Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

QuizApp: Ultimate Trivia Template

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by Mintonne, May 5, 2016.

1. Mintonne

Mintonne

ASSET STORE LINK

(Click image to enlarge)

So much more than before. For so much less.
    A remarkable lightweight template that ships with 4 unique demos. A wide array of features that don’t sacrifice great user experience. Ultra responsive UI that adjusts to a wide variety of screen sizes and question types.
    So much went into QuizApp. So you could get even more out of it.

(Click image to enlarge)

Breathtaking user interface. Pushed even further.
    Great design isn't always obvious to the eye, but take a closer at the demos and you’ll find everything is carefully placed and thought-out. QuizApp is designed with the best user experience in mind. And you can make it even more personal by switching colors, fonts, avatars and sprites, anytime you want.

(Click image to enlarge)

Do so much more. Hassle-free.
    QuizApp is fast and powerful yet simple to use. Focus on getting stuff done without having to think about the code underneath.

(Click image to enlarge)

Built to win. Built to last.
    Did you know the average app loses 77% of its Daily Active Users (DAUs) within the first 3 days after the install? Within 90 days, it’s over 95%. Stunning. We understand how important good aesthetics and a thoughtful design are when fighting churn rates, so we made sure to implement the best app practices when designing QuizApp.

Extensive documentation. Personalized customer support.

Every demo is extensively documented. You’ll be up and running in no time. Experiencing an issue? Get in touch with our responsive and dedicated customer assistants. We've got you covered.

Current Demos
    True or False –1000’s of interesting and astonishing facts – but are they true? Test your players’ knowledge in this fast paced trivia template. Exciting knowledge duels in split-screen mode. Two players can battle against each other on the same device.

Quiz Me –This is a fully fledged multiple choice demo. Quiz Me lets you create text only or text + picture questions and automatically adjusts the UI based on the question. A dedicated profile page that allows players to track their progress on every category. Players can also set their own username and choose a profile avatar. Quiz Me lets you share questions instantly on social media or via email with a single tap.

Quiz Me w/ Random Categories –This is a spin-off of the above demo but with random categories. All other features are similar.

Trivia Kingdom –This demo borrows concepts from all the above demos and fits them into one pack. It supports text only, text + picture and true or false questions. Test your knowledge against the clock. Earn points. Level up.

Last edited: Nov 23, 2016
  2. Quatum1000

Quatum1000

Only for Android? Would be great to have for iOS too.

3. Mintonne

Mintonne

1. Android/iOS platforms do not support video playback.

http://docs.unity3d.com/Manual/class-MovieTexture.html

2. I am constantly adding new demos. QuizApp currently has 3 demos. Your suggestion has been duly noted.

3. You mean as a screenshot? QuizApp currently supports sharing questions (as a screenshot). The feature can easily be extended to work on the gameover screen.

4. Mintonne

Mintonne

QuizApp actually works on iOS ( I have not personally tested it, but a few customers have successful compiled the game for iOS devices).

Give it a try and in case of any issue, I am always an email away.

5. Mintonne

Mintonne

New update submitted. A few demos now have a sidebar for better access.

I will let you know as soon the update is live on Asset Store

Last edited: Jul 13, 2016
    Quatum1000 likes this.
  6. Quatum1000

Quatum1000

Ah great :)

7. Quatum1000

Quatum1000

Hi
    did you uploaded the demo from the latest version to test?

8. Mintonne

Mintonne

Hello. Yes. The apk builds are from the latest build. I am currently unable to get the link for you but try the link on the store listing (Apk files)

Last edited: May 29, 2016
  9. Mintonne

Mintonne

FREE VOUCHER ALERT

Hey guys. Thank you all for your support. As a way of showing my appreciation, here is a voucher for my template, QuizApp.

It comes with full support and access to all future releases.

Feel free to share it with a friend if you already own a copy of QuizApp.

ASV-FFEU-QVR7-6QTP-U6G9-CCRD

Make sure to subscribe to the thread to get instant updates on new features and freebies.

