Search Unity

Realistic FPS Prefab [RELEASED]

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by Deleted User, Apr 5, 2013.

1. thenamesace

thenamesace

Hey All can anyone help i want to be able to play a longer death sound when you get killed but it gets cut off due to the level load/fade script i think i was thinking i need to add a wait for seconds in somewhere but not sure where to add it? as in which script

2. Eyehawk

Eyehawk

Hey there, you can take a look at the LevelLoadFade.cs script. I think it's the fadeout method where there is the Application.Loadlevel command. You could split it out into a coroutine and delay it.

3. Marcurios

Marcurios

@Defcon44,

this is not really the place to be asking questions that don't concern Realistic FPS Prefab.

chelnok likes this.
  4. Defcon44

Defcon44

And ?

If i have a question a ask the question here because i know you reply me queckly :)

5. Takahama

Takahama

@Defcon44 you set your normalmap as normalmap filter ?

6. Marcurios

Marcurios

typical french behaviour..

7. Defcon44

Defcon44

Euh ... after i have apply my normal map, unity say me to fix now my texture to Normal map so i have clic on FIX NOW.

This is that what do you talk ? :s

What? There is a problem?

I'm here because I need help with my normal map ok?

So if you have a problem with my "behavior" which I think have not been rude to you and if that's the case I apologize, you can send me a private message!

thank you

8. subzer0

subzer0

Hello,

I am having a weird problem in my Realistic FPS Project.

Whenever I click on Play button, All gameobjects are changing their position.
    Before clicking Play button:

After clicking Play button:

I searched on Unity Answers but nothing helped.

What can be the cause?

Last edited: Aug 14, 2014
  9. SuperNewbee

SuperNewbee

This may have something to do with the WorldRecenter.cs script that is located on the !!!FPS Player object. You could try disabling the script or increasing the threshold. (If you terrain is to big over 1000 meters) then you may get floating point errors (objects will vibrate a little bit when you walk to far from 0,0,0).

I managed to get a large world by using a terrain tiling setup.

10. clawd31

clawd31

Hi, I have a problem with water. When I go under water, there is no fog so that it is enabled and I see the trees under the water (see picture).
    Does someone can tell me how to solve these problems, please?

Attached Files:

11. Deleted User

Deleted User

Hi Ratboy601, good to hear our asset has helped you! Concerning the included Nighttime Simple Water shader, it is from a Unity tutorial. We used this shader because it is compatible with the free version of Unity, but there are much better water shaders that are supported by Unity Pro image FX. The only modification we made to the shader was adding alpha transparency. We'll see if we can smooth out the wave speed transition like you mentioned, but please feel free to post the water shader on Unity Answers if you need to.

Sorry to hear you're still encountering this issue godofwarfare115, the lines that the errors are pointing to are definitely related to the same part of the code we suggested changing in an earlier post. The errors probably happen because the pickup scripts aren't locating the player prefab that is attempting to activate/use them. We thought changing the FPSPlayer.cs script to send a reference to its game object might solve the issue. We will look into what still might be causing this error, thanks for your patience.

Hi niraj, like Ratboy601 mentioned, to play left and right melee swinging animations, you will probably need to edit WeaponBehavior.cs which handles weapon animations and firing. The FireOneShot() function in particular contains most of the code for playing the swinging animations, so that would be a good place to start. Hope that helps!

Hi Defcon44, KingofMk98 is right that the current weapon code uses raycasts for firing. In a future update we are going to add support for moving projectile objects with their own velocities. If you have any questions about implementing this feature on your own in the meantime, please let us know.

