more violent and better AI that can easily be modified using simple behavior trees.

So if you are tired of waiting for the long promised AI update from Azuline you can get up and running pretty easily with the new RFPS prefab integration with Behavior Designer.

BehavoirDesigner.jpg

WARNING: New AI is much more violent. He will kill you so grab a weapon fast.

GreenZone, TonyLi and eridani like this.
  25. eridani

eridani

Awesome @SuperNewbee! That's really great news. Thanks for the heads up.

26. eridani

eridani

Forgot to ask, were you able to get the RFPS zombies working as well? Thanks!

27. SuperNewbee

SuperNewbee

I did not try zombies. I looks like it uses the exact same script as the soldier NPC so I think it will work using the same Behavior tree. I will try the zombies later on tonight.

eridani likes this.
  28. Gua

Gua

I have a year of experience of using UFPS and a published game made with UFPS . Just after a day of playing with RFPS, a can easily say that RFPS, is way more easy to use, has a lot more features and generally better in every way. I've stripped UFPS from my current project and integrated RFPS despite the fact that the future of RFPS in unknown. Cause in a current state it is that much better than UFPS. I'm also thinking about stripping UFPS from my published project and replacing it with UFPS.

p.s. Despite the fact that UFPS support is answering people, bugs that I've reported 6 moths ago, are still not fixed.

Last edited: Dec 19, 2014
  29. SuperNewbee

SuperNewbee

Zombies work fine using the same out of the box behavior tree.

eridani likes this.
  30. eridani

eridani

Wow, is even the newest UFPS version buggy? UFPS is looking pretty polished to me right now.

I admit I really do like the more overall "rustic" feel of RFPS. To me UFPS seems perfect for "modern" shooters though.

Both seem great, but I haven't published anything with either one, so your feedback is really valuable.

31. Eyehawk

Eyehawk

Yeah +1 on the Behavior Tree asset - we're using that too.

32. Eyehawk

Eyehawk

Hmm, I've been pondering a move to UFPS esp. with all the new features that came out recently. So having come the other way, do you think UFPS is too bugged out currently?

The thing that sort of put me of originally was the odd module system they used. I wasn't able to make enough useful changes whereas everything in RFPS is just a code change away.

33. GreenZone

GreenZone

I need help !

Attached Files:

• a.png
      a.png
      File size:
      115.8 KB
      Views:
  34. Deleted User

Deleted User

Hey guys, very sorry about the lack of support lately. As mentioned in the post from Oct, some personal things have taken attention away from development in recent months. This does not mean that development has stopped, but it has slowed. Once these issues are resolved, I hope to give more attention to development again. I know I've referred to Azuline Studios as "we" in previous posts, but this was more to give credit to those who have contributed to the asset. This might be a bit misleading though, since most of the work for RFPS is being done by one person.

As far as the current state of the asset, there have been some major additions that are still in the testing phase, such as an AI manager which allows NPC faction recognition, and wave spawning. NPC pathfinding has also been implemented using Unity's Navmesh. Recently, we've also added a player model that is visible in first person view (lower torso and legs). This is a precursor to a full thirdperson mode which will be added in a future version. Right now, some testing is being done for optimization and compatibility with features like Mecanim and Unity 5.

If you absolutely need features that were discussed previously and are not present in the current version of the Realistic FPS Prefab, UFPS might be a good solution for you. The goal of RFPS is to bring an FPS framework to Unity in the style of vintage ID Software and Unreal titles, with basic, but familiar FPS mechanics. Ever since experimenting with Q3 and Half-Life level editing, and later modifying source code, my dream was to find a relatively open-source FPS engine with relaxed licensing, multi-platform support, and streamlined workflow, which is all offered by Unity. I'm not about to give up on that dream, but sometimes life intervenes and forces one to work out their priorities.

It feels pretty bad to not be able to give the support I was providing in the first 1.5 years of RFPS being live on the Asset Store, but providing high quality, individual support, takes time and effort that hasn't been available recently. The enthusiasm of the users here on the forum and our customers is greatly appreciated and I plan to get working on RFPS more soon. Thanks to all of you for your patience and understanding.

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 23, 2014
    milox777, Marcurios, Eyehawk and 6 others like this.
  35. Defcon44

Defcon44

Hi Azuline !

I understands :)
    You make a big good jobs here !

Occupy you personal concerns and return we in great shape =)

Merry christmas!

36. opsive

opsive

Make sure you have first imported the RFPS integration tasks. After you reload the scene those tasks should load correctly.

I don't want to hijack this thread with Behavior Designer questions so it would be great if you could post future questions on the opsive forum - I'll see those posts a lot quicker as well :)

GreenZone likes this.
  37. eridani

eridani

Hey @Azuline Studios I hope everything works out for you. Thanks for posting an update and have a great holidays :)

38. Gua

Gua

I did not test latest version of UFPS extensively, but I've seen couple of new bugs and tested one old bug. I did not tested extensively, cause a the same day when I've installed latest UFPS version in my current project and was frustrated with a setup procedure, I've decided to test RFPS and my mind was blown.

