Search Unity

RageTools: Flash-like 2D Vectors and GUI for Unity

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by MaDDoX, Oct 4, 2011.

1. AVOlight

AVOlight

anyone know how to refresh the mesh without calling RageSplines refreshmesh methods, calling it and its variations are too heavy on cpu usage

2. wbl1

wbl1

We are using RageTools in some of our apps and eagerly await the WebGL benefits of Unity 5.

Will we need to make any changes within any code using RageTools when Unity 5 is released, or will it "just work"?

Thanks!

3. s.martinetz

s.martinetz

Think I either found a memory leak in RageFont or I am doing something seriously wrong here. (or both) :)
    I was instantiating large amounts of Gameobjects (about 5000+) each holding a regular Unity TextMesh Component. It's working actually fine but of course there is a certain amount of "blurryness" to the chars when zooming into the scene with my camera.

So I was trying to substitute ALL of those objects with new prefabs using RageFont and RageGroup to render the text.

Here's my inspector setup:
    Bildschirmfoto 2014-10-14 um 11.31.25.png

The text for each object is added during runtime but in general it's not more then 4-6 chars at the most.
    So far it seems to be working BUT as soon as I leave the unity playmode, the editor crashes with a memory error. Does anybody have a clue what might be wrong here?

4. roady

roady

Having same question as biasless.

I'm using fade-in for a line.

float val = _splineAlpha.progress;
    Color c = spline.GetOutlineColor1 ();
    c.a = val;
    spline.SetOutlineColor1 (c);
    spline.RefreshMesh (false, false, false);

using this RefreshMesh is the lowest CPU that I've found, but is there a better way when just change the material that is less CPU intensive?

5. AVOlight

AVOlight

@roady

unfortunately rageSpline is designed to require a refreshmesh when changing color,
    the good news is color changes can be done with out the need to refresh the mesh

i've been looking at the code for months now, and yea at first its over-welling, and for me i couldn't imagine how i could possibly get anywhere with all those lines of jargon, (great scripting lessons)
    but once you step through it, there's lots of parts that are just inefficient in there design, and i just skip the parts with math i don't understand,
    pretty soon you'll have your own version of a spline editor that works for your own project
    because you can just fix and add what you want on your own :)

6. coshea

coshea

Hi

When running my game in the editor, I am getting a spike in the profiler which seems to be related to svgIn & Gui.

Does this effect my final build performance? What is this spike all about?

Thanks
    Chris

Attached Files:

7. roady

roady

Issue: Move items smooth along a path
    When moving objects the closer the points are the slower my objects are going.

Wanted result: Able to move objects along RageSpline smoothly and with same speed

I'm moving items along RageSpline, this is done by iTween.
    To be able to move along RageSpline I first need the path. So I use this code to extract and create a path from an RageSpline.

List<Vector3> list = newList<Vector3> ();
    floatdist = lineBegin;
    while (dist<lineEnd) {
    Vector3p = spline.GetPoint (dist);
    p = transform.TransformPoint (p);
    list.Add (p);
    dist += 0.005f;​
    }
    _path = list.ToArray ();
    Then to move my objects I can use:

// pProgress, percent between 0f-1f
    Vector3pathPosition = iTween.PointOnPath (_path, pProgress);

For example if my path looks like this

Note that in the bottom there's 3 points closer together than the 2 at the top. When moving along the created path my objects are getting really slow.

By creating gizmos on each point extracted you can see the difference between the long line and when it starts to bend. The curve uses many more "dots".

It seems like RageSpline uses the same number of "dots" between each point. So the closer the points still same amount of dots are used.

Is there another way to calculate position to get a smooth animation in same speed?

8. roady

roady

For someone that needs same solution, I adjusted my "create path" script to handle this issue.

