Search Unity

[Puzzle Game]Rivet Revolution

Discussion in 'Works In Progress - Archive' started by blueteak, Dec 27, 2014.

1. blueteak

blueteak

Hey everyone! I've done a lot of work and polishing for my new Puzzle Game, Rivet Revolution.

Here's a trailer:

Animated Gameplay GIF:

EDIT:
    Level Editor Added

And here are some screenshots to pique your interest:

The game is a pure puzzle game, minimalist 2D graphics refrain from cluttering the screen while allowing many game-pieces to challenge you.

Tips and Comments on the levels help you out while supplying a bit of humor.

All components are interactive, and have fluid animations.

Puzzles range from simple to mind-melting.

So, hopefully now you are interested in trying the game out. Well, you are in luck!
    Here is a link to test it out: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/102413512/RivetRevolution/RivetRevolution.html

There is a Dev button on the top right to submit feedback on a per-level basis.
    Additionally, I am tracking statistics about level completion (No personal data obviously, just what level you are on and how many deaths it took to beat it/skip it)

If you get really stuck, there is another Dev button on the top left that will let you select other levels you haven't unlocked yet.

Finally, I am working on creating a level editor that I will completely implement in the future. Currently, I just have the layout created for feedback purposes, but it doesn't "do" anything at the moment.

Let me know what you think, and PLEASE submit as much feedback as you can, level design is hard, especially for puzzle games, so any help is appreciated!

- Blueteak

Last edited: Apr 9, 2015
  2. blueteak

blueteak

Trailer now live!

Last edited: Dec 29, 2014
  3. Scott-Broughton

Scott-Broughton

Looks fun to play! It reminds me of a game I played as a kid on our Mac in the 90s. Can't remember the name. When I get on a machine that can play this game, I'll give it a try.

4. blueteak

blueteak

Yes! It is a spiritual successor to Spin Doctor, an old Mac game in OS 7!

Also, you can play on Web, the link is in first post, you don't have to do it on iOS.

5. Scott-Broughton

Scott-Broughton

I'm using Safari 5.0.6 on a Mac OS X, and the game on your link isn't working.

Spin Doctor! Glad someone else remembers that game, too. A classic. Hope yours is as addicting as that one.

6. blueteak

blueteak

My safari is 7.1, so I'm not sure I can check to fix it (On OSX as well)
    Do you have chrome?

7. DMONGS

DMONGS

It looks simple and fun :)
    I'm making a puzzle game too, so it's very interesting to me.
    When will you release it on the App Store?
    Is it paid? or freemium?

8. blueteak

blueteak

Ya, it will be released on the app store, I'm not sure if it will be free or paid.
    I'd like to just be able to do paid and not worry about annoying people with IAPs or Ads but we'll see.

9. blueteak

blueteak

UPDATE: Would love some feedback on potential icons!
    Here are the current options:

10. Nicrom

Nicrom

The first two define very well the theme of the game.

11. blueteak

blueteak

Thanks for the feedback! I agree, I'm leaning toward number 2, since number 1 (which is supposed to make an R with the shadow) uses components not in the game (the thin rods).

12. blueteak

blueteak

I created a level editor so I don't need to worry about how many levels I ship with!