Hi Eyehawk, glad that our basic Oculus Rift tutorial helped you. For the weapons moving with the mouse instead of the headset orientation, you might want to experiment with making the FPS Weapons, or FPS Camera object a child of the OVRCameraController object, which might make it inherit the rotation of the headset. You might also want to check that the mouse look script attached to the FPS Camera object is deactivated as well. There still might be some Camera.main calls in GunSway.cs which calculates the gun angles, instead of using just the defined cameraObj reference which was set to the OVRCameraController object. Changing the parenting of the objects might be a work-around for this, but you also can try doing a search for the Camera.main calls and changing them to read the angles of the OVRCameraController. Sorry that we don't have a more complete guide on how to resolve this issue yet, but please let us know if you have any other questions.

Hi shaunmckay12, Eyehawk has the right idea about the LevelLoadFade.cs script. The easiest way to increase the length of the fade out before restarting the level would be to change line 862 of FPSPlayer.cs from this:

Code (CSharp):
    1. llf.GetComponent<LevelLoadFade>().FadeAndLoadLevel(Color.black, 2.0f, false);
    to this:

Code (CSharp):
    1. llf.GetComponent<LevelLoadFade>().FadeAndLoadLevel(Color.black, 4.0f, false);
    ...where 4.0f can be increased as needed to make the fade out slower and allow your sound effect to play.

Hi subzer0, like SuperNewbee mentioned, this is likely due to the WorldRecenter.cs script which moves all the game objects in the scene toward the origin to prevent floating point precision loss. This script can be deactivated, but you should probably look into ways to deal with floating point precision issues if you want to use larger scenes. This is a common game design consideration and there are lots of papers and articles available that might give you some ideas. Hope that helps.

Hi clawd31, does the water act normally with the splashing sound effects, swimming movements, and particle effects, but just without the underwater fog? Could you please check that the Underwater Fog Enabled button of the WaterZone.cs script component, attached to the WaterTrigger object, is checked? Also, does changing the Underwater Fog Mode var of the Water Zone component have any effect? Thank you for your patience.

As for news on the next update, progress is going well. Faction AI has been implemented with 3 faction types so far: Soldiers(#1) = friendly to player & attacks factions 2 & 3, Aliens(#2) = hostile to player and attacks factions 1 & 3, and Zombies(#3) = hostile to player and attacks factions 1 & 2. A non aggressive civilian faction will also be added. We're planning on implementing friendly NPC following behavior and a wave spawning manager as well. Improvements to note about the new AI: NPCs can hear unsilenced player attacks and will investigate the sound. They also try to avoid friendly fire. Here is a web player demo with the 3 interacting factions:

chelnok likes this.
  12. Defcon44

Defcon44

Ok thanck you Azu !

Really nice update !!!

13. clawd31

clawd31

Hi Azuline, i've tried witt and without the water fog but it still the same, i can still see trees under water.
    I've tried to change the Fog Mode var to "Exponential" but i can't see the fog under water and i can still see trees.
    I use the UnityPro Water (FX/Water4).

14. furiouslol

furiouslol

Hi Azuline! I'm loving this Asset (and just checked the recent demo, liking the idea of factions).

Just a quick question that I thought you might be able to help me with. I've add a layer called "Terrain" (Needed to do so for Pathfinding), but when I play my scene my character won't move at all for some reason.

I've tried a couple of Pathfinding assets, as well as disabled them completely just to ensure it was not anything to do with them. Seems as if it's the terrain level that effecting it.

Don't suppose you have any idea why? I'm stumped.

15. Defcon44

Defcon44

Hello all !

I have a problem with animation and model, i have buy the Soldiers Animation Collection and the animation work only with the animation controller, but the IA script work with animation component, and if the animation don't are into the animation controller she don't work on my model :(

How i fix that ?

Thanck you

16. furiouslol

furiouslol

Hello again Azuline, I have another quick question for you :)

I was using CharacterDamage.cs on Tree prefabs to allow the cutting down of them. I decided I wanted to make this functionality a seperate script, so assumed I could just copy the CharacterDamage.cs, rename it (and its class name) to TreeDamage.cs.