//lineBeginvaluebetween0f - 1f, < lineEnd
    //lineEndvaluebetween0f - 1f, > lineBegin
    floatdistanceThreshold = 0.015f; //Smallestamountofdistancebetweenpoints
    floatsearchIncrement = 0.001f; //Amounttoaddwhensearchingfornewposition
    floatdist = lineBegin; // where to start
    List<Vector3> list = newList<Vector3> (); // output path
    list.Add (transform.TransformPoint( spline.spline.GetPoint (dist) )); // set our first position
    Vector3positionLast = list [0]; // keep track on prev set point
    while (dist<lineEnd) {
    Vector3positionNew = transform.TransformPoint( spline.spline.GetPoint (dist) );
    floatdistance = Vector3.Distance(positionLast,positionNew); // distance beetween points
    if(distance > distanceThreshold) { // yaay, we are over the threshold, save
    list.Add (positionNew);
    positionLast = positionNew;​
    }
    dist += searchIncrement;​
    }
    _path = list.ToArray ();

9. coshea

coshea

Is RageTools supported anymore? No reply about from two weeks ago :(

I have another question, all of these ragetools files are included in my app build, but they shouldn't be, can I delete these files or exclude the from the build?

Thanks

Attached Files:

10. MaDDoX

MaDDoX

Hi guys. Sorry, I've got to my physical limit this semester (as in "I got ill from so much work"), and I'm very glad it'll be all over next week. Meanwhile, a couple answers. Keeping a constant speed along the RageSpline curve, as it was developed, will require some internal changes. I've got this request a number of times already so yes, it's in the to-do list.

As for these files, coshea, I don't recommend deleting the triangle texture. The other files are RageSpline/RageTools interface assets. As long as you don't use them in-game as textures, they should be automatically removed when you build your game.

RageText does require some fixes to prevent certain memory leaks from happening, just as there are some alignment issues with the Web Player deploys, both known issues.

You *can* change the material color directly without using a refreshMesh() call, as long as the RageSpline component is disabled.

Unity 5 / WebGL deploys should just work with RageSpline as soon as Unity 5 is out. You guys can expect a properly updated RageSpline and RageTools versions some time mid-December.

Thanks for your patience and sorry again for my absence in the last weeks.

11. coshea

coshea

Hey, thanks for replying.

No I don't use them as in game textures, but they are showing up in my used assets list inside my builds.

Any thoughts on my first question above (profile spike)?

http://forum.unity3d.com/threads/ra...and-gui-for-unity.106840/page-15#post-1846533

Thanks

12. MaDDoX

MaDDoX

I think I've replied that to you in a private e-mail coshea. Anyways I suspect it's related to the editor's OnGUI being executed in play mode. This wasn't the case back when I implemented it (to work around some editor update lags) but it might have changed in the latest versions. For tests, try deleting the editor .cs files and see if the issue persists.

I'm investigating this and the other issues mentioned this week, I hope to release an improved RageTools version until next week (the updated RageSpline is already up, as you probably read on our facebook page). Cheers!

Last edited: Jan 9, 2015
  13. jeffweber

jeffweber

Hey Breno,

I'm seeing some errors when I open a Unity project.

It's easy to recreate.

Create a game object with a Canvas on it. Set the canvas to "Screen Space - Camera". Be sure to drag your main camera on to the "Render Camera" field of the Canvas.

Add a rage spline prefab (say a circle) to the same game object the Canvas is attached to.

Now, you won't immediately see a problem, but if you save the project, then re-open it you'll get the following errors in the console:

aabb.IsValid()
    IsFinite(outDistanceForSort)
    UnityEditor.DockArea:OnGUI()

14. MaDDoX

MaDDoX

I couldn’t repro Jeff’s issue (no error here..), but since he and some others are trying to integrate RageSplines and the new Unity 2D system, I had the idea to expand CanvasAlign to support that. Basically it now auto-detects that you’ve got Unity 4.6 and adds a couple new options to the inspector. As soon as you drag your Canvas GO to it, it starts reading its Canvas Scaler settings and adapts the RageSpline or RageGroup scale accordingly. It’s a very straightforward workflow, check this video for a quick demo / walkthrough:

It should go live with the next RageTools version. BTW, currently the Unity UI will always render in front of the RageSplines, which at the end of the day are 3D objects. You can work around that as needed with a separate orthographic camera with proper depth / clear flags set.