Regards,
    Jack E.

elias_t likes this.
  10. UnitySora

UnitySora

The template looks cool. Is there a working demo link for iOS?

11. Mintonne

Mintonne

Hey @UnitySora

First, thank you:)

About the iOS demo, unfortunately I don't have a demo for iOS.
    However, I can assure you the template works great on iOS devices too.
    The only native feature included is the 'sharing feature' and there is an iOS code for that included.

In case you have any issue(s), I am always an email away.

Last edited: Jun 6, 2016
  12. Mintonne

Mintonne

FREE VOUCHER ALERT

Hey guys. For those who missed out on last week's voucher, here is another one.

Get a free copy of 'True or False' trivia template worth $10.

It comes with full support and access to all future releases.

Remember, Upgrading to QuizApp is only $30.

ASV-DT6A-PLNN-XMND-JHEH-MJEF

Feel free to share the voucher if you already own a copy of QuizApp or True or False.

Once again, thank you all for the overwhelming support and invaluable suggestions.​

13. bobdos

bobdos

I got an error when run the demo1 in unity 5.3.2p4 (mac):

NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
    QuizAppContainer.Load (System.String path) (at Assets/Trivia Pack/_QuizApp/Scripts/XML Parse/QuizAppContainer.cs:20)
    Demo1Controller+<LoadQuestions>c__Iterator2.MoveNext () (at Assets/Trivia Pack/_QuizApp/Scene/Demo 1/Demo1Controller.cs:439)
    UnityEngine.MonoBehaviour:StartCoroutine(IEnumerator)
    Demo1Controller:playGame(Int32) (at Assets/Trivia Pack/_QuizApp/Scene/Demo 1/Demo1Controller.cs:423)
    UnityEngine.EventSystems.EventSystem:Update()

14. bobdos

bobdos

And another errors occurred when I try to build the iOS version:

SystemException: Duplicate native method found : showAlertMessage. Please check your source carefully.
    UnityEditor.MonoAOTRegistration.ExtractNativeMethodsFromTypes (ICollection`1 types, System.Collections.ArrayList res) (at /Users/builduser/buildslave/unity/build/Editor/Mono/BuildPipeline/MonoInternalCallGenerator.cs:27)
    UnityEditor.MonoAOTRegistration.BuildNativeMethodList (Mono.Cecil.AssemblyDefinition[] assemblies) (at /Users/builduser/buildslave/unity/build/Editor/Mono/BuildPipeline/MonoInternalCallGenerator.cs:49)
    UnityEditor.MonoAOTRegistration.WriteCPlusPlusFileForStaticAOTModuleRegistration (BuildTarget buildTarget, System.String file, CrossCompileOptions crossCompileOptions, Boolean advancedLic, System.String targetDevice, Boolean stripping, UnityEditor.RuntimeClassRegistry usedClassRegistry, UnityEditor.AssemblyReferenceChecker checker) (at /Users/builduser/buildslave/unity/build/Editor/Mono/BuildPipeline/MonoInternalCallGenerator.cs:87)
    UnityEditor.iOS.PostProcessiPhonePlayer.PostProcess (BuildTarget target, System.String stagingAreaData, System.String stagingArea, System.String stagingAreaDataManaged, System.String playerPackage, System.String installPath, System.String companyName, System.String productName, BuildOptions options, UnityEditor.RuntimeClassRegistry usedClassRegistry) (at /Users/builduser/buildslave/unity/build/PlatformDependent/iPhonePlayer/Extensions/Common/BuildPostProcessor.cs:414)
    UnityEditor.iOS.iOSBuildPostprocessor.PostProcess (BuildPostProcessArgs args) (at /Users/builduser/buildslave/unity/build/PlatformDependent/iPhonePlayer/Extensions/Common/ExtensionModule.cs:27)
    UnityEditor.PostprocessBuildPlayer.Postprocess (BuildTarget target, System.String installPath, System.String companyName, System.String productName, Int32 width, Int32 height, System.String downloadWebplayerUrl, System.String manualDownloadWebplayerUrl, BuildOptions options, UnityEditor.RuntimeClassRegistry usedClassRegistry) (at /Users/builduser/buildslave/unity/build/Editor/Mono/BuildPipeline/PostprocessBuildPlayer.cs:316)
    UnityEditor.HostView:OnGUI()

15. Mintonne

Mintonne

Hello @bobdos

Kindly contact me via email. I can help you much better there.
    As for the first error, it seems you have not extracted the resources for that demo into the project.