I added a new layer on layer 21 called TerrainTree, and in WeaponBehavior.cs added the following

Code (CSharp):
    1. case 21://hit object is a terrain tree
    2.             Debug.Log ("Hit a tree");
    3.             if(hit.collider.gameObject.GetComponent<TreeDamage>()){
    4.                 hit.collider.gameObject.GetComponent<TreeDamage>().ApplyDamage(damage, direction, mainCamTransform.position);
    5.             }  
    6.                 break;
    Within the appropriate switch().

Then I changed the trees layer to to 21, with a tag as wood. As you can see I added a Debug.Log to make sure its being hit, and..well..it's not.

Is there anything else that has to be changed to get this to work? I can switch back to CharacterDamage and it works fine, this duplication just doesnt seem to.

As another test, Id change the layer to 9 (the apple layer), with another Debug.log, and sure enough I get results of it being hit.

Not quite sure what else there is to change :)

Thanks!

17. Eyehawk

Eyehawk

Hi @Azuline Studios, previously parenting FPS Weapons seemed to work, but it makes the camera spin around crazily. I had a look through PlayerWeapons.cs, but the only references to Camera.main set it's position to that of camera.main which I commented out. Is there anything else that could be altering the rotation from another script?

18. PhosphorUnity

PhosphorUnity

>> A non aggressive civilian faction will also be added. <<

That is awesome! Can you make a:

- non aggressive civilian faction that will run when you attack it? (Unarmed Civilian)
    - non aggressive civilian faction that will attack you after you attack it? (Police)

19. Takahama

Takahama

@Azuline Studios its possible to make NPCs can fire fully automatic ?
    And please add reload animations for them ^^

20. Salazar-Aguilar

Salazar-Aguilar

Hello Azuline Studios
    Is possible to instead of laying down in the ground and fade the camera when you die, replace the player with something like another player prefab of a player with a dead animation, and then delete that player prefab and respawn in the same scene (without restart the scene)?

Thanks for your help

21. llJIMBOBll

llJIMBOBll

Hi, i'm trying to make the hunger and thirst timer count down instead of adding, How do i go about doing this?

e.g i want it to start from 1500 and when its gets to 0 starting damaging player

thanx

22. TryHarder

TryHarder

Hi,

Quick question,

Before I manually edit the scripts am I missing something ?, I don't want to use shells on one of my weapons, I can see there is an option for not using barrel smoke but there's no option to not eject a shell and if I remove there mesh I get an error so I'm thinking there is no option to turn off shell ejection ??

Thank you.

23. KingofMk98

KingofMk98

Make your shells an empty gameobject so when you shoot you see nothing ejecting.

24. furiouslol

furiouslol

Would turning off the mesh renderer work?

25. Salazar-Aguilar

Salazar-Aguilar

Or use a empy gameobject and a mute audio file

26. lullaharsh

lullaharsh

please add a tutorial on how to add a custom enemy

27. TryHarder

TryHarder

Hi thanks for the replies :) I'll modify the scripts to add the flag noshells then its nice and neat. I was just checking before i did that I wasn't missing something or someone hasn't already done the mod.

Thank you.

28. furiouslol

furiouslol

Hi sirs,

I just noticed this when swinging

The knife displaces (if that's the word I'm looking for) and I'm not sure if that's supposed to be like that...

If it is, it's not exactly "smooth", and is there any way to adjust that or is it a unity thing?

If it's not..any idea what is causing it?

As you can see I have a few image effect scripts running on my main camera, I disabled these, and even created a brand-spanking new project with only RFPS running, still the same thing.

As I mentioned, I only just noticed this now, so I don't know if it has always been this way.

Edit: Worked out it was due to the clipping planes being too near.

Thanks!

Last edited: Sep 2, 2014
  29. TryHarder

TryHarder

I'm loving RFPS and I've modified a little bit for my game, and just converted it to work with my HUD which is made using Unity 4.6's new UI system :)

30. Takahama

Takahama

Looks awesome! Please share a demo link with us :p

31. Johnson.game

Johnson.game

sorry to disturb you guys.