15. jeffweber

jeffweber

Hey Breno,

With this new ability to hook into the Unity 4.6 Canvas object, is it possible to use RageSpline with the Canvas set to
    Screen Space - Overlay (Rather than Screen Space - Camera) ?

In your video you are using the Screen Space - Camera option. I'd really like to use Rage Spline with Screen Space - Overlay.

16. AVOlight

AVOlight

eta on update :)

17. sleekdigital

sleekdigital

Having problems with rage spline and multitexture. It seems buggy or at best limited and/or not intuitive. Is there a way to multitexture the fill and still have a separate material for the outline?

18. sleekdigital

sleekdigital

Ok, so far I haven't even tried to do anything serious with this package... just trying things out and already hitting bugs. SVG IN doesn't handle named colors on gradients?

Here is the relevant part of the SVG...

Code (JavaScript):
    1. <linearGradient id="grad_dp_001" gradientUnits="userSpaceOnUse" x1="1252.67" y1="472.867" x2="1081.58" y2="465.539">
    2.             <stop offset="0" stop-color="#ffb145"/>
    3.             <stop offset="1" stop-color="white"/>
    4.         </linearGradient>
    And here is the import error...

ColorExtension:ToColor(String) (at Assets/_Freakow/RageTools/Code/_Extensions/ColorExtension.cs:22)
    RageSvgIn:parseGradientStop(XmlNode, RageSvgObject) (at Assets/_Freakow/RageTools/Code/RageSvgInStyler.cs:278)
    RageSvgIn:parseSvgNode(XmlNode, RageSvgObject, Boolean, Int32, Reference) (at Assets/_Freakow/RageTools/Code/RageSvgIn.cs:305)
    RageSvgIn:parseGradient(XmlNode, RageSvgObject, GradientType, Boolean, Int32) (at Assets/_Freakow/RageTools/Code/RageSvgInStyler.cs:218)
    RageSvgIn:parseSvgNode(XmlNode, RageSvgObject, Boolean, Int32, Reference) (at Assets/_Freakow/RageTools/Code/RageSvgIn.cs:299)
    RageSvgIn:parseDef(XmlNode, RageSvgObject, Reference) (at Assets/_Freakow/RageTools/Code/RageSvgIn.cs:442)
    RageSvgIn:parseSvgNode(XmlNode, RageSvgObject, Boolean, Int32, Reference) (at Assets/_Freakow/RageTools/Code/RageSvgIn.cs:287)
    RageSvgIn:parseSvgNode(XmlNode, RageSvgObject, Boolean, Int32, Reference) (at Assets/_Freakow/RageTools/Code/RageSvgIn.cs:344)
    RageSvgIn:FindAndParseSvg(XmlNode, RageSvgObject) (at Assets/_Freakow/RageTools/Code/RageSvgIn.cs:259)
    <SvgLoad>c__Iterator1B:MoveNext() (at Assets/_Freakow/RageTools/Code/RageSvgIn.cs:215)

It looks like the code just calls ToColor without checking for named colors like it does for solid color fills.

19. MaDDoX

MaDDoX

Hi SleekDigital. Nice catch with SVGIn, I'll add support for that. As for multi texture, I wouldn't really recommended it, although if you have good expertise with shaders you can work around its limitations.

In time, if you want to use RageSprite with the new (and great) mecanim/animator system, do this: grab the generated clips in the Project window, go to the top right corner of the Inspector window and select Debug from the drop down menu (next to the lock). Then change the Animation Type to 2 to mark it as Animator and you'll be able to drag it right in the Animator panel, set up transitions, etc.

I'm looking into removing the legacy animation support and turn it into Animator-only in a forthcoming version, just don't want to do it now to prevent breaking current projects.