Kindly read the included text file labelled 'Readme(seriously)'. It explains everything about the resource packages.

The second one seems to be editor/player settings and not the actual template.

16. bobdos

bobdos

Thanks a lot for your quick support.

Mintonne likes this.
  17. Mintonne

Mintonne

Hey,

For the past few days, I have been working on a way to download xml files straight from a cloud server (Dropbox, Google Drive etc) and use it in the game.

The downloader has 3 options.

Online Mode - This depends entirely on xml files saved on the cloud. The user has to have an active internet connection to download the xml file for a specific category.

Offline Mode - This is the old system we have been using. The xml files are stored within the game. No internet connection required.

Hybrid - This is basically both online and offline modes combined. The app will first check if there is an internet connection then proceed to download the xml file from the cloud. If the user is offline or the file is missing, the game will revert to the locally saved xml file.

Categories can have different modes.

Online mode is recommended for xml files with a small footprint (~50kb)

I am currently stress testing the feature and checking its stability before submitting the update to the store.

Note: The downloader will only be included on the True or False demo for now.

I am working on a caching feature for the other demos since they generally have resources with a larger footprint due to images. The solution should allow for the XML files and pictures to be saved on the player's phone and only be redownloaded if files on the clouds are updated.

I currently have no ETA for the feature.

Anyway, if you would like to try out the new demo, drop me an email (Kindly include your invoice) and I will send it to you.

Keep the feature suggestions coming and please review my assets on Unity Asset Store. Spread the word.

Last edited: Jun 15, 2016
    elias_t likes this.
  18. Mintonne

Mintonne

New Update

New update out now.

Changes
    • Added the XML downloader on the True or False template. You can now host your XML files on the cloud.
    • Code optimization.

19. subzer0

subzer0

Awesome!
    Can you add multiplayer to it ?
    I mean playing 1 vs 1.

20. Mintonne

Mintonne

Hello there,

Currently, the template does not support online multiplayer. However, I am looking into ways I can add this.

The process is a bit complex and I would like to learn a bit more about networking in Unity before implementing multiplayer.

Jack E.

21. Mintonne

Mintonne

Hello,

Hope you are well.

Just submitted a new update (Version 2.2.3)

Changelog
    • Added a new demo - Trivia Kingdom.
    • Better file organization.
    • Added support for Windows Platform. (Beta)
    • Verified compatibility with the latest unity version at the time of this post. (Unity 5.3.5f1)
    • Minor speed improvements.
    • Metadata changes.

The update should be live in a few days if everything goes well. Meanwhile, here is a free voucher if you don't own a copy yet.

QuizApp Trivia Template - ASV-EVK3-KT6C-RFPL-GNMR-WH66

Keep sending me your thoughts and suggestion.

RATE QUIZAPP

22. Naduct

Naduct

Good stuff with the Windows platform!
    Holding off with my purchase for now, however once you report that the Windows platform is fully supported I will make my purchase. :)

Mintonne likes this.
  23. Mintonne

Mintonne

Hello @Naduct

As I had informed you via email, my initial tests were successful without any errors but as a pre-caution, I declared it as a beta.

I will test it extensively today on Lumia 540, 640XL and try to simulator other phone models on Visual Studio. I will let you know how it goes.

Note: Native sharing is NOT SUPPORTED on Windows platform.

Jack E.