NEED HELP GUYS AND DEVELOPER OF
    Azuline Studios

How to add ''cheats'' realistic fps prefab character the cheats is extra life or immortal. and how do i find F1 because i create save game

thank you in advance :)

32. Jack62Lewis

Jack62Lewis

Hi,
    I just got this prefab and unlike an earlier version I used to have, the image effect "Screen Space Ambient Occlusion" that is only available for unity pro doesn't seem to work.
    In the old version of this prefab I could apply various image effects to the main camera and they'd work. (Although these effects would be ignored when rendering the objects in the weapons camera)
    But in the new version they only seem to work when applied to the weapons camera and the above mentioned effect only seems to have an effect on weapon models.
    Any fix to this?

*edit*

Actually all image effects work on first person view weapons, when placed on the weapons camera. but no image effects seem to effects the rest of my scene when placed on the main camera.

Last edited: Sep 2, 2014
  33. Defcon44

Defcon44

Hi all and Azuline (if alive^^)

My question :

I can use animation controller for new ennemies ?

Because i have buy a rifleman model and soldier collection animation and i use animation with animator component because single animation don't work on the model.

Thanck you

34. furiouslol

furiouslol

Hi (again!) Azuline,

Quick question about something I noticed. When a scene is started, I've come to realise the parent object "!!!FPS Player Main" gets removed and all child objects are left on their own, is there a reason for this?

I'm asking because I'm making a transporter script between scenes with DontDestroyOnLoad on the parent (originally, before noticing it gets removed)

Therefore all child objects get destroyed, as they didn't have the script attached. Any way to keep the parent object?

Edit: After Debugging every Destroy() in my project and coming across WorldRecenter.cs, I came to realise, I just needed to uncheck "Remove prefab root". Heh!

Last edited: Sep 7, 2014
  35. KingofMk98

KingofMk98

Its because of the main cameras depth.

36. FractalCore

FractalCore

I just got this and I can't get any controls to work. It just has errors saying "Input Button Left is not setup".

So I added "Left" and the error went away (got error about Button Right instead), but there's still nothing working.

I see it's using a script for controlling inputs in some way, but nothing works. What have I missed?

37. Deleted User

Deleted User

Hey guys, really sorry for the delay in support for the past couple of weeks, been dealing with some personal things and haven't had a lot of time. Work is underway on the next update and have been finalizing the NPC wave spawning manager which allows you to customize the number of NPCs, NPC types, and other parameters per wave from the inspector. Some testing will need to be done to allow changing certain AI variables in-game, such as the NPC faction. Then the script comments and documentation will be updated, along with some tutorial videos.

Thanks for explaining what water shader you're using clawd31, have you tried un-checking the Flip Water Plane box of the WaterZone.cs component attached to the WaterTrigger object of the water prefab? When checked, this box allows the player to see the surface of the water from underneath it, but maybe there is an issue with doing this for the particular shader you are using?

Hi furiouslol, good to hear you're enjoying the project! When you added the terrain layer, is this layer assigned to the terrain that the player will be walking on? By default, the FPSRigidBodyWalker.cs script expects the player to be walking on layer 10 (world collision) or layer 0 (default). You might want to try adding your terrain layer in the inspector to the Clip Mask of the FPSRigidBodyWalker.cs component attached to the FPS Player object so this script will detect collisions with the new terrain layer. Hope that helps.

Hi Defcon44, do you have a UAS link to the model package that you want to use with the project? This might help us to determine if the models require Mecanim or the Animator Component only or if they could also be used with the legacy Animation Component. We are planning to update the scripts to better support newer animation methods by default. You might be able to change the animation calls in the AI.cs script to play animations for the newer Animator component if you're familiar enough with the script. Thanks for your patience.

That all looks good furiouslol, great work. Did you also add layer 21 to the Bullet Mask list of the WeaponBehavior.cs components attached to the individual weapon objects? This layer mask tells the ray cast in the weapon script which object layers to check when detecting weapon impacts.