As for an ETA of the update, I've fixed most prevailing RageTools problems so I'm optimistic about releasing a new version this week.

Attached Files:

20. AVOlight

AVOlight

thanks for the update :)

21. BrainAndBrain

BrainAndBrain

Thanks Breno!

Just a heads-up that while the 'debug' technique allows you to use your animation clips with Animator controllers, they won't loop properly. You'll have to go into debug mode again and change the 'stop' time from it's default of 1 to whatever the length of your clip is (it'll say in the top left of the Inspector window when looking at your animation clip in 'normal' mode). This stumped me for awhile, but I eventually got it to work. Now I have smooth looping.

22. MaDDoX

MaDDoX

You're very right BrainAndBrain. In fact I've added full support to Animator in RageSprite. Now it detects if you have an Animation (legacy) or Animator (Mecanim) component attached to the host GameObject and creates the appropriate clip time, with all settings correct. There's now a new 'Flip X' option in RageGroup, to make animation mirroring really easy - major kudos go to Stephen Danton for the idea.

Optimizations took me longer than I expected, but it's worth it, I'm sure you guys will enjoy the new version. It should go live in the private RageSuite FTP some time tomorrow. Thanks for your patience and continued support!

23. MaDDoX

MaDDoX

RageSuite 1.2.4 just uploaded to the private FTP. It includes RageTools 1.1.7 and RageTools Pro 1.0.7. Follows changelog:

RageTools 1.1.7
    - SVG-In: Now properly supports named (Web) colors in gradients
    - SVG-In: Some color parsing errors fixed
    - RagePivotools: Added "Remove" macro. Click Alt+r to remove Pivotools from the selected gameobject.
    - RageGroup: Fixed performance degradation in Play mode and tweak mode
    - RageGroup: now has selection priority in editor view
    - RageGroup: Flip-x toggle added; requires the pivot of the group to be centered (tip: apply Pivotools) and that no local rotation is applied to the group's object (tip: nest it under a controller, rotate that instead). Thanks to Stephen Danton for the idea.
    - RageCanvasAlign: Fixed performance issues
    - RageCanvasAlign: Now supports assigning and aligning to a uGUI Canvas (Unity 4.6+), works with all UI Scale Modes
    - RageGroup: 'Update' button now disables Tweak mode
    - RageGroup: Added 'Size' public field. Calculated after 'Update'.
    - RageGroup: Completely revamped Switchset system. Creates sequential default names when not provided, multiple alert messages and null-reference bug fixes.

RageTools Pro 1.0.7
    - RageText: Webplayer fixes
    - RageText: Host gameobject now has selection priority in editor view
    - RageText: Fixed known and annoying quick-mode issue, can no longer destroy source (instantiated) character meshes
    - RageSprite: Fixed minor start frame initialization bug. "Frame Delay" renamed to "Frame Hold".
    - RageSprite: Added 'Loop' option to Settings foldout. Enables the loop option on created clips.
    - RageSprite: Now supports Animator (Mecanim) system. It automatically detects if there's an Animation (legacy) or Animator component attached to its Gameobject and creates the proper clip type automatically. If there's an Animation Controller assigned, it automatically adds the state and clip to it.​

Soon being sent to the Asset Store as well. Barring some blocking bug which require an emergency bugfix release, these will be the last Unity 4.x cycle releases. Enjoy!

24. BrainAndBrain

BrainAndBrain

@MaDDoX: Thanks for the great update! The RageSprite and RageGroup updates are especially welcome.

I'm having trouble with Edgetune. To try to aid my understanding, I went through the brief Edgetune tutorial scene, but when I scale the eyeball interactively, my Tris count is unchanged, and the detail level of the eyeball stays low. My game will have some camera zooming, thus scaling my objects, so I'm really wanting to make sure that I understand how Edgetune works and that I'm able to use it. Do you know why it may not be working in the tutorial?

Thanks!