24. Mintonne

Mintonne

Hello @Naduct,

I have tested QuizApp on Lumia 520 (WP 8.1) and Lumia 640XL (WP 8.1 too)
    I have also tried it on four(4) Visual Studio 2013 simulators set at different resolutions and RAM capacities and it was working fine.

My Visual Studio 2015 installation has some license verification issues at the moment so I was unable to launch it and try QuizApp on the Windows 10 simulators. However, the project builds successfully when targeting Windows > Universal 10.

Windows 10 is very similar to Windows 8 under the hood so I think it should work on Windows 10 too.

Regards,
    Jack E.

25. Artomiano

Artomiano

Hi,

today I found QuizApp Trivia Template and it looks interesting. ;)

I have a few questions/suggestions:

1. Is there an online highscore system, that marks some statistics, such as number of right and false questions, average time of question answering, maximum right questions in a row and so on - based on user accounts? In this way, players can compare their performance with each other and motivate each other.

2. Can you integrate a drag'n'drop "puzzle system"? For example, the player have to sort some pictures in the right position, to create a pattern or an entire image - in a given time. Or the player have to sort a row of numbers in the right sequence...

3. Is there a way to group questions in a way of levels? My idea is to make levels (groups of questions) that are based on a level of difficulty - for example "easy" - "medium" - "hard". So a player first have to win all questions of the group "easy" before he can unlock the next level "medium" - and so on. Or is this the implementation in the template "gamify"?

4. Can I modify the time value for answering a question in modes "true or false" and "multiple choise". Or is there only a counter that logs the time the player needs to answer?

5. I'm right: You're wait'n for more suggestions to implement? :rolleyes:

Cheers,
    tom

26. Mintonne

Mintonne

Hello @tom-art

I hope my email addressed most of your questions. If you have any further questions, feel free to contact me.

27. Mintonne

Mintonne

Hello, hope you are all fine.

Version 2.2.4 is live on Asset Store.

Change log

- Added Dynamic XML Downloader to QuizMe Template.
    - Reworked the category creation process for QuizMe Template. It is now much faster.
    - Added a new review section on QuizMe template.
    - Improved XML load speeds.

- Fixed an issue where the username would be blank if the user didn't make any input.
    - Fixed username crop bug.
    - Other minor bugs and improvements.

I am always looking for ways to improve QuizApp. Please send me your feedback on the templates and documentation! On the Editor, go to QuizApp > Feedback.

Thank you.

FREE VOUCHERS

QuizApp Trivia Template

ASV-6YEE-VN7Y-QP9J-JNXP-JDMD

True Or False Trivia Template
    ASV-J7HL-YDCY-FVP4-R6VN-7WXP

Mystery Template
    ASV-3XX3-RVAA-RJAN-GNWQ-HTGM​

28. Artomiano

Artomiano

Hi Mintonne,

a small tip: None of your voucher is valid.

29. Mintonne

Mintonne

Hello @tom-art

The vouchers were redeemed almost immediately after posting them. Once a voucher is redeemed it becomes invalid.

See attached image for confirmation.

It would also help if whoever redeemed them could leave a post just to confirm they actually worked.

Capture.PNG

30. catapult

catapult

This looks great. Is there a YouTube preview of this template? I would love to see how the initial screen looks once a user profile has been created. I'm guessing that more than one user can play the game, and that each user can create a separate profile? Can anyone confirm this? Thanks much.

31. catapult

catapult

just wanted to add .... I know there are demos, but I'm using a non-Android device. Any recommendations for viewing the APK demo files on my Mac? I tried to use ArcWelder inside Chrome browser, but no luck.

32. Mintonne

Mintonne

Hello. I'd be happy to create a custom showcase video for you. Check your email for further information.

As for the user profile, the template only supports one(1) user only.

33. UnitySora

UnitySora

Hi, thanks for your voucher, I can confirm the voucher works.

Mintonne likes this.
  34. Mintonne

Mintonne

Hey.

I am currently experimenting with Push Notifications. Once it is implemented, you will be able to send push notifications from your OneSignal dashboard to all your app users. No fee. No subscriptions charges. Absolutely FREE.

