Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

Re-Posting of my first Unity game, Poopy Birds.

Discussion in 'Made With Unity' started by KaiProton, Apr 20, 2015.

1. KaiProton

KaiProton

I posted it in the WIP forum, but only as a download..

Thanks to UnityRocks I have an online version for everyone to check out.

the Reason this game happened, is due to browsing graphics on a free graphics sight, and trying to learn
    C# for unity.

The Game is Simple, user the Arrows and Space bar to shoot seagulls as they fly over and 'poop' on you.

Bonus Points for catching falling birds after they have been shot down.

Screen shots and Game on the link!
    Poopy Birds

GarBenjamin likes this.
  2. GarBenjamin

GarBenjamin

That is a great little game.

KaiProton likes this.
  3. theANMATOR2b

theANMATOR2b

Congrats on release. I found the best way to play was to stay still and spam shoot. Probably taking the fun out of the game but how the mechanics of the boat are setup - it was actually more fun than moving the boat back and forth.
    If your looking to improve this I'd say improve the fun of moving the boat by slowing it down, maybe make the boat bob and roll to increase the likelihood of errant splatterings. Maybe making the bird wastlings larger would increase the "danger". :)
    Sound effects when the boater gets a white wash would add a little funny as well.

There are several other very small points of improvement that I'm sure your aware of. But overall - functional and simple.

Nice work.

KaiProton and GarBenjamin like this.
  4. KaiProton

KaiProton

Thanks for those comments,
    I have noted there are a few gfx glitches, from where the frames were split on the assets, so some odd lines appear in places, so the items in the anims would have to be at least 1pxl apart to fix that, and I didnt consider the FREE ASPECT to open up the screen size on the web player, so the sea actually has an end, at each end, lol

and I actually just forgot to add a splat sound when the farmer gets hit..

and this sounds a bit cheesy, but in about 10 years of messing about writing stuff like this in other programs and posting them on the web this is the first time where ppl havent just bombarded me with the negatives..

thanks guys. I knew Unity was the right engine..

GarBenjamin and theANMATOR2b like this.