- David

25. MaDDoX

MaDDoX

Thanks BrainAndBrain. In the process of optimizing the whole editor-time-update process (trust me, that thing has a pact with the devil..) Edgetune got a tad too tricky to use, you're right. I'm working on improvements, meanwhile try this:

Make sure your RageCamera component (usually attached to the main camera) has "Editor Mode Update" enabled. In the desired RageGroup, make sure to enable the "Multiply" option next to the Tweak button. On Edgetune hit 'Initialize' then 'Live', it should then work during Play at least.

BTW, a user found a minor issue with RageSprite and webplayer publishing. I've already fixed it so sit tight for a hotfix release in the next hours.

26. MaDDoX

MaDDoX

RageSuite 1.2.4.1 just uploaded to the Private FTP. Follows the changelog:

Code (csharp):
    2. Edgetune: Fixed editor update problem. Game view size "passive" update still requires 'RageCamera > Editor Mode Update' to be active
    3. RageGroup: Fixed null reference error with style application
    4. RageSVG-In: Removed OnGUI debug messages to prevent performance spikes
    5. RageText: Fixed null reference error when adjusting the Tracking before editing the text, right after opening a scene
    6. RageText: Fixed initialization errors when loading a scene with quick-mode text

I've also done a quick video showing RageText + Edgetune setup, should hopefully enlighten how it all fits together. Sorry for the terrible audio quality especially towards the end, wife was sleeping really close so I had to lower my voice - Mic noise gate apparently didn't like it :) Anyways, images is what it's all about, so there you go:

27. Game-Whiz

Game-Whiz

When is support for Unity 5 coming? I just downloaded the latest RageSuite and there are a couple of compilation errors in RageSprite.

28. MaDDoX

MaDDoX

Unity 5 support? Done :)

Just download RageSuite 1.2.5 from the private FTP. It's a Unity5-only package, so please don't download/use it if your project is on Unity 4, there are no new features to be found there. So, the idea for the next versions is to keep the scenes in Unity5 format, yet the scripts will still be Unity4-compatible so you can import just the scripts to update your project. This code-compatibility will be kept for some time to make sure Unity 4 users are supported with any necessary bug fixes. Enjoy!

Code (csharp):
    1. * RageSuite Version 1.2.5 changes
    2.     - Unity 5 compatibility version
    3.     - RageSprite automatic clip addition to Animator fixed to work with Unity 5

29. DeepShader

DeepShader

Ok, cool, but how can I download the new version, if I bought it on the Asset-Store?

30. MaDDoX

MaDDoX

You can't access the private FTP, that's exclusively for RageSuite owners - consult us if you intend to upgrade, we offer massive discounts for RageSpline and/or RageTools users.

Anyways, I don't believe you'll have any problems auto-updating the existing RageSpline and RageTools versions, we've only got errors with RageTools Pro components. If you're a RageTools Pro user and need to update urgently, drop us an e-mail with your proof of purchase from the Asset Store and I'll send you the RageTools Pro new version through e-mail.

In any case, the new version should go live in the Asset Store in the next week or so.

31. jeffweber

jeffweber

Can't get access to you FTP site:

Status: Connection established, waiting for welcome message...
    Command: PWD
    Response: 257 "/" is your current location
    Command: TYPE I
    Response: 200 TYPE is now 8-bit binary
    Command: PASV
    Response: 227 Entering Passive Mode (173,254,28,129,53,124)
    Command: MLSD
    Error: Connection timed out after 20 seconds of inactivity
    Error: Failed to retrieve directory listing

32. MaDDoX

MaDDoX

Working fine here Jeff, it's probably some temporary net split. Try it again later, if the situation doesn't resolve itself until tomorrow get back to me and I'll reach the ISP.

33. jeffweber

jeffweber

Tried many times. Just not working for me.

Any chance could send me a download link like you did for 1.2.4.1?

-Jeff

34. jeffweber

jeffweber

Hey Breno.

Feature suggestion for you.

