Search Unity

Project Virtue: A Sci-Fi Dungeon Crawler in the works

Discussion in 'Works In Progress - Archive' started by DarkArtsProdigy, Nov 17, 2014.

1. DarkArtsProdigy

DarkArtsProdigy

Nano-Tech Entertainment
    It's been awhile since I last posted on the Unity3D forums, but I'm back and I've been working hard (and slowly) on a project I think might have potential.

What Exactly is Project Virtue?
    Project Virtue (not the official name), is a science fiction dungeon crawler I've been working on in my spare time. You player a Solar Federation soldier involved in war between the Solar Federation and the Stellar Force.

I began this project three weeks ago after returning to World of Warcraft for the first time in two years. While I was playing WoW I decided to do a dungeon raid (though I sucked at it) and I realized how fun it was. This got me thinking about making a game where you battle aliens in different areas of space for control.

So is this multiplayer or single player?
    Right now I'm only worrying about single player. Making a multiplayer game is hard and if I did do it, I'd have to write hard code so players would search for a game matching their level and players matching their level- it's too hard. BUT- I'm not ruling out multiplayer, we'll just have to see after I release the game.

Here are some screenshots in-game
    (PLEASE NOTE THIS IS NOT THE FINAL PRODUCT, WE ARE BARELY IN DEVELOPMENT MODE)

As you can see, I have used the old Unity3D FPS tutorial in my project, but all the models & textures from it will soon be changed. Also, I modeled the first dungeon myself- it looks a little empty but that will soon change.

Currently I am modeling the Station- a Solar Federation secured space station where your player will go every time they start the game or finish/leave a dungeon. At the Station your player will be able to purchase weapons, ammo, defensive gear, and other items that they can use while in the dungeons- of course this will not turn into another "freemium" game so do not worry about having to purchase items in-game with real life money (I'm not doing this game for the money).

Won't Players Run Out of Dungeons to Complete?
    When I release the game I plan to have at least ten dungeons (hard of course) to have to do. Once the game is published I will then work on more and more dungeons to add in the game (free of course) and release them when I complete them. So I hop players will never run out of dungeon raids to complete.

Of course I am open to ideas, comments, or suggestions for the game- you can just reply to the thread and I will answer or you can PM me.

Ony likes this.
  2. DarkArtsProdigy

DarkArtsProdigy

11/20/14 UPDATE: I've completed most of the basic work on the Station

Here's a look inside the (mostly empty) Station:

Also I've designed the flag and propaganda for the Solar Federation:

Here's the flag of the Solar Federation, the playable faction in the game.

Here is some propaganda that will appear in-game for the Solar Federation:

Currently I am scripting the NPC's in the Station so many of them can have stores in which the player can go to and purchase guns, ammo, armor, etc using Kredits (the currency of the Solar Federation) which is earn by passing levels.

I've made a quick prototype video showing the basic gameplay including the Station and the first dungeon you can play in called "Captured Station". Here you go:

All the building models you see are my creations. Next on my agenda is making more dungeons to play and adding more gun models.

As a 15 year old, this is pretty solid to me but I'm still working hard and trying to make sure it's perfect

Ony likes this.