Search Unity

Quad game object preview in Inspector?

Discussion in 'Editor & General Support' started by KingfisherWyvernStudio, Jan 29, 2015.

1. KingfisherWyvernStudio

KingfisherWyvernStudio

Hey all,

In the space shooter Tutorial (chapter 5 and 7, I haven't seen the others yet), I noticed the Quad is added and a preview is given in the inspector. I can add the Quad without a problem, but I don't see a preview. The inspector's preview window remains empty. Is that supposed to happen in this version of Unity (4.6.1f1) or should it show in the preview window and do I need to set a certain setting somewhere?

The only things I see in the Inspector's preview window are things I check in the project folder.

Thanks for the help!

2. Bloodmoss

Bloodmoss

I have the Exact same issue. I am a new hobbyist and absolutely love the tutorials, and this may not seem like a huge problem for some of you experts out there, but if someone could just explain how to "turn the preview window on" that would be a great help in following these tutorials.

On a side note, id like to express my gratitude to Unity and their tutorial guides, at this point I feel like a monkey holding a screwdriver and banging it on a rock because I can't comprehend the tool itself, but I plan on getting there... Thanks for the help in advance.

3. Bloodmoss

Bloodmoss

Welp, I figured it out. If anyone else is having this problem. Its because you are also new. If you wish to see something on the preview tab located in the bottom right of the screen, you simply have to click on the item in the assets folder (or subs). Once it is highlighted, you will notice that a small tab appears in the superior bottom right of the Unity window. If you drag this tab up with the mouse, you will see the preview interface. It was that simple. I hope my noobishness helps someone else out in the future.

Regards

cisar likes this.
  4. KingfisherWyvernStudio

KingfisherWyvernStudio

Thanks Bloodmoss! I had totally forgotten I had made this topic and thus forgot to update it when I figured out the same thing you did :(

Thanks for mentioning this! :D

5. CameronLewis

CameronLewis

I'm having this very issue, but can't seem to get the preview area to actually resize so that I can see its contents. There's a title bar for the preview area, and hovering just above it gives me a resize tool icon, but clicking and dragging upward does nothing. Anyone have any ideas/pointers? :)