Some of the features include:
    • Set your custom notification icon, sound and LED Color.
    • Launch a URL straight from the notification.
    • Multi-language support.
    • Deliver a notification to each user at a specified time of day in their own local time zone.
    • Schedule notifications and automatically send them at a later time or day.
    • Split your users into groups so you can target messages to them.
    • A/B Test Messages - Send 2 different notifications to a small sample of random users. After the 2 experimental notifications are sent, you can then send the better performing one to remaining users.
    • Automatic Messages - This can be used to automatically send a message to inactive users or to congratulate players.
    • Advanced Analytics - How many users can receive notifications? How many users clicked on the notification? How many users didn't receive the notification? etc.

Push notifications are extremely important if you are looking to re-engage or motivate your users. Most of this features will be implemented over time based on the feedback I receive from you.

We are working round the clock to ensure QuizApp is among the best trivia templates available.

Kindly submit your suggestions and ideas via email. Let me know what are some of the things you're looking forward to.

Cheers,
    Jack E.

35. Mintonne

Mintonne

Hey guys,

As promised last week, the new update is live. You can now send push notifications and re-engage your inactive users. Available on all demos/templates.

Both True or False and QuizApp templates have been updated and are live on Asset Store.

NEXT UPDATE

I have received numerous complaints that the XML creation process is "tiresome and boring". I totally agree.

Anyway, I have been working on a way to generate XML files easily (specifically for the QuizMe demos). You will need Microsoft Excel 2007 or higher.

Here is a sample of the spreadsheet you'll be working with. Clicking the 'Generate XML' button will spit out a ready-to-go XML file for use in the game. This should save you hours.

(Click to enlarge image)

ETA - September 2016.

I am currently testing it out and making some final touches. Should be ready for the next update.

PS: True or False template already has a similar implementation. Refer to the documentation for detailed instructions.

Keep sending in your suggestions and feedback.

Cheers,
    Jack E.

36. Mintonne

Mintonne

Hello guys,

I hope you are all good.

Just a quick heads-up.

OneSignal recently released version 2.0.0 of their SDK. They have made a few changes to the code base. With this in mind, version 2.0.0 WILL NOT work with the current version of QuizApp ( ~2.2.6). I am working on an update and it should be ready as early as next week.

For the mean time, kindly use OneSignal Version 1.16.0 Release. Alternatively, you can drop me an email and I will send you the new version as soon as it is ready.

I apologize for any inconvenience caused.

Regards,
    Jack E.

37. Mintonne

Mintonne

FREE VOUCHERS ALERT

NOTE: True Or False template is included in QuizApp. You don't need a copy of True Or False if you already own/redeem QuizApp Trivia Template.

QuizApp Trivia Template

ASV-MP4N-WT9A-KR4N-XDTJ-DGU9
    ASV-P6CK-CUNE-NJU7-KWQK-VUVV

True Or False Trivia Template
    ASV-4UUF-YF6D-6AXV-Q7DM-GYQK

**BONUS** Trace Template **BONUS**
    ASV-M3HU-RCM9-4UAN-4PH3-FYQH​

38. gauchoL

gauchoL

I got the full package, download it but i cant resize it, sorry im a newbie, watched the video but it seems i dont have "scroll rect" as showed there, Im trying to use the True or False template but everythings gets crop, how can i resize it to view all the categories?

39. Mintonne

Mintonne

Hello @gauchoL

Thank you for purchasing QuizApp.

Kindly send me an email with the issue at hand (Feel free to provide as much detail as possible). I'll be able to offer you much more personalized assistance there.

Looking forward to hear from you.

40. civogames

civogames

Hello!

I just purchased your asset and when I went to the Project window, I tried to open the scene
    Assets/Trivia 365/Extensions/Admob manager

Then I got this error:

Assets/Trivia 365/Extensions/Admob Manager/AdmobManager.cs(4,7): error CS0246: The type or namespace name `GoogleMobileAds' could not be found. Are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?