It would be nice if, in addition to the 2D Polygon option, we also had the option to use an edge collider. It could work almost identical to how the Outline Mesh works in that it only needs to follow the outline of the shape

I'm finding the 2D polygon is much more susceptible to penetration error than the edge collider and the edge collider is better designed for sliding and acting as a landscape surface.

Thoughts?

-Jeff

35. roady

roady

Wondering how to make RageSpline be at the back (depths) at all time?

Example: I have a 2 NGUI items that I want RageSpline to always be behind.
    Tried using render que but this only works for 1 item.

renderer.material.renderQueue = sprite.drawCall.renderQueue;

36. roady

roady

37. MaDDoX

MaDDoX

That's a great suggestion Web, and not too hard to implement since the normals for vertices are already stored. BTW, please send me an e-mail asking for the RageSuite latest package, this way it gets to my to-do list :)

And thanks for the shader roady, currently I'm setting the render order through script.

38. MaDDoX

MaDDoX

April 1st RageSuite Promo

I know what you're thinking, but no, that's not an April Fool's joke. Today you can get RageSuite for only $50, an
    almost 50% discount over the regular price! The promo lasts up to April 10. Just go to our website and click the regular purchase link.

We've also done a major price restructuring for our Asset Store products. RageSpline now costs $25, RageTools $50 and RageTools Pro only $40 (data updates in the Unity Asset Store might not have gone live yet). If you own only RageSpline and/or RageTools and would like to upgrade to the RageSuite "combo" package, send us an e-mail to contact@freakow.com and consult our special "step-up" pricing.

PS.: Keep tuned for our new components which will be RageSuite-only, we're sure you'll love them.

Happy April everyone!

39. IanStanbridge

IanStanbridge

Hi Maddox just a couple of questions before purchase. Does your rage suite package contain all 3 of your rage packages or does it not come with rage tools ? Your video says it does while your page says it only comes with rage suit pro ? Also is your rage suite fully compatible with Unity 5 and is it suitable for mobile ?

Your sales page has the date listed as March 10th instead of April for the discount which I am assuming is an error.

Also does your package use the svg vector files directly so that if you have a sprite that is smaller as a svg rather than a texture the file size will be smaller in the build or does it have to convert them to unity sprites meaning their is no file size advantage ?

40. MaDDoX

MaDDoX

Hi Ian. Yeah, RageSuite includes RageSpline, RageTools and RageTools Pro. I'll double check the site info, the promotion is definitely up until April 10.

RageTools *never* converts SVGs to bitmap images, that's for Substance. We keep vector data as vector data and convert it to polygons for display purposes. You may generate polygons during editor time or on start. If you store the editor-generated polygons with your game, it does increase the game size considerably but not as much as you'd get from hi-res bitmap images, and definitely not chewing up precious system memory in mobile devices. Generating polygons on start (from the SVG importer) takes little to no memory in the final package, but it does take sensibly longer to start the game, since that's when the polygons are generated.

You can also load SVG data directly from a web server, in practice that allows you to update your game graphical content without any patches or having to go through long submission processes. Please notice that the user manuals (free download in our website) contains plenty of information, pay special notice to the SVG parser limitations to see if it suits your needs. Very complex SVG data usually poses problems and require manual pre-processing in your illustration software. That said, it's a mature toolset with a large number of users - including big game studios which I can't even name due to NDAs we had to sign - with sound success cases.

Edit: Yeah, latest RageSuite version is for Unity 5. You can access older versions, including the latest Unity 4-compatible one, through the 'old' folder in our private FTP.

If you have further questions, feel free to ask.

Last edited: Apr 2, 2015
  41. Fredrik-Flyg

Fredrik-Flyg

@MaDDoX: I am seeing an issue with pivots after using the CloneUVs macro in the latest version. The issue I am having is that the children that have no pivot child object are not always defaulting to Geometric pivots properly. This results in some UVs get the wrong texture offset in the some of the target's hierarchy of CloneUVs.