Hi Eyehawk, does making the FPS Weapons object a child of the CameraRight object, and not just the OVRCameraController produce better results? Maybe you could try deactivating all of the default cameras (main camera and weapon camera) and setting the CameraRight and CameraLeft culling masks to Everything so the weapon camera won't be needed. The right camera's layer should also be set to layer 8, the gun layer. The tutorial we wrote was specifically for making the weapon rotate separately from head rotation, but we will need to do some more testing to write a guide for making the weapons rotate with the headset movements. This testing might be hindered by the fact that we don't have a headset to work with yet. Please let us know if you have any more questions about this.

Those are great ideas stickleZ, and we'll look into implementing them for the next update.

The NPC firing behavior is controlled by the NPCAttack.cs script, Takahama, and there is already some code there for reloading weapons, though it is not currently being used. The firing animations are handled by the AI.cs script. We'll look into this either for the next update or one soon after. Thanks for your feedback.

Hi Salazar Aguilar, this is a good idea and it will be easier to implement when we start doing testing for making the player prefab more compatible with real-time instantiation and multi-instanced environments for features like checkpoints, saving/loading/scene serialization, and networked projects. For now, you can try changing the Die() function in the FPSPlayer.cs script so the scene does not restart (in the DoFadeOut() function in LevelLoadFade.cs), restores the player's hitPoints var, and moves the player prefab to the respawn location. Sorry we don't have a more complete guide on how to do this, but please let us know if you have any more questions.

The code that calculates player thirst and hunger is located in FPSPlayer.cs, llJIMBOBll. The functions UpdateHunger() and UpdateThirst() control the thirstPoints and hungerPoints vars which are displayed on the screen. This code:

Code (CSharp):
    1.         //Apply hungerAmt
    2.         if(hungerPoints + hungerAmt > maxHungerPoints){
    3.             hungerPoints = maxHungerPoints;
    4.         }else{
    5.             hungerPoints += hungerAmt;
    6.         }
    ...would need to be changed to allow thirstPoints/hungerPoints to decrease instead of increase, as well at the code a few lines below it which changes the color of the text on screen. Hope that helps.

Hi TryHarder, you could also do this by adding a condition check around line 951 of WeaponBehavior .cs:

Code (CSharp):
    1.                         if(shellPrefabRB && shellPrefabMesh){//add this line
    2.                             StartCoroutine("SpawnShell");
    3.                         }//add this line
    ...which will prevent a null reference error when you select "none" for the Shell Prefab RB and Shell Prefab Mesh fields in the WeaponBehavior.cs components of the weapon objects in the inspector. This change prevents a weapon from ejecting shells by simply not selecting shell object prefabs. We will add this change for the next version as well. Thanks for pointing this out.

The next update will add a lot of NPC features, so we're planning to do this once it is complete so we can make a video for adding NPCs and customizing their behavior. Thanks for your patience, lullaharsh.

Nice work, TryHarder and great job on the UI! Definitely will be following your progress on this!

Cheats/god mode could be added by bypassing the ApplyDamage() function in FPSPlayer.cs by adding a godMode variable check to this code around line 759:

Code (CSharp):
    1.         if (hitPoints < 1.0f || godMode){//Don't apply damage if player is dead or immortal
    2.             return;
    3.         }
    We've added this change for the next version as well. Thanks for the suggestion, Johnson.game.

Hi Jack62Lewis, this probably is due to using two cameras to render the scene and weapons separately. KingofMk98 makes a good point about the main camera depth, since SSAO is more of a 3D depth effect and not just a 2D surface shader. Does the image effect work if it is applied to both the main and weapon cameras?