I don't see anything about Admob in your documentation.

Please could you give me a hand?

Thank's in advance

41. Mintonne

Mintonne

Hello @civogames

Sorry for the delay. I am preparing a quick tutorial. I should post it here in the next 30 minutes.

42. Mintonne

Mintonne

INTEGRATING ADMOB INTERSTITIAL ADS (WORKS FOR ANY OTHER GAME TOO)
    • Make sure your Android SDK is updated and the JAVA_HOME environment variable is setup correctly. (You can do a quick search on the internet for tutorials on how to fix this)
    • Download the Google Mobile Ads plugin and import it into the Unity project.
    • Extract the provided Admob Extension in the project.
    • Drag the Admob Manager prefab to the hierarchy. You should have 2 fields on the Admob manager.
    • Enter the Ad ID in the Ad Unit field. You can obtain it here.
    • You can also set when the ad show in the Show Ad Every. For example, if you set it to zero, an ad will show immediately after it is called from the script. If you set it to 3, the an ad will show only after the third call. You can use this to avoid spamming your users with ads.
    • Final, open a script, locate the part you want to show an ad (e.g GameOver) and type the code shown below.
    Code (CSharp):
    1. AdmobManager.instance.ShowInterstitial ();
    • You can call the ads at several locations.

In case you have any further queries, kindly send me an email.

43. Mintonne

Mintonne

QuizApp 2.5 Coming Soon :)

New dashboard under construction. (Available on all demos)

(Click to enlarge)

44. mrinmoy

mrinmoy

Hi @Mintonne I purchased your QuizMe version. I tried to build the app for iOS but getting error social share :
    can you please tell me how to fix it -

Undefined symbols for architecture armv7:

"_ShowSocialSharing", referenced from:

_Demo2NativeShare_ShowSocialSharing_m1057383336 in Bulk_Assembly-CSharp_0.o

_Demo2NativeShare_ShowSocialSharing_m1057383336 in Bulk_Assembly-CSharp_0.o

(maybe you meant: _Demo2NativeShare_ShowSocialSharing_m1057383336)

ld: symbol(s) not found for architecture armv7

clang: error: linker command failed with exit code 1 (use -v to see invocation)

It seems to be the issue with share plugin. Kindly help me out if you can.
    Thanks

45. Mintonne

Mintonne

Hello @mrinmoy

Here is a quick guide. Unity has some sort of bug that includes scripts not in use.

CONFIGURING NATIVE SHARING ON IOS

1. Extract the included iOS plugins unity package (Located at Assets > Trivia 365)
    2. Done.

NOTE: The Demo 1 and Demo 2 native share scripts share the same IOS plugins. The Unity editor includes scripts in the final build whether they are in use or not.

What should I do now?

- You need to delete the Demo2NativeShare script if you are using Demo 1 and vice versa. You can always restore the script by re-importing the package. (Unselect everything except that script when importing)

46. Mintonne

Mintonne

QUIZAPP.png

OnePlus 3 - Mockup.png

CHANGELOG
    • Introducing the smart downloader - Download and cache images from the cloud to the phone. The image is saved temporarily on the phone to save bandwidth.
    • Revamped user interface - All demos have a new and improved UI.
    • New editor dashboard - All new editor dashboard.
    7XH7BSR.png
    • Updated OneSignal integration.
    • Comprehensive documentation with illustrations - Rewrote the documentation from scratch.
    • Dropped Gamify demo - Gamify demo is no longer included in QuizApp.
    • A whole bunch of minor tweaks and improvements.

47. E-stroyer

E-stroyer

Awesome, thanks for the updates. The smart downloader will certainly come in handy!

Mintonne likes this.
  48. Mintonne

Mintonne

49. Luschie

Luschie

Hey, great asset!
    One question: is it possible to create sub categories like for example history - german history?
    Thanks in advance

50. Mintonne

Mintonne

Hello,

At the moment, it is not possible to create a sub-category. However, I have noted your suggestion and I'll look into it.

Regards,
    Jack E.