Search Unity

Questions about the Linux experience

Discussion in 'Linux' started by rodrigonb, Jul 3, 2016.

1. rodrigonb

rodrigonb

I've recently tried Unity on Arch, and it's almost there for me, but there are a few issues I'd like to solve if possible before I can comfortably develop on Linux. I'd like to ask if these are isolated incidents, if other people are facing these issues too, and what workarounds others have found:

1. GetAxis not working when the mouse is outside the Game view
    2. Cursor set to Locked makes the mouse behave in a very strange way. This is unfortunate because it would have been a pretty good workaround to point 1.
    3. Sharing source control with Windows users. Linux -> Windows seems to work fine, however, when I open a Unity project that was created on Windows, or clone a repo based on something that was made on Windows, then I get two completely blank errors on the console, there's no message on them, nothing happens when I click them, but they prevent me from compiling.
    I ignore:
    -all dlls
    -the Library and obj folders
    -UnityVS
    -project settings
    -and monodevelop/vstudio project files
    but the problem seems to show up whenever those files where ever used on the project, even if they have never been downloaded from Linux.
    The workaround was to export the entire assets folder and then reimport it into a new project set up on Linux, which solves the problem, but causes all .meta files to change.
    Is this doable or is it something I shouldn't even be attempting? Is there any way I can at least see what those blank console errors are?
    4. MonoDevelop's 'solution' widget can't be set to dark. I've tried loading different GTK themes but parts of the interface seem to be hardcoded.
    Has anyone got debugging working on another editor?