Hi FractalCore, the errors you describe indicate that the InputManager.asset file was not imported into your project's Project Settings folder. Here is a link to an archive that includes the correct InputManager.asset file that you can copy into the Project Settings folder after backing up the existing file. You also might want to try importing the Realistic FPS Prefab package into a new, blank project to see if the project settings are imported successfully, if not, you might want to re-download the package from the Asset Store. Please let us know if you have any more questions.

38. FractalCore

FractalCore

Awesome, that fixed it.

I did import it into a new empty project. Loaded the !!FPS Prefab Sandbox scene and clicked play. So I guess it must be a bad package like you say.

Does it mention that it adds new inputs like this in the manual, because I searched through all 19 mentions of the word input and found nothing. Just that there was an input script. You might like to include a little note in there encouraging people to check and make sure it adds 47 new inputs.

I realise it should add it everytime anyway, but it would just help new people like me get up to speed faster.

Thanks again.

39. Defcon44

Defcon44

Hi Azuline :)

This is the link UAS :

https://www.assetstore.unity3d.com/en/#!/content/10673

I have open the AI.cs script but i don't see were i can change this :s

Thanck you

40. Jack62Lewis

Jack62Lewis

Thanks for the replies guys. I've got it working so all the effects on the main camera work but don't carry down into the weapons camera. The effects would work if i placed them on the weapons camera but on both cameras that doubles the effect of each effect and the performance cost.

I actually have a more important question to ask though. Unlike a previous version of the FPS prefab, I'm no longer able to go over small steps (like small 90 degree steps if you know what I mean) when I walk nor am I able to move up slopes (that aren't very steep). I messed about with variables in the character walker script but can't seem to fix this. I noticed that it is possible to go up steps in the example scene (I'm able to get up the shed step easily).

Secondly, when I crouch/go prone (press "c"), I almost always get stuck in the floor and can't seem to move.

41. Eyehawk

Eyehawk

Hey Guys,
    I've just started a kickstarter with RFPS at the core of the game. Please check it out! ;)

http://kck.st/1AvvYDM

yummybrainz and chelnok like this.
  42. Defcon44

Defcon44

Hey :p

I go check that :D

I have a question about you'r game :)

How you change the " color " of healt text etc ...

or add a GUI on the text ? because i want to change then but i don't know how :(

Thank you

43. Eyehawk

Eyehawk

@Defcon - I use Daikon forge for the UI, and just pass through the parameters that RFPS uses and change the font/colour on the text.

Defcon44 likes this.
  44. Defcon44

Defcon44

Ok thanck you Eyehawk ;)

45. wheelbarrow

wheelbarrow

Hi guys, I found what I think is a bug. I have a cube marked as a water volume, and the water is shallow, so that when the player walks through the water you get the splashing footsteps sound, and it works fine, however, if I crouch while in the water, even though the player never goes under water (it's too shallow), I can't stand up again until I leave the water volume cube. Any suggestions?
    Cheers.

46. marcus_aggrippa

marcus_aggrippa

I am currently using realistic FPS in a game that involves several scenes/levels. can anyone point me to a way of implementing a load/save function for the player?

47. RealAspireGames

RealAspireGames

So do you have an E.T.A when grenades and other explosives are going to be in the asset! Doing a great job so far i love it :D

48. x_african_warrior_x

x_african_warrior_x

Hi guys, anyone figured how you could implement throwing a grenade without making animation in other software.

49. tapticc

tapticc

Hi there, I've figured most of the system out, like using NGUI and applying blast damage etc, the only thing I am unsure on is if it is currently possible to use the mines as an item you can drop. If the mine is already in the scene, everything is peachy but I want my player to be able to place one (or drop one like you would drop other weapons).

Would you try turn the mine prefab into a weapon or am I missing something more obvious?

thanks

Craig

50. Defcon44

Defcon44

Hello guy's !

What's up ? :)

I have a little question about HUD.

Do you know how i can a GUISkin for : Ammo - Healt - Help text ?

Because i want to add this GUI

In my game
    But I do not know how to run the script with this :(

Can you help me ?

Thanck you