Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

Question about integrating 2 ads vendors

Discussion in 'Unity Ads & User Acquisition' started by talrumers, Nov 23, 2015.

1. talrumers

talrumers

HelloUnity staff :D

I am thinking about integrating 2 ad vendors in my game (Unity ads + Chartboost),
    and everytime someone wants to see a rewarded ad a script will check what was the last ad vendor request and will show the second one (and if an ad is not ready - or not showing for some reason -, it will try the second one),
    This will potentially increase my fill rate, my ecpm (users that choose to see alot of ads will see 1/2 of the unity ads, and 1/2 of ChartBoost ads) so the ads shown to users will be more or less 1/2 unity ads, and 1/2 Chartboost.

I will be glad if a unity moderator can approve my plan and tell me if it's ok or maybe it's wrong or not efficient in some way :)

2. rasmus-unity

rasmus-unity

Sounds like you are referring to a method similar to e.g. https://blog.fyber.com/tag/waterfall-model/, right? So as such (without knowing the details of your implementation) it's already being done by mediation networks, who integrates a number of different ad networks in their APIs.

Would honestly be surprised if a "round-robin of two" technique as you suggest, would increase your revenue much, but who knows? :)

-Rasmus

3. talrumers

talrumers

Thanks for the answer Rasmus,
    Unity Ads put a cooldown on ads, so in some countries that don't have much campaigns, you can only see 2-3 rewarded videos, and then you have no ad to see because of the cooldown. So integrating 2 ad networks and take 1 from here and 1 from here each time will reduce the chances that even ad spammers will get left without an ad to watch.
    That alone increases my ravanue - Not missing ad showing chances, am i not right? :D

Thanks,
    Tal Rumer.

4. JamesLeeNZ

JamesLeeNZ

I use three in my apps.

It will increase revenue slightly. Its definitely better than using one provider that will rotate 3-4 ads constantly. Theres little to zero chance that a user will click and ad just because its being shown multiple times, so you using multiple providers means you get variation in your ads. Youll at least have 5-10 unique ads that way.

5. w0flm0nk

w0flm0nk

You can check out Appodeal, you can integrate with Unity and Chartboost. And you don't have to manually manage your waterfall, it is all done automatically to receive bids from all major ad networks.