Search Unity

[Android] Raindrop (Free)

Discussion in 'Made With Unity' started by Bluewell, Sep 20, 2014.

1. Bluewell

Bluewell

UnityForumFeaturedImage.png

Hi Everybody!​

I've completed my first game: Raindrop. It is available on Google Play for Android.​

The game is about a raindrop that continuously falls through leaves and tries to survive to the ground by not hitting them. The Raindrop tries to collect as much bubbles as it can to make a high score and it makes use of powers like lightning, ice, clock to electrocute leaves, get pass through them or slow-down the time. It is designed to be a challenging/hard game.

It is also integrated with Google Play Services with achievements and a leaderboard.

Raindrop on Google Play

Raindrop Website

I'll be glad to hear any feedback.

Thank you!​

2. SiegfriedCroes

SiegfriedCroes

When I saw your previous thread in the Work in Progress forum I thought I'd give this game a try to give you some feedback... But when I went to the Google Play I found out it's a paid app... Personally I think that's not a good idea, let me explain:

I read this is your first (Android) game, because of that nobody actually knows if the games you make are any good! Of course people might give your game a try if it was free but it's not... so they'll just pass and download a different free game. If you'd make this game free (and maybe include ads if you really want to earn something with it) people would definitely try your game, and if they like it they'll give it a good rating, they might tell their friends about it and they will try it too! If they really like your game they will remember your name and check back on you if you make new ones and after you proved to them your games are real quality you can try making a paid game and you might have a chance getting some sales cause then people know what your games are like and if they are worth paying for :)

That's just my opinion of course ;) I'm also working on my first Android game and I'm definitely going to make it a free game just because I want EVERYONE to be able to play it :)

Best of luck to you!

3. Bluewell

Bluewell

Dear DSSiege11,

Thank you for your interest in Raindrop.

There is a confusion about this situation. I'm sorry it is still a paid application, but it is intended not to be. Its only purpose was to confirm that my other Google Wallet account is up and running.

The game is published yesterday and just after 15 minutes, it is marked as a free application. However, it stayed as a paid application all day long. Google stated that it will took several hours for changes to take place, as it took longer then it is supposed to be.

I totally agree with you about making the very first game of mine free. Raindrop was a learning exprience for me and I do want to have feedbacks about it, just to improve myself. I intentionally didn't put any ads or pay-to-win type of monetizing as they are not suitable for gameplay.

I'm again so sorry for it. I'll inform you as soon as it becomes free.

Best Regards.

4. Bluewell

Bluewell

Hi to Everyone,

At the moment, I confirmed that the application is free.

My apologies for the confusion.

Thank you!

5. SiegfriedCroes

SiegfriedCroes

Good to see it's free now :) Gave it a try and it works fine, reached level 5 in my first try ;) Didn't play it again cause it's not really my type of game (that's a personal thing, it doesn't mean your game is bad) but I'm sure other people who are into arcade games and beating high scores will sure like it!