42. BrainAndBrain

BrainAndBrain

@MaDDoX: I've been getting this error repeatedly with RageSprite when clicking the "Generate Clip" button:

NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
    RageSprite.SetAnimType (UnityEngine.AnimationClip& clip, Single duration) (at Assets/_Freakow/RageToolsPro/Code/RageSprite.cs:62)
    RageSprite.GenerateClip (.RageSpriteAnimation rsAnim) (at Assets/_Freakow/RageToolsPro/Code/RageSprite.cs:46)
    RageSpriteEditor.ListAnimations () (at Assets/_Freakow/RageToolsPro/Editor/RageSpriteEditor.boo:113)
    RageSpriteEditor.OnDrawInspectorGUI () (at Assets/_Freakow/RageToolsPro/Editor/RageSpriteEditor.boo:47)
    Com.Freakow.BooInspector.EasyEditor.OnInspectorGUI () (at Assets/_Freakow/BooInspector/Editor/EasyEditor.boo:29)
    UnityEditor.InspectorWindow.DrawEditor (UnityEditor.Editor editor, Int32 editorIndex, Boolean forceDirty, System.Boolean& showImportedObjectBarNext, UnityEngine.Rect& importedObjectBarRect, Boolean eyeDropperDirty) (at /Users/builduser/buildslave/unity/build/Editor/Mono/Inspector/InspectorWindow.cs:1150)
    UnityEditor.DockArea:OnGUI()

It points at this bit of code in RageSprite.cs (specifically the last line, line 62 in the document):

Code (CSharp):
    1. var anim = GetComponent<Animation>();
    2.         var mecanim = GetComponent<Animator>();
    3.         if (mecanim) {
    4.             // Changing animation type requires the use of reflection
    5.             //clip.ListSerializedProperties();
    6.             var clipObj = new SerializedObject(clip);
    7.             clipObj.FindProperty("m_AnimationType").intValue = 2;
    clipObj.FindProperty("m_AnimationType") is returning null. This seems to be where you're changing the animation clip from 'legacy' to 'mecanim', right?

I've been able to workaround this by commenting out that line. The animation clips are generated and seem to work fine. But I wanted to see what you thought and if there might be a real solution to this. I'm using Unity 5.0.1f1.

Thanks,

- David

43. trudeaudm

trudeaudm

Do rage spline and rage tools off of the asset store work with unity 5? The majority of the comments state that there are issues. And in the descriptions it says they function with old versions of unity.

I only get things through the asset store so I am not interested in getting RageSuit as it is not offered there.

44. Fabzil_2

Fabzil_2

Hi!

We're currently using Ragespline is our project and we're happy with its ease of use, and its ability to help us rapidly create with it :)

We're facing our problem though : from time to time, the mesh collider associated with the object will change at the start of runtime, even if the "Lock To Appearance" checkbox is checked.
    The collider is then the "previous" one that was associated with the object, and no longer match the mesh rendered

We're using Unity 4.3.7

Maybe you know a workaround?
    Thank you in advance for your time and have a nice day!

45. Fredrik-Flyg

Fredrik-Flyg

For anyone running in to the same issue with CloneUV macro as me: I managed a workaround to the issue by taking an earlier version of the PivotTools.cs and correcting any issues that arose from that (mainly in the editor scripts). So the issue is most likely in PivotTools.cs. (Sadly I can't dwell more on the issue to narrow down the cause, but I have informed @MaDDoX about it and provided material to reproduce it easily.)

46. MaDDoX

MaDDoX

Hi guys. Sorry for my recent disappearance, I was focusing on my masters' project. It's now submitted so I can finally breath and catch up on all Rage products updates. So, first things first, the RageSpline and RageTools Asset Store versions is for Unity 4, but it works fine with Unity 5 up to 5.0.1 (using its auto-update). There's a problem with 5.0.2 due to some inner changes in its DrawGizmo editor operation. In fact there seems to be a bug related to it, but I could work around it - although the editor refresh performance seems sensibly slower than previously, when it was basically as real time as in play mode. That does suck and I hope they fix it soon, or at least provide us tool creators with a reliable way to refresh instantly scripts on unselected objects in editor mode. I've tried all I could find and Draw Gizmos has been my - and many other tool developers - solution for that, it looks hacky in the code but it did work.

