Search Unity

Rally - [Android][iOS][WP8]

Discussion in 'Made With Unity' started by dariuszpietrala, Sep 8, 2014.

1. dariuszpietrala

dariuszpietrala

This is my new game. It's available for free for Android and as soon as possible for iOS, and then WP8. 7 cars (13 more to come), 8 rally tracks, 10 training tracks. Every car can be upgraded. There are 2 cameras: behind camera and hood camera. Probably a multiplayer mode, but not sure if this weekend. Let me know what you think and I'll post the store links when it's available.

Google Play Link:
    https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.ppd.rally

icon_mockup.jpg

fb_cover_1.jpg

1.jpg
    5.jpg
    6.jpg

Last edited: Oct 5, 2014
  2. Tony-West

Tony-West

Looks fun. Looking forward to being able to try this.

3. imaginaryhuman

imaginaryhuman

Not sure I like the tilting, a bit nauseating?

4. dariuszpietrala

dariuszpietrala

Thanks Tony. I'll let you know ;)

Sorry about that. The view is tilting only when you have tilt controls turned on. Should have thought about that while recording :oops:

5. SpookyCat

SpookyCat

Looking forward to having a play, looks fun and solid to drive.

6. dariuszpietrala

dariuszpietrala

7. Tony-West

Tony-West

Nice game. Good sense of fun. I look forward to playing a lot more. A couple of suggestions. I would make the tilt steer the default as its better than the left/right arrows. Also I think the early stages are way too long. I would make the first few stages 30secs to a minute max so people make progress quicker. Over 4 mins for the opening stage is much too long. Also maybe some kind of progress meter so people know how close they are to the end would be nice.

Anyway great job. I love rally games and this one is right up there with my favourites already.

8. MikeUpchat

MikeUpchat

Cracking game, any tips to a fellow Unity user trying to get his first racing game done, such as physics setup and also how did you produce your tracks.

9. dariuszpietrala

dariuszpietrala

Thanks again Tony ;) I decided to make the buttons default because the tilt can be really tricky for a new player. And about that too long stages. I thought about that when I started making it. The 1 minute ones felt to short, that's why I made them much longer and added Training tracks that are about 1 minute each. I will try to add the progress bar, most of the WRC games had it and I will add it, maybe to the next update.

Thanks Mike! The physics is a bit tricky, but some of the Unity car scripts were used and changed a bit. But only few. The tracks were made in Blender, very easy process using bezier curves. Trees and stuff added with MeshBrush from the Asset Store. Saved me a lot of hours. I'll try to make a YouTube tutorial soon, I'll let you know.

10. dariuszpietrala

dariuszpietrala

The android Google Play Multiplayer is now available. Check it out ;) If you can't find an automatch invite your friends ;) Let me know if everything is working fine.

11. AdamAndersson

AdamAndersson

First of all, it feels like a quality game and it seems like you have put a lot of work in to polishing it! Great job!

Pros:
    - Really dig the graphics (nice and simple)
    - Nice menus
    - Overall feel

Cons:
    - Not a fan of the til steer, but maybe that is just my personal opinion
    - As said by previous people, the first tracks should be shorter.
    - Maybe add background music in the game play.

12. dariuszpietrala

dariuszpietrala

Really bigThanks Adam ;)
    About the cons:
    - Did you try the standard steering or the steering wheel? How did they feel?
    - Wow, I've heard this so many times after the release. When I was making the game I thought that those 1 min tracks will be to short and people would go like "I don't like this game because the tracks are to short" ;). I'll probably have to shorten them a little bit.
    - The music is still in production ;)

13. AdamAndersson

AdamAndersson

I tried both and I actually like the standard steering better than the steering wheel. However, I'm not used to playing games with tilt steering and the only racing game I've ever been decent at is Mario Kart 64 ;)

14. dariuszpietrala

dariuszpietrala

Tilt is a bit hard on mobile devices because it's really difficult to change the direction fast enough. You either end up with your phone crashed on a wall or basically not seeing anything due to the screen movement ;)

15. dariuszpietrala

dariuszpietrala

Big update:
    - Australia - 4 tracks
    - Kenya - 4 tracks
    - camera changes
    - steering changes

Anyone tried the multiplayer? No chance for an automatch yet :( but you can play with your team mates ;)
    I also had to deal with splitting the apk, but the plugin works perfect! It took me like few minutes :)

A little sneak peek ;)

1.jpg

Last edited: Oct 5, 2014