Search Unity

RagNimator!

Discussion in 'Works In Progress - Archive' started by AthosK, Sep 4, 2014.

1. frekiidoochmanz

frekiidoochmanz

can people use this product with 2D skeletons (or full 3D ones built into unity constrained to 2D axis?)
    just wondering, sorry for the thread resurrect but i cant find a place to post questions

2. AthosK

AthosK

It doesn't support 2D colliders so probably not going to support 2D skeletons as well. It uses mecanim as it's base and it needs a rig to work also, so it's a safe bet to assume it won't work with any rigs created and animated inside Unity.

The ragdolls shouldn't have a problem with constrains on any axis since it's the standard Unity ragdolls.

If you have any other questions prefer to contact us at support@dwcrew.com because I rarely get forum notifications anymore.

Cheers

3. Gekigengar

Gekigengar

Sounds like a more interesting version of Superhot!
    What happened to the game? I am genuinely interested.

Anyways, I am here to ask for Ragnimator.

Is there a stress test? I am interested to how much ragdolls it can support without dropping the performance at a spec. How much more does this take in comparison to the usual ragdoll?

And hey, if I detach a part of my character's limbs from the main gameobject at runtime, can this still work? (They have rayman physics, and can throw around their body parts)

Last edited: Apr 29, 2016
  4. AthosK

AthosK

I just saw this, I don't get notifications for some reason so sorry for the delay

There's no stress test per say but you should think of it about the same as having regular ragdolls and animators. Since it needs both to work (unless you don't care about animating the ragdoll) then performance should be considered for both.

From a few tests we did we didn't saw any impact on 20-30 ragdolls at the same time and on our own game there's instances where there might be this many on screen at once. Keep in mind though, at high numbers you need to take into account stuff like LODs/Textures res/Animators and a lot of other stuff.

As for detaching, it depends what you mean. If you detach a bone from the ragdoll that has no animation on it, it will work like any regular ragdoll but if that bone has an animation, it depends on the settings you have on the mask.

If you have any follow up questions, make sure to send an email here support@dwcrew.com to ensure a fast reply. Mention our conversation too for context if needed.

Cheers

Gekigengar likes this.
  5. caste

caste

Where i can bye this asset? It's removed from asset store .

khos likes this.
  6. khos

khos

Yes please from me too, where to get it?