I also have UFPS mobile plugin and this thing was buggy as hell, haven't touched it for over half year. Example of UFPS Mobile plugin bug.

But don't get impression that the main reason a dislike UFPS is bugs. UFPS itself is a lot more stable than mobile plugin. The problem is that they are usually don't fix bugs, if they are not critical. But for your specific game they may be critical. To not bee too abstract. Out of the top of my had, for my published project, I remember two bugs, that I've reported, but they are not being fixed. One is related to melee system. When you can't use your melee weapon, for some time after you drawn it. Other problem is more crucial, cause in UFPS you can easily loose object that you can pickup and carry. In one level of my game loosing this object will block progress.

To be honest, I'm not quite understand what features you want to use in UFPS, that are not available in RFPS.

3d body and grenades?

Well here's what RFPS can offer, that UFPS can't.
    - Stamina system
    - Gamepad support
    - Health regeneration
    - Water/Underwater system
    - AI (UFPS has separate plugin, but I didn't used it)
    - Wall decals for different materials
    - Leaning

Things that work better in RFPS:
    - Melee system
    - Controls Setup
    - Footstep system

Things that works better in UFPS:
    - Ladder system

At the moment, the only serious advantage of UFPS is availability of mobile plugin (if they finally fixed it). Don't forget, that I'm using RFPS only for couple of days, so I'm probably did not found all advantage/disadvantages of RFPS.

p.s. One basic feature that is missing from RFPS is a script for buttons and switches. I had to hack together RFPS Pickup script and UFPS vp_swith script to solve that problem. And we really should have ability to climb down from the ladder.

Last edited: Dec 23, 2014
    Eyehawk likes this.
  39. Jack62Lewis

Jack62Lewis

Hey guys,
    I've been using both RFPS and a car driving kit recently and have begun the process of transitioning between the two in game.
    For it to work I can't unactivate the RFPS player game object in the scene since all the pickup items would give me errors having no target game object.
    I just need a way to make sure all the inputs required to move the RFPS character, ie. WASD and firing etc. don't take any effect whilst I'm in driving mode.
    Any ideas on how to do this?

40. Eyehawk

Eyehawk

Thanks for the comparison Gua. Hmm, actually RFPS has more useful pros than cons. I like on paper that UFPS has better out of the box Oculus support and the 3rd person view. The button presses are pretty easy to alter though - I just modified their pickup script a little bit.

41. Eyehawk

Eyehawk

Perhaps set a condition on the pickup scripts to run only if the player target is there? (e.g. if (target!=null)

42. Eyehawk

Eyehawk

Thanks Azuline - we appreciate the effort that you've put into RFPS. That's understandable that things outside of work can put a brake on things - best of luck, and looking forward to the new features! I'm pretty excited about the precursor to the 3rd person mode - that will help a lot with our Oculus integration.

Defcon44 likes this.
  43. TonyLi

TonyLi

When you switch to driving mode, you could disable one or more of these components:
    • FPSPlayer (RFPS input)
    • HorizontalBob & VerticalBob
    • FPSRigidBodyWalker (movement motor)
    • Footsteps (sounds)
    • SmoothMouseLook
    and then re-enable them when you switch back to FPS mode. This way you can keep the GameObject itself active.

gunsroses likes this.
  44. Gua

Gua

That almost exactly what I did, but I'm not a coder, I use playmaker to write logic, so this task was a bit out of my league.

45. Jack62Lewis

Jack62Lewis

Cheers for the replies, I'll test those as soon as I can.
    Another question, I want to call the DropWeapon function that is called when I press "G" normally. But I can't find it in any of the RFPS scripts. Any ideas?

46. TonyLi

TonyLi

It's on line 286 of PlayerWeapons.cs. Try something like:
    Code (csharp):
    1. FindObjectOfType<PlayerWeapons>().DropWeapon(weaponNum);

47. Jack62Lewis

Jack62Lewis

Awesome, works perfect! :)

48. RealAspireGames

RealAspireGames

Hello,
    I just purchased this asset and I am having a little bit of trouble setting it up with RFPS, Is the the dialog system asset for unity required to get both these assets to work?

49. OussamaB

OussamaB

I don't think so. Some users were able to integrate S-Inventory and RFPS successfully without the dialogue asset. You might want to contact TonlyLi about this or post in S-Inventory thread.

50. TonyLi

TonyLi

Yes, the Dialogue System is required for it to work straight out of the box. The integration scripts use the Dialogue System to do things like enable and disable the right components at the right time and to share data between S-Inventory and RFPS. As part of the paid Dialogue System product, it'll enable me to continue providing support and updating it as S-Inventory implements new features such as being able to use items directly in the inventory window.

You can download the integration package for free right here. It includes source code and example scenes. It doesn't include any S-Inventory, Realistic FPS Prefab, or Dialogue System files, so it won't compile as-is unless you have those packages installed. But the source code might be helpful to look at anyway if you're trying to get S-Inventory and Realistic FPS Prefab to work together without the Dialogue System.