Back to the point, soon there'll be an "universal" version in the Asset Store for RageTools Pro, meanwhile the current version in the Asset Store will give you an error with Unity 5. The work around is to comment out the line mentioned by David "BrainAndBrain". Talking of which, the property which sets the animation clip from 'legacy' to mecanim was changed in the latest minor releases. It's now:
    ("m_Legacy").boolValue = false; // set it to mecanim, true for legacy

So, RageSuite 1.2.6 is submitted to the private FTP specifically to fix these couple critical issues. The other problems mentioned will be addressed in a forthcoming version, including the CloneUV macro issue. There are other pressing issues like reworking all the editors to C#, we chose to develop the more complex ones with the Boo language, for its powerful macros. Nevertheless, with Unity dropping full Boo support I'm afraid that things will start breaking apart soon, so I rather prepare in advance.

On a second note, I'll soon announce to you guys the near-future roadmap for the components and how that'll work with the Asset Store. Good news overall, in fact I'm really glad that finally Unity will provide proper major-release upgrade paths.

* RageSuite - Version 1.2.6 changes
    Fixed RageTools and RageTools Pro Gizmo drawing to work with Unity 5.0.2
    Fixed RageSprite clip generation error in Unity 5.0.2

PS.: Hey Jeff, if you still can't access the private FTP just drop me an e-mail and I'll reply with the latest version attached.

47. Yann

Yann

Hi MaDDoX,

Trying to import RageTools & RageTools Pro into a fully blank Unity 5.1 project on a Mac, I get following error message :
    Is there a way to fix this ?

48. MaDDoX

MaDDoX

Hi Yann. Latest RageTools and RageTools Pro versions are fully compatible with Unity 5.1+, I currently use it on a Mac. I've reimported both packages and couldn't reproduce the error you mentioned, have you tried importing it fresh from the Asset Store? If it still doesn't work it might be the case that one package has been updated and the other hasn't in the Asset Store (both have been submitted), but according to my publisher manager panel that's not the case.

ISI-Automation likes this.
  49. MaDDoX

MaDDoX

BTW, RageSuite is on a vacation special price, only $45 until Aug 15 - including RageSpline, RageTools and RageTools Pro latest and greatest versions. If you haven't got it yet or need additional licenses, that's the time. Don't miss out!

50. FlyingKiwi

FlyingKiwi

Hi MaDDoX,

I started with RageTools / RageSpline since yesterday. I'm just testing some stuff and trying out some SVG imports. One thing i noticed, is that the colors of (linear)Gradients don't get imported from my own SVG files.

I started looking into the difference in a file you provide in your assets and my SVG file. The difference seems to be in the way how the colors are defined.
    Correct:
    <linearGradient id="SVGID_1_" gradientUnits="userSpaceOnUse" x1="113.3857" y1="56.6929" x2="226.772" y2="56.6929">
    <stop offset="0" stop-color="#FF0000"/>
    <stop offset="1" stop-color="00FF00"/>
    </linearGradient>

Incorrect:
    <linearGradient id="SVGID_1_" gradientUnits="userSpaceOnUse" x1="113.3857" y1="56.6929" x2="226.772" y2="56.6929">
    <stop offset="0" style="stop-color:#FF0000"/>
    <stop offset="1" style="stop-color:#00FF00"/>
    </linearGradient>

The difference is in the style="stop-color" and stop-color="".
    From Illustrator CC, the incorrect format is used, regardless of the settings i choose in Illustrator.

Do you know a workaround for this? Is this a known issue? I don't want to edit the SVG-Gradients manually ofcourse :)

Thanks in advance.

varonimus likes this.